The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Definitely agree with this. It's weird getting things like Quash later in the game, when it reality no one is really ever going to use it. I'd like to just see things like Ice Beam and Flamethrower given to us by the Elite Four, whether it's in Victory Road or a little before.
And hence my idea of playing the game "twice" in one save (the harder challenge) in the same storyline comes across as a top idea again. By the time you can go to the Gyms the second time, more advanced TMs like Flamethrower and Earthquake become available in areas you've already been to, they're just scripted to appear AFTER you defeat the E4.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The only problem with that again is that if people have to fight the Gym Leaders again, no one is going to walk through all the routes again and waste their time when they can just Fly to the towns. Although you're idea is definitely plausible, I don't think players would take the time to walk through routes again unless they were explicitly made to do so.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
The only problem with that again is that if people have to fight the Gym Leaders again, no one is going to walk through all the routes again and waste their time when they can just Fly to the towns. Although you're idea is definitely plausible, I don't think players would take the time to walk through routes again unless they were explicitly made to do so.
I did point out the Gyms can all become available at the same time and the player may challenge them in whatever order they want. i.e. at the end of the storyline, a special league begins and the Gyms are available again. It's also at this time a bonus area like Black City/White Forest opens. One or two don't even have to be in the special league and the player must travel to one last new area for new themed Gyms.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Beth Sycamore
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
I have alot of questions about Pokemon X/Y.

1. Is this game already being played in Japan?
2. Which of the pokemon starters final evolutions,will look the most prettiest?
3. What does the male and female character sprites look like?
4. Who is the new pokemon professor?
5. What is the name of the starting town?
6. Are all the pokemon all new,or will old favorites be returning?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sycamore View Post
I have alot of questions about Pokemon X/Y.

1. Is this game already being played in Japan?
2. Which of the pokemon starters final evolutions,will look the most prettiest?
3. What does the male and female character sprites look like?
4. Who is the new pokemon professor?
5. What is the name of the starting town?
6. Are all the pokemon all new,or will old favorites be returning?
1. Nope, the games aren't even out yet. They'll be out on a planned international release sometime in October, if I'm correct.

2. We don't have photos or anything yet about the starter final evos, but personally speaking, I'm all for Chespin's final evo to look pretty badass. xD; Then again, I'm pretty biased towards grass-type Pokemon.

3. I'm pretty sure there are some photos right here in the Protagonists thread.

4. The Professor hasn't been revealed yet.

5. That also hasn't been revealed yet, either.

6. And that hasn't been confirmed.

Ah yes, what might be going through your mind is "that's a lot of empty info", and that's what a lot of us in X/Y (heck, the whole entire Pokemon fanbase, actually!) have pretty much been facing. We're getting info in very little bits at a time, and even if we do, it's usually nothing extremely substantial. Probably a Pokemon release here and there with just about little-to-no data about it (going to make this assumption because of the Sylveon hint). Other than that, don't expect much because there is a long way to go until October.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I wish the weaker tm's were move to the beginning as they'll be likely to be used more. Also save the most powerful ones for the last gym areas and Victory road, instead of having them appear at the middle. Also I love it if the gym leaders gave out some better tm's. Maybe even have one of them give out an HM.
I don't want bad TMs at all. :x I hate how there's basically nothing good at the start of the games and stronger TMs would help that!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't want bad TMs at all. :x I hate how there's basically nothing good at the start of the games and stronger TMs would help that!
Yeah, that was one thing that always irked me. I hope X and Y changes that up a bit.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I think moves such as water pulse would be good for early tm's...better than struggle bug...
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:07 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I think moves such as water pulse would be good for early tm's...better than struggle bug...
Ugh... Struggle Bug. One of the weakest TM moves ever, it was so weak I never taught it to any of my Bug-types, not even the special-based ones.

