The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:48 AM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
A sprite of Ninfia, I did:

My first impression of it was, that it looked like something Victini could evolve into or someone went and fused Victini and Eevee, haha.

My X/Y Team:

Old February 24th, 2013, 05:03 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
This is a patch containing JPAN's save block recycling ASM routine. The routine is placed from A00000-A000E8. It consolidateing the save blocks in FireRed to free up a good amount of ram which can then be used for other projects. The link to the origional post in which he posted his routine is here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=206

This patch is for a clean FireRed BPRE v.1.0:
JPAN's save_block_recycle_routine.ips

This instructions for inserting this routine by hand are not all that clear which is why I was advocated by Jambo51 to post it after he helped me install it on FireRed. Some credit also goes to shinyquagsire for the location of where to place the pointer to the routine.

Paired with Simba
Old February 26th, 2013, 02:17 PM
AimayBee
Mighty Spriter

Nature: Gentle
OW Stuffs

Here we have some of my oldies but still goodies Pokemon Firered OW's. The first is a scratch version of the hero's from Pokemon Black and White in firered style, each with their own palette customised to keep other things that use that palette okay.

Spoiler:

The next are either edited or scratch people OW's I did whilst working on a Pokemon hack. Some are to make the OW look like the trainer sprite others are just me having fun whilst spriting. I'll add a more detailed description of each sprite if needed. I have made more since creating this file so just ask if you want to see them.

Spoiler:

Third is essentially just resized and recoloured HG/SS sprites to fit straight into a Firered rom. I have done a fair few custom OW's for fakemon but I only did those as favours as I dislike fakemon.

Spoiler:

All of these are mainly free to use but I would like you to give me the courtesy of asking before using. And I can easily make more OW's if asked nicely and recolours would take me 5 minutes to make into any palette that fits.

I've had a few requests to make this hack an actual thing now. So I'm re-inserting the tileset into an earlier, non-corrupted file.

Let me know if you want the beta 0.5.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Indexed Juan Overworld Sprites in the style of FireRed. You'll have to insert a new palette to use it (or try to shoehorn it into one of the preset ones).

You don't have to give credit but I'll think you're an ugly person if you don't.

No walking sprites because he's a gym leader ;)
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:36 AM
dkp
Unhatched Egg

So... sorry if I've done something stupid or posted this to the wrong place, first of all.

I've gone and made a patch that should decapitalize BPEE (English) Emerald roms. I've noticed nothing so far as one that's actually "production ready", just a few broken links to Wichu's and some promises to make one. Or rather, not ones that are meant to serve as a base and/or don't come with a lot of other changes (graphical edits, "controversial" name changes, 386 edits, etc.).

I've tested it, but only so far; it's not 100% confirmed to be serious error free and it's not going to be 100% free of typos at this point. I have however opened it and can confirm that the game boots, runs fine, can complete battles, captures, etc. and it really is rather presentable, and is basically complete.

After some more personal edits (which I'll isolate from this patch), I'll play through the game to try and edit it myself. Any thing I notice I'll note and try to make an updated patch when I'm done. This may take some time, though, and I'll be getting busier soon. I've gone through Petalburg personally from a fresh file, and nothing stood out.

I estimate it's upwards 95% complete. There may be some itemS like errors lurking deep within the rom, and the trendy phrases are simply without elegant solution. There's some consistency issues with the way I named things as well, but they're so utterly trivial to solve.

My method was to use index lists from Bulbapedia and manually edit things with goldfinger. Beyond that, I opened them up with PGE*, but this was primarily to check for errors (the ability editor, for example, will crash if a word ending FF gets overwritten, making it a nice quick checker). If you would like to use this, please do go ahead without restraint; I make no request for credit (truly).

I am uploading this because despite my lack of optimism it really is essentially complete - that or I really am ready to be done with it. If you want to improve it yourself, though, go right ahead. You have my full permission to use this however you see fit, from including it in tools or your hacks, whatever.

*ONLY* text has been edited. The only "controversial" change I believe I've made is renaming the cool trainer class to Ace Trainer. No roster edits, script edits, battle edits, inserted palattes, or so on.

*credits accordingly: HackMew Gemer2020 thethethethe denopqrihg ZodiacDaGreat mewthree9000 Darthatron LU-HO loadingNOW linkandzelda userpr Jambo51JPAN Kawa Bulbapedia

Look down below
Attached Files
File Type: zip BPEE_Emerald_decap_v1-0.zip‎ (78.3 KB, 32 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Hey! If you're a tool maker or you have a resource to contribute, but you're not up to trying to make a guide, I'll be happy to try and write one up for you if you want. All I need is a pm and the offsets.

