• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreshadows of Hoenn [IC]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum

Penance sort of awkwardly shuffled there as the Kingdra and Weavile talked softly with each other. Then his leader's attention was all on him. Normally at this point with such a strong male in front of him Penance would have been reduced to a full blushing fit, thankfully he had so much more on his mind than to think about petty thoughts such as those. "Uh... Aecor." He took in a deep breath and began to whisper to the Kingdra in a soft voice.

"TherearetoomanyvariablesallatplaceherewehavenoideawhatwillhapenthereandthusIcan'tfigureoutwhattoplan! Ihavethehighfeelingthatthisisalsoatrapandwitheachandeverysingleimportantpokemoninourtribegoingthenwe'llbekilledoffquiteeasily! Sirifwegotherewithoutanystrategythenwe'realldoomed!"

As his rant ended the Golduck coughed meekly. It was actually one of the few times he had gotten so stressed that he had spoken in such a rushed tone. "Sir... we need a plan. A strategy, a theorem. Anything actually! I need some time before we go! If we don't plan then the worst possible things could happen!" He hung his head. "Sir, we need to sit down and think about this. If we don't it could cost our tribe dearly. I can get some quick tactics together, but time needs to bought. Can you prolong the meeting in some way?"

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
Mossdeep city

Shadow bowed his head as Aecor dismissed him, one thing that Shadow both respected and honored the Kingdra for was using his actual name... not the nickname that so many of the other tribe members called him, "The Son of Suicune" or something along those lines... it was rather refreshing to be called by his actual name.

Shadow left the two to their talk... as he left he heard Penance rant in his quick-speech that hardly anybody could understand. Shadow walked over to Disaster, "gather the team together and make sure everybody has their equipment, weapons, tools, provisions, and the like. We leave for Mauville City soon, for a meeting. be ready for anything." he whispered.

The absol nodded his head and took off to go find the other members of the tribe. in the meantime Shadow left the main group of the tribe and traveled to his home, in the outskirts of the city.

When He got to his home he looked around the hut briefly, making sure everything was in order. he then went to the storage room of the structure, underneath the house. there he grabbed a bag and filled it with a variety of berries, fruits, and a few weapons, namely a few ice bombs, a frost dagger, and his camouflage coat. He then grabbed an Ice fang necklace, apparently it was left for him by his father... or so says his mother. before he left his home he double checked that he had gotten everything he needed from his house. he walked out, shut the door, ensured the door would not open, and returned to Mossdeep.

He walked through the city and made it back to the main square, where he met up with the rest of his team. each team member had a similar bag as he did but each one carried something different. Juggernaut had some ice bomb projectiles that he could launch out of his cannons, SilverWind had several gadgets and things that he loved to carry around with him, many helped with his scouting for the group. Disaster had a variety of weapons for attacking. and Quake, had mostly foods, some light medical equipment and some weapons. some equipment the group all had, camouflage coats, Ice bombs mostly, and of course, berries and foods.

Shadow looked at the rest of the group and nodded. Shadow ran to report of Aecor that they are ready to depart once the word is given. the rest of the group stayed together in the crowd. Shadow approached Aecor with another bow, "Sir, we are ready to depart, when ever you are."

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
Slateport City

Turnip pondered on his choice as he watched Nicolas walk towards the North exit. If he had someplace to go, maybe whatever he was doing was something too important for him to want a private to hear. Maybe it was something Turnip would really want to know. Stealth-ish, then? Hm, not Turnip's favourite mode of, uh, going, but tolerable if he'd get something good out of it.

Turnip changed direction in the most discrete way he could manage, following Nicolas at a safe distance.

Well, this could be promising. Maybe Nicholas Cage here'll have something useful for -BUEEAAAAAHH
- Reacting quickly, Turnip drew his handgun -
EEEUUUHHHhhhh... - and, just as quickly, holstered it again. Gardevoir costume, human legs.

(And yes. That was just a thought-scream. Happens sometimes.)

"Dammit." He muttered in annoyance. Whatever that soldier was doing, he sure wouldn't. Being discovered and killed like that would be a pretty shameful way to go, as would being killed like that in your own camp; but that said, pulling off perfect operations in that way was probably pretty incredible. At least he didn't seem to be the only one who'd reacted, he noticed Nicolas flinch a bit a few steps back.

So, with that out of the way, he decided to be a little more... well... he couldn't actually think of anything to prepare him for that again.

Never-the-less, he continued onwards. He overheard Mikkelson's Oath starting in the background. And he'd expected to get away from this - Damn you, Nicholas Cage! Uh, without the h... Or Cage...

"People of the Human Republic, are you ready for victory?"

Hmph. Instant promise of an optimistic probability. Typical politician's ploy. I can't blame him, though... except, well, I can. And will. Bloody hell, I hope I never have to-

Turnip was cut short as he accidentally rammed into the back of Nicolas. Oops.

Well, now was as good a time as ever for some answers, though Turnip got the feeling he'd probably be being asked a few more unless he talked pretty rapidly.

"Oh sorry sir I was just -uh- somethinged - well - do you know why we're at war? - nice day - uh - evening? - afternoon? - day's fine - are you going anywhere in particular?"

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Sigil has nearly been shot twice now. Maybe it was best he saved the costume for when he was... closer to the camp. Taking off the more notable part of his costume, the wig, the chest spike, the dress, basically anything other than the bra, the shirt, the make-up, or the leggings. "Sorry!" He shouted to the few men, awkwardly ducking back into the protection of the forest. "Maybe I should go tell the guy in charge about this thing before I end up dying a pokemon..." He mumbled, crawling back into the shed and redressing. Off comes the bra, shirt, tights, make-up, etc. He puts them in the suitcase and redressed, putting on his clothes carefully and pondering how many times this would be likely to happen.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jet Cross
Mossdeep City

Jet saw Aecor and Kip talking. He and Riptide approached them, but stood off at a respecful distance and watched Penance walk up to him. That Golduck was queer...He might even be a bit...homosexual. Jet chuckled inwardly. Penance also believed that it was a trap. An Umbreon Jet knew as Shadow came up to the Big Man with his strike team and ask for orders. Aecor gave him theirs and sent them away. "Rip, go get my stuff ready." The Feraligator nodded and loped off to get all of the explosives. ALL of them. It would take a massive case to carry them, so the Feraligator was an obvious choice. Jet walked up beside Penance and winked at him playfully, then turned to the pair of leaders. "Sir, Jet Cross reporting. Apologies for the interruption, but I'm assuming you'll be needing me. I have my partner gathering my stuff. Tell me where we're going, what I'll be blowing up, and what kind of beer you'll want me to buy when we get back. That'll be all." He flashed a winning smile and crossed his arms beside his head.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Patriot Skye Ravel :: Caerulus Tribe Base, Lavaridge
Rufflet; Caerulus Tribe :: Truly Shiny Preparations

"You're late to the party, Patriot."

