The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Old March 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM
PresentPastFuture
Unhatched Egg

Yeah, this looks great! I will have my sign-up posted ASAP. BTW, will I be far behind everyone if I start in Route 2? Or should I just begin where everyone else is now?
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:18 PM
<Challenger>
Live with the flow, baby!

Nature: Jolly
Alrighty guys...I'm not gonna lie. I missed you all. Especially you Red. I love you! Could I come back, pwetty pwease with a chewwy on top?

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresentPastFuture View Post
Yeah, this looks great! I will have my sign-up posted ASAP. BTW, will I be far behind everyone if I start in Route 2? Or should I just begin where everyone else is now?
You could start in Route 2 if you want, but make sure to catch up before too long ;) In that case, your starter will be at lvl 10 and your only pokémon until you capture more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Alrighty guys...I'm not gonna lie. I missed you all. Especially you Red. I love you! Could I come back, pwetty pwease with a chewwy on top?
Naw, missed you too! Of course you can come back. Do you want to use your old SU? Unfortunately you'll have to pick another trainer since Kanto Male is being used by Jake atm.

trust me, I am the Doctor !
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis

Old March 20th, 2013, 12:35 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I heard there was room in this RP? If there is I might join although I admit I may not be able to with the current load I have...

Just wanted to let you know just in case because I have been eager to take part in one of your RPs.
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I heard there was room in this RP? If there is I might join although I admit I may not be able to with the current load I have...

Just wanted to let you know just in case because I have been eager to take part in one of your RPs.
I'd be happy to have you on echo!

Maybe you could think of it like this. Go about your days with your other RPs as usual and just half-schedule a day when you make one post in this RP. One post a week. That is not much, if you free yourself from the burden of thinking of echo like a RP where you have to reply every other day or more often to not leave anyone hanging. Since interaction is optional in this RP, it's suitable for busy people to join and post when they have time. Which could be once a week or so :3

Does anyone want to reserve specific trainers or starter pokémon, just let me know.

EDIT: Also, if anyone (when you begin posting IC) wants a banner to put at the top like many of the other players do, just let me know what color you'd like (from http://www.colorpicker.com/) and I can give you the code :3

Last edited by Doctor; March 20th, 2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:26 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Can I please reserve the BW male with Marshtomp (Because I feel like being a bit different). I'll work on an SU, can I start in the current chapter? What wilds can I have?

Edit: But again, I'm not promising I can handle the load, I'm just willing to try.
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Reserved with BW male and Marshtomp, gimmepie. Go at your own pace. Hope to see your SU up soon, then.

You can start in the current chapter and a couple of caught pokémon would be alright. I gave myself and Jake a lvl 18 starter and a lvl 14 other pokémon when we only had two pokémon and if you'd want yet another pokémon I think I'd lower your starter's level and the third pokémon could be on lvl 13.

Unless you want lower levels than that, of course ^^

Old March 20th, 2013, 07:14 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

@ Red's - Well, to be completely honest, I'm a hard worker but when it comes to things like this I'm the polar opposite (possibly the laziest person on Earth) so I'll probably go with the level 18 Starter and level 14 other pokemon (I think I saw Heracross as an option?)

Also just a warning, I'm probably going to be far from able to post Xlugon length posts.
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Don't worry, we're all far from Xlugonlength ;D I wish I had patience and inspiration to write that much though. Well, maybe not quite that much. But more :3

Old March 20th, 2013, 07:49 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Is this okay so far (I wrote for the team not just a starter).

Name: Corvin White

Age: 15 (Is it possible to have him as on the later edge of 15, I know it is kind of odd but I get weird about playing younger characters).