Last edited by dkp; June 19th, 2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Nature: Relaxed
Here are some indexed 64x64 sprites from Pokémon Black 2/White 2.
No credit required.

Last edited by Wobbu; April 11th, 2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added more sprites
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM
SSJ4 Furanki

My attempt at making a sprite for Mewtwo's New Form, a lot of heavy editing, haha:

My X/Y Team:

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I have had a heck of a time finding a Drake sprite (OW or trainer) for GBA... so I decided to make one

will need to be indexed

Ready to be inserted (use palette 6 for FR)

I had the same issue with Luana

again, needs to be indexed...

Ready to be inserted... (use palette 3 with FR)

I had no need for an Prof Ivy battle sprite... but I did need an OW

she was difficult due to lack of a perfect Palette, I went with Palette 5 in FR. (she is ready to be inserted btw)
Using Palette 5 gave me some unneeded greens, so I added some trimmings to her lab coat

Credit isnt required, but it is appreciated

thanks

*UPDATE*
Here is a Kimono Girl (from gen 2)

just standing.

Here is a cowboy like character (Ethan from season 2 of the anime)

just a battle sprite

I created a scientist main character for one of my hacks... you are welcome to use it but this took ages so pleas credit:

This is a lab COAT to replace the BAG:

I also made a few orange islands pokemon sprites (from the anime)

you can find more graphics by me here:
http://lsaentertainment.yolasite.com...-downloads.php

~Completed Projects:

Last edited by LocksmithArmy; February 24th, 2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
A Yveltal sprite people can use in their hacks:

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old May 14th, 2013, 08:50 PM
SSJ4 Furanki

Feel free to use it if you please, made a front sprite for Pancham:

My X/Y Team:

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
I made a MIDI, .s and Track files for Goldenrod City to be inserted into Fire Red.

There's a guide inside the .zip for reference on what to do, I reccomend at least knowingSappy before trying this, else you'll get nowhere, if problems come find me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goldenrod_FR_Files.zip‎ (7.7 KB, 49 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 2nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
It's about time I post this here:
Force Male Gender Patch for FireRed
This patch makes FireRed act like its first-gen counterpart by removing the choice of gender. Of course, while the patch is called "force male gender", it's really only limiting you to one gender, which can be edited to be male or female.

The link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wwb0cujuyy7wt7t
Can be applied to any hack, even ones that have already been started.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Hacked-Up Base

Basically, this is just a patch that'll turn your ROM into a ready-to-hack machine. I've applied a few things that should make it more easier to hack.

Includes
  • Extended available flags: You can now use flags from 900 to 18FF with ASM patch from Jambo!
  • New Font: What's better? You can change the font to whatever you want, and it won't screw up anything!
  • Decapitalization
  • Removal of Duplicate Moves: If you've used any Pokemon editor that changes movesets, you've noticed that they tend to have duplicate moves. All of these duplicates have been removed, freeing up 250 moves for use.
  • Pre-Started Compatibility: The flag-extending ASM was applied at offset 0x71A240, meaning it shouldn't overwrite anything you've already added! Everything else takes up no space.

Credit:
Jambo51 for the flag ASM patch
adhdguitar and Wichu for the de-cap and duplicate-move removal patches
diegoisawesome for the D/P font patch
I need no credit

Download
There was an loading issue with the patch, so I'm gonna fix it. Sorry! Fixed!

Last edited by Awkward.; June 7th, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Not sure if I'm allowed to double post so if not I'll just edit this to the one above

I made some custom overworlds from scratch for my hack, but when I finished the battle sprite for it I realized that I should never be allowed to touch Paint. Indexed and can be inserted directly into Ruby using palette 5 (and with some minor color editing, can be inserted into FireRed using palette 5 as well). The backside walking animations need editing. The hair doesn't swish around and the step looks too big in-game. Also, you can probably use it for either the hero or the heroine - I realized how girly this guy looks.

Credit if used, I made that from scratch.

Old June 19th, 2013, 03:27 AM
dkp
Unhatched Egg

Hey yall

Updated my decap patch for Emerald BPEE.

I should have fixed ~99% of the remaining true errors. Some things, sadly, lack elegant solutions. Hopefully, nothing really jarring remains.

I might not be coming back to this for a while (ever), just a heads up. It wasn' t really fun to do and even less is had now that I' ve finished replaying Emerald.

Feel free to improve it yourself - no credit needed here. Just please keep it alive (circulating and getting improved among hackers).

