The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Who should be the new team leader?
DrFuji 4 80.00%
dbzmay 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted March 19th, 2013 (07:15 AM).
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

OH BABY

#TEAMSCRIPTING #TEAMSHINYQUAGSIRE

Noossab, karatekid, NarutoActor, tajaros, I've got a great way to get stuff organized so hmu ;D
Old Posted March 19th, 2013 (09:47 AM).
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Idk if everyone who applied has seen the results yet.
But *Is screaming for Skype/anything else massive invite conversation.*
Old Posted March 19th, 2013 (10:01 AM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
Idk if everyone who applied has seen the results yet.
But *Is screaming for Skype/anything else massive invite conversation.*
We should get our own IRC channel.......

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 19th, 2013 (05:47 PM).
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I may not be a badass or anything... but I consider myself pretty handy with the scripting... if you guys need another hand maybe in a project to small to worry your awesome skills with id happily tackle it for ya I got alot to learn but I learn quite fast and love finding new and unique ways to use the stuff I already know.
Old Posted March 19th, 2013 (05:51 PM).
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
I may not be a badass or anything... but I consider myself pretty handy with the scripting... if you guys need another hand maybe in a project to small to worry your awesome skills with id happily tackle it for ya I got alot to learn but I learn quite fast and love finding new and unique ways to use the stuff I already know.
This better be a damn good hack. We have an army of scripters, lol. I can't wait to hear what the storyline is that they come up with!

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 19th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Ok, cool we should get some progress done already! :3

Congrats to everybody... :)
Old Posted March 19th, 2013 (06:44 PM).
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
This better be a damn good hack. We have an army of scripters, lol. I can't wait to hear what the storyline is that they come up with!
lol maybe scripting is the easiest thing to do
I should learn something else then.. I tried my hand at mapping... I did not enjoy it, it was far more tedious than I wanted it to be... Im not creative enough for writing a storyline... I guess I should learn ASM... I can think of useful ways to use that
Old Posted March 19th, 2013 (07:25 PM).
bmangoobs

Hope it goes well for you guys!
Old Posted March 20th, 2013 (11:30 AM).
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Hello all!

*drum roll*

Here are my decisions for sectional leaders for The Community Hack:

Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with work and such, but mainly it was difficult to pick the leaders since the applications were all so good.

If anyone has questions about my choices or anything, just ask.

Your comments are welcome!

Regards,
Darthatron.
I'm actually completely satisfied with your selection of leaders, they're all a good at their specified sections. It was about time you put something up :P

So, I assume we're on the story development stage now? Are we sticking with the 8 gyms --> elite 4 and fight evil force plan in the middle? Or are we doing something else? Certainly the 8 gyms would be simplest, but another way of doing things would be really interesting :)
I'm curious as to what our newly elected trio think about this.

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though a lot of kids call me FBI because they're lazy. I run an ASM request/resource thread feel free to request me any cool ideas you have!

My current projects:
- Nothing right now. Gief request
Old Posted March 20th, 2013 (11:38 AM). Edited March 20th, 2013 by Reb0rn.
Reb0rn
Son of a Plunder

Nature: Adamant
Position: Mapping and trainer spriting
Proof of Ability: Mapping:
Spoiler:

Spriting:
Spoiler:

Comments: NA
Old Posted March 20th, 2013 (09:07 PM).
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I'll definitely agree to be Co-Head of Story Development; I'd be thrilled to work with Bela and Pink Parka Girl :D
Yay =]

I want for the three of us to have a meeting sometime soon to plan out the story. Is there a good time for you to do this?

Ideally I'd like to talk on the chat irc (on PC's server or another server perhaps) for this!
Old Posted March 20th, 2013 (09:10 PM).
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
Yay =]

I want for the three of us to have a meeting sometime soon to plan out the story. Is there a good time for you to do this?

Ideally I'd like to talk on the chat irc (on PC's server or another server perhaps) for this!
I'd like to be present for this too.
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (02:36 AM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by machomuu.
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Yay =]

Pretty much anytime in the afternoon is good for me, though anytime on the weekends is fine.
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (08:47 AM).
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
First of all, congrats to everyone! I'm honored to be chosen as the music lead, so hopefully I won't let you all down! That being said, if there is anyone who knows anything about inserting music, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be teaching myself as this goes...