Trainer: B/W Male

Team:
Marshtomp
Male
Lv 18
Torrent
Tackle, Growl, Mudslap, Water Gun, Ice Punch

Heracross
Male
Lv 14
Guts
Night Slash, Horn Attack, Leer, Fury Attack, Arial Ace

Personality: Corvin is the kind of person that could be taken in a lot of different ways depending on what you yourself are like. His primary character trait is that he is a very hard worker and has a tendency to expect others to push themselves as much as he does, which few people actually do, and he tends to view those he regards as slackers with distaste (to put it mildly). He is the sort of person who pushes himself and his team mates hard always looking to achieve higher goals and is somewhat of a perfectionist, always trying to fix flaws in his battling style. This hard working, perfectionist attitude can cause him to not just be hard on others but also on himself.

Despite what could be described as a fairly intense attitude towards life he is usually not a cruel or disrespectful person and treats his pokemon with care and respect, they are not just tools they are his companions and his team mates. He may not have the same gushy relationship with them that many trainers do with their pokemon but through the hard work that goes into Corvin’s training he forms an unshakable bond with his partners fairly quickly.

His attitude towards people and other pokemon is fairly similar, although there certainly are differences. He will treat you with respect upon first meeting you but if he believes you to be disrespectful, arrogant or especially if he believes you to be lazy this respect will quickly turn into malice, and he is not a person whose bad side you want to be on. If he doesn't like you he is fully prepared to go out of his way to make your life a living hell. He may not be a terrible person, but to call him a saint would be a massive overstatement.

Corvin may not be a genius but he is quite smart and excels in anything battling related. He is skilled at thinking on his feet and having grown up in a family of breeders he has learned a thing or two about analylisng his opponent’s pokemon. Despite his obvious strengths Corvin’s determination and confidence can sometimes be as much of a hindrance as it is an asset. He can become too caught up in the moment or too emotionally invested in his battles and this will sometimes cloud his judgement.

A summary of Corvin would be to simply say that he is a determined and hard working young trainer with a lot of potential but he still has a lot of growing up to do.

Sample:
Spoiler:
Corvin walked into Viridian City’s pokemon centre a large enough building but with a fairly meagre reputation when compared with nearby Pallet Towns own base for anything scientific, Oak's lab, which was a fair bit smaller but was also the workplace of world-renowned Professor Oak who, unlike Viridian’s Professor Pine, was very well known by trainers and non-trainers alike throughout the world. It was just barely light outside, Corvin wanted to get going as soon as he could and his family, who were breeders, wanted to inspect his chosen starter.

“Hello?” Corvin called out. The pokemon centre was well lit but the professor nor the nurse or Pine's assistants were in sight. He assumed that anyone who was there was likely in a back room and decided to wait a while longer. Corvin was left waiting for several minuted before the young woman walked out of a door set in the back of the main room.

“Oh? You must be Corvin” she yawned audibly “I’m professor pine, it is nice to meet you. Even at this ungodly hour”. Ignoring the fact that nearly seven o’clock in the morning was far from an ungodly hour Corvin responded to the professor
“Thank you for seeing me this early Professor. I wouldn’t have bothered you at this time but I’d like to reach Pewter in the next couple of days and Viridian Forest isn’t exactly a small patch of shrubbery to walk through”.
“It certainly isn’t” she replied to Corvin, who was eager to get his first pokemon.

Professor Pine led Corvin to a small side room containing a strange scientific device, within which several pokeballs sat. It seemed a screen would display what was within the ball when prompted. Corvin cycled through the options, assessing the choices available to him.
Quilava? It’s powerful and fast, but it isn’t going take hits well. Especially from the first two gyms I’ll be travelling to... Bayleef? It was a fairly stocky and well-rounded pokemon he guessed but it didn’t really sit well with him. Dewott? He could handle a Dewott, they were some tough pokemon. As Corvin reached down to pick up Dewott’s ball he brushed a ball he had accidentally missed cycling through, prompting the screen to display the entrapped pokemon’s information. It was another water-type, a Marshtomp. Corvis looked it over and considered it
Radar fins, sturdy body, excellent typing with only one weakness and an egg move that covers it? Perfect.