(Helping this page show up in searches: decap decapitalisation decapitalization emerald )

EDIT:

I'm not in a position to be updating this atm. So I'll make a list of known errors for correction (anyone may improve on it freely):

*Electrode misspelled Electrobe
*Gulpin is Guplin
*Milk Drink is Milk Drick.

*Some "endgame" things not properly decapped (notably some Battle Frontier related things and stuff relating to getting the shell bell).

*No elegant solution to EasyChat means weirdness there. Iirc, though, most things have been rendered sentence-initial (so like "Azubuky Vedeglagloli"). Not an exact error.

*-Possible- minor corruption. More likely related to other things I did, though, such as event insertion and shopmaking. Never got a crash at least, even playing on a flashcart. Without the other things I did I got no bag sprite corruption, but with I did. Might be related, might not be.

Use with discretion I guess.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BPEE_Emerald_decap_v1-1.zip‎ (80.5 KB, 46 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Hey! If you're a tool maker or you have a resource to contribute, but you're not up to trying to make a guide, I'll be happy to try and write one up for you if you want. All I need is a pm and the offsets.

Last edited by dkp; September 28th, 2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: added error list. would update but lost my os and everything a month ago
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire

I made an overworld base, for Fire Red and Leaf Green.
No need for credits.
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:18 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I realized that not very many hackers know about this, so I thought I should post it here, since it is specifically intended for ROM hackers to use.

If anyone is looking for sprites of all Gen IV and V Pokemon, perfectly resized and cleaned up, and assembled into sheets that are ready for use with Wichu's Sprite Editor, then look here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

All Gen IV and V Pokemon are complete. Currently, Gen I, II, and III sprites are being worked on, so then hackers can have an entire spriteset of all 649 Pokemon in a single, unified art style.

Some examples of what's in the thread:

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old July 31st, 2013, 02:37 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Here's some more patches for FireRed.

Skip Intro Controls Tutorial
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ay...s_Tutorial.ips
Skip Both Intro Tutorials
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rr..._and_Guide.ips

As before, there are no conflicts.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
First resource upload~

This is a complete set of all 5th generation Pokemon icon sprites.
For example:

All of these sprites are compatible with Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bo...emon_Icons.rar

Credits: You may credit me if you wish~

Last edited by Renegade; March 24th, 2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:13 AM
SSJ4 Furanki

I worked on this sprite yesterday:

This one I just finished:

My X/Y Team:

Old August 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

100+ indexed trainers. No credit needed.

~K.B~
Attached Files
File Type: rar IndexedTrainers.rar‎ (93.8 KB, 165 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
adipasa
Amateur Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Here's a Yveltal sprites
it's indexed

source = http://chasemortier.deviantart.com/a...ites-368786232

Credit
Me : for indexing it
chasemortier : make the sprite

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...............\
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Telinc1
Pokémon Trainer

Well, I made a de-capitalisation patch, titled the "Ultimate De-capitalisation Patch". Now, I know that there already is a de-capitalisation patch, but please read the "history" of my de-capitalisation patch.

History
I was seriously looking for the "de-capitalisation" patch for two or three weeks until I finally found it. After applying it to my to-be-started hack and seeing how much effort was put into it, I was... very disappointed. Literally, the only de-capitalised things were the item names, Pokémon names and ability names. That was it. So, I finally decided to create my own de-capitalisation patch. Below is a list of things it changes.

Changed and unchanged strings
The following strings were de-capitalised:
Spoiler:
- Pokémon names
- Item names
- Ability names
- Pokédex entries
- Item descriptions
- Ability descriptions
- Battle menus (Fight, Bag, Pokémon, Run, Rock, Bait, Safari Balls, Type)
- Start menu (Pokédex, Pokémon, Bag, Save, Retire, Option, Exit)
- Pockets (Items, Key Items, Poké Balls)
- Bad Egg (is now Bad Egg instead of Bad EGG; not tested)
- Absolutely every instance of POKéMON in the ROM.
- Pokémon Centre and Pokémon Mart signs
- Every trainer class, except the duplicate Leader, Elite Four and Champion classes that don't have the proper music. Also, "Cooltrainer" is now "Ace Trainer" and "Gamer" is now "PI". It's easy to change if you don't want fourth gen class names.
- The "S" after obtaining multiple items so it displays "Obtained the Poké Balls!" instead of "Obtained the Poké BallS!".
- The Pokémon Centre nurse script and the Pokémon Centre 2F scripts, a.k.a. scripts you probably won't modify.
- The Cut tree, Strength boulder and Rock Smash boulder scripts.

The things that were not modified are below:
Spoiler:
- Default moves (when move table is expanded and limiter is not removed, it will still say "Bulbasaur used a POISON move!")
- Game introduction, you should change it anyway.
- Oak's speech, you should change it anyway.
- The cancel option. There's just way too many occurrences in the ROM and I am not chancing it.

