The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2013 (08:14 PM).
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I prefer PC gaming to console gaming. Primarily because of mods.

Come play Runescape
Old March 20th, 2013 (08:20 PM).
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

The only major reason why I'd probably go back to PC gaming someday would have to be the fact that Starcraft 2 exists. That and Star Wars The Old Republic which I've heard a lot of good things about.

Gotta love the high life.
Old March 20th, 2013 (08:29 PM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I'd be asleep if it wasn't for my Art History notes. >:(

And only PC game I really played religiously was Rise of Nations and Age of Empires.
Old March 20th, 2013 (08:30 PM).
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
The internet sure is something like caffeine isn't it? It's a wonderful, wonderful agent of keeping people awake during ungodly hours.
I also am quite a heavy sleeper. Nothing would disturb me except my phone alarm. I am extremely sensitive to it; I would almost instantly awake the moment it starts. I'll be awake, but I'll keep on trying to go back to sleep lol The only other thing would be my younger brother tackling me in the morning ahha.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old March 20th, 2013 (08:36 PM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
The internet sure is something like caffeine isn't it? It's a wonderful, wonderful agent of keeping people awake during ungodly hours.
I also am quite a heavy sleeper. Nothing would disturb me except my phone alarm. I am extremely sensitive to it; I would almost instantly awake the moment it starts. I'll be awake, but I'll keep on trying to go back to sleep lol The only other thing would be my younger brother tackling me in the morning ahha.
or maybe a taser

I think that's pretty much what it takes to wake me up like a normal person kinda fast. If you don't do something drastic I take about 20 minutes to get up lol

Old March 20th, 2013 (08:42 PM).
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I've always been more of a PC gamer. I don't deny that Fallout 3 would be better with mods, but after playing the other Fallout games, something just doesn't seem right about the way FO3 turned out.
Old March 20th, 2013 (08:43 PM).
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

This game was all I played for about a year. Still one of my favorites to the day - A pity that it either won't run, or runs like crap on 7. (It's that random. Either **** you, I'm not going to start or hahahahaha I'll crash at random just to piss you off.)

I'm happy that a new HG game is in the making, but from what I've seen so far it looks like it's going to be a cross between HG and Armored Core FF.

Come play Runescape
Old March 20th, 2013 (08:46 PM). Edited March 20th, 2013 by droomph.
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I'd be asleep if it wasn't for my Art History notes. >:(

And only PC game I really played religiously was Rise of Nations and Age of Empires.
Art history eh

What kind of stuff do you guys learn in there? I'm kinda curious honestly, if you don't mind :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarcharOdin View Post
I've always been more of a PC gamer. I don't deny that Fallout 3 would be better with mods, but after playing the other Fallout games, something just doesn't seem right about the way FO3 turned out.
But what about the thing where you're so tall you die because you jump so high

and then you set it to 0 and you're a corpse on the ground

Old March 20th, 2013 (09:13 PM).
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Spore, Star Wars Empire At War, and Warcraft 3 was what kept my PC gaming faith going back then, mostly it was just Spore though since I blitzkrieged my way through EAW and WC3 with little difficulty and it took me a good month or 2 before I could reach the center of the galaxy in Spore after I realized that plowing a pathway through the Grox would take forever and a half even though it would be little to no problem for me given how strong my empire was.

Gotta love the high life.
Old March 20th, 2013 (10:04 PM).
Morkula
Play the Game

I want to get more into PC gaming since I have a capable desktop...I've amassed a decent collection of Steam games from sales and stuff, but I've always been more of a console and handheld gamer. That might change though, since I'm not too keen on going into the next generation of consoles.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old March 20th, 2013 (10:13 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I don't really differentiate between kinds of gaming. It's all the same to me. There are some games that just feel right played on a TV and some that feel right played at a computer desk and others still that feel right played on the bus commute or while lying in bed.

I haven't done much PC gaming in the last year, though, since my computer's been hooked up to the TV acting as a media server for my house. :/ I don't miss it much, I've gotta admit.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 20th, 2013 (10:36 PM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
When it comes to what type of gamer I am, I'm more of the video gaming type. I rarely do PC gaming anymore, ever since I gave up on The Sims because I always failed at looking after my Sims properly (yeah I'm such an evil girl lol) not to mention discs always made my computer act like a hothead it always shut down on me.

Plus, I spend most of my gaming time on my Ice Blue DS Lite and my arsenal of Pokemon games, notably Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black and Black 2. Still have yet to do my White 2 playthrough though but it won't serve as my main version of the B2/W2 duo since I already have Black 2 serving as the main for me of those two. Also, I spend way too much time watching TV and browsing this forum lately.
Old March 20th, 2013 (10:42 PM).
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Speaking of gaming... I'm more into playing it on DS instead on PC. And my time of gaming has been reduced lately because I'm spending most of my time in this forum.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
Old March 20th, 2013 (10:46 PM).
Aslan
the pretender

Mm overall I'm mainly DS focused when it comes to gaming although I do have my share of other consoles as well. I've played the Sims quite a bit before and I think I enjoyed creating cities, sending my Sims out Downtown and other places, watching them do hilarious things but then my interest died down a little and now I can't find the disc. :(