“I’ll take the Marshtomp please”. It was that sentence that was about to change his life forever and he knew it, in fact he embraced the change.

No more than twenty minutes later he was at his house again, a rather small place on the outskirts of the large city to accommodate the large backyard his parents sometimes needed for their work as breeders, a job he had learned a lot about but had never really become interested in. His parents were primarily consultants rather than actual breeders, although they did breed occasionally. Through their work they had even worked with Professor Pine and Professor Oak. They had been rather disappointed that Oak hadn’t had anything available for Corvin, but Corvin was happy to start with one of Pine's starter options and was very pleased with his choice of a starter.

Opening the door Corvin walked in and was immediately greeted by ecstatic greeting from his family, many of whom had gathered to see him off on his journey.
“Let’s see what you have chosen” prodded his father
“Sure” responded the experience breeder’s son “Royal, come on out”. He had named his pokemon earlier on at the pokemon centre, Royal had seemed a fitting name for the pokemon.
“Marshtomp!” The pokemon stood a bit taller than Corvin’s hip, and had a ridiculous grin permanently attached to its face, but Corvin could tell he was fighter.
“Not bad” his father complimented, looking over the dual water/ground-type
“Only one weakness, in excellent shape. I’m suitably impressed, is this one of ours?” that had been his mother, a bit of a ditz but a very intelligent and talented woman.
“Nope, we haven’t had anything from Hoenn for months” his father replied still eyeing Royal intently. That continued on for another half-hour as Corvis was plied with question after question until finally, after a rather emotional farewell from his parents, sister... and about twelve or thirteen other relatives each more obscure than the last, many whom Corvis didn’t even recognise he was finally out the door and on route two, ready for his adventure to begin.

Last edited by gimmepie; March 22nd, 2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
Admittedly I've been posting less frequently due to the fewer posts lately. I don't want to get too far ahead of everyone else.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
Is this okay so far (I wrote for the team not just a starter).

Name: Corvin White

Age: 15 (Is it possible to have him as on the later edge of 15, I know it is kind of odd but I get weird about playing younger characters).

Trainer: B/W Male

Team:
Marshtomp
Male
Lv 18
Torrent
Tackle, Growl, Mudslap, Water Gun, Ice Punch

Heracross
Male
Lv 14
Night Slash, Horn Attack, Leer, Fury Attack, Arial Ace

Personality: (Pending, will be a fairly intense dude I’m thinking).

Sample: (Pending)
Looks fine to me so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
Admittedly I've been posting less frequently due to the fewer posts lately. I don't want to get too far ahead of everyone else.
I can understand that, especially considering Vuowth's level ^^ But feel free to challenge the gym when you feel like it :) Since most of the new characters start off in Pewter City, we are all mostly in the same place.

Old March 20th, 2013, 02:05 PM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

Um, i'd like to join. I saw on the discussion thread that if I want to enter in the current events i get a few additional pokemon? how many and what level am i allowed?

Old March 20th, 2013, 04:19 PM
<Challenger>

Could I please use my old SU with the Black 2 male, and Dewott instead of Ivysaur?

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:02 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Just have to write my sample now.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:13 AM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

Spoiler:
Name: Topaz
Trainer: Male Hoenn
Team:
Snivey (Lv 18)
Female
Tackle
Leer
Wrap Normal
Growth
Leaf Tornado
(+Iron Tail)

Swablu (Lv. 14)
male
Peck
Growl
Astonish
Sing
Fury Attack
Safeguard

Personality:
Spoiler:
Topaz is a pure boy, never once thinking that anything could be wrong or false. He often gets duped by bad guys and can easily be tricked on occasion. It is also a good thing that he is horrible with money since if he ever had enough, he would buy twelve Magikarps just to set them free afterwards. Topaz is NOT an idiot though and instead, he just decides to look at things from an angle most people would never choose to. He sees things from the most logical and smartest way and never understands that people don't always choose that way. Also, unlike most people, Topaz loves hard labor, believing that it builds character, and so he has a well built frame for a child his age. He loves candy though and will often be bought with the stuff, or else he will get guilted instead. He has a deep loyalty to the woods and to Pokemon and can communicate with them.

