The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8600 View Post
My date and time has been stuck on Sunday at 5:26 for hours possibly the whole time. it makes catching night only pokemon impossible. is the day night system not fully in place?
Check that your real-time clock is turned on in your emulator, mebbe?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 10th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8600 View Post
My date and time has been stuck on Sunday at 5:26 for hours possibly the whole time. it makes catching night only pokemon impossible. is the day night system not fully in place?
Are you sure that you have the latest version? I remember Diego fixing this problem.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Flame999

Nature: Calm
this hack is good and I play it on my phone and the tiles bring back some memories of Siver/Gold like with the headbutt trees but I'm only at Violet City so far
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites
- New Map for Hoenn (replace Sevii islands)
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Gym leaders
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Elite four and Champions

Old March 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM
icecool86

So how far does this hack go
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:38 PM
TruePunk79

First off, I just wanna say I love your hack. But the way the time works just isn't the same as in Crystal. If you want it to be more accurate, I would recommend removing the dark tint you added for evening. It just looks like someone turned down the brightness setting. Doesn't look to good imo. Morning, day, and night all look amazing though. Just that evening.. oohh.
Also in gen II, night starts at 6:00 PM. You had it set so evening began at 5:00 which is a little early, I think. Night should start where you have it, it's perfectly fine. Just that evening seems kind of unnecessary.

I understand that you're probably busy at the time, but please just consider these changes. It would make the hack so much more like Crystal (better, too!) and maybe adding Phanpy on Route 46 and Hoothoot on Route 29? :D
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:34 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruePunk79 View Post
First off, I just wanna say I love your hack. But the way the time works just isn't the same as in Crystal. If you want it to be more accurate, I would recommend removing the dark tint you added for evening. It just looks like someone turned down the brightness setting. Doesn't look to good imo. Morning, day, and night all look amazing though. Just that evening.. oohh.
Also in gen II, night starts at 6:00 PM. You had it set so evening began at 5:00 which is a little early, I think. Night should start where you have it, it's perfectly fine. Just that evening seems kind of unnecessary.

I understand that you're probably busy at the time, but please just consider these changes. It would make the hack so much more like Crystal (better, too!) and maybe adding Phanpy on Route 46 and Hoothoot on Route 29? :D
Hey it is a fan based hack and adding something cool does not spoils it's original thing. I say Diego deserves more than this

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecool86 View Post
So how far does this hack go
The Hack finishes after you beat Lance in Indigo Headquarters.......

Last edited by alienhunterx; March 13th, 2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:01 PM
TruePunk79

[QUOTE=alienhunterx;7579912]Hey it is a fan based hack and adding something cool does not spoils it's original thing. I say Diego deserves more than this

I don't mean to insult Diego at all, this is a great hack! This is the best gen II remake I've seen (even surpassing Liquid Crystal) I just think the evening doesn't look very good. That is just what I think.
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Reaper716

first of all,i really love your hack about crystal version.Support u to keep go on~
i find some bugs which hope you can fix it
1: the phone card doesn't work, i can't register on it and never receive call
2: i can't fish any pokemon in olivine city wharf with any rod;it should have Chinchou,Tentacool and Tentacruel
Come on and keep going!
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM
jgraves08
Unhatched Egg

can anyone tell me when things like graveler and haunter evolve? tahnk you
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Reaper716

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraves08 View Post
graveler and haunter both evolve by trade
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
lets skip the shining opal and finish this first. we all want it!
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:25 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
I am sure Graveler evolves around Lv 40-45 in this hack while Haunter may evolve through Moon Stone in CrystalDust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper716 View Post
graveler and haunter both evolve by trade
No, I have to correct you. This is a hack man not an original ROM so all the Gen 3 pokes are available here who either evolve through Stones or through leveling up

Last edited by alienhunterx; March 17th, 2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Reaper716

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I am sure Graveler evolves around Lv 40-45 in this hack while Haunter may evolve through Moon Stone in CrystalDust

No, I have to correct you. This is a hack man not an original ROM so all the Gen 3 pokes are available here who either evolve through Stones or through leveling up
i am sorry to mislead him. Thanks for your correction
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:02 AM
nomi1993a
Nauman Nasir

how to get hm surf,rock smash and strength., iam currently on gyarados event how to pass it i neither have surf nor strength plz help
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Krusty Krab Pizza
Unhatched Egg

Is it possible for you to make the date/time customize-able? You see, I foolishly picked Sunday when MOM asked what day it was, and now it is always Sunday. This is inconvenient because I do not have access to the Bug Catching Contest, the Move Tutor, and all other events that don't happen on Sunday.