Secondly, to the trio of story-ers. I mentioned earlier that I had an idea, so I figured now would be the time to post it up. The details are of course malleable, and you can use parts or all of it. Originally it was meant for a heavily type-altered hack, so that part can be thrown out as I expect that wouldn't be a popular idea. Also please note that I generally suck at writing, so no laughing at my lack of style please .

Story. Codename: Noah's Ark
Spoiler:
History of Aelryan:

The legendary birds and the tower duo watched as humans pilaged and plundered each other, stole and abused pokemon, tried to gain control of the elements, time and space, and pokemon themselves. Humanity was corrupted, and pokemon needed a safe-haven beyond the reaches of the humans.

Moltres and Ho-oh, with the power of fire, created a volcano in the deep ocean. Lugia, with its psychic powers, influenced the volcano to erupt rapidly, so that a large island appeared in the middle of the ocean within days. It also sculpted the landscape, making terrain suitable for every creature. Zapdos and Articuno set maelstroms inside of an enormous storm, protecting the island from the far-reaching influence of humanity. Any human ship who ventured near it would be sucked in and destroyed.

Then, slowly, The great birds brought pokemon from all regions to the island. They bread and thrived, and without the constraints of human activity grew stronger than their brothers in their native lands. Over the next several hundred years, some even developed new elemental abilities. The winged mirages continued to protect the island, splitting their time between Kanto which they also guarded.

_________

Wilton Aelryan and a fishing buddy took their boat out to sea one weekend, hoping to bring in a big catch. However, a storm off the coast pulled them out to sea, and they became hopelessly lost. For days they went without food and water, until at last they drifted into the enormous storm created by Zapdos and Articuno.

The ship was taking on water, and in an act of mercy, Wilton pulled out his pokeballs and released his pokemon. Those who were water types dived under the swirling waves and escaped. His noctowl flew into the wind until it disappeared in the storm. Only his machoke was left, but neither he nor it could escape the storm. His friend, a cruel man, did not release his pokemon, and instead threw their balls into the ocean. The ship finally broke apart, and all three were swept into the ocean.

Lugia watched this take place, and seeing that Wilton was merciful to his pokemon, decided to extend that mercy to him as well. Wilton and his machoke washed up on the shore of the protected island, saved miraculously from the deadly storm.

Wilton's noctowl also found its way to the island after getting lost in the storm. Wilton sent it in search of land with a message telling of his situation. Noctowl eventually found Kanto, reaching Wilton's son at the Lab in Cinnabar. Wilton's Son was a greedy man, and saw the island's discovery as a way to profit. He soon set out with a team and reached the island with the help of his father's noctowl, instead of keeping it a secret as his father wished.

Slowly, scientists, adventurers, and criminals escaping their regions migrated to the island. Small villages cropped up along the coast, and eventually a Pokemon League HQ was set up in the heart of the island. However, the scientists and adventurers in large part were not interested in living on the island, and so the island soon became overrun with criminal gangs. The Pokemon League, in retaliation, initiated a new police program. They trained talented pokemon trainers from every region to become secret police, hoping to expel the criminals from the island.

Meanwhile, the legendary birds are angry with the humans, who have taken over their paradise. If something isn't done about the crime in the area, they may wipe out the humans all together...

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (01:16 PM).
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Quote:
Yay =]

It would be much appreaticed if you guys could get a little idea on the climate the Region is going to have.

Also what climate the area near the starting town would be so we graphicors could at least have an idea of what graphics we should assemble.
Quote:
I'd like to be present for this too.
Would be nice if you'd be present in the graphic's team conversation too :)
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (01:53 PM).
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
Would be nice if you'd be present in the graphic's team conversation too
Yes of course! I want to be in all the major conversations if possible.
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
Community Supporter Tier 5

I created a room at irc.freenode.net - #pcromhack - where discussion can be held for now. Obviously, if you guys would rather create a more permanent room somewhere else we can do that, but I wanted to make sure there was SOMETHING for now where we could get together and discuss the various facets of the hack; since it was better than doing nothing. XD First things first though, us story people need to figure out setting, climate, "theme" and a rough storyline for the hack so all the other teams can start getting to work. Any time to discuss this is fine - I should be around for the rest of the afternoon and evening (PST), so feel free to sign into the room when ever is good for you.