Since Topaz was a child, he's been living among the Pokemon, with only Proffessor Root being his own human connection. He was discovered by him when he was five, where he was being raised by the Pokemon and Root was surprised to see just how well the Pokemon actually were raising the human child. As Topaz grew older, Root came more frequently, but tried to integrate more variants of Human interaction by sending assistants in his place. It worked, but often these visits were more often short lived since they would get scared off by the Pokemon a lot. Root tried to explain about human character, but he was sadly raised much more often by the Pokemon, rather than by humans, meaning that he saw things as a Pokemon saw them. Blindly believing anything he heard, following anyone he believed to be in charge at the time, etc.

As Topaz reached his pre-adolescence years, he began to feel more and more human traits that he couldn't understand. He got angry and could control it as easily, he became attracted to female humans more often than female pokemon (Yes this has happened, why do you think Sabrina can use Psychic?). As he discussed these problems with both Prof. Root and his family, they explained that if he wanted to understand his emotions that were most human, he needs to learn how other humans handle these very same emotions. To do this, Root suggested to Topaz that he take the Pokemon Journey that all trainers his age do and learn about the human world that he has never gotten a real chance to interact with. But since Root was not actually the one hosting this journey, he took Topaz to Veridian City to meet with Proffessor Pine to get his License and his Pokedex an his Starter Pokemon.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:
Topaz swung from vine to branch to landing on a rock to crawling over to the soft grass of the meeting spot of the great Pokemon. there were so many Pokemon there to see him off, from the ever present and pleasant Grass types to the often confrontational fire types, to the neutral Water types as well. Above him sat a large rock and on top of this rock stood a Butterfree, aged with many eyes and many views of the subject. He knew of what Topaz was going to declare as he saw it being discussed among the humans already.

"Topaz. This name was given to you by the one who calls himself Pine. But to use Pokemon, names do not exist. We call ourselves only by the names of our species. All else exists in the air, and in our fur and in our mouths. To us, you are the Human, just as the human who calls himself pine is. But you are different. You are like a Meowth, becoming human to be with humans. You were born Human, but raised as a Pokemon. And you are planning to go to the humans. To learn their ways. Are you not?"

"Forgive me Butterfree. I do not mean to-"

"Do not fear my young one. We do not hold you in contempt for your actions. Rather, we encourage them. The closer we Pokemon become with humans, the closer our views are heard. the humans are strong, that is correct, and by serving the Humans, we learn their strengths. We bring this strength to our children. To our grandchildren. To you. And you will bring this strength back to the humans, and show them what they have taught us."

"Of course, Butterfree."

"To guard you, Swablu shall follow you and protect you. He shall stand at your beck and call and make sure no harm comes to you."

"I do not need such-"

"It is the humans' way to have a Pokemon serve and protect a human, and if you are to enter their world, you must follow the example the same."

And so it was done. Swablu, one of the many Swablu that had come to see Topaz off, came out and bowed to Topaz. The two could not stay long though, as Topaz had to meet with Prof. Pine soon enough, so they made their way to the lab. The Swablu stood outside, guarding the door as Topaz came in, looking for Pine. He had to remember to use human speech for when in the presence of Humans, as it made it easier for both to understand each other.

"Pine?" He called, looking through the lab, hoping for there to be a sent he could follow. And sure enough, a scent did lead him upstairs, where Pine was working "Pine?"

Prof. Root turned to see Topaz sitting there, squatting in his new clothes that Pine had given to him the day before. Though it had only been a day, the knees were already worn down and the shirt was already muddy. Strangely, the hat he had been given was clean, as was his pouch that the Professor had given to him.

