The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Forever
let it go

Level 1000 would be too high and nobody would bother and it'd ruin stuff :( But 150... would make more sense kinda? No real reason why but it seems even :x

And yes! Experience out of battles would be useful, kind of like that dude in Join Avenue who trained your mons...
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:22 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Just keep everything how it is currently, 100 is the cap, and experience is based on level difference, that's how I believe it should stay, there's no need to change it further.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Should it be easier, or harder to gain experience in X&Y?

It seems as though it was very easy to gain more experience in Generation V where we've got handed a Lucky Egg, and along with that, Audino in the wild shaking grass. Which, yeah, I can't complain about that, it's just, sometimes I wish it was harder to train pokemon, y'know? Having the satisfaction of training pokemon to fit the game's needs, it sort of adds to the challenge of completing a pokemon game, in which I do love that sort of "rush" from completing a certain challenge.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly I think that it was almost too easy in the beginning to level up, but the level curve quickly turned too difficult when there was no more wild grass that would allow for easy grinding of Audino with how B/W's experience system works. If there was a way they could adjust to make it a little more difficult in the beginning and just a little easier in the end I'd be pretty happy. The Lucky Egg made everything easier in general though =P
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Bold
I think it would be neat if Gamefreak did this:

1. Make it easy-ish to level up Pokemon. Not too easy, but relatively.
2. Make the pokemon that are going to be useful for the next big story part (be it gym leader or new area) have a difficult time leveling up against the current wild pokemon.

This would make the trainer make a decision. Take the easy and quick method of leveling up, but for your already owned pokemon, so you need overlevel, or you can take the harder method of training and get a type-advantage in the next area you travel through. This, I guess, could cater to both types of trainers. Those that want a lot of work for a great reward, or those who just want to work through the game with just a few pokemon that they picked up at the beginning (as I'm sure everyone at one point used their starter almost exclusively).

Then again, I don't really know what I'd want. I enjoyed the Audino / Lucky Egg combo in BW later in the game, but I definitely didn't abuse it early on. It's just when I got to the E4 and I wanted to, for once, have a full team of level 55 pokemon. I've never managed to get a full team to that point and I definitely enjoyed it, but if Audino / Lucky Egg didn't exists I wouldn't have even attempted that.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:30 PM
The_CGC

Nature: Bold
I like it just the way it is, And the level cap is just fine. IF they lowered it I would be sad, because i have a pokemon iv'e been transferring over since Fire red... At level 100. And if you have to know, Its a blastioise.
In a nutshell: CHANGE NOTHING IN THE MATTER OF LEVELS AND EXP GAINING!!!

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I wouldn't like to see the experience system made any more difficult than it needs to be or too complex for that matter. I thought Gen V introduced a great thing with level based experience and then awarding us the Lucky Egg midway through the game. It didn't necessarily seem easier, but for someone like me who likes grinding just a few levels higher, it did make it more fun and less tedious ─ not something I could say about GSC or HG/SS. So long as there is a well defined level curb throughout the game, then I think they can manage to maintain the difficulty level of gaining experience at an appropriate level for everyone.

As for the level cap, 100 has always seemed like the appropriate number. To stop it at LV. 80 or 90 would just be weird. You ask why it's worth it at all, well besides just the effort and satisfaction of training a Pokémon to go as far as it could go, when you take into account EV training, you can make that Pokémon become as strong as it has the potential to become. What's the biggest difference between a LV. 80 Pokémon and a LV. 100? The difference is in the stats.

Not to mention, to change the cap of the level system would mean having to adjust what levels Pokémon learn certain moves. The difficulty of gaining experience would also have to be increased so the player is not to reach that cap too easily or too quickly.

At the end of the day, I don't see why they'd need to raise or lower the level cap, and I don't see them doing either one of them anytime soon.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
What's the biggest difference between a LV. 80 Pokémon and a LV. 100? The difference is in the stats.

Not to mention, to change the cap of the level system would mean having to adjust what levels Pokémon learn certain moves. The difficulty of gaining experience would also have to be increased so the player is not to reach that cap too easily or too quickly.
I would argue that there's hardly much difference in stats at all. When you really get to the specifics, you'll know what kind of stats you're going to get at Lv 100 when you're level 50 anyway, especially when you're EV training. If a specific stat that you're EV training for is 180-200 by the time you reach level 50, it's safe to say that by level 100, that stat is either going to be around 340+. You'll already know that you're in good standing then.

I suppose what I'm saying is that, yeah, you raise a point by saying that the levels in which Pokemon would learn certain moves would have to be changed, but is that really such an alarming thing in the end? I would believe that shifting around what Pokemon can learn what usually happens every generation/every other generation anyway, or maybe it's just me. :( I don't see it getting any harder if it was reduced to 80 for that matter, only slightly easier, but I do see where you're coming from.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links