The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old January 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Advertise here
A partial reboot of a semi-successful thread that has long since gone past its revival date - [link]

As the title says you can show off and get opinions on your Title/Boot Screens and other graphical edits of the likes. Here are the ones for my hack:

paired with christos
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:56 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Well for instance in your case, both Boot and Title screen look really good but a whole different thing is, do they match up with the contents of the hack. If Sienna revolves around Lugia, it makes sense for it being in both of those screens.

I know this is a bit nitpicking but as for myself, I'd like to add a neutral title screen to my own hack without anything special being shown in them if I don't get someone doing a game-related title screen for me. At least, no pokemon being shown in it would do.

This far, this is all I've got though which isn't much of a title screen but it was fan-made work by a person called RED and I really appriciate him doing that:

Pretty much gets to the neutral category of not showing anything about the gameplay but definitely a whole lot better than having Lugia flying around (talking about Pokemon Silver title screen that is).

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:40 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
A partial reboot of a semi-successful thread that has long since gone past its revival date - [link]

As the title says you can show off and get opinions on your Title/Boot Screens and other graphical edits of the likes. Here are the ones for my hack:

I assume we are also allowed to rate/comment on them too right? In which case I absolutely love your title screen. The underwater rock face goes well with the Lugia you've got and everything looks well inserted. Sadly whenever I've tried, I always get the bug where the corner of the title screen seems glitched.

As for the boot screen, looks great too! The only thing that strikes me as wierd is that the font on all 4 lines are different. Though that's probably how it is supposed to be.

Good work Mr.Manipulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Well for instance in your case, both Boot and Title screen look really good but a whole different thing is, do they match up with the contents of the hack. If Sienna revolves around Lugia, it makes sense for it being in both of those screens.

I know this is a bit nitpicking but as for myself, I'd like to add a neutral title screen to my own hack without anything special being shown in them if I don't get someone doing a game-related title screen for me. At least, no pokemon being shown in it would do.

This far, this is all I've got though which isn't much of a title screen but it was fan-made work by a person called RED and I really appriciate him doing that:

Pretty much gets to the neutral category of not showing anything about the gameplay but definitely a whole lot better than having Lugia flying around (talking about Pokemon Silver title screen that is).
Being completely honest, I'm not much of a fan of the G/S/C series. Likely because I grew up playing FR/LG. Anyways, your ideology about what to include in titlescreens are certainly interesting. I haven't ever considered the title screen was a big spoiler of sorts, but I guess you're right. Moreover, I don't know what to say about your titlescreen since I don't know how good titlescreens in G/S/C are supposed to be. Though from your thought process it meets all your criteria.
Though I think you should add the usual "PRESS START" thing, that'd be more standard. Anyways good work my boy :)

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
Sadly whenever I've tried, I always get the bug where the corner of the title screen seems glitched.
Thanks. That particular glitch occurs when you have too many tiles in your tileset, get rid of any duplicates and your title screen should function perfectly well. :)

paired with christos
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:16 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Good work Mr.Manipulation.
Agreed, Sienna's screens look really good. One shouldn't be trying to fill out most of the reply with possible critisism, like I happened to do.

Quote:
Being completely honest, I'm not much of a fan of the G/S/C series. Likely because I grew up playing FR/LG. Anyways, your ideology about what to include in titlescreens are certainly interesting. I haven't ever considered the title screen was a big spoiler of sorts, but I guess you're right. Moreover, I don't know what to say about your titlescreen since I don't know how good titlescreens in G/S/C are supposed to be. Though from your thought process it meets all your criteria.
Though I think you should add the usual "PRESS START" thing, that'd be more standard. Anyways good work my boy
It was a fanmade title screen by a person called RED from Skeetendo Inc. So I didn't make it

But yeah, I do like keeping it simple more than for example Ho-Oh or legendary birds from Gen I being shown in it although all of them can be caught in the game. Those just wouldn't make any sense for being there. I think that if there is no particular reason for an add-on (whatever the add-on is), there is no point in having the add-on either. If you include some kind of theater in your hack just because you feel like adding a theater in one town, what's the point. You could instead use a bit more imagination and make the theater having an actual purpose for being there; make a storyline related event or side-quest happen there or something.

Anyway... yeah, having "PRESS START" type of dialogue in it would be a good idea (at least it wouldn't hurt).

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post

Holy flippin wow that looks good...

Here is mine:

at one point I was working on getting a picture in the background like yours... but decided to stop and go with one closer to FR/LG with the solid color adn some sort of animation.. I made bubbles

here is a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56ne7IjnW0
Old February 20th, 2013, 05:30 PM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra

Before and afters of Pokemon Desegrate's title screen and opening. The before opening wasn't anything to do with the plot but now it does (^-^)
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:46 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Ok, here's mine... :) This is for my hack Pokemon Illusions.

Old June 12th, 2013, 03:17 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Alright, I'm here with my bootscreen and title screen. I'm bringing the heat this time.

and yes, the video is required.:p

Credits:
Reb0rn: Logo and asembling of the animation.
JoshR691- Charizard Sprites.
Darthatron- Base ASM for animation
Mat- Teaching me how to use DMA to increase the copying speed of the images in order to make this animation not lag.
Jambo51- For answering all of my questions about this animation and how it runs, as well as acquiring the ASM for me.

Paired with Simba
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I LOVE THIS... when I make a 100% hack (i got one in the works) ill have to make me a bootscreen...

also id wanna edit the intro vid... i wonder how youd do that
Old July 3rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Nature: Bold

Some kind of Crystal future-remake I am working on...

Also, if you ever wanted to make a ROM hacking tool, click here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334348
Old July 3rd, 2013, 11:43 PM
DothThouEvenHoist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Ok, here's mine... This is for my hack Pokemon Illusions.

That one looks nice. I like the background.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here