The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old March 19th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Royal
Artist and Writer

Nature: Naughty
Finally back after a long time away due to classes and personal issues.

For the past few weeks I've been working on a hack that will contain 152 Fakemon. This hack will only contain Fakemon, but I'm actually trying to appeal to a lot of people with the story, the graphics, and the Fakemon of course. For now I have several of the Fakemon sprites below, and I'd love opinions on their quality, and if you'd like to play this hack (when more information is released of course).

Here are two of the three starters, the Grass and Fire starters.

And here are some of the Fakemon you can find throughout the game (only first forms)

Thank you for your opinions in advantage. And my apologies if this isn't in the right section, I'm not quite caught up again yet.

And also, a quick note - these Fakemon are only for private use, so please do not ask to use them.

Currently working on a hack. More information will be released when available.

Note: My apologies, but I am not available to work on any hacks other than the ones I'm currently working on.

Last edited by Royal; March 19th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
So I think that I can stumble here. So what?

Yup, so you came here for criticism for your sprite work correct?

I'll start with the starters. (Note that I'm telling ways to improve your work)

The grass starter is great. It's cool, nice and cute. But its size is to be shortened out, not the body, but the whole thing, because when I play your hack I wouldn't want to see starters with high resolutions. The fire starter is not only too big in size, but also in structure, because it looks like a second evolution.

As for the Fakemon... well... some of them don't look like first forms, and some of them are still oversized. The outlining is jagged, and also you could use a nice selection of colours and fix a little inconsistent shading.

Look to see more!

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Royal
Artist and Writer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
So I think that I can stumble here. So what?

Yup, so you came here for criticism for your sprite work correct?

I'll start with the starters. (Note that I'm telling ways to improve your work)

The grass starter is great. It's cool, nice and cute. But its size is to be shortened out, not the body, but the whole thing, because when I play your hack I wouldn't want to see starters with high resolutions. The fire starter is not only too big in size, but also in structure, because it looks like a second evolution.

As for the Fakemon... well... some of them don't look like first forms, and some of them are still oversized. The outlining is jagged, and also you could use a nice selection of colours and fix a little inconsistent shading.

Look to see more!
Oversized...? I'm not sure what you mean by this?

A bunch of these went through a few revisions from smaller versions, but if they are made any smaller, details on them disappear and they look rather horrendous. But that's just what I found.

Currently working on a hack. More information will be released when available.

Note: My apologies, but I am not available to work on any hacks other than the ones I'm currently working on.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links