The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:00 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Or dear lord what if Lux meets Viking ;__;
Make it happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Aaah! Viking! I remember him from VR!! Hahaha, he brings back memories of him basically pulling Azure around because she thought he was an NPC. Kind of like Birdie and Fara now, but Azure was way more of an ass. d:
Haha, Fara isn't very innocent either...
hang on. Did you just type ass without getting it censored? Mod powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
I am working on a post, I swear I am!~~!
Nice one! The trainer you're following into Dark Cave, is that Fel? Because I think Lux (and Krissu lol but she's a NPC now) are there too.

Of course any trainer can reach route 45/46 now. Fel just happened to be the first one to really find it. In case he chooses to go out into the light xD Maybe he had another adventure planned in the darkness. In that case, any other RPer is allowed to make their player reach route 45/46 first ^^ It's not like there's an achievement or anything...

Hmm, achievements would maybe be a fun thing to have?

Btw, the next available profession is Angler and it'll be learned on the route south of Violet City. On the bridge with all the fisherman, if you remember Johto from the games :> Without the Angler skill, you won't be able to capture many cool water types. Maybe Anglers can capture advanced water types and trade them to others?

trust me, I am the Doctor !
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis

Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
flygonstorm

I improved my sign up and corrected spelling errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygonstorm View Post

Real Age: 15

Real Gender: male

Personality: James is a kind, fun, friendly person, yet has away beenrather mature. He has a very social nature, with many friends and acquaintance.He was on good terms with almost everyone he knew. But despite this James didnot always let his true intention be known, for he was very self-consciousness.Information about himself that could harm his image was always avoided. Hetrusts most people unless they have done something to change his mind. Jamescan hold a grudge for a long time which sometimes hurts him. He is smart butprocrastinates a lot. The procrastination was due to it seeming that everythinghad been done before. It also made him long for an adventure. He tends to playit safe and would investigate everything to make sure that he would not missany hidden treasure. James interests lie in science, fiction, and videogames.The videogames he played where manly turn-base and strategy. He had slowreactiontime and likes to think thing through first. He had a strange taste inmusic that covers a large range of genre. When James was a he would mutter tohimself.

History: James was born in California USA, but moved formost of hischildhood through the West Coast. At seven years old, his family moved for thelast time to Oakland which is right next to San Francisco. He wasthe youngestof three children. James’s father worked in retail, which is where he learnedhis people skills. The family was avid hikers. James has playedPokémon since hewas just a little boy. His first Pokémon game was Blue but he did not get goodat it until ruby. He continually played Pokémon for his childhood, but stopwatching it around diamond and pearl. One of his mostly played Pokémon gameswas Pokémon: Gale of Darkness which is where his avatar's name originates. Hedid well in his academic getting B in his few honors classes. He was able topersuade his parent to buy him the game as an advance birthday present.Extremely excited He set up his account and logged on thefirst day it wasopened.

Avatar Appearance: Avatar Appearance: Gale was designed to be the perfect James, or at least in appearance. Gale stood at five feet six inches, four more inches than James’s actual height. His weight was one hundred and twenty pounds which was more than James weight. The eye color was a light brown with a green tint. Like his hair, Gale’s hair was also a light brown. Because they did not have James’s natural hair style, Gale had a short, professional hair style.

For clothing he had chosen black jean, and a dark blue button up shirt. In contrast his shoes where a bright neon green. the only reason for that decision was the fact that they where runing shoes. He hoped that if he pressed the B button he could run faster. James also equipped Gale with a one strap backpack so he would not ruin the emersion.His backpack was a bright red, with small silver feathers for zippers. It had two large pocket and a small side pocket.
Starter Pokémon:
  • Makuhita
  • Lv 8
  • gender- male
  • ability- Thick Fat
  • move set Tackle/ Focus Energy/ Sand Attack/ Arm Thrust
Roleplay Sample: (I really don’t have one, I RPed on the Pokémonwebsitebefore. I have just found this site and am hoping I can join here is anexampleof how I would post)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started off like any other day; James got up late, almost left some homework, and wentto school. There was little talk about the new online game MAO, but James was thrilled about it. Each class seemed grew longer and longer as it got closer to the end of school. When he got home, James went to his room. “I do have a lot of homework but I’ll do that later, I won’t play to long.” He muttered to himself.

“Link start!” He yelled as he enters the game. He panted as it was the first time he used a nerve gear. When he opened his eyes he was speechless. The wind gentle caressed his face. The grass at his feet was green and fresh. As He walked around the town everything seemed real. the wood the trees and all the other people gave the town life. James smiled and made small talk to the NPC. He pinched himself to make sure he was notdreaming.”Ow,” James proclaimed. He thought it strange that one would feel pain in a video game, Pokémon none the less. The thought quickly left his mind just by the pure awe from the town.

