The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Olli

Do you think tough/scaly dragon Pokémon are still cuddly enough?

While the majority of the dragon Pokemon's designs are of ferocious dragons, looking ready to wreck havoc in any place they go, there's one single line of Dragon types that I've never gotten that impression of, which, obviously, is the Dratini line. I mean, Pokemon like Axew and I guess Trapinch are also cute enough, but they're both the first in their evolutionary lines, and Axew is, afaik, a baby Pokemon, so no wonder they're made cute. With the Dratini line however, I don't find any of them scary in any way. Dratini couldn't scare a Rattata no matter how hard it tried, and Dragonair is just simply beautiful. It changes quite a bit when we reach Dragonite, however the look in its eyes is just so dopy, I couldn't possibly be intimidated by that thing. In the anime appearances it has shown its ferocious dragon side, though I tend to seperate stuff in the anime and stuff in the games, so I don't really want to include that.

But yeah, I think Dragon types can be cuddly :p
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post

While the majority of the dragon Pokemon's designs are of ferocious dragons, looking ready to wreck havoc in any place they go, there's one single line of Dragon types that I've never gotten that impression of, which, obviously, is the Dratini line. I mean, Pokemon like Axew and I guess Trapinch are also cute enough, but they're both the first in their evolutionary lines, and Axew is, afaik, a baby Pokemon, so no wonder they're made cute. With the Dratini line however, I don't find any of them scary in any way. Dratini couldn't scare a Rattata no matter how hard it tried, and Dragonair is just simply beautiful. It changes quite a bit when we reach Dragonite, however the look in its eyes is just so dopy, I couldn't possibly be intimidated by that thing. In the anime appearances it has shown its ferocious dragon side, though I tend to seperate stuff in the anime and stuff in the games, so I don't really want to include that.

But yeah, I think Dragon types can be cuddly :p

Hehe, cuddly, huh? Sometimes I even think Druddigon and the like can be something rather... funny and you just can't help but want to give them a nice hug (Rough Skin notwithstanding).
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:57 PM
LucarioElectivireDuo
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Hello everyone! Does anyone mind if I join? My preferred Dragon Pokemon whom I must have on my team are Dragonite, and Flygon.

Dragonite, since the original games, has always been such an honor to have on my team. The final evolution original Dragon Pokemon family. I have always been impressed with this Pokemon. Not to mention the fact that Dragonite is capable of Learning all six Unova HM's. I believe the only other Pokemon capable of that is Mew!

Now, the reason I admire Flygon is perhaps due to the fact that it is doesn't look like much when starting out as a Trapinch. But when you look into it through details. It's really something to raise a Flygon from a Trapinch. With proper care, you can have one strong and powerful Flygon :D

Despite my favorite Pokemon being Non-Dragon Pokemon (as evidence of my username), My favorite Type is the Dragon Type. They are just so rare being that there are only EIGHT Pure Dragon Pokemon (regardless of the fact that some of them lose their Pure status after evolving). And not to mention their power. We can all agree that Dragon Pokemon are a force to be reckoned with.
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:10 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
Answering Topic Question: Do you think tough/scaly dragon Pokémon are still cuddly enough?

Daaaaww!! Luv this Topic~

Well basing this topic on my beloved Druddigon, I'd say yea most definitely! Dragons not only imposing and intelligent, can indefinitely being cuddly, trusting, and kind to its trainer. Even with Druddigon's ruff edges, its whats on the inside that counts the most. And if it loved you enough, it would show it too, as Dragon pokemon tend to be one of the most loyal when a bond is formed.
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:09 AM
ChocolateCrunch
Not an old man. x]

-pokes Twiggy to death- May I become a member again in this club? I was a member as Icy Burn but then changed accounts. c; I might change some of my details a bit, but I'm not really decided yet.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM
LucarioElectivireDuo
Pokémon Trainer

To us, of course. We aren't Dragon lovers for nothing, right? Other's... not so much. Give them an Axew or a Dratini, sure. But when it comes to one like Salamence or Druddigon, watch out! But in all seriousness, and given MY point of view on Dragon Pkmn, I'd have to say yes.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCrunch View Post
-pokes Twiggy to death- May I become a member again in this club? I was a member as Icy Burn but then changed accounts. c; I might change some of my details a bit, but I'm not really decided yet.
Sure, why not? Do you think it's OK if I changed your "name" there right away?

Seems like I really should try to recheck members... If anyone's not listed, post about it. :3

Oh, and by the way, I figure that we should have a new topic, but before that...

I sometimes just want to cuddle a Hydreigon :3 Even when I know that it'll probably eat me.

Have you ever been interested in non-Pokémon dragons?
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:08 PM
ChocolateCrunch
Not an old man. x]

Sure, change it as soon as you can! Also, topic! :D

Kind of, yeah. Usually I read about hen in books or on kids TV when I was younger, so I was kinda interested.
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
Name: synerjee

2 Partner Pokèmon: Hydreigon and Latias

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon tamer?
Dragon Pokemon are so far one of the strongest types around. They always give a huge power boost to any team and thus makes a great choice for a team member. You gotta love these tough, buff Pokemon! xD <3

Current topic: Have you ever been interested in non-Pokémon dragons?
Yupp, definitely! I've read books with dragons in them such as Dragon Rider and thought them to be awesome mystical creatures. I've always loved their mysterious qualities and how powerful they are.
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Name: Seraphimon-sama
Your Trainer: Sinnoh Champion Cynthia
2 Partner Pokemon: Latias and Garchomp
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragons are my second favorite type.
Currrent Topic: Personally, I believe that Alduin, from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, is the perfect dragon. He/she/it is really powerful, can raise other dragons from the dead, can destroy an entire town in one attack, and can travel to Sovngarde (basically Heaven) and devour the souls of the dearly departed.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Torrentblade
Bring on the flood.