"I know. I'm sorry about that. I just found this area filled with berry trees, and I couldn't really pass it up." Patriot's eyes were big as he tilted his head to the side once more, examining his mentor. The Staraptor seemed to be contemplating his inquiry.

". . . For the tribe, for ideals, and for hope. They keep me alive and provide me with motivation through various ways. I know that this isn't the best answer, but it gives me a purpose to be here as a member of the Caerulus Tribe. Everyone would have different reasons, and you're probably going to find yours soon enough."

Zeph smirked, chuckling. "But you're just here for the 'fun', aren't you, Patriot?" From there he proceeded to scoop up a Chesto Berry in his beak, swallowing it. He nudged the pile slightly as he offered some to the Ampharos.

"No! That's not true!" the little Rufflet cawed. "I fight for truth, justice, and honor!" he stated proudly. After a moment, his eyes narrowed as he thought about what he said. "Clichéd, I know, but still!"

"Well, I would fight for independence from the humans, thinking they've got any right to influence our lives and dictate us in our land for one. And especially that they will not at all discern the innocent from the soldiers when they're gonna march in here by the hundreds with those bullet-spewing guns. I want to protect the security that the children need. And then third, for egalitarianism, ending this religious schism. It's only given us martyrs in return." The Ampharos stated, responding to Zeph's question.

The Ampharos then turned to Patriot, hesitating for a moment. "These berries do taste quite nice."

"Thanks," Patriot said, "I try to only pick the ripest ones, for the best flavor."

Before the conversation could continue, another voice boomed. "People of the humble Caerulus Tribe! In exactly ten minutes we shall depart for Mauville City, for a meeting with the Ruber Tribe concerning the Human war! Hurry up if you do not wish to get left behind!"

Patriot looked at the large Aggron, cocking his head. "He's so . . . shiny," was Patriot's only comment. He turned back to the others, grabbed a blade of grass with his beak, walked over to the leaf with all the berries and tied the edges of it with the grass, creating a small sack that he could carry in his beak. "Weff, I'm afready," Patriot said, the sack of berries hanging from his beak.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Damien Pierce
Steelport City, Northern exit

"I'm sorry about your brother… that is definitely a much better reason than mine to go to war." Jacob said as he started to frown. He quickly added in "Honestly I have a feeling the gears are set in motion for war and the death of your brother and the others is just the justification for war and revenge is not actually the objective."

The truck jerked to a stop as to tell them the conversation was over. Jacob jumped out of the truck first with his rifle slung over his shoulder. Damien followed, also slinging his weapon, but Damien slung it across his back. He walked over to the cab of the truck and knocked on the window. The driver rolled it down and had a look on his face that said, 'what do you want now...'. Damien handed him a $50.

"Thanks for the ride man." Damien said politely.

"Yah welcome." The driver said before he sped off.

Damien walked back over to Jacob, who picked up their conversation with a new topic.

"It's a unique weapon for sure but with the right modifications and in the right hands it is extremely lethal. Also I didn't earn all my money by being bad at my job."

Damien laughed a little at that last part.

"Haha I know what you mean, man."

Damien brushed some dirt off his shoulder, but there was a spot covering his whole insignia patch where the dirt would just not come off.

"I'm not here for the money considering I haven't been promised any… yet," continued Jacob after a second pause, "Kind of strange huh? Mercenary who doesn't care for money… Guess I'm not entirely sane, or I'm really bad at being a mercenary."

"Jacob," Damien started, "When you've been in the job as long as we have, You're lucky to just not be entirely sane."

Damien looked down and noticed his boot was untied. He ducked down to tie it. Jacob was being pretty quiet now, he took a glance up to see him zoned out staring at something on a necklace.

"To be blunt: I came here to hunt," He said after a few more seconds. Damien went back to tieing his boot.

Damien finished and stood back up while Jacob was still space out. Jacob suddenly snapped to attention as Damien continued to scrape the dirt off his shoulder.

"So you have lots of experience in killing too huh? What for? Last I remembered the Human Republic hasn't been at war for quite a while. So unless you joined up right after birth I'm guessing you either been killing for some super-secret-kill-me-if-you-tell-me reason, or you killed prior to joining this rag tag group."

Damien didn't know how to answer. After a moment of pondering how to tell him without telling him, he started to talk. "It's probably best if I don't get into specifics right now. We can say I'm a merc like you, my employers just have a lot deeper pockets, and a lot more employees." Damien finally got the dirt off his shoulder, revealing a badge with a green shield on it. Centered in the shield, was a yellow-gold horse head. "Let me give you a word of advice friend... If you ever see men with this symbol ANYWHERE on them," He pushed his shoulder towards Jacob showing him the insignia, "Run, do not walk, to the nearest exit."

Damien continued to walk with Jacob towards the exit. He decided he would keep the conversation going on a less threatning note.

"So, Jacob, you got anyone, or anything, to go back to after this is all over?" Damien asked while un-slinging his rifle and holding it idly at his waist level.

"And another thing, if S**t hits the fan on this op, can I trust you to watch my back? I got yours, so you don't need to worry 'bout that." Damien put out his fist for a fist-bump. Accepting said fist-bump would mean "yes".