After a while, he got tired of running around town, so James went to Professor Elm’s laboratory. Strangely instead of getting one on the three starter Pokémon he was given a Makuhita. James was puzzled by this until he came to the conclusion that it would be weird if everyone had one of three Pokémon in there team. He nick named the Makuhita Jitsu because of the Jujitsu classes he had taken in the past. After deciding that it was time to go do homework, James opened menu forthe first time. He tried navigating it but he could not find the log out button. He walked outside of the laboratory not worrying about anything.

James walked over to a circle of people. “Hey,” he said to the strangers. The strangers turned around some of them had serious faces while other looked like they were about to cry. James smile disappeared from his face. Hesitantly He asked “Do you know how to log out?” He already knew the answer by their faces.

One walk toward him and bluntly said, “There is no log out for this game.”

Last edited by flygonstorm; March 5th, 2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
firelordyago
The Sentinel

Nature: Modest
Red, Falkner has yet to be defeated, correct? And are you also able to double back through the cave once you get to Route 45/46?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
why can they go to that route? dark cave is one way until you have strength i believe.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Skymin
the knight

Nature: Quirky
Of course, it's up to Red for how closely this follows the game structure and environment and mapping and physics and what not. Who says that if there's a large rock in the way, couldn't one just climb over it?

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS ILL MISS YOU :'( / being human finale
my art blogi'll draw your character for $5!tumblr
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Fair enough just curious since its normally late game over there.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
TheRabid
A Random Survivor

Nature: Calm
I would love if you could reserve me a spot.

Name: Kevin Maple
Appearance: A young pirate with brown shaggy hair. Standing at 5'11 this dusty lad has served his time as sailor of the seas. Like he says a captain is nothing with out his loyal crew.
His Crew:

His first pokemon
Totodile- Calm nature
Bubble, Scratch, Bite, Rage

Hatched from an egg
Magby- Relaxed nature
Ember, Smog, Faint Attack, Fire Spin

Caught in the wild
Aipom- Jolly nature
Scratch, Tickle, Astonish, Tail whip
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
I improved my sign up and corrected spelling errors
Your appearance part is still really short. Don't just say that he looks like Steven, tell us what Gale really looks like :)

Also there are still a lot of inconsistencies regarding grammar and spelling. But that'll improve over time as long as you try your best to read through your texts an extra time before posting, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
Red, Falkner has yet to be defeated, correct? And are you also able to double back through the cave once you get to Route 45/46?
Yes. And yes. You cannot go north to Blackthorn though. There's still a limit to game mechanics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
why can they go to that route? dark cave is one way until you have strength i believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
Fair enough just curious since its normally late game over there.
That boulder you used to need STRENGTH for is simply gone in MAO. It wasn't meant to be like that, it's sort of a bug. But it'll be dangerous on Route 45/46 since the pokémon and trainers there are strong.

MAO's Johto will continue to be difficult to plan ahead in. Sorry ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabid View Post
I would love if you could reserve me a spot.

Name: Kevin Maple
Appearance: A young pirate with brown shaggy hair. Standing at 5'11 this dusty lad has served his time as sailor of the seas. Like he says a captain is nothing with out his loyal crew.
His Crew:

His first pokemon
Totodile- Calm nature
Bubble, Scratch, Bite, Rage

Hatched from an egg
Magby- Relaxed nature
Ember, Smog, Faint Attack, Fire Spin

Caught in the wild
Aipom- Jolly nature
Scratch, Tickle, Astonish, Tail whip
Unfortunately, I think we're full up on reservations now. Besides, you didn't really read the first post, I presume :> I hope you'll find another RP to your liking!

@ Retro, I'll post a reply to your situation later today! I hope.

Last edited by Doctor; March 4th, 2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Working on my post right now, and I'm dealing with a little bit of Geoff's morality in this one with another trainer. Hopefully it's interesting!

EDIT: aaaaaaand done

Last edited by Jake♫; March 5th, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM
firelordyago
The Sentinel

Nature: Modest
Just getting into the habit of Uni classes and sorting out internet for the flat. Should have another post up within the week.
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM
flygonstorm

Here is my updated apperence-

Avatar Appearance: Gale was designed to be the perfect James, or atleast in appearance. Gale stood at five feet six inches, four more inches thanJames’s actual height. His weight was one hundred and twenty pounds which wasmore than James weight. The eye color was a light brown with a green tint. Likehis hair, Gale’s hair was also a light brown. Because they did not have James’snatural hair style, Gale had a short, professional hair style.

