Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Often enough, I've meet some people who would sell a video game at a video game deal for some cash profits, or for some regular trade-in values for special deals. However, I just want to ask you all, have you ever sold a video game, whether it be an old game that you've had, or a new, recently developed game that you've had, for specific offers? Or, do you prefer to hold on to them for specific purposes? Why or Why not?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I've sold games from when I was younger, the super cheap games based on TV shows and movies and such :p Unfortunately I sold them quite a few years ago when I only knew about GameStop for trade backs and such, so I only got like $3 for four games.
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I always felt like Gamestop was trying to rip me off, so i never sold any of my games. I still have all the old PS1/PS2 classics, and I'm pretty happy i kept them (:

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I've only ever sold doubles of games. :x I sold my second copy of Phoenix Wright: Justice For All to a friend because both my brother and I had the game and we didn't need to keep both. I also sold my English copy of Kingdom Hearts 3D to a friend because I already owned it in Japanese and bought the Special Edition for the extras. So I had no use for the game that came with the goodies. :P

I think that's it though. I'm very much a collector so I wouldn't want to part with any of my games. Besides, you never know if you might want to play them again.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 19th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I normally sell games that I get when they were on special and found out they weren't really good. It's normally games that have a very fun first level but then every level after that turns out to be really bad.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I only sold one game. If I am not wrong its a Sonic DS game and I completed it quickly and found it not fun at all, so I traded in for a Pokemon Diamond and paid some $20 more. Best deal ever in my opinion though...

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Princess Sandshrew
PokéRespect

Nature: Docile
I used to sell game often, back in the PS1 days. I used to get reasonable offers for my games then. But when I started getting next to nothing for my games (and sometimes I would regret selling a game because I would want to play it a month later) I just stopped.
I would rather keep a game that I might play later than get 1/10 of what I paid for it to go towards a new game.
“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Soile
Eevee Breeder

You should wait until Gamestop has special trade-in offers, otherwise you get ripped off, like when I traded in my DSlite for $26 off my 3DS XL D:

I only trade in games that have no value to me. Like, American Idol Wii, Guitar Hero for DS. I may not play Portal every day, but it's staying on my shelf forever.
Black FC: 4642 8857 0045
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I almost never sell my games, but recently I was forced to when I found myself short of cash upon the release of Black 2/White 2
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I really never sell my games but give them to my friends so they can play them.

"By force of will!"
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I've sold a few, but I came to regret it later. The latest one was Batman: Arkham City, which I sold for $40 because I needed the money for another game that wasn't even that good. To this day I still regret that.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

From what I recall, I don't think I've ever sold a game. I actually never sell my games to be honest.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
There's games I've sold, some of them I regret. I recently sold my Pokemon TCG GBC, but now I kinda want it back as I want to play it again. Same for Final Fantasy I on the NES.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
There've been plenty of times where I've sold my games, but I try not to unless there's trade in specials at Gamestop/EB Games. It never really bothered me to bring them in, since I always used to get free copies of different games from EA through game testing, and more often than not I'd get duplicate titles. It helped me buy my 3DS XL for $80 or so, and I might as well get something out of them rather than leaving them on the shelf to collect dust.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Only time I have sold a game was when Gamestation had an offer on to get a game cheaper if you trade a certain game in. That's how I got most of my pokemon games cheaper that in GAME.
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM
Pyrax
World Class Baka

Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrax
I've sold video games on numerous occasions.
For example, I sold Nintendogs a week after buying it out of curiousity, same goes for the game for Deathly Hallows part 1.
Now that I think about it, I've ended up selling all of the games I hate, albeit not within a week of purchase.
MyAnimeList | Tumblr
"Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything." - Adroc Thurston
"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you" - Nyx
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
I sold a few games, the majority of them were games that I didn't want to play anymore, or lost interest. I never sell games that I love (unless if it's money emergency) because then in the future I'll rage my past self on why I sold it. xD

Majority of the games I sold in the past were sports games. xD
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Struggler

No I haven't sold any games and would prefer not to as I intend on playing them again at some stage. I have some PS2 doubles that I would sell but the cash return would not make it worthwhile
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:16 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

I've only sold games that were either so terrible I knew I'd never beat them. But for the most part, I keep all my games, even if it's a game I've beaten and doubt I ever replay. I like having a collection, and usually you don't get enough for the games you sell/trade to make much of a difference anyway.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I've sold alot of games that I ended up regretting later. The biggest one is probally Pokemon Platnium, at the time I wasn't enjoying it at all, but now I kinda miss the game.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Well, to answer my own question, I don't sell video games for cash, but, only for in-store credit. But, I'd only trade it in for in-store credit, only if I feel as though my relatives have too much video games as it is (because I'd normally give them my old video games). I dunno, there's really not much profit gained for selling them for cash; I feel as though that we can get much more from credits.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I sold all my DS games when I broke my DS. Gonna probably regret that in the long run. Sold Pokemon Platinum for $20, best deal I made. =P
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
t3chvoid
Unhatched Egg

I dunno... i would rather cash in my games at the games store for a discount on Consoles... as many stores do nowadays
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Luna3415

I have never sold a game, I am always a little bit afraid that I want to play that game later on... Furthermore I always wait to buy games until they are cheap (like 20€)
Ingame name: Luna
Friend code: 1435-4446-9611
Masuda Method mean chance without Shiny charm: 1/712.6 (n=11)
Masuda Method mean chance with Shiny charm: 1/243.5 (n=2)
Pokemon X
Safari: water: Quagsire, Octillery, Azumarill
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Rango
Show Me The Money Wide Load!

Nature: Naive
I've sold all of my old DS games and may DS.
I regret it deeply. ;_;
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here