Nature: Timid
hi i would like to join because on my platinum version i refused to play anymore of the story until i found a gible....
my favourite dragon types are: Latios, arceus (draco plate), garchomp and.....um.....umm......erh.........Giratina origin forme!

Adopt a pokemon at virtuadopt.com.
and, this Is Trashtench. The evolved form of garbodor...
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCrunch View Post
Sure, change it as soon as you can! Also, topic! :D

Kind of, yeah. Usually I read about hen in books or on kids TV when I was younger, so I was kinda interested.
Duly noted.

I think it's probably mostly in my imagination, to be honest, but I think I got myself into all this during the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
Name: synerjee

2 Partner Pokèmon: Hydreigon and Latias

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon tamer?
Dragon Pokemon are so far one of the strongest types around. They always give a huge power boost to any team and thus makes a great choice for a team member. You gotta love these tough, buff Pokemon! xD <3

Current topic: Have you ever been interested in non-Pokémon dragons?
Yupp, definitely! I've read books with dragons in them such as Dragon Rider and thought them to be awesome mystical creatures. I've always loved their mysterious qualities and how powerful they are.
And sometimes, how cuddly. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Name: Seraphimon-sama
Your Trainer: Sinnoh Champion Cynthia
2 Partner Pokemon: Latias and Garchomp
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragons are my second favorite type.
Currrent Topic: Personally, I believe that Alduin, from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, is the perfect dragon. He/she/it is really powerful, can raise other dragons from the dead, can destroy an entire town in one attack, and can travel to Sovngarde (basically Heaven) and devour the souls of the dearly departed.
You know, respect and all for Alduin, but... Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I prefer my dragons cuddly? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrentblade View Post
hi i would like to join because on my platinum version i refused to play anymore of the story until i found a gible....
my favourite dragon types are: Latios, arceus (draco plate), garchomp and.....um.....umm......erh.........Giratina origin forme!
Welcome to the Dragon Pokémon Club :3

Oh, and...

Might want to answer this topic right here, which, is... Have you ever been interested in non-Pokémon dragons?

That should be simple, no? Looking forward to seeing you again both here and in the other club.
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Torrentblade
Bring on the flood.

Nature: Timid
i am a huge fan of non-pokemon dragons! i go on a website called dragon cave everyday, it is where you can adopt and raise a dragon egg and use its BBcode in your signature!

Adopt a pokemon at virtuadopt.com.
and, this Is Trashtench. The evolved form of garbodor...
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Dark Scythe

joiningggg
Name: Dark Scythe
Fave Dragons: Garchomp, Haxorus, Charizard (I am allowed three right? right??)
Trainer: well I've always found Lance the most original, being the first.
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragons are one of my favourite type, up there with the dark types.
ANSWER TO TOPIC
I definitely like non pokemon dragons, they inspired pokemon dragons, remember? plus some would really make good pokemon like Toothless in How To Train Your Dragon and pretty much everything else in that movie. (Hookfang reminds me of charizard.)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE DARK TYPE FANCLUB!!!!! JOIN NOW IF U LUV DARK TYPES BY CLICKING THIS LINK
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=269125
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:24 PM
Twiggy
Slender snake

I probably should start reading up on stuff like this these days. And sorry for leaving the club out cold, guys! I guess I was getting quite... busy for some reason.

Maybe...

Being part of the "cute gang" in the show may or may not be a good thing. What do you think of Axew?
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:24 PM
LucarioElectivireDuo
Pokémon Trainer

What do I think of Axew? I think it is a very good Dragon Pokemon--Pokemon in general as of matter of fact. I love how it's evolution is all Pure Dragon type. Only evolutionary line to be so. Of course if has lowest Sp. Attack of all Dragon Pokemon, But It does not mean it can't be powerful. ESPECIALLY once it evolves. Not to mention it ends up having the highest Attack out of ALL non-legendary Dragons once it reaches evolution into a Haxorus. Simply a must have in your team. Axew is as well as my favorite Pokemon in Generation 5. Regardless of the fact that it's owned by a main character. 9/10 in my opinion as a Die-Hard Pokemon fan.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:49 PM
PrinceSnivy
Royalty at its best.

Nature: Calm
Twiggy you are so awesome!

Me: PrinceSnivy

My Dragon Type Pals: Salamance and Rayquaza.

Ever since I was born, Rayquaza watched over me as I grew into a handsome young prince. He would never tire of entertaining me and teaching me the art of battle so that if the need arose, I could fight. Salamence was my father's advisor. Emperor Serpeirior often had his hands full, and needed a comforting hand or a word of wisdom.

Sponsored Links