The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Neither has! I'd love to see the former especially, since we have all these Fire types learning things like Smog. A Fire/Poison dual type would definitely be something I'd want to see. Ice/Poison sounds interesting too, especially since it takes away that pesky Fighting weakness away that plagues Ice types.
Ice/Poison sounds like it would be cool, though its a type combination that just doesn't meld well....It loses Fighting only. It keeps everything else. Resistance wise its very meh. Grass, Poison, Ice, and Bug. Not that great. Not to mention both types get a huge shaft stat wise. Together it would have pretty mediocre stats and Move pool.

Fire/Poison is so interesting...x4 weakness to ground is just so unsexy.
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Ice/Poison sounds like it would be cool, though its a type combination that just doesn't meld well....It loses Fighting only. It keeps everything else. Resistance wise its very meh. Grass, Poison, Ice, and Bug. Not that great. Not to mention both types get a huge shaft stat wise. Together it would have pretty mediocre stats and Move pool.

Fire/Poison is so interesting...x4 weakness to ground is just so unsexy.
Agree with you on Ice/Poison. It's still weak to so many common types it's still not great, but it'd be interesting at least. As for Fire/Poison, Heatran has the same issue and still functions well! Balloons are great things =P
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Khrysta

Balloons are easy to bypass and are situation at best though. Just cause Heatran also has it doesn't raise the appeal.

Pokemon that share the x4 Ground weakness

Magnezone: OU. Really good and doesn't have to worry about OHKOs with Sturdy. Has pretty decent stats to back it up.
Magneton: RU. Was as good as Magnezone before Gen 4 when Magnezone replaced it. Now its not used that often. Like with Magnezone it has decent stats to back it up.

Both are mostly due to its Steel Typing's natually high defenses.

Macargo: NU. It has its moments, but its not used for a reason.
Bastidon: NU. Despite having some pretty good defense, it sits in obscurity thanks to X4 Ground and X4 Fighting weakness. Has a bit more as to why its not used often, but still fits.
Probopass: NU. Pretty much the same as Bastidon.
Aggron: RU. Used more than the above two due to having a better attacking stat but still falls down hard.

Heatran's saving grace is he's a 600 BST Legendary. If his stats were below 500, he'd be with the others in RU/NU.

So baring 2 competitively x4 Ground isn't that great. Only 3 of which have x4 weakness to fighting which is possibly the only other reason they're down as far as they are which is really sad cause I really like two of them =C

If the Fire/Poison is under 500 BST, its going to be NU/RU bait. While it'll have potential in NU and RU, that's still not the best thing to go off of. It may even fall as far as the newly made PU which is 3.41% of NU usage.

I don't want to discourage the hope cause it CAN still be made, just it'll be very unappealing and fall into mediocrity very fast.
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I agree with XanderO, a x4 weakness to Ground would be a huge disadvantage. If this Pokemon happened to have Levitate as an ability though, he would only be weak to Water, Rock and Psychic, which would make him way more usable. And even with a x4 Ground weakness, I'd love to see the design for a pokemon with this typing!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

I have always wanted a Rock/Poison type pokemon with levitate, it has a 4x weakness to earthquake but levitate nullifies its ground weakness. I would like a pokemon with this typing is gen 6, and NOT terrible!!!!!!!!

Speaking of new pokemon, you all have probably seen it, but I'll post it anyway:

What do you think of these possible pokemon? Please, give me your thoughts!
I personally like the birdie, he looks so badass, and I hope his final evolution ends up being a kickass bird similar to Staraptor, NOT Unfezant!!! And that facial expression just screams "Does it LOOK like I give a ****?"
I think that bug thing just looks stupid, but you never know, after all that stupid Shelmet evolves into ACCELGOR!!!!! But yeah, until otherwise the bug sucks.

(BTW sorry if this has already been done before )

Gen 6.

Last edited by Archeops12354; March 18th, 2013 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 18th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
I have always wanted a Rock/Poison type pokemon with levitate, it has a 4x weakness to earthquake but levitate nullifies its ground weakness. I would like a pokemon with this typing is gen 6, and NOT terrible!!!!!!!!

Speaking of new pokemon, you all have probably seen it, but I'll post it anyway:

What do you think of these possible pokemon? Please, give me your thoughts!
I personally like the birdie, he looks so badass, and I hope his final evolution ends up being a kickass bird similar to Staraptor, NOT Unfezant!!! And that facial expression just screams "Does it LOOK like I give a ****?"
I think that bug thing just looks stupid, but you never know, after all that stupid Shelmet evolves into ACCELGOR!!!!! But yeah, until otherwise the bug sucks.