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jacob looked at the patch as Damien revealed he was not a Republic grunt, but a mercenary like him. Suddenly Jacob felt a little more like a poser since in reality he wasn't really a part of a legit mercenary group. He felt like he was still a hit man calling himself a mercenary since hit man was a title he preferred to no longer be associated with. After looking at the patch for a bit he scratched the back of his neck and said, "O you're a Merc then too huh? Honestly my "mercenary group" is just me, myself, and I. I'm not even sure if I qualify as a mercenary in the way you're used to. More of a hit man… most of my previous work has been for those with… shady operations I guess you could say. Anyway so see a shield and horsey and stay away… got it." Jacob was not smiling as he mentioned himself as a hit man or his shady dealings.

There was a bit of silence as they walked over to the meeting place, but it was broken by Damien asking "So, Jacob, you got anyone, or anything to go back to after this is all over?"
Looking over at Damien as they walked Jacob considered the question a few seconds, but before he could answer Damien continued, "And another thing, if S**t hits the fan on this op, can I trust you to watch my back? I got yours, so you don't need to worry 'bout that." The man then put out his fist as a gesture to back up his declaration of support.

Jacob left Damien hanging as he answered the first question, "Nope… everything I own I brought with me. As far as anyone, I've always been a loner. The only thing that I ever had that was close to a family or friends was a gang I was in when I was really young and after that whole lot got killed off I have been alone."

Jacob then gave Damien the desired fist bump after leaving Damien "hanging" for a few second. Jacob however finished his side of the gesture off with a very silly looking "exploding" hand gesture. "We will find your brother's killers and when we do the last thing that will go through their head will be a bullet," said Jacob in a serious tone after completing the strange gesture. He honestly wasn't sure if he should have implied he had Damien's back since that promise of support had a limit. Despite this Jacob's claim about delivering justice to the killers of Damien's brother and the other humans was serious.

They arrived at what seemed to be the best spot to wait for Nick at the north exit since it was out in the open and very easy to see. "And now we wait… so Damien was it? Do you have anyone or anything to return to after this possible war?" asked Jacob as the two waited for the leader of this scouting mission.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Zepheros and Lordus - Joint Post
Lavaridge

Lordus was examining Aurora as she spoke to the Blaziken, his eyes unflinching. She giggled at the end to relieve the tension, a sound that brought memories of a Dratini back to his stormy mind. Tray spoke in reply, drawing his attention away from the unwanted thoughts.

"Nothing is wrong... because war is natural for us. We are at war with the Ruber Tribe everyday. So what if our enemy is the Ruber scum or the humans? All we need to know is what to kill... if it comes down to war, that is." his words left Lordus unsmiling, staring at the ground. "I know as much as you do when it comes to the human threat. Adamantius is doing everything he can to help us. And we have to cooperate to survive."

He barely listened, only lifting his eyes to glance at the aether form of the slender dragon before him. Her purple bulbs about her neck were shining in a ray of sunlight. She's the perfect distraction, he thought darkly, deciding to disregard her. For now. A great frown was all that showed in his face when he turned to Trev once again, who appeared to be leaving.

"I'll talk to you two chaps later, for now, I have a job to handle. Please proceed to the town square where we have an important announcement to make."

"I'll be sure to hear you announce we're having war and that it's nothing out of the ordinary," his voice trailed off, his head slightly tilting, his dark blue eyes fixed on this Blaziken called Trev. He figured Trev thought himself smart and important, but he minded none. The warchiefs could play their game of power. He wondered how many people of his tribe actually shared the views of this one - that war is within the norms. A poor lie he told him and Aurora, was he thinking they were oblivious of what the mechanical birds of the humans scourging the skies meant? Lordus's cocky pride would have been wounded once, when somebody thought him stupid, but now he just stared at Trev in a blank expression. Anger was beneath it, nagging him as if to come out. He detested dishonest men who did not speak of things with their name, but he knew better than to start a quarrel within the tribe before their enemies could even have a chance to destroy it.

The edge of his eye caught the Aggron, their withered leader, coming to town, but there were things of more import to think about. One of these was Aurora, but he waved her image off and turned his spiked back to her.

"War is ordinary, according to this lad. Might be he thinks it's a game, too, but he'll soon learn, I wager." His eyes were scourging Lavaridge from the small hill they were up to, for the familiar figure of the bird he had seen before. A Staraptor. He found him right there, deeper within the small town, close to the crowd that was forming on the square of the town. "You'll have to pardon me, lady," he said curtly and without the courtesy that usually went along with the words he spoke. Nothing he ever said sounded kindle at all. As he descended, the tips of the bandages of his left arm billowed behind him, racing with the wind, the tips of his black swords scratching the yellow, withered grass.

Zepheros. An Ampharos was right next to him and a Rufflet about them; a quick glance was all he spared for them, but he did not know any them. "Zepheros," he called out once in range, and once their eyes crossed, he said, "there's to be a telling of sorts from Adamantius." Lordus's eyes traveled past the company of the three Pokemon to the square, where more and more Pokemon were gathering from all around the town to hear whatever was going to be said. Then he was back looking at the Staraptor in a face that would be made out of stone. "A word, if you would," he said.

"I heard," said the bird with a flat, serious tone. "And of course, Lordus. You never fail to intrigue me."
Glancing at Galeno and his apprentice, Zeph dipped his head as a sign of apology. It was rather impolite to leave a budding conversation mid-way, but this could be something important. Who knew? "I'll be right back. If the meeting starts, go there without me."

He then turned towards the Haxorus and looked into his eyes, giving him a nod of approval. Only now could Zeph truly feel the tense atmosphere of the approaching war and the confusion shared among almost everyone in the tribe. Upon spotting a vacant area of the town center, Zepheros lifted himself off the sand and landed gracefully on the ground, signalling Lordus to join him. When he did, though, his facial expression stayed the same - emotionless and cold. 'It's like I'm talking to a Magnezone...'

Clearing his throat, Zepheros tilted his head and asked the dragon with a soft yet neutral voice. "What's on your mind, Lordus?"

