The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 6th, 2013, 02:13 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
ive read similar problems were had by gamshark users who tried to shiny their starter... but I have yet to find a solution... meh... I would like to implement it.. but if not, no big deal

I did it to keep people from hunting 1 specific pokemon... cause they are not likely to pass up a shiny even if its not the starter they wanted... but if they just catch the first thing they see they wont get to the shiny
Yeah, I just caught a shiny Machop and it turned into a bad egg. Maybe it is something to do with it being your first pokemon, and the game does shinies differently for starters. I know that people get shiny starters in normal game play, so there must be a difference.

Paired with Simba
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:21 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Yeah, I just caught a shiny Machop and it turned into a bad egg. Maybe it is something to do with it being your first pokemon, and the game does shinies differently for starters. I know that people get shiny starters in normal game play, so there must be a difference.
yeah there has to be some sort of check the starters do that the shinyizer does not account for...

~Completed Projects:

Old March 6th, 2013, 02:26 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
yeah there has to be some sort of check the starters do that the shinyizer does not account for...
Is the NES supposed to tell me it is too dangerous to go alone and then pretend to give me somethin?

Edit: Also, I'm not seeing this Pokédex glitch. I don't have the Pokédex right before I talk to Oak about it, and I have it after. I thought you said you pulled a fast one with some vars somewhere.

Paired with Simba
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Is the NES supposed to tell me it is too dangerous to go alone and then pretend to give me somethin?

Edit: Also, I'm not seeing this Pokédex glitch. I don't have the Pokédex right before I talk to Oak about it, and I have it after. I thought you said you pulled a fast one with some vars somewhere.
lol thats the opening line to the first zelda game... (as in thats the one the character has in his NES) the the character decides not to start a new game in zelda... probably cause you just started pokemon...

Idk which version you are playing, but I did fix the pokedex issue...

In the end I will be releasing the 1.21 version... because there are a few major glitches later in the game (found by a beta tester friend of mine)

somehow the script for the statues in the pokemon mansion got totally wiped out... so you were stuck there... (i fixed it for 1.21) and the fossil script for the dome fossil was the same as the helix fossil... since the revival scientist guy works on flags not "checkitem" he did not see the dome fossil... so I fixed that too... (in 1.21)

Im going to finish playing through and making the players guide and hopefully that will be the end of the glitches and 1.21 will be glitch free

the only issue I cant seem to fix now is the dern sethealplace... it seems to work for everywhere BUT the new island (yes i extended the table (all of em) and the limiter bytes) so... ill have to figure that out... or remove it and ull just be warped to viridian if you die on 4-points isle

~Completed Projects:

Old March 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
lol thats the opening line to the first zelda game... (as in thats the one the character has in his NES) the the character decides not to start a new game in zelda... probably cause you just started pokemon...

Idk which version you are playing, but I did fix the pokedex issue...

In the end I will be releasing the 1.21 version... because there are a few major glitches later in the game (found by a beta tester friend of mine)

somehow the script for the statues in the pokemon mansion got totally wiped out... so you were stuck there... (i fixed it for 1.21) and the fossil script for the dome fossil was the same as the helix fossil... since the revival scientist guy works on flags not "checkitem" he did not see the dome fossil... so I fixed that too... (in 1.21)

Im going to finish playing through and making the players guide and hopefully that will be the end of the glitches and 1.21 will be glitch free

the only issue I cant seem to fix now is the dern sethealplace... it seems to work for everywhere BUT the new island (yes i extended the table (all of em) and the limiter bytes) so... ill have to figure that out... or remove it and ull just be warped to viridian if you die on 4-points isle
Sounds good. I'm playing the most recent ips you sent me. I can't believe I didn't catch that line *facepalm*.:p

Paired with Simba
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:17 AM
or19937
Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Nature: Lonely
I caught a shiny Pineco as my first Pokemon and when I battled my rival at the lab it turned into a Bad Egg O-o TT_TT

WHY?!
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:08 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

for soem reason the shinyizer wont work for shiny starters... so ive removed that for the 1.21 release... but till im done with 1.21 just dont catch a shiny starter...