(BTW sorry if this has already been done before :nervous:)
Well they were proven fake so I don't really have an opinion on them :(

Rock/poison with levitate sounds pretty fun tho. :3;
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well they were proven fake so I don't really have an opinion on them

Rock/poison with levitate sounds pretty fun tho. :3;
Oh, were they fake? Sorry I didn't know!
Fake or not, I still love that bird.

Gen 6.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
I don't want to discourage the hope cause it CAN still be made, just it'll be very unappealing and fall into mediocrity very fast.
I'd like to say that Magnezone is also OU because of it's typing. Sure, Steel type is kind of a flimsy type depending on what you pair it with, and I'm sure electric isn't the actual -best- of choices, but the fact that it can launch out STAB Thunderbolts and Flash cannons like there's no tomorrow is precisely why it's so likeable. Subs are possible with Zone too iirc, so it can dish out charge beams, slowly increasing Special Attack to devastating levels.

If the Fire/Poison type has this, then I can really see it being either UU or OU, depending on it's stats. The problem with zone is that it can be quite a task getting rid of it's checks/counters, and imagine that going double for this new Fire/Poison Pokemon, but really, I really imagine it being something more like Toxicroak more than anything else. Ground, Flying, 4x Psychic weak. Three weaknesses, and they're all not really all that uncommon, and it's OU. Granted you only really see it in Rain, but even used outside of it it can be a bit of a problem (talking about the Bulk up versions here).

And plus, we really don't know what sixth gen has to offer in terms of boosting status moves. Would it give us something to work around with, as far as weaknesses are concerned? Perhaps there's a status move that allows a Pokemon to negate one of it's weaknesses? These are things I feel that have to be taken into account, because even if a Pokemon type has the most weaknesses in the world, it can still be formidable.

I mean, just ask Celebi. It's Calm Mind does that talking for pretty much every Special Attacker out there, and dishes out devastating Earth Powers, Psyshocks, the whole nine yards, really.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Forever
let it go

Poison/fire also has the chance to be really fast too. Kind of like Scolipede, and could be exclusively for TSpikes/Spikes, something that the higher tiers can use, especially if it has a high BST.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Maybe stupidly fast like Electrode

Gen 6.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Forever
let it go

If it's that fast I'm unsure it'll fit into a higher tier...

Maybe a little slower, around the level of uhh, Terrakion? Seems like it'd fit fine into the higher tiers, and be good in-game then!
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

In fact, I think something like Electric/Poison would also work out to some sort of extent. There's only two weaknesses, and a 4x Ground weak (2x Psychic weak). I imagine it being more of a powerful physical sweeper than anything else, what do you guys think? o:
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:47 AM
MeerFall
Strong, Competitive, Cool!

Nature: Brave
This might be kind of werid or confusing but I hope a machine type.
Now don't jump to conclusions, I am aware of steel types but I mean machine.

As some of you might know, we often create machines that replace organs or body parts. Otherwise called a Bionic heart/arm/legs etc.

So no man said there cannot be such things a Bionic pokemon. Wheather its half robot or completely robotic, I would like see robot pokemon overrulling the city!

but thats probley never going to happen.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

It seems like the majority of these Machine types would be part Steel though, wouldn't they? Especially if we're talking about Bionic parts, they could just be pure steel, if nothing else fits. :( I mean, it seems super cool, don't get me wrong, but what would they be weak to, and what would they be strong against? It's these kinds of things that are always on my mind when considering a new type!
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
That's a problem i see too. The idea is pretty cool, but if they resemble a steel type in too many aspects, i doubt they'll include something that already exists in some sort of way. That's the reason people say "Light" will never happen, since having electric and fire that covers pretty much the aspects a Light type could have...or at least that's what they say

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
A lot of the types getting suggested honestly just overlap with what we already have. Machine definitely overlaps with Steel, and I still think Light overlaps with Electricity/Fire a lot. I don't think we need new types still, especially ones that are extremely overlapping.
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I personally feel that, when new types are made, special consideration has to be made for competitive play. What's the reasoning for suggesting a new type, and is it necessary? What is it there to balance out, and what is it weak against? Arguably, depending on who you speak to, it can be said that Dragons tend to be most OP types out there, but that's very subjective, and I believe Steel does fulfill that purpose of resisting dragons (even if like, 90% of them carry Fire Blast. Oh well). I remember making an earlier post in this thread about this, but if a new type is going to made to counter anything, it should be made to counter Dragons effectively to certain extent, but even that is a huge stretch, considering there are also good mons out there, who are neither Steel nor Ice and can do some serious damage to Dragon-type Pokemon.