"Remember Topaz. You are to address me as PROFESSOR Pine when in the human world. In this world, titles mean everything. A Mister should not be confused with a Miss. A sister is not the same as a Mother, nor is she the same as a girlfriend."

"Understood Professor Pine." Topaz was interested in know just what this girlfriend title entailed, as it felt weird. It sounded like it was just a combination of the title friend, another, more commonly, used form of companion. and Girl, a title used to refer to a young or age neutral female of humans. Why was there a need to combine the labels when both seem entirely unnecessary.

After their talk, Proffessor Root gave him a ride down to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City, where Proffessor Pine was waiting for both of them. When they got in, the two Proffessor shoot hands and Root pointed to Topaz, suggesting that he was explaining who Topaz was. "Such a strange request, Root. Just last week you said that it was ridiculous to send children out to gather information on Pokemon. But here you are, offering up your own child to partake in this."

"Yeah, well don't go doing the I-told-you-so dance in front of the kid. Just give him the speech."

So Root turned to Topaz and began to give him his speech. "NOW! I do believe that today, we are going to send you off on your trip to the Land of Poke- er, the Land of Humans. Sorry, I give this speech a lot. As is custom on this day, I give a trainer a rare but useful Pokemon to protect them on their quest for knowledge and experience. So please, chose one so that we can get the rest underway."

Going over to the table were hundreds of Pokeballs stood, each had a label and a picture with stats on it. Topaz took one containing a Servine and opened it.

"Hello human, I hope that you shall be more hospitable than my last hu-"

"PROFESSORS! There was a Servine in this tiny ball. How could you keep a Pokemon trapped in such a cruel way?"

Root decided that he was the one to explain this. "Easy boy. These are Pokeballs. I've explained them to you before. They are high tech gadgets we humans use to capture and contain various Pokemon. Each ball can only hold one Pokemon at a time.You must have your Pokemon registered inside a Pokeball for it to be registered by the Pokemon Organization. Do you understand? Good. Now, do you want to choose Servine, or another Pokemon instead?"

"I'll stick with this Servine, Professor."

Root then left the rest for Pine to finish. "Good! Now that that is out of the way, we can get over to the rest of the stuff that you need to do to get ready for this."

As Pine began to explain how to register for a Pokemon Trainer License, the hours taking a while until Topaz left the center, Swablu gently sitting on his head, the two of them heading out to reach Pewter City as fast as either of them could make it.

Last edited by deathbymanga; March 22nd, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:44 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Okay, my SU is complete. :D
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Could I please use my old SU with the Black 2 male, and Dewott instead of Ivysaur?
Yes, you may! Do you want more pokémon from the previous routes, if you start in chapter 3?
Please state what Egg Move you'd like for Dewott, and what other pokémon you want (if any). The more pokémon, the lower levels, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbymanga View Post
[SPOILER]
Tropius (Lv. 14)
male
Lear
Gust
Growth
Razor Leaf

As Topaz reached his pre-adolescence years, he began to feel more and more human traits that he couldn't understand. He got angry and could control it as easily, he became attracted to female humans more often than female pokemon (Yes this has happened, why do you think Sabrina can use Psychic?). As he discussed these problems with both Prof. Pine and his family, they explained that if he wanted to understand his emotions that were most human, he needs to learn how other humans handle these very same emotions. To do this, Pine suggested to Topaz that he take the Pokemon Journey that all trainers his age do and learn about the human world that he has never gotten a real chance to interact with. Since he would most likely get lost on his way, Prof. Pine decided to take Topaz for a lift in his car to take him to Pewter City, that way he wouldn't get lost or sidetracted in the maze of a forest located before Pewter City.
Ok, you may have Servine and Iron tail, but Tropius was not in any of the previous chapters so you cannot have that.
Please look at the posts for chapter 1 and chapter 2 (can be found in the first post of the IC thread) and see if you want to have caught any of the pokémon there when you start in Pewter City.