Lordus took his time before answering, all the while staring at the crowd forming at the square, distant fuss. "War is upon us, but hell, it won't be nothing like our past quarells with Ruber." He turned to look at Zepheros intently, so that the bird could grasp his meaning. "Beings that live under the water are treacherous. I smell a foul stench, and it's not piss for a certainty... it's worse. No good will come out of this meeting Adamantius and that Trev are preaching. Not for us of Caelurus. I reckon..." his voice lowered and he leaned forward, so their eyes were at the same height. "The frogs will consort with the humans. They will push us up the north from all sides, until we're well done and cooked."

"And once we're done for, the humans would turn against the Ruber tribe and get rid of them as well. They're not that stupid," Zepheros pointed out with a frown, revealing the flaws in Lordus' wild guess...at least, he assumed they were flaws. "They're as clueless as we are, Lordus. We don't know what the humans are capable of, and we could be the sea-lovers' last hope for survival."

Looking away from the Haxorus' gaze, Zeph looked at the buzzing crowd gathered at the town center and sighed. "I have my doubts, but I don't think Ruber would join the two-legged scum just yet. The worst thing that can happen today would be Adamantius' death, followed by a heated conversation between the two tribes. To be honest, I don't care that much about the Ruber Tribe anyway - it's these new pests that are bothering me."

Lordus grinned slightly in response, disagreeing quietly with the Staraptor before him; if anything should happen on this meeting, even the slightest misstep, there would be war. And the war would explode like the black eggs the fleshlings were tossing; heated, should anything happen to their precious Adamantius. Or any of the leaders, for that matter. He was looking south, to the forests and mountains below Lavaridge, knowing somewhere in the distance was the colony the humans had built in Slateport. Perhaps they were trouble worth more attention, on that matter he agreed with Zepheros. But then he convinced himself otherwise.

"The fleshlings seem unaware of nature, Zepheros. They're wielding these weapons that shoot death, be that as it may. But in the end they're as fragile as cublings to the breast of their mother. They've claimed but a little part of our homeland, and they're weak as it is. I see them trying to survive, and if they are to survive on our land..." he paused, his grin long gone. "The sea's gonna help them." The implication was strong in the word sea.

Uneasiness took Zeph over the truth made its way into their minds. "Either way, we shouldn't dig our own graves," Zepheros started with small gulp of uncertainty, "But what you said is undeniable. If the Ruber tribe has the golden opportunity to destroy us, they might as well help these 'fleshlings', like you just said. Still, a couple of things do make me wonder..."

The Staraptor spun around and looked south, picturing the watery tribe within his mind. "If memory serves me right, Aecor hasn't exactly started any wars before. To be honest...our tribe have always been the offensive. If you, Lordus, were leader of the tribe," Zeph met his gaze and continued with his question. "What would you do about this matter, then? It feels like we're playing 'cat and mouse' blindfolded, don't you think?"

Lordus threw back his head, roaring his raspy, coarse laughter to the skies. It took him three seconds to stop, all the while grabbing the belts around his thick waist. "Me? Leader? Ah... no." His otherwise stony face did have the slightest hint of amusement, though. He looked down upon Zepheros, leaning forward as if not to be heard by anyone but him. "That's treason you speak of, Zepheros. T'least it might sound so in the wrong ears. Our leader is still alive and well... though he might be short a head soon after this meeting." To answer your question, feathered lad... "I'd strike first. The dagger at the throat from the shadows thinks it given that it's taking the man it's pointed at unawares... I'd make them bloody sure they remembered that mistake, was I the leader."

"It's not treason when it's only a couple of 'what ifs'," Zeph defended himself, smiling back by just a little bit. "And it's also a little risky to strike when we don't know what shenanigans they can pull off, don't you think? When the time is right, maybe, but not now. Either way, it's still better than Adamantius' 'plans'. I can give you that." It's always good to have someone who could talk to you about wartime tactics; exchanging viewpoints and perspectives had always been pretty fun.

Risks were something Lordus would gladly take, however, and the Haxorus had to silently disagree with his ally - he just didn't say that part out loud. He nodded simply and looked toward the square. "I'd get us to hear what they have to tell us, before speaking further of war. Rather let us be informed."

Zepheros agreed and turned towards the buzzing crowd, using his talons to maintain his balance while walking on the sand. "Let us see if Trevalyn has something worth listening to then."

On the way, the Staraptor went past a familiar Dragonair who seemed to be standing there alone for the time being. What's her name again...? Aurora or something? Realizing that this was a good spot for the meeting, he decided to stand beside her and waited calmly for the briefing to begin.

(WALL OF TEXTTTTTTTTTTTT. Oh well it's a good read xD)​

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Lt. Damien Pierce
Steelport North exit.

"O you're a Merc then too huh? Honestly my "mercenary group" is just me, myself, and I. I'm not even sure if I qualify as a mercenary in the way you're used to. More of a hit man… most of my previous work has been for those with… shady operations I guess you could say. Anyway so see a shield and horsey and stay away… got it."

Damien sighed.

"No. I'm a L T in the Human Republic now. I used to be a merc like you. That's all behind me now, but I kept the armor, and the guns, and the other equipment. It's a lot better then the crap my present military force gives out..."

----
A little walky 'n talky later
----

Jacob fist bumped Damien back after leaving him hangin' for a few seconds. Jacob then went to do a funny looking explosion effect. Damien did not, instead laughing slightly at it.

"D-Don't ever do that again, man." He said in an entertained joking around voice.

Jacob went back to a serious tone.
"We will find your brother's killers and when we do the last thing that will go through their head will be a bullet,"

"Thank bro," Damien started, "It's good to know I'm not alone on my little 'mission'."

The duo stopped at what looked like a good spot for Nick to find them. It was open and in plain sight. If Nick couldn't find them, he was blind. Damien sat down and rested his gun on his lap, but kept a hold on the grip and his finger directly above the trigger. He took a quick gaze around for Nick. No where to be seen yet... great.

"And now we wait… so Damien was it? Do you have anyone or anything to return to after this possible war?"

Damien sighed and looked up at Jacob.

"I got family back in Sinnoh, they don't give a sh!t if I live or die though... I haven't seen them since I was 17, that's roughly 10 years ago... With my brother gone, all I really got left is my squad... I do have a nice house back home in Sinnoh though, so there's that!" Damien rambled on.

