The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
~CreamyChoco~
Happy new year to everyone

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~CreamyChoco~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~CreamyChoco~
may i have a list of pokemons in every route/cave/area? i wanna know

Shines i caught
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:05 PM
arjay021
Unhatched Egg

great hack and i loved it. Can u help me? i'm lost. Where do i go after defeating the 3rd gym?
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:10 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

Have you quit working on this? I hope not, this is one of my favorites, you mentioned a new update in November but nothing has come out since.
Old February 7th, 2013, 08:08 PM
mikethepokemaster

Nature: Jolly
hope you're still making this hack i love it by the way.
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Fonzy95

Forgive me for my "being noob" but which is the difference between the alpha version and the beta version? (alpha is much detailed I guess)

Old February 11th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy95 View Post
Forgive me for my "being noob" but which is the difference between the alpha version and the beta version? (alpha is much detailed I guess)
Nope, beta one is.
Beta is longer, alpha is also called a demo.
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:24 AM
wafflecar
Unhatched Egg

This looks like one of the better hacks i've seen, Keep it up
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Lucadelic
Unhatched Egg

Great hack! i Specilly like the story in the Alpha Version and i hope you don't mind if i upload an ips file at mediafire insteand of rar file to help all the mac users?
mediafire.com/?554m3lr2i5o52ww
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:46 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

I see you made an update to the main thread! Does this mean the hack is back in progress again?! If so could you please say what the updates are? I would really love to know as the "alpha" of this hack was one of my personal favorites!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
I see you made an update to the main thread! Does this mean the hack is back in progress again?! If so could you please say what the updates are? I would really love to know as the "alpha" of this hack was one of my personal favorites!
You're very perceptive. Yes, I have been working on this hack but won't make an announcement until I'm ready to go public with release. That is, I won't update the thread until I know when I'm ready to announce a new release.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

As long as it's being worked on I'm happy
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:25 PM
THEPOKEMONbonenine
Unhatched Egg

Hey dude , first of all great hack, already have 3 badges but i have a problem i cant go to the stargate trial because there is no entrance in the route housy and the tower only goes up to 3rd floor. Help me please!! Also i'm using the new beta.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:40 AM
ReoNeky

Good hack!The tiles that are not very good, but I like the changes you made to the rom!

Keep it up!

Twitter of the Community de "Whack a Hack"

https://twitter.com/Whack_a_Hack
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:00 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
As long as it's being worked on I'm happy
Prepare to be even happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPOKEMONbonenine View Post
Hey dude , first of all great hack, already have 3 badges but i have a problem i cant go to the stargate trial because there is no entrance in the route housy and the tower only goes up to 3rd floor. Help me please!! Also i'm using the new beta.
That's the end of the Beta. The next one goes further than that. Check below for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoNeky View Post
Good hack!The tiles that are not very good, but I like the changes you made to the rom!

Keep it up!
Thanks.

Update:
It's been a while hasn't it? Well fans of Shattered Dreams, it is with great excitement that I welcome you all into Act 2 of Shattered Dreams. The second act picks up right where Act 1 left off. Starting with the introduction of Police Chief Agatha & Team Rocket, to the climatic conclusion featuring a showdown with your best friend's sister. I present to you, Shattered Dreams Beta 2!

Spoiler:

April Fools! Oh come on, if you didn't think this was too convenient, you're too gullible. But rest assured, this is a real update. Like I previously stated, I didn't want to update the thread until I was sure of when I would be releasing Beta 2. So since this is an update, that must mean that I know when Beta 2 is coming. So here it is: There will be no official release date announced, nor will there be a beta testing period. Instead, I'm gonna launch a live beta, completely at "random" (random for you, not for me lol). I think it's more fun this way. It'll be 5 Gyms long, and is far more story oriented than Beta 1. But more on that later.

The first thing I want to put out there is that I've decided on the next RTC Event. To commemorate the launch of Beta 2 (Whenever that is) there will be a week-long event. The event is called The Cat's Meowth. As the name suggests, the Pokemon of honor is Meowth. This Meowth comes in a Premier Ball at Level 15 holding an Amulet Coin. Like other RTC Event only Pokemon, it'll carry the "Special Event" location tag, as well as a unique movepool. It's move's are Assist, Crunch, Pay Day, and Return. The Meowth is at max happiness (255) so Return seemed like a great STAB choice. Another thing that sets this Meowth apart from others of its species is it's maxed out Speed EVs (252). This makes it a great addition to your team for your primary play through. And finally the third thing about this Meowth that makes it unique is that it's as Cool as can be. That is, it's Cool stat is maxed out (255) and he has the Ribbon to prove it. I know what you're wondering, what does that have to do with anything? Well read on.