~Completed Projects:

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:35 AM
mcollins12321
Unhatched Egg

Also, the scientists on Cinnabar would not take both fossils.
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcollins12321 View Post
Also, the scientists on Cinnabar would not take both fossils.
Thank you... this has been fixed for the 1.21 release (simple problem = simple solution)

I have nearly completed all the bug fixes that have been reported (and several I have found that were not reported) hopefully we can get it bug free soon

~Completed Projects:

Old March 17th, 2013, 05:47 AM
AutoFire
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
I have played through and enjoyed this hack, but I found something odd: why is Celebi not found as an event in, say, Pattern Bush? It's not like it doesn't have an overworld sprite, as TCRF proves, and it would certainly make more sense than its current location, as it is the guardian of the forests.
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:52 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

awesome idea... ill write up a script real quick

ok... Celebi is not in Berry forest (near lostelle) but you wont be able to get him till after you beat the elite four (and after I release the 1.21 update)...

you may be able to see him if you are careful

~Completed Projects:

Last edited by LocksmithArmy; March 17th, 2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:08 PM
AutoFire
Unhatched Egg

Quick question: where are Lati@s?
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:01 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoFire View Post
Quick question: where are Lati@s?
ok... beat the elite four... head back to 4-points isle... go into the haunted forest (not the haunted part tho) and go in the lil building in the north west corner...

that is an underground path that takes you to the guardian meadow...

follow the linear path to latias... if you catch latias, as you leave latios will fly in and try to beat you... you MUST CATCH latias or latios wont bother attacking you (he will be off helping his sister recover)

good luck

~Completed Projects:

Old March 19th, 2013, 05:27 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
ok... beat the elite four... head back to 4-points isle... go into the haunted forest (not the haunted part tho) and go in the lil building in the north west corner...

that is an underground path that takes you to the guardian meadow...

follow the linear path to latias... if you catch latias, as you leave latios will fly in and try to beat you... you MUST CATCH latias or latios wont bother attacking you (he will be off helping his sister recover)

good luck
"Sister" ohhhhh, I finally get it:p that is why they can't breed. Damn, why didn't I think of that earlier. I spent soooo long in my childhood trying to breed a baby lati@s, haha.

Anyways, it is looking sharp. I played through some more, and it definitely looks pretty cool!

Paired with Simba
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:43 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
"Sister" ohhhhh, I finally get it:p that is why they can't breed. Damn, why didn't I think of that earlier. I spent soooo long in my childhood trying to breed a baby lati@s, haha.

Anyways, it is looking sharp. I played through some more, and it definitely looks pretty cool!
hahahahaha well I only know that cause I have seen the movie they are in

in which it only mentions they have the same dad... (a latios) so im assuming the mom was a latias... and since they are the only 2... hrmm...

the 1.21 is coming along aswell... glitch after glitch after glitch keep disappearing

I have a slew of people on vizzed.com playing it and reporting glitches to me, its very helpful because of how slowly I am playing (while I make the players guide)

~Completed Projects:

Old March 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM
AutoFire
Unhatched Egg

I ran into a nasty bug: talking to the shopkeeper on Two Island for the first time in a new playthrough caused the game to crash and reset.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:24 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
I ran into a nasty bug: talking to the shopkeeper on Two Island for the first time in a new playthrough caused the game to crash and reset.
GAH... ok ill work on it... thanks

had you saved lostelle yet?

~Completed Projects:

Old March 19th, 2013, 07:40 AM
AutoFire
Unhatched Egg

No; in fact, I lost two badges worth of progress because I don't save my game nearly as often as I should...
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:45 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
No; in fact, I lost two badges worth of progress because I don't save my game nearly as often as I should...
WOWSERS thats a long time between saves lol

Im not seeing any issues in the script here... ill keep looking (and here in a bit ill be caught up to you anyway, im in pokemon mansion)

he says 4 different things...
1 for before lostelle,
1 after lostelle
1 after beating all 8 gym leaders
and 1 after becoming champ...

so my question is, is it glitched completely or just for the before lostelle comments...

the only thing i modified in that event is the store items for the final store (after becoming champ) but sometimes thing happen in areas I did not modify... so ill keep looking into it.

