• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I can't exactly remember, but I do remember watching Pokemon when I was 4 or 5, but back then I didn't realise at all what an anime was, haha. Other than Pokemon, I think I also used to watch Naruto, don't as much anymore since it never really airs now, but it was a great show and I really liked the characters :3, although I think I disliked Sakura for a while XD;. I think I also watched Digimon as well from memory, along with Thundercats!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Well, if no one minds, I'm just going to age myself right here. My first anime was the Noozles and the Adventures of the Little Koala. They were on Nick Jr. when I was three or four, and I watched them without any idea that they came from another country. They were dubbed by Saban. And I remember nothing about them because I was just a little kid.

As I grew up, I watched Sailor Moon and then the Samurai Pizza Cats and Speed Racer, slowly beginning to realize that they were different from American cartoons.

The first anime that I watched fully knowing that it came from Japan was Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I don't really remember too well... I believe the very first anime I've ever watched was Sailor Moon. But I definitely recall watching Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Pokémon, & Yu-Gi-Oh.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
My first would have been the Samurai X OVAs and then shortly after Evangelion. I do remember watching Guyver as well as the more mainstream Dragon Ball and Cadcaptor, but for the most part I'd say I had a very uncut childhood haha.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Good lord, let's see. Not counting Pokemon (which I watched when it debuted in America in....late 1998?) it might have been really old Dragonball, I think. I remember in 5th grade (2001) I felt "sneaky" for watching Adult Swim because it was like 17+ and I was 10 LOL. If it wasn't Dragonball, it was definitely Cowboy Bebop or Yu Yu Hakusho.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Idek what was my first. But it was on the line of Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon (Yes, I'm a dude, and watched it back in the day) Medabots, Trigun, Card Captures, and Knights of the Zodiacs.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
The first anime I watched is Dragon Ball, I freakin' love it but now I ruined my love to Dragon Ball and love SAO instead.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
My first animes are Pokémon and Dragon Ball, but the first one I saw completely, all chapters, was Rurouni Kenshin. Other than that, I usually watched Shaman King, Digimon, Ranma 1/2, Captain Tsubasa, Medabots and Yu Yu Hakusho before going to school or before going to bed.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
Well I used to always watch Toonami when I was younger and the first one I saw is hard to tell since I saw so many. The first one I really got into was Naruto and I watched it every week. I also saw some Gundam, Full Metal Achemist, Cowboy Bebop, Prince of Tennis, Bobabo, and some weird hamster show. Seriously does anyone remeber an anime about hamster's adventures in some back yard. I loved the action in them, when your a kid Dragon Ball Z is the greatest thing ever. I did have some moments where I wondered "What is happening?" in the more mature moments.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Du-Du-Du-Du-Duelll!!!
(For those that don't know this is from yugioh)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Pokemon. I started watching it when I was in first grade and have always loved it.

From there, I started watching Hamtaro, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Dragonball Z. But my favorite was Tenchi Muyo! which is still my favorite anime to do this day.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Probably Pokemon or Dragonball Z.

Although Pokemon is more a cartoon and it's pretty garbage to be honest.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
If I remember right, it was Pokemon. I then got into more when Toonami was doing its thing back in the day (Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Yu Yu Hakusho). A friend of mine then showed me a few other anime movies and series (3x3 eyes, Spirited Away, Akura, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Hellsing). The last anime I ever watched was Great Teacher Onizuka. I tried getting into Bleach in the beginning, but lost track of it after watching about 20 episodes of it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
It was Beyblade. I remember I used to be such a fan and frisked my parents to buy me Beyblade toys and such; after which came Pokémon and DBZ.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
it was yugioh gx and to be honest it was my favorite out of the other yugioh series.

Back