He took a breath. "Nick better get here soon, I feel impatient."

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
General Mikkelson
Slateport City Centre

Mikkelson heard the roar of the crowd as he began his speech. The crowd hushed as the General motioned them to quiet down.

" Then it is my duty as General of the Human Republic military to bring victory to the people, as your leader!," Mikkelson continued,

" We, as a nation, are young, valiant, and full of potential, and our history starts here," Mikkelson exclaimed, hearing the quiet support from the crowd,

" As a nation, how do we want that history to begin," Mikkelson asked the crowd rhetorically.

" As a nation, we want to go out and grab the victory from the cold, dead paws of the Pokemon that we, as a nation deserve," as Mikkelson spoke, he could feel the people start to rally behind the General.

" As a nation, we must show that the Human Republic can defeat its foes, and that anyone to tries to oppose the people will be defeated by the people," Mikkelson continued.

" As a nation, we must band together to purge the vile, barbaric pokemon threat from our lands, as these lands belong to the Human Republic, not to tribes of foul, barbaric freaks of nature," Mikkelson stated, referring to the pokemon as barbaric, as a way to turn the people against the enemy threat. Mikkelson thought most intelligent people would see through it, but the masses would be more likely to provide to the war effort.

" As a nation, we must plant the seeds of civilization into the barbaric lands of the enemy, and create everlasting prosperity for the Human Republic and to each and every citizen of this young, yet powerful nation," Mikkelson could feel the pride pulsating through his veins.

" I guarantee to all of you, as a nation, that I will execute justice upon the enemy for the death of Alexander Grahams, and I will bring you the swift victory that you deserve," Mikkelson promised the crowd.

" As a nation, each and every single one of us must devote a one-hundred percent effort in order to bring you, your families and your neighbours the victory that this great nation deserves," Mikkelson asked of the citizens.

" As a nation, we must take the fight to the enemy, and make them pay for what they have done to Alexander Grahams, and show them that the Human Republic is not to be trifled with, for we shall remove them from their tribal ways, and create human civilization all through this region, which I guarantee you, by the end of my time, will be as prosperous as and region in the world," Mikkelson exclaimed.

" As a nation, we must ask ourselves what we want out of this war, and I know the answer for each and every single one of you is victory," Mikkelson assumed.

" And bringing victory to the people is why I am here, to support the people's quest for victory and to avenge the death of the noble Alexander Grahams," Mikkelson stated, attempting to use the late leader of the HR as a martyr for the war effort.

" As a nation, we must show that the barbaric rituals of the pokemon can always be outmatched by human civilization and unity amongst the people," Mikkelson stated.

" As a nation, we must show the barbaric pokemon that even though they can take Alexander Grahams, they can not take you, your family, your spirit, or your freedom, and as long as we stand together, no threat can extinguish the fire in our hearts," Mikkelson ended his speech at that, and basked in the loud ovation over the General's speech. Mikkelson saluted the crowd, then walked off the stage, shaking every single hand that reached out to him.

After giving the people one last wave, Mikkelson returned to his convoy, a convoy that would return him to the HR "Capital Building" to plan out his first move, and execute it quickly, as he knew he needed to use the morale gained from the speech.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Aurora ~ Lavaridge
Aurora sighed at Tray's response and couldn't help but mumble. "War is natural for those who fight it. Not for those who chose to stay out of the chaos." She watched as he walked away from them, nonchalantly, and headed towards the town square. Aurora shook her head and returned her attention to Lordus who called out to Tray as he walked off. "I'll be sure to hear you announce we're having war and that it's nothing out of the ordinary," his voice trailed off as he glared the Blaziken down. "It's sad that we are reduced to this. We are nothing more but tools of war now." Aurora stated, not directing the comment towards anyone. She noticed Lordus turned his back towards her. "War is ordinary, according to this lad. Might be he thinks it's a game, too, but he'll soon learn, I wager. You'll have to pardon me, lady." He spoke to her as rudely as he ever was and departed. Aurora couldn't help but giggle as his impoliteness brought back memories from when they first met. It was so long ago but yet seemed like it only happened yesterday. Aurora eyed the strong dragon as he walked away. His handsome features brought a slight blush to her cheeks. She wasn't one to fall for someone so easily but Lordus was different. There was something about him that drew her to him, although she wouldn't be the first one to admit such a thing. Lordus's coarse laugh reached her ears shortly after. He had a laugh that anyone could pick out in a room packed full of Pokemon. Aurora was about to close in on the square when a Staraptor landed softly beside her. She glanced at the Pokemon and recognized him as a friend of Lordus's. She had seen him with Lordus on quite a few occasions. His name was Zepheros. "It looks like they are sending out a team to talk with the Ruber Tribe." Aurora coiled her body and mumbled to him almost as if she was trying to decide to go or not. "Are you going to go?" She finally turned to Zeph and addressed him personally.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
"Impatient already? I'm guessing assassination wasn't one of your strong points," teased Jacob as he checked out his surroundings. He then added, "Why be so rushed? For all we know we could be going to our deaths so why hurry there. Just enjoy…" Just then the loud speakers started to loudly project the new general's speech.

Jacob suddenly had a change of heart now that the speech had started and he half yelled over the speakers, "You're right where the **** is that Nick character?" However by the time the General finished his speech Nick still wasn't there.

Forced to listen to the speech Jacob dissected it in his mind as the man spoke. It was definitely a hate filled speech meant to demonize the enemy while justifying the invasion of this land. Jacob noted the focus on the beaten into the ground "fact" that the Pokemon were barbarians, but his question was 'were they barbarians or were the invading humans the barbarians?' Shrugging Jacob muttered out loud to himself, "Likely we both are."

After it was all over Jacob looked over at Damien with a serious face and said in a mockingly serious voice, "You heard the man we need to kill the Conans and take back this land we just found, but we obviously deserve since we found it just laying out here in the middle of the ocean. Finders keepers you know." He his voice turned truly serious as he said, "Well it sounds like your commander has no intention of stopping even when we find and punish the ones who killed your brother and the others."

