• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
For the Touhou theme I'd give it a 8. It's really not a bad theme at all! I've always liked the style of this type of music; it always intrigues me, and the fast pace style of the music does make me want to prepare for, say, a boss or final boss of video games, y'know?

Anyways, this is pretty much my favourite castle theme from all of the Super Mario games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrAa-_SlRCY

I really wish that the Wii and the Wii U Super Mario versions had the same thing, but, oh well.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Me and you both, that theme was always my favorite castle theme. The Dracula-esque vibe it got helps add atmosphere to the castles, which I feel is sorely lacking in the later NSMB games, as fantastic as they are. For all the crap NSMB gets for its music, that castle theme is really great.

I want to post a soundtrack from my favorite game, which is Wario Land 4. Took a while to decide what to choose for the game because the soundtrack is phenomenal, but I ended up choosing this because I feel it represents the game and Wario the best, if that makes sense. Helps this particular level is the best one in my opinion!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuWDe3ascnI

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Ah, the nostalgia this track gives me. I'd rate it an 8/10 because I loved the instruments used but I actually hate rap which is conflicting for me because I loved Persona 3.

The first battle theme from Tales of Vesperia.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Ahh, a video game music thread! ^-^ As for the Tales of Vesperia battle, I think itounds cool! I'd probably give it a 7/10, though a lot of it has to do with my personal taste (I felt it started great, but the melody got a bit too... "muddy" for my liking in the middle or something). [Also, "Down, sword hand!" is an awesome quote!]

How about this one: http://youtu.be/VXZbQ0ZI4E4

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
Years
YO, Stickerbrush. Yoooooooooo.

That's just a straight up 10/10 for me! I never played DKC2, but my exposure to this song was through Super Smash Bros Brawl, the track called "Bramble Blast" that was a MUCH more up-tempo, really remixed version of this song. And for a good amount of time, Bramble Blast was my favourite Brawl track. Then I heard that it was a remix of Stickerbrush Symphony, and naturally I went to listen. And I was nothing short of amazed. It had the same kind of melodic theme which I loved, but was SO different and so relaxing. I love when songs successfully do that: when they really remix it to have a completely different overall feel but the same theme conveyed by the melody. And I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the difference. Not to mention it's such a chill, awesome track on its own. Thank you for this, Jay!

This one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1uu_mx7g_0

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I didn't mind that Monkey Ball track (hehe, track) personally. Not amazing but certainly alright and with a neat tune underneath it.

For the above track I'll go with 7/10, if only because the competition from other megaman tunes are quite intense as it is and it doesn't quite pip some of them. Still a nice tune in its own right - decent build up and seems fitting of the name as well.

Let's go with this as it came up on my playlist today!

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
9/10
I LOVE mother 3, and earthbound. Great song and it bought back a load of nostalgia. Such great memories of simple times.

Yup, this thread suits me. I have a youtube playlist dedicated to great VG music with over 100 tracks on it.

Going to go ahead and link this classic.

Oh and a link to the playlist if anyone is interested; Playlist

edit: Shuffle it for best results, unless you want music from the same game/franchise grouped together.

Editedit: Here's a list of the top 1000 VGM tracks of all time. I highly recommend everyone checks out at least the top 25 or so. Feel free to stick it in the first post.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/vgm/bestvgm2011.htm

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
8/10. It's as good as it can probably get with a 16 bit(I think, I'm not entirely sure) tune. Kinda reminds me of the awesome that's Balrog's theme in all its SF2 Turbo glory.

And to the guy who posted Scars of Time, Chrono Cross represent! One of the best opening theme songs I've ever heard. Brought back so much memories.

And to the guy who posted Joy, it's a freaking sweet tune. It's played throughout the entirety of the game until it became just background noise. Then Memories of You made it beautiful again.

Not sure if theme song counts, but here's one from Zone of the Enders 2, perhaps the most mecha game ever made. I recommend watching the trailer though.

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Zone of the Enders 2 - beyond bounds.

7/10. Zone of the enders was really great, and that's a particularly good track.

Now I was going to post Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls, however there has already been a few Persona tracks listed so taking that into account;

If anyone missed out on playing Katamari, I highly suggest you do so. It's a sadly overlooked gem.

Having real trouble sticking to just one video per post, I simply have too much great music to post, expect tracks from the likes of 'parasite eve' and 'Secret of mana' in the future, not to mention some more obvious ones like LoZ and Castlevania.

Back