Also, I like that you want to make a character that is different from most, having grown up with pokémon and being able to speak with them. That is ok! But I hope that you will reveal his history eventually in the RP :)

However, that last paragraph in the Personality section is very confusing to me. What does the fact that Sabrina can use Psychic have to do with Topaz liking female humans? :s

I would like you to change professor Pine into a character of your own creation, since I have other plans for professor Pine's history.

Also, if you want to start playing in Pewter City but having your character skipping the previous chapters completely, your levels will not be elevated when you begin. You will only have your starter and it will be on lvl 10. So maybe you would rather want to just do like the other new players and pretend to already have gone through Route 2 and Viridian Forest?

I mean, why would he get lost there... he is used to living in the woods and can communicate with pokémon, right? :s

Also, your RP sample did not contain what the instructions said for it to contain. Please read the SU template over again (found in the first post of the OOC) and try to realize what you got wrong. Also, change the part about Pine having been part of Topaz' history like that. Thank you :3

Quote:
Okay, my SU is complete. :D
Looks great, except for one detail. The same one that several people have missed in their RP samples.

I'm actually surprised people read the instructions so hastily xD Please edit this and you will be accepted very soon.

Last edited by Doctor; March 21st, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM
<Challenger>

That sounds good.

I'll have a Scyther.

Dewott's egg move will be Night Slash.

Old March 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Just like me then :p Ok, Dewott will be at lvl 18 with moves:
Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport, Focus Energy, Night Slash - and you can choose to forget one of these moves to make it learn Razor Shell.

Scyther will be at lvl 14, and for its moveset you can see Arabelle's Scyther in the first post of the IC. I don't have time to edit the OP right now.

You are accepted and cleared to start posting at your leisure, heretostay123 :3

Old March 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
PresentPastFuture
Unhatched Egg

Hope my first SU ever is okay enough! XD

Name: Jack Freeman

Trainer: Johto Male

Starter: Quilava (Egg Move – Flare Blitz)
(I am going to skip to Pewter City, this will be my team)

Quilava – Level 18
Ember/Tackle/Flareblitz/Quick Attack/Smokescreen

Pidgeotto – Level 14
Tackle/Sand-Attack/Gust/Whirlwind

Personality:
Spoiler:
Jack is what most people tend to call – bipolar. He doesn’t actually have bipolar syndrome, or any other mental issue for that matter. He is just extremely quick to anger but is very quick to excitement. Moody is the word that pretty much sums him all up. Anyway, on the battlefield, Jack shows no mercy. Stories say that back in Celadon City (his hometown) he ruthlessly defeated everyone in his class, even his Pokémon instructors. His strategy is all-out attack, which means that while he is powerful, he isn’t the best strategist. Anyone who has a clever plan can easily defeat him. He tends to put himself and everyone around him into uncomfortable situations mainly because of his lack of common sense.

Due to his lack of common-knowledge, Jack is virtually fearless. He thrives off of dangerous stunts i.e. “parkouring’ on top of small buildings in the city.. Although, Jack isn’t necessarily a “people” person, he is a gifted trainer. His Pokémon respect him, they follow his commands and trust him through everything. Jack is a lot kinder to his Pokémon than he is to people. He would never put his Pokémon into harm’s way. One more notable trait that jack has is his overwhelming confidence, and high self-esteem.

Jack didn’t have much friends in Celadon City, besides a stray Meowth that roamed the streets. His family was rather dysfunctional. His mother and father were divorced and his father was a heavy smoker. Not to mention, Jack was considered a delinquent in his school, due to the catastrophic accidents that he would cause due to his stupidity.
Overall, Jack is troubled, competitive, quick to anger, and lacks common-sense, but is very kind to his Pokémon.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:

The putrid stench of cigarette smoke was the only smell that lurked on the long and uneventful car ride to Viridian City. Jack looked down at his sneakers, which were caked with dirt (and a little bit of blood.) The only thing that echoed in his mind was the anticipation of starting his journey. His heart beat faster and faster as they got closer to “The Eternally Green Paradise.” Jack had packed his backpack the night before and filled it with his essentials: 1000 pokedollars, a novelty gym-badge case, three potions, and two pokeballs.