Applying
Applying my Ultimate De-capitalisation Patch is simple. Just download the included .ips file and patch it with Lunar IPS, a.k.a. LIPS. Because only strings are changed, it is safe to patch it to a non-clean ROM (I tried it with my hack), but I do recommend making a backup, I'm not the one to blame if you patch it incorrectly and break your ROM.

Credits
These are the people you may or may not want to credit:
1. Me, for going through the ROM with a hex editor and manually changing names, descriptions and strings.
2. gogojjtech for discovering where the Fight, Bag, Pokémon and Run strings are. If he didn't discover them, I wouldn't have found the Bait, Rock and Ball options which happen to be close to the Fight, Bag, Pokémon and Run options.
3. colcolstyles for discovering where the "S" in the sentence "Obtained the <itemname>S" is. If he didn't post it, we would have "Obtained the PotionS!".
4. Wichu for the original de-capitalisation patch. If it was not for him, I wouldn't have gotten the idea to make one myself.
Attached Files
File Type: ips Decapitalisation.ips‎ (40.2 KB, 42 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:35 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I figured Id share my personal rom base. its got all the things I do for every rom I hack. as of 8/26/2013

Here is a list of changes and credits:

~Fixed Raoming Legendaries IV glitch:
This fixes a glitch which made roaming dogs have low IVs.

At offset 0x40A92 changed hex bytes
[21 78 1f 24 0A 1C] to [21 68 69 60 20 E0]
CREDIT: HackMew

~Fixed The Pokedex Glitch:
This fixes a glitch which cuts words off os some Pokemon types in the PokeDex.

At offset 0x10583C and 0x105856 changed hex bytes
[00] to [FF]
CREDIT: HackMew

~Made Mew Obey Trainers:
This makes any captured Mew Pokemon obey trainers who have the proper level badge.

At offset 0x1D402 changed hex byte
[97] to [00]
CREDIT: colcolstyles

~Extend Usable Flags:
This makes more flags available for hacking (flags 900-18FF)

Patched JPANs Memory Extension Patch
Assembled Jambo51s Flag extendion ASM script at offset 0x71A240
At offset 0x6E5D6 changed hex bytes:
[05 48 00 78 01 28 08 D0 10 28] to [01 48 00 47 00 00 41 A2 71 08]
CREDIT: JAPAN and Jambo51

~Added TRANSFERSTONE:
This item is used to evolve the trade evolution Pokemon.

Item Index Number: 63
Dexcription offset: 0x71A284
Item data offset: 0x71A2F0
Image Offset: 0x71A300
Palette Offset: 0x71A3C0
At offset 0x252A14 changed hex bytes:
[00 00 00 00] to [F0 A2 71 08]
CREDIT: LocksmithArmy

~Fixed Impossible Evolutions:
Made it so every Pokemon can evolve (using YAPE).

Kadabra evolves into Alakazam using a TRANSFERSTONE
Machoke evolves into Machamp using a TRANSFERSTONE
Graveler evolves into Golem using a TRANSFERSTONE
Haunter evolves into Gengar using a TRANSFERSTONE
Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed using a LEAF STONE
Slowpoke evolves into Slowking using a WATER STONE
Onix evolves into Steelix using a TRANSFERSTONE
Seadra evolves into Kingdra using a TRANSFERSTONE
Scyther evolves into Scizor using a TRANSFERSTONE
Eevee evolves into Espeon using a SUN STONE
Eevee evolves into umbreon using a MOON STONE
Porygon evolves into Porygon2 using a TRANSFERSTONE
Clamperl evolves into Huntail at Lv 20 with Low Personality
Clamperl evolves into Gorebyss at Lv 20 with High Personality

~Removed Extra Moves:
Removed all moves that were duplicated in the Pokemon movesets, freeing up 254 moves.

Used YAPE.

http://lsaentertainment.yolasite.com...20%28FR%29.rar

I dont require credit for the rom base but DO require credit for my item (the "TRANSFERSTONE")

~Completed Projects:

Old August 31st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Xcisor

Here are some Pokemon Yellow Advanced Version sprites:

No credit needed. Sprited them all myself. All of them use the same Pallettes as their in-game counterparts. (Oak=Old Man; Fire Red Only)

If anyone can contact Jambo51, I have a complete graphical, wild Pokemon and trainer roster remake of Yellow Version that uses some of his scripts. I would love to post it somewhere but don't want to without his approval, but it is something which truly should be shared!

BONUS:

Raichu

Last edited by Xcisor; August 31st, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here