~Completed Projects:

Old March 19th, 2013, 03:15 PM
AutoFire
Unhatched Egg

Just made it back to that point, and the shop worked fine this time...

EDIT: After beating the Elite Four, I visited Dread Mountain's basement for the first time in this playthrough, and Kyogre wasn't there. Groudon, however, was.

Last edited by AutoFire; March 19th, 2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: new bug
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Just made it back to that point, and the shop worked fine this time...
Thats curious... thanks for the report anywayill have to keep an eye out for these one off crashes...

~Completed Projects:

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I wanted to give a little update with some of the fun little thing I have added while I fix glitches for the 1.21 release...

in addition to the ditto/mew fan lore I added to the pokedes:

I have added a fun challange based completely in fan lore... BURIEDALIVE

buriedalive is a creepypasta story about an alternate ending (sort of) for the japanese gen 1 games.. its not that I believe the story (i dont, not even a little bit) or even like it... it just got alot of recognition and seemed like something fun to add from a developers point of view...

no it wont crash your game or wreck your rom (i wanted it to give a game over screen but have not figured that out yet) its just a challanging battle with pokemon over lv 90...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8H_flAc4EA

there is a video of me fighting it (im around 45-50)

look up the original story to see how ridiculous it is... but its fun to play with

i hope that tides you over until I can release the glitch free 1.21

~Completed Projects:

Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
faku1810

Hi, I just registered to reply on this thread, lol. I've been playing this hack for a few days and just got stuck at pokemon mansion so i downloaded the 1.21 patch and am trying it out, as well as the guide (don't wanna miss any hidden objects haha )

Anyways, i just noticed that there are several items in the underground pathway (cerulean - vermilion) and guess what? I can't find ANY of them, either by blind searching or with the Item-finder. Not sure if that's a bug or something, probably like the statues issue in the mansion, so I just wanted to note it here. Just in case, i didn't get any response with the Item Finder in version 1.20 either.

EDIT: Oh, I just wanted to add that I read you could get a porygon2 evolving porygon at level 25, however, the porygon you get at the game center is already at that level and further leveling up won't lead to evolution... Is the evolution working properly, as you should be allowed to delay evolution past the required level, or is it because of how i got it? I hope someone can clarify me that.. Great game so far btw, I haven't had so much fun in a while.

Oh, something i found out is that you can take low level pokemon to route 6 and use the VS Seeker with the last 3 trainers to level up quickly. Bug catcher Elijah is specially good since it has a Butterfree lvl 20 with paralysis, poison, and sleep spores and Supersonic.. hence, it will NEVER hurt your low level pokemon directly (you can always heal when needed), and you'll get 684 exp from him, which is very good, the others might need to use the switch out trick, but with exp share you can still get those pokemon 3/4 of the exp.

---

Edit2: I just went to battle against BuriedAlive and I got Oak's first battle tutorial which i assume it's not intended to happen, and after switching pokemons the sprite is missing unless you go to the party screen and get back to battle

I am aware that is not a glitch free version yet, so should I report these things through PM or something? I checked the official website and there wasn't a contact email or anything. Also I re-visited the Rocket hideout in Celadon city and I got second coins refill there, but that's probably because i'm playing a rom with 1.21 applied now.

---

Edit3: Agghh, I thought it was weird the first time i went through it! Following the guide i re-visited the Catacombs in 4-points isle, and the technological maze has NO pokemon, none! I even tried using Sweet Scent with an Oddish and got nothing.

Last edited by faku1810; March 22nd, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faku1810 View Post
Hi, I just registered to reply on this thread, lol. I've been playing this hack for a few days and just got stuck at pokemon mansion so i downloaded the 1.21 patch and am trying it out, as well as the guide (don't wanna miss any hidden objects haha )

Anyways, i just noticed that there are several items in the underground pathway (cerulean - vermilion) and guess what? I can't find ANY of them, either by blind searching or with the Item-finder. Not sure if that's a bug or something, probably like the statues issue in the mansion, so I just wanted to note it here. Just in case, i didn't get any response with the Item Finder in version 1.20 either.