The car ride was quiet and uneventful until Jack’s father rode over a deep pothole.

“Godammit! Do they even think about maintaining the highways?” Jack’s father wondered aloud, “Stupid, no good, corrupt politicians…” His booming, raspy voice slowly drifted into an angry mumble when he realized that Jack was staring at him.

“Is there something wrong, Dad?” Jack asked, “Ever since I told you that I was doing this you have been extra – err- angry…”

Jack’s father took a loud sigh and pulled his cigarette out of his mouth. A dusty poof of smoke arose from the tip of his lip. The strong smell crept into Jack’s nose and into his throat, like a clumsy ninja, it scratched its blade along the sensitive wall of his throat. Suddenly, a loud, obnoxious cough was let out and Jack’s father looked at him disapprovingly.

“Look kid, you are all I got now that your mother is gone. I can’t afford to lose you now too. I just want you to stay safe out there. Don’t go pulling that stupid crap that you did at school,” A small grin spread across his face, “make me proud, kid.”

The Pokémon center at Celadon City seemed much bigger than this one, yet it didn’t seem as noble. Jack waved a final goodbye to his father and gingerly stepped out of the car. His heart became a drum, beating forcefully; it felt as if it were going to burst through his chest. His legs felt like wet-noodles as they took slow and careful steps towards the new life that awaited him as soon as he pulled that door open. He grabbed the handle and tried to swing the door open- except it didn’t open. Was it locked, no it can’ be, there is no way that the Pokémon center is closed! He used all of his might to pull the door open once more, it didn’t budge.

“Excuse me, sir,” a little girl squeaked from behind him.

Jack stepped aside, and the little girl pushed the door open with ease. He felt his cheeks begin to glow red as he stepped inside anxiously. There she was, Proffesor Pine, standing next to a desk full of pokeballs, and his future.

“Push, not pull…nice try, Jack…” the woman said with a subtle grin.
Great first impression, Jack thought sarcastically as he shook the professor’s firm hand.

“So, where’s my Pokémon? Is it a Charizard, or a Dragonite?!” Jack said with eagerness, “or how about a SNORLAX?”

Pine smiled, “Hahaha, we only have a few select Pokémon here. However, you can find yourself a Snorlax in the wild, if you want.”

“Ugh, fine…where are they? I want a Pokémon!” Jack squealed.

“Right here, be careful with your choice, young man. You cannot switch it later.”
Pine escorted Jack to a table with a large quantity of pokeballs. Several pokeballs were gone, and immediately anger filled Jack. How could he miss out on those other Pokémon? In self-pity he grabbed the first Pokéball that he saw, without realizing which one it was. He stormed into an armchair and folded his arms, waiting for Pine to give him more free stuff. All of the good Pokémon are gone, I might as well just take any at this point.

Pine sensed his anger, but made no comment about it. She simply chuckled aloud, Jack looked at her fiercely, but Pine was unscathed by his mere disrespectfulness.

“Anyway, here is your PokeDex, and your Pokémon Trainer License. I have registered you in the Indigo League, and I have programmed your PokeDex. Just make sure to be careful with it, there isn’t a warranty!” Pine exclaimed as he handed Jack the high-tech, red piece of technology and the Trainer License. Jack tossed the Card into his backpack and flipped open the PokeDex. Its complex buttons and lights surprised Jack, he hadn’t owned anything this cool since his Gameboy Color.

“Thanks Professor Pine, I really appreciate it!” Jack cheerfully exclaimed.