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
55372385.png

Zepheros
Lavaridge

The meeting still hadn't started yet. What was taking Trev so long? Even the crowd was getting impatient, letting out groans and sights as they waited and moved towards Mauville as a whole. Zeph didn't really complain though, as he could talk to other members of the tribe for the time being, especially Aurora now that they were drawn into conversation.

"It looks like they are sending out a team to talk with the Ruber Tribe," said the Dragonair beside him before turning towards the Staraptor. "Are you going to go?"

Zeph nodded and twirled around as well, allowing their eyes to meet each others'. Her purple eyes often seemed to be shimmering under the sun, even though when things were less hopeful than they had been. "Yes, I'm going, but not because I want to pick up a fight or anything. I just want to keep an eye on Adamantius and Trev, that's all. I need to know everything about them, including their little secrets..."

Secrets. There must had been something going on between those two, especially that strange Blaziken named Trevalyn. Either way, Zeph didn't like him. There was just something wrong about that guy, but somehow even the bird of prey couldn't pin down what it was.

"I believe we haven't really talked before," Zeph spoke softly with a slight dip of his head. The Staraptor could be a gentlebird when needed (except during battles)... "It's a pleasure to meet you...Aurora, am I right? However, it's a little sad to be meeting under these war-infested circumstances."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Lordus Rivendare
Caelurus
Lavaridge

He was in the fields, the outskirts of Lavaridge when he heard Adamantius speak.

"People of the humble Caerulus Tribe! In exactly 10 minutes we shall depart for Mauville City, for a meeting with the Ruber Tribe concerning the Human war!"

'Humble'. The word struck out to Lordus when Adamantius spoke it out loud, a simple word that was enough to ignite a strong flame in his heart, the furious flame of anger. In a fit of rage, he let out a roar, staring down at the Aggron in the square of Lavaridge as if he was ready to vow for his death. The Caelurus Tribe, humble? Is that what he think us like? The Caelurus were the Pokemon of the land, the land which unleashed its fury with volcanic explosions. They were the masters of earth, the pride of the land, and their own leader thought them humble?

The crowds stirred at first, then chaos ensued as all of them were hurrying towards the hills where Lordus was standing. It was about time he talked to Aurora; almost forgotten he'd have to go to Mauville, he walked furiously over the grass to the Dragonair, his face seething with his contained anger. She'd quickly be lost among the departing Pokemon if he didn't hurry; his pace quickened, his heavy feet sinking in the grass.

"Aurora, you're coming with me," he said, stopping a few feet away before noticing Zepheros next to her. He eyed him carefully. "You, too, if you fancy."

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Kip
Mossdeep City

"TherearetoomanyvariablesallatplaceherewehavenoideawhatwillhapenthereandthusIcan'tfigureoutwhattoplan! Ihavethehighfeelingthatthisisalsoatrapandwitheachandeverysingleimportantpokemoninourtribegoingthenwe'llbekilledoffquiteeasily! Sirifwegotherewithoutanystrategythenwe'realldoomed!" One long breath and one long rant was what Penance managed. Both Aecor and Kip were left speechless for a brief moment, trying to comprehend what the Golduck had just spit out.

"Wow... calm down man, take a breath! The last thing we want is an anxiety attack and a twitching Golduck at our feet!" Kip said, with almost a hostile tone in his voice. This was always how he worked around Aecor, as if all his confidence seemed to magically disappear when outside his range.

"Now now, Kip. Give the man a chance." Aecor scolded gently, then motioned for Penance to continue, slowly this time.

"Sir... we need a plan. A strategy, a theorem. Anything actually! I need some time before we go! If we don't plan then the worst possible things could happen! Sir, we need to sit down and think about this. If we don't it could cost our tribe dearly. I can get some quick tactics together, but time needs to bought. Can you prolong the meeting in some way?"

Aecor raised his hand to make him stop. "We cannot prolong this meet. It may end up angering the Caerulus tribe, and that's the last thing we want with the human threat constantly looming overhead." Aecor smiled, helping to change the mood, "Besides, I already have a plan, and it's already in motion. All you need to do to help us is get ready to leave for Mauville. We leave in 15 minutes."

Kip interrupted Aecor, whispering into his ear, "Or, sir, we can leave now. The plan has been initiated and most of our tribe members are ready."

Aecor considered this for a moment, then nodded. "Alright. We'll leave. It's a long way to Mauville from here, but if we leave right now we should be able to reach on time. The currents are strong and fast, all land dwellers in our tribe can ride on the back of us. We shall depart right now!" Aecor said, and it was clear that he was looking forward to this meeting with some sort of enthusiasm, which certainly unnerved Kip to a certain degree. "We'll meet at the eastern exit of the town, get the Pokemon, Kip."

"Alright people, you heard Aecor, let's go, move towards the eastern exit!" Kip immediately yelled, happy to be in charge. "We're leaving the city through the water routes, all land dwellers shall travel on the back of all sea Pokemon!"

At the eastern exit, Aecor sighed. "Even I haven't heard more vague instructions than those... Seems like it's up to me to form the plan again..."

Trevalyn
Lavaridge Town

"We ready to leave now, Adam?" Tray asked casually.

His question was met with silence. Looking at Adamantius's expression, he was deep in thought. Tray was about to ask him again, when the answer suddenly came, "...Yes. Collect the at the gate, I will meet you there."

Tray, caught off guard by the answer, shrugged and nodded, and then stepped into the center of the square. "Pokemon who wish to leave for the journey! Proceed to the western entrance of the town!" He closed his eyes, and pushed his way through the crowd towards Adamantius at the west entrance.

A group of Pokemon had already gathered there, holding their supplies and the sight of weapons in some of their hands discouraged Tray. He was hoping for the meeting to be peaceful, honestly, but there was no stopping Caerulus tribe members from bringing weapons to the meeting. He simply sighed, and listened to how Adam was addressing the crowd.

"Since not all of us can fly, it will take us about half an hour on foot to get to Mauvile because of the steep cliff here." He pointed to the drops in front of him, and a thin path carved into the rock. "We will follow the route, while the Flight Pokemon shall go ahead and scout Mauville ahead of us from the sky. The rest of us, let's start moving!" He clapped his hands, and started to move towards Route 112.

