Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old March 20th, 2013 (04:17 AM). Edited March 20th, 2013 by Hybrid Trainer.
zombie101
Woah

Nature: Relaxed
I want to use online modes on my ds games on the 3ds. But it won't work. But it says I am connected in options. I use wpa2 if that helps...
Old March 20th, 2013 (04:48 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
WPA or WPA2 will not work for old DS games. Only games that are DSi-enhanced and all 3DS games can use them. If you switch to WEP security (Which isn't the best idea), you can use your old games. But if you do decide to use WEP, the 3 main setups won't work, rather, you must configure them separately:

1. Go to System Settings from your Home Menu, and tap Internet Settings. Enter your pin if prompted.
2. Tap Nintendo DS Connections (Third option), then tap Yes on the subsequent popup.
3. From here, tap Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings, then pick a connection. You should know the rest.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old March 20th, 2013 (11:59 AM). Edited March 20th, 2013 by zombie101.
zombie101
Woah

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Team Fail:
WPA or WPA2 will not work for old DS games. Only games that are DSi-enhanced and all 3DS games can use them. If you switch to WEP security (Which isn't the best idea), you can use your old games. But if you do decide to use WEP, the 3 main setups won't work, rather, you must configure them separately:

1. Go to System Settings from your Home Menu, and tap Internet Settings. Enter your pin if prompted.
2. Tap Nintendo DS Connections (Third option), then tap Yes on the subsequent popup.
3. From here, tap Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings, then pick a connection. You should know the rest.
But my friend can connect with the same connection just fine.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links