I'm proud to announce a new feature of this hack, one that is sure to set it apart from others like it. The introduction of PokePageants. Held in Fiesta Town, PokePageants are like Pokemon Contest. You select a rank and compete against NPCs for a Ribbon. Now, since Fire Red didn't originally come with a contest-like variant, it's safe to assume that there is even more about PokePageants that I haven't revealed (such as how to boost Pageant stats, and what purpose they serve). Don't worry I will, in due time. For now, I feel like this post is getting too long so I'm gonna wrap it up with some eye candy:

Oh yeah, so there are a few things in the screenshots, that I haven't explained. 1. Thanks to the hard work of Jambo51, Dathatron, and various others, I have implemented the Gen IV Physical/Special Split. You'll notice this as a feature I originally had in the Shattered Dreams Alpha, but it was absent from the Beta. That's cause it was buggy, this new version is virtually flawless. Icons are even included to reflect what attribute a move is, like in Gen IV and forward. Another thing you'll notice is the Repel system from BW2. Again, this is courtesy of Darthatron. And while we're on the subject of Darthatron, he's again credited for the fully functioning Pokennect. In the Beta, the Pokennect was unable to be used via Register without crashing. That's no longer a problem thanks to Darthatron. The rest of the screenshots are from Stargate Cave, home of your first encounter with the nefarious Team Rocket.

Conclusion:
I know when Beta 2 is coming, you don't and won't. There are a bunch of cool little features so there's sure to be a lot to love in the next releases. The first post has been updated. There's a new RTC Event launching the week of the Beta 2. There will be 4-6 RTC Events in the next Beta. Enough to hold fans over until Beta 3. Oh! And this just came to me. I will be rereleasing the Eggcellent Togepi RTC event for Beta 2. That way everyone can get their hands on the Lucky Egg. Also, if you have anything in mind for what you'd like to get as an RTC Event, just let me know, and we'll see what happens. Happy April Fools folks, and see you in a few weeks

~QM
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:52 PM
Unconditionally
Let Go and Just Be Free

So I see Team Rocket has moved to a new region eh? This hack overall looks really cool and neat. The mapping is neat and I see that the scripts are awesome. Can't really say any more since I've only tried playing this once but only reached the second town so... I like the update. The port of the bw2 repel system and the physical and special split is a definitely a plus. Anyways I wish you the best of Luck and hope this gets completed!
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:08 AM
fishstep459
Gardevoir

Nature: Naughty
This one of my favourite rom hacks i have played. i have tested many. but this one is the most interesting and more "real life like" with those banks

i need to play more... i need to get to fiesta town. im on the edge of my seat man.
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Spherical Ice

I think this is hands-down the most professional and polished hack in the entire subforum at the moment. I swear this hack is really underrated, it's as high quality as Azure Horizons. I really look forward to Beta 2 dude, this is amazing.
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:11 PM
KurtCobain

the completed version will be awesome!
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:05 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Nature: Bold
Nice! Good job!
Maybe i'll download it :x
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM
ominousacid95
Pokémon YouTube Version! :]

Send a message via Skype™ to ominousacid95
It's back! :] Luckily hehe :]
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
W0nT0nS0up

So I'm playing this game on GameBoid for Android, great game by the way, and everything is going swell. But when I reach Beacon City's Gym like go inside the doors, the game black screens and freezes (no sound, nothing). Help? Is there something that I should do in-game? I've tried restarting/repatching the lips thing. Anyone wanna help?
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Voltron
Unhatched Egg

Love this hack! Very good!!!

I'm getting a couple errors while playing this on gpsphone..... (for iphone).
I can't save it.... It says the 1-m sub-circuit board isn't installed. and that there is a save error. Plus, I can't get into the second gym... any ideas??

It works fine on VBA.....
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:11 PM
lebron
Unhatched Egg

pokemon from all the 5 gens??
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:15 AM
NeoAiren
Unhatched Egg

wow this game may be the best hack i have ever played
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:43 AM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

I read this months ago and I said, "Oh, okay.. Another one of those hacks.." And after reading this again I go BOOOOOM! It turns into a dang good hack. I'm playing this NOW! But I have a question, is it possible to use my phone wi-fi for the Pseudo-gifts?

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links