I know you are trying to make an exact replica of Crystal, but why not correct some the original game's faults? For example, Houndoom is only catchable in the Kanto region. I have no clue why they would have a JOHTO Pokemon exclusively in the KANTO region. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure you know of a few other faults.

P.S. Fantastic job on the music. I played SoulSilver and their music SUCKS compared to yours. Seriously, on the replayable scale, the music is 10 for 10.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomi1993a View Post
how to get hm surf,rock smash and strength., iam currently on gyarados event how to pass it i neither have surf nor strength plz help
get surf from the city with the burned building. there is a KIMONO house. talk to the guy inside of it. then use surf and surf to the bottom left corner of the map to the island and beat the gym leader and his wife will give u strength. man, my brain is dead.
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:43 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty Krab Pizza View Post
Is it possible for you to make the date/time customize-able? You see, I foolishly picked Sunday when MOM asked what day it was, and now it is always Sunday. This is inconvenient because I do not have access to the Bug Catching Contest, the Move Tutor, and all other events that don't happen on Sunday.

I know you are trying to make an exact replica of Crystal, but why not correct some the original game's faults? For example, Houndoom is only catchable in the Kanto region. I have no clue why they would have a JOHTO Pokemon exclusively in the KANTO region. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure you know of a few other faults.

P.S. Fantastic job on the music. I played SoulSilver and their music SUCKS compared to yours. Seriously, on the replayable scale, the music is 10 for 10.
Check your emulator's settings and see whether that Real Time Clock is enabled or not.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:11 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Long time no speak. The hack has come a long way since we last spoke!

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:45 AM
nomi1993a
Nauman Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
get surf from the city with the burned building. there is a KIMONO house. talk to the guy inside of it. then use surf and surf to the bottom left corner of the map to the island and beat the gym leader and his wife will give u strength. man, my brain is dead.
Hey dude thanx 4 the reply, 1 more thing i need to ask that where should i find, dratini,bagon, deino, larvitar and beldrum if u knw any of them plz let me knw thanx in advance
Currently iam in blackthorn city
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Krusty Krab Pizza
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Check your emulator's settings and see whether that Real Time Clock is enabled or not.
The RTC is enabled. The time changes but the day does not. I just think it would be extremely convenient for us, Pokefans, to be able to change the date/time to fit our individual needs.

It would definitely be a distinguishing feature for this crystal hack. More people would want to play this one over others such as Liquid Crystal.
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:35 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty Krab Pizza View Post
The RTC is enabled. The time changes but the day does not. I just think it would be extremely convenient for us, Pokefans, to be able to change the date/time to fit our individual needs.

It would definitely be a distinguishing feature for this crystal hack. More people would want to play this one over others such as Liquid Crystal.
Then simply un check it and then see the result after
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:57 PM
nomi1993a
Nauman Nasir

hey i just finished pokemom league stuf, now what to do?
Am i, go to explore KANTO, or any thing else, w8ing 4 the reply thanx
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Krusty Krab Pizza
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Then simply un check it and then see the result after
I've already experimented with the RTC. When I turn it off, the clock stops working..and if the clock doesn't work, then the day won't change. There must be a bug.

Does Diego still read this forum?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
TruePunk79

Quote:
Clamperl -> Gorebyss (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaScale
Clamperl -> Huntail (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaTooth
Graveler -> Golem: level 38
Haunter -> Gengar: level up with high happiness at night
Kadabra -> Alakazam: level up with high happiness in the day
Machoke -> Machamp: level 39
Onix -> Steelix: level up holding Metal Coat
Poliwhirl -> Politoed: level up holding King's Rock
Porygon -> Porygon2: level up holding Upgrade
Scyther -> Scizor: level up holding Metal Coat
Seadra -> Kingdra: level up holding Dragon Scale
Slowpoke -> Slowking: level up holding King's Rock
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Idk if Diego reads this topic but i know that he visits PC...

Tho i would love to know whats going with this hack and Shining Opal there was not any updates or posts for a long time lol
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links