If you don't have an irc client program, freenode can easily be reached via this link. Don't worry about the authorize to services box (unless you have a freenode account), you can easily access the room without that
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (04:19 PM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
I created a room at irc.freenode.net - #pcromhack - where discussion can be held for now. Obviously, if you guys would rather create a more permanent room somewhere else we can do that, but I wanted to make sure there was SOMETHING for now where we could get together and discuss the various facets of the hack; since it was better than doing nothing. XD First things first though, us story people need to figure out setting, climate, "theme" and a rough storyline for the hack so all the other teams can start getting to work. Any time to discuss this is fine - I should be around for the rest of the afternoon and evening (PST), so feel free to sign into the room when ever is good for you.

If you don't have an irc client program, freenode can easily be reached via this link. Don't worry about the authorize to services box (unless you have a freenode account), you can easily access the room without that
Thank you! I'm sure that this will be great to get us started!

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (06:46 PM).
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
Did we ever discuss/decide whether we were going to use a new tile set? If so, that's something else that could be worked on fairly early...

Also, for the artist-types, it might be cool if we had a banner or something to promote this, now that it's getting off the ground...

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (08:17 PM).
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
Did we ever discuss/decide whether we were going to use a new tile set? If so, that's something else that could be worked on fairly early...

Also, for the artist-types, it might be cool if we had a banner or something to promote this, now that it's getting off the ground...
Seeing as we have so many artists at our hands, we should use a new tile set. Sadly it's difficult to make something when we have no idea WHERE the game will be set.
Old Posted March 22nd, 2013 (04:16 AM).
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Seeing as we have so many artists at our hands, we should use a new tile set. Sadly it's difficult to make something when we have no idea WHERE the game will be set.
I doubt it will be set in only one style of region... so the artists can get started on some basic mountian, grassland, forest, route tilesets and maybe some basic towns... if we end up not using them oh well, but if we end up using them it would be that much quicker they got finished...

the artist team might want to confer with eachother on a style they wanna go for... so they arent all working in opposite directions.

and if the designs dont mesh with the story perfectly its probably easier to alter existing finished designs than start from scratch...

do we know what generation game this is being made from... im assuiming you would need that before you started making tiles.
Old Posted March 22nd, 2013 (04:56 AM).
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
I doubt it will be set in only one style of region... so the artists can get started on some basic mountian, grassland, forest, route tilesets and maybe some basic towns... if we end up not using them oh well, but if we end up using them it would be that much quicker they got finished...

the artist team might want to confer with eachother on a style they wanna go for... so they arent all working in opposite directions.

and if the designs dont mesh with the story perfectly its probably easier to alter existing finished designs than start from scratch...

do we know what generation game this is being made from... im assuiming you would need that before you started making tiles.
Yes off course, but I thought that we graphicers could bring some concepts of tiles.
It doesnt mean that we all have the same style, so it would be Logic if we vote then.
Old Posted March 22nd, 2013 (06:59 AM).
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
Do we want to include Fakemon?
No, they aren't that nice to look at after seeing the Pokemon of the anime.
Do we want to include Gen IV/V Pokemon?
Yes of course, they one of the most essential part as many people change their likes after new Pokemon come out. Even inclusion of Gen 6 would be great once we have details about them.

Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (08:33 PM).
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Hey everyone!

We'll be having a meeting for story development of the community hack late Friday, around 11:30PM CST. Anyone who wants to join in the discussion is welcome. We'll be meeting on IRC at irc.freenode.net, in the #pcromhack channel.

Ideally the whole Story Development team will be there, and Darthatron as well. Hope to see you guys there! =]
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (08:59 PM).
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hey everyone!

We'll be having a meeting for story development of the community hack late Friday, around 11:30PM CST. Anyone who wants to join in the discussion is welcome. We'll be meeting on IRC at irc.freenode.net, in the #pcromhack channel.

Ideally the whole Story Development team will be there, and Darthatron as well. Hope to see you guys there! =]
This is...

12:30am on the 30th for EST.
9:30pm on the 29th for PST
3:30pm on the 30th for AEST (Australian East Coast)

Also, there is a webchat client available here. Just enter the channel as #pcromhack and give yourself a name (similar to your PC name please).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links