“Uhm…no problem!” Pine was confused, this boy, who was just acting cruel and bratty is now being grateful and charming, “Just remember to contact me if you have any questions!"

And with that, Jack was off. He placed his PokeDex into his pocket, and sprinted out the door. He was ready to begin his journey and to complete his self-proclaimed destiny to be one of the greatest trainers of all time. The sun’s bright light gazed down into his eyes. The birds were chirping, the city was alive and energetic. It couldn’t have been a better day to start an adventure.

He released his Pokémon, a peculiar-looking Pokémon with flames along its back. It was an awkward and bashful little guy, but it didn’t affect Jack’s immediate love for it at all. Jack flipped out his PokeDex once again, the voice boomed.

“Quilava! The volcano Pokémon…”

“A volcano Pokémon, that is so badass! I’m going to call you Vulcan! Would you like that, little guy?” Jack said as he pet the top of Vulcan’s head. Vulcan squeaked in enjoyment and began to give in to Jack’s affection.

Jack, the next Pokémon master, has begun his journey…

Last edited by PresentPastFuture; March 23rd, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM
<Challenger>

Alright. Awesome. He'll forget Tail Whip, and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to make my first post. I have a thing to go to within half an hour, and I don't have time to make a big-A post.

Old March 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Ok, you may have Servine and Iron tail, but Tropius was not in any of the previous chapters so you cannot have that.
Please look at the posts for chapter 1 and chapter 2 (can be found in the first post of the IC thread) and see if you want to have caught any of the pokémon there when you start in Pewter City.
Ok, will a Swablu be acceptable instead?

Quote:
Also, I like that you want to make a character that is different from most, having grown up with pokémon and being able to speak with them. That is ok! But I hope that you will reveal his history eventually in the RP
I don't understand what you mean. When was it listed as a secret that he was a wild child? He doesn't have any history aside from being a child raised by Pokemon. And it isn't like he was told to hide this fact from anyone or not.

Quote:
However, that last paragraph in the Personality section is very confusing to me. What does the fact that Sabrina can use Psychic have to do with Topaz liking female humans? :s
No, I said he liked female humans and female Pokemons. I'm implying that Pokemon can breed with humans, and that the reason Sabrina can use Psychic is that someone down her bloodline, someone did it with a psychic type pokemon.

Quote:
I would like you to change professor Pine into a character of your own creation, since I have other plans for professor Pine's history.
I only did Pine because I saw that he was being used in other SUs as i looked around. Can I make it instead that the guy who takes care of Topaz is a rival Prof. who wants to show Pine up by having his own Trainer be the best before any of the others?

Quote:
Also, if you want to start playing in Pewter City but having your character skipping the previous chapters completely, your levels will not be elevated when you begin. You will only have your starter and it will be on lvl 10. So maybe you would rather want to just do like the other new players and pretend to already have gone through Route 2 and Viridian Forest?

I mean, why would he get lost there... he is used to living in the woods and can communicate with pokémon, right? :s
I only did the travel bit cause I was afraid I would have to write about all the moments between Topz getting his Pokedex and getting to Pewter. I can fix that easily.

Quote:
Also, your RP sample did not contain what the instructions said for it to contain. Please read the SU template over again (found in the first post of the OOC) and try to realize what you got wrong. Also, change the part about Pine having been part of Topaz' history like that. Thank you :3
I don't see anything wrong with my RP sample besides the Pine and the car ride. Could you be more specific about my problems?

[/quote]

Old March 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

@ Red's - I'm probably being dense here but after reading through the OP (twice) I'm still completely at a lost for what I missed.
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:58 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
For people wondering what they missed, I'm assuming it's that Professor Pine is in the Pokémon Center of Viridian City, not in some lab there =x

Also I'll have a post up by Sunday at the VERY latest (busy weekend, hopefully I'll have it up before then) giving some character development since I'm starting late in the game!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links