For clothing he had chosen black jean, and a dark blue button up shirt. Incontrast his shoes where bright neon green. The only reason for that decisionwas the fact that they were running shoes. He hoped that if he pressed the Bbutton he could run faster. James also equipped Gale with a one strap backpack sohe would not ruin the emersion. His backpack was abright red, with small silver feathers for zippers. It had two large pocket anda small side pocket.
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
Here is my updated apperence-

Avatar Appearance: Gale was designed to be the perfect James, or atleast in appearance. Gale stood at five feet six inches, four more inches thanJames’s actual height. His weight was one hundred and twenty pounds which wasmore than James weight. The eye color was a light brown with a green tint. Likehis hair, Gale’s hair was also a light brown. Because they did not have James’snatural hair style, Gale had a short, professional hair style.

For clothing he had chosen black jean, and a dark blue button up shirt. Incontrast his shoes where bright neon green. The only reason for that decisionwas the fact that they were running shoes. He hoped that if he pressed the Bbutton he could run faster. James also equipped Gale with a one strap backpack sohe would not ruin the emersion. His backpack was abright red, with small silver feathers for zippers. It had two large pocket anda small side pocket.
Alright you are accepted! Feel free to begin posting in any of the open areas. You have to do the quests to get the pokédex/pokégear and the Old Rod. Just remember to keep your spelling as good as it was in this updated appearance ;)

Btw I feel like I have forgotten to update some captures. Could everyone please check the player list in the first IC post and see if there are pokémon that should be there but aren't?

Last edited by Doctor; March 6th, 2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Regarding missed captures, I caught a Hoothoot a post or two back!

Old March 6th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

@ Jake, good that you let me know! Adding.

Old March 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
Oh, Red, I meant to ask this earlier: how do senses and pain work? It'd aid me well in my next post.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

@ macho, I'm not 100% sure. I'm kind of brushing the topic of hunger and sleep in the post I'm typing atm. But I guess I was thinking kind of like it is in Sword Art Online, they don't really feel pain, just some kind of feeling when they get "hurt". A feeling of unpleasantness, perhaps? And if you get really really hurt to the point of where a human body shouldn't be able to take it, the feeling becomes unbearable.

Then again... players in pokémon games aren't usually able to get hurt at all, since pokémon do all the fighting. But it'll be more interesting in MAO if players can die in other ways than by whiting out, don't you think?

Old March 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

I definitely agree, I feel that it could add to the depth of the game as well as the number of possibilities.

Though, on a much smaller scale, would about the general sense of "touch"...well, actually, thinking about it now, I can probably assume how the developers of SAO did it. They created a what every texture would feel like to the player, so as to replicate a believable surreal world.

...Though I'm really thinking of it in a Matrix fashion, but I think that it probably works in similarly. Then again, this is just assumption :P
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

It's thrilling (and exhausting) to think about ^^

Also, we just had a discussion on skype and I think we decided on this, regarding battles and life and death.
  • You white out if all of the pokémon in your current team faint.
  • You can give away a pokémon, trade a pokémon or leave it in a PC or hand it in at a pokémon center and it will no longer be on your team. You can move around inside a pokémon center without dying even if your pokémon are being healed and are not on your team at the exact moment. Don't go outside though.
  • Players can steal other players pokémon. NPCs usually don't steal pokémon. You can usually not steal a NPC's pokémon. If your last pokémon is stolen, you die.
  • When battling another player, you can choose the number of pokémon to use. You don't have to use all on your team, which makes possible rather safe player vs player battles.
  • When battling NPCs, they have a set number of pokémon on their team and you both battle until theirs or your team is all fainted.

Old March 19th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Ok, uh. Is anyone still interested in this? I've been busy with exams and university stuff lately, that is an actual thing and reason. What are you guys doing? :3

Old March 19th, 2013, 08:36 AM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

I'm still interested its just I wrote myself into a bit of a corner.
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

What kind of a corner do you mean?

Old March 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Fuyu Send a message via Skype™ to Fuyu
I have a post started; just was having trouble finishing it. And had a science competition xD

Old March 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu View Post
I have a post started; just was having trouble finishing it.
This pretty much makes up my reason in a nutshell. I am interested, but that seems to be the case whenever I start making a post. I don't know why, but I'll try to get a post in this week.
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Maybe we should coordinate interaction a bit better. I will make sure to finish my joint post with Skymin and Retro Bug. Sandboxy RPs stay afloat with plots and stories woven together by the players and their actions and interactions. At least that's how I think it should be :3

But if life tugs you in other directions, it's difficult to keep your head in the game and think up adventures. That's my case atm. Durr.

Old March 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Skymin
the knight

Nature: Quirky
YES I AM STILL INTERESTED. Me and Retro Bug were waiting for a reply to the joint post?

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS ILL MISS YOU :'( / being human finale
my art blogi'll draw your character for $5!tumblr
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links