Nicolas
Slateport, Northern Entrance

Nicolas arrived at the entrance slightly late himself, being occupied by some minor administrative concerns. He could hear Mikkelson's speech back at the stage, but he didn't distract himself by listening to it, though the cheer by the crowd was deafening.

He saw both Jacob and Damien already there, deep in conversation. Punctuality, already encouraging for Nicolas. "Hi, sorry for being a bit late, got stuck by some people asking about something. But that's not important for now." He said, shrugging.

Nicolas pulled out a map from a backpack he had picked up at camp, and spread it out on the ground. It was a overhead snapshot of the area north of Slateport, and it showed a sort of a Pokemon settlement north of the HR camp. He pointed at the road towards this alien settlement, and addressed his two members present, "Clarke already knows about this, so I'll go ahead with briefing you about the mission. See this road here? We're supposed to see what it holds. Before the attack on Grahams camp, it was empty, but after the attack, I have a bit of a reason to assume that this road is now bustling with activity, from the Pokemon from this place here," He pointed at the settlement, "And we have to see what this road leads to. We will continue on until we reach the settle, but we will NOT engage in any sort of fighting. The orders are clear, only observe. Shooting should be the absolute last resort. Is that clear? Good." Nicolas wasn't used to people asking questions, so he got up even before he gave his two team members any chance of asking any questions.

"Alright, let's move out! We're going out on foot."

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum - Mossdeep

Penance was actually taken by surprise... and then by a bit of anger. Aecor had already made a plan... WITHOUT HIM!? It was taking all of Penance's energy to not burst into shouting right there. They already had a plan, then who was in on it? It seemed that Kip fellow was always close to the Kingdra, did it mean he knew about it? How about that guy over there? Did he know? Or that pokemon over there? Penance was feeling rather let down at this point, though he forced himself to stay calm and obediently nod his head. "O-Of course Aecor." He said. Not wanting his instincts to get the best of him he quickly walked off. He still needed some supplies to get so he quickly headed over to his small shack, nothing that great actually and snagged his satchel that could hold a few berries. If Aecor did have something planned then this whole meeting could very well crumble around him and he could get caught in the cross fire.

It was in the safety of his own shack that he finally let loose his anger. He grabbed hold of a rock with his Confusion and hurled it against one of his walls. He then gripped the rock tightly with his mind until it shattered into several pieces. He took in several deep breaths as the rock fragments fell to the ground. He felt a bit better... but not by much. Penance rubbed his forehead and briskly snapped his satchel around his bicep and walked back out. This time he moved about the crowd till he managed to come across Alicia right there in the square. He grabbed hold of her and bent her down to his level.

"Alicia." He whispered to her. "There is a plan going on, one I am not a part of. I need you to be ready for anything. Don't say anything to anyone. Just get ready for anything to happen. That damn Aecor forgets that the best laid plans of Pichus and Miccinos always go awry! I just have a feeling this plan of his will fail... if that happens I want you to teleport back here. If anything goes wrong just port you got it? I hightly doubt more than half the tribe coming with us knows. If they don't know the plan then that just means there will be more people in the way and clueless about what to do. I'll try and get some plans together... hopefully in the time it takes us to get there. Just link your mind up with mine, we'll be speaking that way from here on out. Find a good seat and I'll see you in the water."

He patted her shoulder and walked toward where the others were heading. The thing that was bothering him was the fact that he had purposefully been kept out of this plan. Aecor knew how great of a tactician he was! Still... he hoped this plan would work. If it didn't... well, that would mean the end of the Ruber tribe then.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
282MS.png
Alicia - Mossdeep City

Alicia was busy helping a Wartortle getting a backpack over his shell as Penance suddenly grabbed her by the arm and spun her around, making her blink in surprise and confusion. As she was bent a little forwards, she realized it was just her friend, but stayed quiet as he explained what was going on. Several times, she opened her mouth to say something, but shut it again as he continued speaking. At his plan of her teleporting back to Mossdeep if anything went wrong, her brows furrowed and a little frown tinged her lips, but she still didn't say anything. The only thing that came over her lips, was when Penance was just about to head off and do... well, whatever Penance did.

"... Alright Pen'."

Alicia was suddenly rather worried about what might happen. Penance always obsessed about knowing everything about everything, otherwise he'd just go completely nuts and not be able to think straight. He had to know all the factors, or at least most of them, and being kept out of the loop must've felt pretty bad for him. She sighed quietly and checked over the items in her satchel again, making sure everything was there.

There wasn't much she could do right now, but she trusted Penance without a doubt, and she'd be ready if something happened. She started thinking about what might happen if she had to choose between Penance and the tribe... but no. She shook her head, sighing deeply as she made her way across the square, towards the Pokémon gathered around Aecor, clearing her mind of all thoughts and taking several, deep breaths, like her mother had taught her. A good psychic has her mental condition under control.

As she arrived at the group, she gave a little smile to the gathered.

"I'm ready to head out whenever you are."

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
Mossdeep City

Shadow was kind of surprised that he was ignored by Aecor... but then again he was busy with Penance... and the Umbreon had often ignored the calls for a tribal meeting it was only fit that he was therefor ignored. so he simply listened to Aecor. when he got the chance he asked, "just out of curiosity Aecor... what is the plan exactly?..." then he bowed his head, "I must apologize for my ignoring the meetings... I have relatively no excuse for my absence... and for that I'm truly sorry." his tone taking a humble and respectful tone.

Then a Gardevoir approached, as she approached Shadow's voice fell silent, "I'm ready to head out whenever you are." she said. Shadow turned his head to look at his team, once he made eye contact with Disaster the Absol quickly came to Shadow's side.

"what's your will Son of Suicune?" the Absol asked in a slightly hushed tone.

"get the team to the Eastern part of the city, we need to be ready to depart within the next fifteen minutes. On Aecor's orders." the Umbreon stated in the same type tone.

