• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
You need dive to reach Sootopolis City and to get to the submarine Team Magma/Aqua stole. For Waterfall, you'll only need it once during the main story and that's to get to the entrance of Victory Road.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What I like to do is save some really good TMs till after Victory Road, or reteach level up moves with Heart Scales I didn't use and have no further plans for in post game. I don't like to take HM slaves with me in Victory Road, cause my team can use all the extra exp they can get. So I teach them the HMs I need for Victory Road (Rock Smash, Strength, Surf). You can also use Flash in there, which I'd recommend if it's your first playthrough or if you haven't done RSE Vic. Road in a long time. Waterfall isn't necessary, but there is a route in there that requires it. You don't have to take that route though.

And once you get out of there, you can delete those HM moves and teach the TMs you saved or reteach any level up moves you got rid of with some Heart Scales. That's just my personal strategy though, so use whatever feels good for you. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2013
Feebass! [Emerald]

Feebass and of course Milotic are the only 2 pokemon I am missing from completing my Hoenn Dex.

I have searched hours on end for this little runt. I want to scramble the tiles but the guy will not let me. He's saying 'I think Well Ball is what is real in cool' Oh my god, can someone help me? He's been like this for ages.

Years
Bulbapedia said:
Instead of being found in any fishing location as would be customary with most Pokémon, Feebas are located in only six random water blocks along the route. Adding to the difficulty, other Pokémon besides Feebas will still appear in the Feebas blocks as well. There is no known easy method to determine which blocks contain Feebas: the only way is fish repeatedly into each and every water block on the route, doing so enough times to be reasonably confident that no Feebas are in that block (or else just risk missing a block). Any rod can find Feebas. Once hooked, a Feebas is an easy catch, and they can be fished from the same tile many times.
The tiles appear to change location arbitrarily whenever the trendy phrase in Dewford Town changes.

What it's saying is that Feebas are only found in 6 specific water tiles on Route 119. The tiles change according to the trendy phrase in Dewford Town. Any type of rod can yield Feebas as long as it's fished on one of the 6 specific tiles generated by the trendy phrase.

However, there is a chance of other Pokemon showing up as well, so be patient. You will have to try fishing on every single tile in hope you eventually find one.

To evolve Feebas into Milotic, you need to max out its Beauty contest stat by feeding it Pokeblocks that raise the Beauty condition. Blue and Indigo Pokeblocks are your best bet.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Feebas is a real pain in the butt to get. Just get a Super Rod and fish on EVERY tile on route 119 till you get a Feebas. Once you find the spot, be sure to get a few for trading and breeding purposes and remember that spot. I know blue and Indigo Pokeblocks are cool for maxing out its beauty stat, but I only remember Bulk and Weaper berries make Indigo Pokeblocks. Good luck! :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Okay so Feebas can be caught with any rod if you're on the correct tile. Once you find one, try and get either a Rash, Quiet, Modest or Mild natured one, as they will be easiest to evolve. The best berry to make beauty PokéBlock out of would be Wiki berries or Pamtre Berries (which are given once by the Berry Master's Wife by saying "Challenge Contest". Also note due to the tiles being based off the trendy saying, if you mix records with another game, you Feebas tiles will change.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
Internal Clock Issue

OK. As many others I recieved the infamous message informing me that the internal battery has run dry in my copy of Emerald. So I went and bought a new battery, replaced the old one, and started up the game. I went back and checked to see if the clock was running and it was, plus I didn't get the message when I started the game.

Well it's been several days now and the time based events DO NOT work??! Lottery is stuck saying "Please come back tomorrow" and berries will not grow. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I've been considering restarting the game just because I've done most everything, and I've been wondering if that might fix the problem. I'm a little frustrated.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
OK. As many others I recieved the infamous message informing me that the internal battery has run dry in my copy of Emerald. So I went and bought a new battery, replaced the old one, and started up the game. I went back and checked to see if the clock was running and it was, plus I didn't get the message when I started the game.

Well it's been several days now and the time based events DO NOT work??! Lottery is stuck saying "Please come back tomorrow" and berries will not grow. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I've been considering restarting the game just because I've done most everything, and I've been wondering if that might fix the problem. I'm a little frustrated.

Hmm, this sounds similar to the infamous Berry Glitch in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. However this glitch isn't present in Pokemon Emerald so that's kind of weird. You're completely sure that it's legit cart and not a bootleg?

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
On my copy of LeafGreen, I bred myself a Tyrogue. It has a Quiet nature. I already have both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, so I want Hitmontop. What would be the best way for me to level it up so that the attack and defense stats remain the same?

Years
On my copy of LeafGreen, I bred myself a Tyrogue. It has a Quiet nature. I already have both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, so I want Hitmontop. What would be the best way for me to level it up so that the attack and defense stats remain the same?

Quiet nature raises Special Attack and lowers Speed, so it does not affect the Attack stat.

Just try using vitamins (specifically Iron and Protein in this case) and you can always save before evolving it, then try and evolve it. If it does not evolve into Hitmontop, you can reset, add more into the stats and try again. Hope that helped you.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Quiet nature raises Special Attack and lowers Speed, so it does not affect the Attack stat.

Just try using vitamins (specifically Iron and Protein in this case) and you can always save before evolving it, then try and evolve it. If it does not evolve into Hitmontop, you can reset, add more into the stats and try again. Hope that helped you.

Thanks. If I evolve it using an EXP Share and having it in my party, but not fighting any actual pokemon with it, will it affect any stat increases from EVs?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Thanks. If I evolve it using an EXP Share and having it in my party, but not fighting any actual pokemon with it, will it affect any stat increases from EVs?

The EXP Share gives the Pokemon that is holding it half the experience and half the EVs that the Pokemon that actually were in battle received. In the case of receiving only 1, I think all Pokemon involved including the one with the EXP Share get 1 EV.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The EXP Share gives the Pokemon that is holding it half the experience and half the EVs that the Pokemon that actually were in battle received. In the case of receiving only 1, I think all Pokemon involved including the one with the EXP Share get 1 EV.

I think this is also the case. My Beldum came to be pretty strong Ev'd even though I was training against one-EV'd wild Pokémon with one of my stronger guys.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Effects of Internal Battery Dead?

What exactly happens when the clock battery dies? What events no longer occur in the game, and is it worth replacing the battery?

Do elapsed-time based events function while the game is running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back