As for my DS, I don't stick to one gaming series, generally I try all sorts. I've tried Dragon Quest IX and that was an immensely enjoyable game, also I was bursting into laughter at some of the horrible puns they made with all of the monster's various names. I've tried Final Fantasy and I think it was pretty good although I never got around to finishing it along with Professor Layton, which is brain-busting. ;______;

Eh as for watching TV, I watch around an hour a day that's about it really. I watch the news my parents flick on in the morning and evening and then sometimes watch a Big Bang Theory episode, but generally you'd probably rarely find me sitting on the couch watching TV, I'd most likely just be sitting by the computer or doing something else.
Old March 20th, 2013 (10:53 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Mm, speaking of spending too much time on forums, I find I don't get as engrossed in PC gaming because it's so much easier to be distracted. I do a lot of things on the computer, mainly web browsing. When I'm PC gaming, I'm already at my computer so it's much easier to be distracted by the other things I do with my computer. Consoles don't have the same functionality--they're pretty much built to do one thing at a time and that thing is essentially just games. So they don't have that whole built-in distraction that computers do. I'll start up a game and then decide to check my email, maybe check PC and get a post or two in... and before I know it, I've completely forgotten that the game is running in the background.

Also, I've never ever played the Sims (any iteration of it) in my entire life. How bad am I missing out? :(

tumblrtwitter

Old March 20th, 2013 (11:04 PM).
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Although I'm sure my desktop computer is powerful enough to play some decent games, I just love being able to sit on the futon and play the PS3 (what else is there to do on spring break?!). Console gaming is like, the only reason I own a futon. I gotta have my games... If I had a comfy computer chair, then maybe I be more of a PC gamer.

Old March 20th, 2013 (11:24 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I hear ya. :D Nothing says relaxation like going into full couch potato mode in front of a console. You just can't get that same feeling at a computer desk.

tumblrtwitter

Old March 21st, 2013 (12:36 AM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

PC gaming is far less of a headache. With consoles you can get straight to the game, but with a PC, depending on your setup it could be nightmarish. I'm always going to have a soft spot for consoles since there's not much more satisfying coming home from a busy day, plopping on the couch and having every control in your hands. Same with handhelds.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old March 21st, 2013 (12:42 AM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by CarcharOdin.
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

You can find good ways to get comfy at a computer desk. And really, depending on the genre, keyboard and mouse is a better control scheme to use. Not to mention there's some amazing games on the PC that just plain wouldn't work very well with a controller, EVER. Plus, as Mr. X pointed out, all the modding communities make some really awesome content you can install onto the game and it almost always doesn't cost you a damn thing.

Oh, and getting PC nightmares won't be anywhere near as common if you use "Can You Run It?"
Old March 21st, 2013 (01:08 AM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
You can find good ways to get comfy at a computer desk. And really, depending on the genre, keyboard and mouse is a better control scheme to use. Not to mention there's some amazing games on the PC that just plain wouldn't work very well with a controller, EVER. Plus, as Mr. X pointed out, all the modding communities make some really awesome content you can install onto the game and it almost always doesn't cost you a damn thing.

Oh, and getting PC nightmares won't be anywhere near as common if you use "Can You Run It?"
Mm, I will never find a computer desk as comfy as a couch. Typically if I'm getting way too comfortable at my desk, it means my posture is awful so I can't stay that way for long, haha. There are definitely games that are much better on PC (like shooters--I can't stand using controllers for them) but I don't play a whole lot of them and will generally neglect my PC games in favour of games that work well with a controller instead. I'm actually a pretty big fan of Steam's "Big Picture" mode since my computer is hooked up to the TV in the living room right now anyway and it's the only way I can play PC games unless they run on my Mac. (And Macs are not for gaming, I won't even pretend they are.)

"Can You Run It" once told me my netbook would run GTA4. I don't trust it very much, understandably. :P

tumblrtwitter

Old March 21st, 2013 (01:16 AM).
Rainbow Daaash
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
I know I wasn't incredibly active here before - but just in case some random muthaf*cka was wondering what happened to that dude with the stunfisk intro and all the face swap images, I've been no - lifing Gears of War Judgement like none other since its release Tuesday. I haven't forgotten or left though

Just incredibly dumping time into this game. <3 I love it. Gears franchise has been my sh*t since E-day in like - '06 or 7. Hype for X / Y though - also that Heavy Gear image reminded me of a janky but fun Armored Core game for PS1.
Old March 21st, 2013 (01:17 AM).
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
"Can You Run It" once told me my netbook would run GTA4. I don't trust it very much, understandably.
The fact that it's a netbook would probably be it's most limiting factor.
Old March 21st, 2013 (01:34 AM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
The fact that it's a netbook would probably be it's most limiting factor.
Yeaaah... I was pretty sure the atom netbook with no graphics card and 1GB ram probably wouldn't handle GTA4 very well. Although to be fair I guess I never did try it. Maybe the site was right all along. :P

tumblrtwitter

Old March 21st, 2013 (04:54 AM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I'm with Carcharodin on PC gaming. I prefer the controls way more on PC, and some games on PC are only meant for PC

Altough they have some games that I prefer on consoles, like fighting games for example. Street Fighter, Naruto and all those kind.
Old March 21st, 2013 (05:20 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
@Lightning: What a coincidince you mention GTA4. I just bought it on sale from XBL the other day. I really want to get a PC version though, just so I can mod it lol.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links