The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Glazed 2 be a ROM Hack or RPG Maker Game?
ROM Hack 203 63.64%
RPG Maker Game 40 12.54%
Don't care, as long as it's great! 76 23.82%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2013, 08:11 PM
mikethepokemaster

Nature: Jolly
thanks for fixing the bug and can't wait until you finish the hack.
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Luna3415

Thx for the update :D
Question: what kind of save type do you use? Because my save game always gets corrupted or damaged. So I have to work with save-states.
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM
TotallyShweetAwesome
The Awesome

Hey, i was just wondering how i patch over the same game if say i had glazed beta 1 and i wanted to patch beta 2 but not lose my saves, how do i go about this? and i was wondering if i was able to do a let's play on this game just for a bit of fun?

Last edited by TotallyShweetAwesome; February 9th, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:05 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyShweetAwesome View Post
Hey, i was just wondering how i patch over the same game if say i had glazed beta 1 and i wanted to patch beta 2 but not lose my saves, how do i go about this? and i was wondering if i was able to do a let's play on this game just for a bit of fun?
I know with VBA, the savestates are connected with the file name. So patching Beta 2 to a clean Firered rom, then naming that the same thing as the original should "transfer" the savestates. That's what my beta tester's been doing, and there hasn't been an issue.

Edit: I'd also be honored if you did a LP :D The next beta will have the entire Tunod League, and the whole main plot done, so if you want to wait a month or so, you can (:

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old February 10th, 2013, 01:58 AM
TotallyShweetAwesome
The Awesome

Yeah that worked fine and I am enjoying the story so far, I was just wondering, how many hours of game play is there in the game already and when will the next beta be out to your best approximation?
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyShweetAwesome View Post
Yeah that worked fine and I am enjoying the story so far, I was just wondering, how many hours of game play is there in the game already and when will the next beta be out to your best approximation?
I can't give a good estimation on the hours, but probably alot. My tester does streams of each mini beta (I give him one after each gym), and it's usually about an hour and a half each time, so I'd estimate about maybe 8, 9, 10 hours. As for the next beta, very very soon! I'm making great progress so far. I'll be finished with the town with gym seven by tonight, sans gym, and I'll be working on the major plot over the next couple days. After that, it's just gym eight and the league :D So, probably a month, max.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Old February 12th, 2013, 03:30 AM
wafflecar
Unhatched Egg

Let's be honest here, the clock looks awesome!
Old February 20th, 2013, 02:13 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Can somebody please help me? I am in a forest place, and I can't get out of it. There's an NPC that says something about Volcanic Ash blowing in this direction.

There are 2 script tiles. (This is there coding)
---

'-----------------------
#org 0x1004A2
cmdB1 0x7B 0x1C20 0x7 0x7FF7

Can somebody please tell me how to get out of that area? (I'm using Version 2 and I'm playing on VisualboyAdvance v1.82. I can't find a Download for VBA v1.72) Thanks!
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:43 PM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
Can somebody please help me? I am in a forest place, and I can't get out of it. There's an NPC that says something about Volcanic Ash blowing in this direction.

There are 2 script tiles. (This is there coding)
---

'-----------------------
#org 0x1004A2
cmdB1 0x7B 0x1C20 0x7 0x7FF7

Can somebody please tell me how to get out of that area? (I'm using Version 2 and I'm playing on VisualboyAdvance v1.82. I can't find a Download for VBA v1.72) Thanks!
Alot of people have been having this issue. Something or another is cutting off the extended part of the ROM, because the script you're referring to is, in reality, #org 0x1004A2E...For whatever reason, the E at the end got cut off. I'm using 1.7.2, and it's working fine, so I assume it's something to do with the emulator.

EDIT: The link for 1.7.2 is on VBA's main site, under downloads.

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
colorfulpoet
Unhatched Egg

The pikachu stole my pokemon badges. Now Im not sure what to do.
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM
TotallyShweetAwesome
The Awesome

Hey bud, just was wondering how the 3rd part is coming along, looking forward to this too much haha
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:09 PM
ReeCeDoW

I can't get this hack to work, using VBA 1.72, could you maybe post a video on how to get this hack to work?
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:59 PM
fr0styguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Alot of people have been having this issue. Something or another is cutting off the extended part of the ROM, because the script you're referring to is, in reality, #org 0x1004A2E...For whatever reason, the E at the end got cut off. I'm using 1.7.2, and it's working fine, so I assume it's something to do with the emulator.

EDIT: The link for 1.7.2 is on VBA's main site, under downloads.
It can't be the version because I tried both and i'm still stuck in the beginning area.
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM
succumb

i also patch a clean emerald rom by the patch uploaded, but when i played it in my emulator, i cannot find the exit in that first field, just like the others does.

Last edited by DrFuji; March 16th, 2013 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Asking for ROM
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Deve167
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to Deve167
Seaspray ticket glitch? The dialogue for picking it up keeps replaying itself.
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Princess Gummy
Unhatched Egg

I started playing this just today, and I have got to say its a really nice hack, but I have one main problem with it. When I go inside the inventors lab the screen goes black and it stays like that no matter how many times I restart on the game. Is there anyway to stop the black screen from appearing?
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM
TheAgentBrandon
Togepi

Nature: Timid
I hope you progress with this hack A.S.A.P!
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:24 PM
TotallyShweetAwesome
The Awesome

Hey guys, if you have had a problem with the patching of this hack then search my youtube name :totallyshweetawesome into youtube and there is a installation guide on the hack and it seems to be helping people so i thought i would post on here

P.S. i would post a link but i need to post 15 times before i can send a link
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:58 PM
KennyKid
scipter

Very very nice hack...................
I really love the Pikachu-battle screen style, just fantastic!
And the same as the poison-holt.
Really love your hack

Quick way to edit palettes, indexing sprites and insert tileset
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:13 PM
redriders180

Guess what, guys! Beta three is up and ready for your downloads!

This beta completes about 97% of the Tunod Region, all eight gyms, the E4, and Champion. Basically, all of Tunod is in this most recent beta. Enjoy!

Also, a big big thanks to Pokecinema for putting my hack's name out there. I hit 1,000 downloads of Glazed just last night, something I couldn't even dream of when I started. Thank you so much, everyone!

Old March 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM
mikethepokemaster

yes! beta 3 is out bout to try it out right now!
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Heyo!!! I saw the "review" by PokeCinema from [Click Here] and I was amazed by the way you changed the pre-battle mugshot with Pikachu in it. But since that is an effect only legendary pokemon have, does that mean you can't change the music for the Pikachu battle? Oh! and I'll be downloading your hack Keep up the good work!

Edit:

Last edited by Pinkish Purple; March 20th, 2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:20 AM
TotallyShweetAwesome
The Awesome

Quote:

This beta completes about 97% of the Tunod Region, all eight gyms, the E4, and Champion. Basically, all of Tunod is in this most recent beta. Enjoy!

Also, a big big thanks to Pokecinema for putting my hack's name out there. I hit 1,000 downloads of Glazed just last night, something I couldn't even dream of when I started. Thank you so much, everyone!
Glad it's out now, I started a let's play on it the other day and its getting decent views with 700 on part 1, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to playing the new patch
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:22 AM
godlesplay

Quote:

I updated rom to beta 3 but when I come back to first city I can't go further because of weather, please fix it
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Lucadelic
Unhatched Egg

Really intresting keep up the cood work
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links