EDIT: Oh, I just wanted to add that I read you could get a porygon2 evolving porygon at level 25, however, the porygon you get at the game center is already at that level and further leveling up won't lead to evolution... Is the evolution working properly, as you should be allowed to delay evolution past the required level, or is it because of how i got it? I hope someone can clarify me that.. Great game so far btw, I haven't had so much fun in a while.

Oh, something i found out is that you can take low level pokemon to route 6 and use the VS Seeker with the last 3 trainers to level up quickly. Bug catcher Elijah is specially good since it has a Butterfree lvl 20 with paralysis, poison, and sleep spores and Supersonic.. hence, it will NEVER hurt your low level pokemon directly (you can always heal when needed), and you'll get 684 exp from him, which is very good, the others might need to use the switch out trick, but with exp share you can still get those pokemon 3/4 of the exp.

---

Edit2: I just went to battle against BuriedAlive and I got Oak's first battle tutorial which i assume it's not intended to happen, and after switching pokemons the sprite is missing unless you go to the party screen and get back to battle

I am aware that is not a glitch free version yet, so should I report these things through PM or something? I checked the official website and there wasn't a contact email or anything. Also I re-visited the Rocket hideout in Celadon city and I got second coins refill there, but that's probably because i'm playing a rom with 1.21 applied now.

---

Edit3: Agghh, I thought it was weird the first time i went through it! Following the guide i re-visited the Catacombs in 4-points isle, and the technological maze has NO pokemon, none! I even tried using Sweet Scent with an Oddish and got nothing.

wow thats alot... thanks...

the current 1.21, is not finished (thats y its not released here or on rhdn)

the missing items... that (is not my fault) is a glitch from nintendo... and I have no idea how to fix it... I have been lookign into it tho... in the rom these items are programmed in... but in play they are not there... and when I force the flag to be unset, they are still not there... i dont know whats going on with them...

as far as porygon... I dont know... I will look into it (thats a new one)[Aparently I realized you get porygon at 25 and made him evolve at 35... lemme know if you have any issues at 35... ill change the typo on the site thanks]

buried alive... I can fix that, thanks (that one is my fault)[fixed]

I actually found the no pokemon in the steel maze on my own playthrough and fixed it (supprised it wasnt reported before I got there, Im playing very slowly cause I have to make the players guide)

yeah, switching from 1.20 to 1.21 will make the coin case fill return... (it had to change flags)

thank you so much, thats alot of good info (decent descriptions of the issue, not just a, "this does not work")

[UPDATE]
I have updated the rar downloadable from my site... your welcome to get the new version which has all these glitches fixed (and several more)
I also updated a more current players guide (still not finished tho) but you can see where I am as far as my playthrough (glitch hunt)
you will want to delete your rom and replace it with th enew one (not your .sav) because they are named the same (also a reason y im not releasing till its finished)

~Completed Projects:

Last edited by LocksmithArmy; March 23rd, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
faku1810

That's great! I just downloaded the new version, and yeah, i know it's a work in progress, but i'm glad to see it slowly getting better and it's good if i can help someway or another, i just try to describe things as clearly as possible.

I used rare candy on porygon to do a quick check and it evolved just fine, so i'm now on my way to the catacombs before training it properly. Btw, I just remembered a glitch in 4-points isle where you could walk over two tiles of water just after you get there, and I saw you fixed it already. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen, but i got my mudkip there in my first visit

Also you literally CAN get stuck on a rock after catching Groudon if you jump on the upper ledges (actually, you can jump on any rock there, but can walk away after, only the upper ones get you stuck). I found that accidentally though, i don't think anyone would intentionally try to jump there, and you can always use Escape Rope anyways.

Edit: A quick question, when you're flying to Rock Tunnel, is it supposed to say 000 or OOO in the map? (not sure what it is, probably the first)..

Last edited by faku1810; March 23rd, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links