/endrant.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
A lot of the types getting suggested honestly just overlap with what we already have. Machine definitely overlaps with Steel, and I still think Light overlaps with Electricity/Fire a lot. I don't think we need new types still, especially ones that are extremely overlapping.
Types we already have overlap as well. Rock and Ground are essentially the same thing, yet Pokemon made it into two separate type elements with different weaknesses and strengths. Grass is almost always associated with Earth elements outside of Pokemon, so we have 3 parts to 1 element in a type.

Water and Ice are usually associated in one element as well. They like Ground and Rock have their own weaknesses and strengths that work fairly well.

Overlapping probably wouldn't be so much of an issue.

If a new type is made, I'd prefer another elemental type, like say wind. Flying type is associated but flying type itself is not wind. A lot of wind based attacks are not flying typed and the only two known Pokemon based off wind are Grass/Dark and Water typed.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
If a new type is made, I'd prefer another elemental type, like say wind. Flying type is associated but flying type itself is not wind. A lot of wind based attacks are not flying typed and the only two known Pokemon based off wind are Grass/Dark and Water typed.
I suppose moves like Air Slash and Air Cutter (along with Razor Wind?) would be considered wind attacks, so I can definitely see how it would fit into a type of it's own, but as a whole, since birds can perform wind attacks anyway, it would seemingly be redundant, sadly. u__u It would be so cool though, not gonna lie about that. xD;
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
Like posted above, a panda! It would be so adorable!
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
dragonnathan025
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to dragonnathan025
I know this isn't the spot for it, but the presence of Palpitoad and Golurk in front of a stone castle makes me believe that might be a Ground-type Gym, with the trainer being the leader.

Anyway, I want to see a Light-Type Pokemon, we are looong overdue for one, since the introduction of the Dark type, in fact.

Also, I would say that I personally would like a Dark-Psychic serpent Pokemon, sort of similar in appearance to Serpent Night Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I suppose moves like Air Slash and Air Cutter (along with Razor Wind?) would be considered wind attacks, so I can definitely see how it would fit into a type of it's own, but as a whole, since birds can perform wind attacks anyway, it would seemingly be redundant, sadly. u__u It would be so cool though, not gonna lie about that. xD;
Birds can perform more than just wind attacks and many non-birds can use the attacks as well.

Razor Wind, Ominous Wind, Icy Wind, Silver Wind, Heatwave (which is Hot wind in japan), Gust, Whirlwind, Hurricane, Air Slash (though this is more pressure based than wind Air cutter is the same)

These can be learned by a multitude of different typed Pokemon. You even get Pokemon like Trapinch that can learn moves like Gust. Suicune as I mentioned before is based off of the North Wind and is a Pure water type. Shiftry is based off of a wind demon god known as a tengu. He's Grass/Dark.

Wind itself was never restricted to just Birds/Flying types.

I don't really think any of these except for maybe the normal ones get retyped, and definately none of the Pokemon should get retyped. But Wind is in the game just as Sound is. Sound has the best chance of existance as its recognized thanks to the Sound Proof Ability. But my hopes would go towards Wind.
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Birds can perform more than just wind attacks and many non-birds can use the attacks as well.

-snip-
But in that case, why not just re-name Flying-types to wind types instead of just creating a whole new type altogether? Unless thats what you were saying all along...
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:18 PM
MarinoKadame

We have Ice that is Water in solid state, so it's already an overlap type.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
But in that case, why not just re-name Flying-types to wind types instead of just creating a whole new type altogether? Unless thats what you were saying all along...
No...I said it pretty loud and clear. I'd like for them to add a Wind type to the games. Flying =/= Wind. Many Wind attacks are not flying and so far the only 2 Pokemon based off of Wind are not Flying types. Wind and Flying don't have to have the same weaknesses or resistances. Like Wind could be SE to Rock due to erosion. Same with Ground. They are two separate types that don't directly involve one another.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links