"Right away." the Absol stated returning to the rest of the group and relaying the orders. The group left for the east end of the city while Shadow remained with Aecor... his own mind thinking of a variety of possibilities. possibly peace between the tribes... possibly war on two fronts.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Aurora Lordus
Joint Post
Lavaridge & Route 112

Aurora's attention was drawn to the few Pokemon that frantically ran past them before returning her gaze to Zepheros. "Yes, I'm going, but not because I want to pick up a fight or anything. I just want to keep an eye on Adamantius and Trev, that's all. I need to know everything about them, including their little secrets....I believe we haven't really talked before," Zeph spoke softly bowing his head. "It's a pleasure to meet you...Aurora, am I right? However, it's a little sad to be meeting under these war-infested circumstances."

"Secrets?" Aurora questioned but shrugged it off. Everyone has secrets so it is just natural for the leaders to have their own. But what did this Pokemon mean when he said he wanted to know everything about them? Did he know something the others did not? "It's a pleasure to meet you too." She said with a smile. "It is sad but this is apparently the world we live in now." Aurora let out a deep sigh as she noticed the group of adventures gathering back at the square.

Just then a loud roar echoed through the village. Aurora uncoiled her long body and flew up a few feet to look in the direction of the bellowing roar. She could make out Lordus's figure as he stormed towards them. Aurora couldn't help but giggle as she recoiled her body and waited for him. It was evident that he was angered by the situation. Aurora could see it plastered all over his face. "Aurora, you're coming with me," Lordus said, stopping a few feet away before noticing Zepheros, eyeing him carefully. "You, too, if you fancy." His anger didn't surprise her though. She uncoiled her body once again and flew around Lordus, circling him a few times before stopping in front of him. "Where are we going? Are we headed to Mauville also?"

He nodded quietly and gestured his head as to make her follow, then turned around. He saw the people of Lavaridge going east over the ledges, to Route 112. We'd best hurry, he thought and started moving.

Aurora watched him curiously for a bit before finally following him. "Bye!" She called back to Zepheros before catching up to Lordus. "So we are going with no supplies? Hehe." She giggled trying to get Lordus to lighten up.

He was planning to be angry, he was going to tell her that Adamantius had called their tribe 'humble'. But looking at her beautiful figure, he couldn't help but feel calm. "If you're any worried about eating, I'll catch some fast food for you." He concealed his grin with his hand.

Aurora laughed as she floated beside him. "Fast food huh? My, my Lordus you certainly know how to treat a woman." She grinned at him and circled around him once again before returning to his side. She couldn't help but shake her head as she continued to quietly giggle. "So what were you upset about this time?" Aurora smiled at the Haxorus.

The sound of her giggles was welcome, somehow. If it wasn't Aurora, Lordus would have made them shut their mouth already, he was that irritated by loud, pointless noise. The kind of sound the crowd nearby was making. But what unsettled him even more was her smile… even though it was settling as well at the same time. He wasn't sure how he felt about it.

"Adamantius said we're humble… we, of the Caelurus, humble. I'll show these frogs how humble I am soon enough." Just speaking of it made him frown, his blue eyes flashing with contained fury. He exhaled his fury.

"Isn't it better to be known as humble instead of exalted?" Aurora cocked her head to the side as she watched him. "Besides, being humble isn't a weakness. It teaches us a very important lesson in life. It shows us that those of humble beginnings, as well as those who are humble, have a happier and greater following than exalted rulers. I, for once, would prefer to have a humble leader."

She could understand how this could upset Lordus. He was used to being superior in strength, both emotionally and physically, and the thought of being humble towards anyone was a hard thing to find in him. He was taught and raised to be a strong warrior. Aurora gave him another gentle smile as he tried to extinguish the fury that was inside him.

He stared at her, seething. "Being bold is how you prevail in nature, on the land. By being humble, you become easy prey. I will not bow my head, knowing that I could be the one who gets to bow theirs." But she said something about having a humble leader… he didn't like that. She was smiling, though, the Dragonair was smiling… they got past the ledges, crossing through the trees of Route 112. There was a shortcut through the mountains, Lordus knew. The change of direction would rid him of the view of the crowd, and he could finally be alone with Aurora… but then what?

"What if I was the leader of the tribe, then?" He turned to look at her, grinning victoriously. "You wouldn't like that. You know me."

Aurora was a little taken back by his answer. She didn't expect her response to reignite his fury. A few moments of silence passed as she thought about his response. "You are correct about the strong being the ones to survive but you missed the entire point. Just because one is strong doesn't mean that they should flaunt it and take those weaker than them for granted. You were once one of those weaker beings you so boldly call out. Now look at you. Look at how strong you've become. Those same humble Pokemon may one day grow to become even stronger than you. Then where would you be? You would be known as the glorious ruler who looked down on the weak and be would treated as such. Having some humility makes one well rounded…..not weak."

Aurora's smiled faded by the end of her speech. This was something she took seriously and would defend no matter who her opponent was. Even if it meant standing up to Lordus and his wrath. Aurora shook her head again as if to toss the conversation to the side. "As for you being the leader….I do know you and I know that you wouldn't toss Pokemon's lives around so carelessly. They mean more to you than you let on. Besides……I'd be around to keep you in line." The same teasing smile she used to give him when they were kids appeared on her face as she finished her sentence.

Lordus shook his head, tightening his mouth. They were much different, he could see. Convictions is what separated the Pokemon of Hoenn into two different tribes. He was now seeing Aurora fit more to Ruber tribe… though they both knew it was they who killed her family. He was in no mood to admit that perhaps she was right. Even if she was, he would still be proud of being the Pokemon he was. He let the thought linger on, for a bit, then looked upon her. She was smiling, teasingly this time, but that didn't quite provoke him. "You'd be around to keep me in line," he repeated, his expression turning wicked. "You, how?"

Aurora ignored the wicked expression that adorned his face and calmly responded to him. "Who knows? I've stuck around you this long already. Who says I won't still be around in the future? Unless…..you plan on killing me or something?" She looked at him curiously and moved in front of him to block his path. Aurora knew the answer to her own question but couldn't pass up the opportunity to hear him state the answer.

Last edited:
Back