I'm hoping they have some good TMs this generation, fingers crossed!
Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

But what about the total number of TMs available for Gen VI? Surely that's much important as the strengths of the TMs. I can only imagine them limited to up to 100 TMs (not counting HMs) for balance reasons, which means more TM removals for newer ones.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But what about the total number of TMs available for Gen VI? Surely that's much important as the strengths of the TMs. I can only imagine them limited to up to 100 TMs (not counting HMs) for balance reasons, which means more TM removals for newer ones.
I was thinking the same thing. There will be weaker TMs used by Gym Leaders and handed out by Gym Leaders, still.

Cyclone

Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Maybe they'll keep the number at the same as generation IV. I'll rather have fewer, but more useful TM's than many and the majority not being very useful.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
Antemortem
my clique

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I don't want more TMs, but rather a change in the current ones. There are a few that could get replaced with better attacks, and I much prefer the concept of just offering better/powerful attacks/stat attacks as TMs so they are made more valuable.
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I'm indifferent either way, whether there's more TMs or having the current TMs replaced with different ones. Preferably the former though, because I'm a person that likes to have lots of different choices~
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm the same. I like the variety a large set list of TMs offer, but I could honestly do without all the useless ones I'm probably never going to use. I wouldn't mind some new ones being added to the list, so long as it doesn't cross a tedious amount of TMs total. I thought 100 was pretty appropriate, but I wouldn't mind if it were to hit 130.

As for what TMs we get early in the games. I think it's better they save the stronger moves for later in the game. If they provided all the go-to moves too soon, it'd lessen the challenge of the games in my opinion.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Just to bring up a slightly different topic, what moves are you guys hoping that the move tutors might teach this generation? I mean, should they continue teaching the elemental punches, or should those finally becomes TMs, also? Basically, what moves from last generation do you see becoming TMs and what moves do you see becoming moves that are...tutor-able, so to speak? :x
Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Just to bring up a slightly different topic, what moves are you guys hoping that the move tutors might teach this generation? I mean, should they continue teaching the elemental punches, or should those finally becomes TMs, also? Basically, what moves from last generation do you see becoming TMs and what moves do you see becoming moves that are...tutor-able, so to speak? :x
Its kinda early to talk about Move tutors though. Those don't appear until much later, around the Third/Sequel/Remakes time of appearance. I personally want the Move Tutor list to stay exactly as it is plus add a few moves from Gen 6.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Its kinda early to talk about Move tutors though. Those don't appear until much later, around the Third/Sequel/Remakes time of appearance. I personally want the Move Tutor list to stay exactly as it is plus add a few moves from Gen 6.
Ah yes. I mean, I understand that it's a bit early because we have yet to hear about any Gen 6 moves or anything like that, but I suppose I was speaking more in terms of past gen moves perhaps being tutor-able in this generation, I suppose. :x
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I always get a bit disappointed when moves are no longer available because they aren't tutor moves anymore. So I hope they keep all the old ones.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:44 PM
Forever
let it go

I'm kind of more interested in whether they'll keep the Shard system etc. Nothing says they won't, but still - I think maybe they might make it easier to get move tutor moves, possibly...?
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:48 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'm kind of more interested in whether they'll keep the Shard system etc. Nothing says they won't, but still - I think maybe they might make it easier to get move tutor moves, possibly...?
I hope they just make it cost money. It'd make life a lot easier.

I wonder if they'll have version exclusive TMs/Tutor Moves.
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I honestly hope the move tutors will accept something other than shards. In Platinum, it was very specific and then in Unova they made it a bit easier. However, I feel like both ways were just too complicated because sometimes finding shards isn't an easy task ─ especially in DPPt. Either take my money or want something that isn't so difficult to obtain, but please no more shard collecting move tutors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I really hope not.
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I honestly hope the move tutors will accept something other than shards. In Platinum, it was very specific and then in Unova they made it a bit easier. However, I feel like both ways were just too complicated because sometimes finding shards isn't an easy task ─ especially in DPPt. Either take my money or want something that isn't so difficult to obtain, but please no more shard collecting move tutors.
Yeah, I was kinda alright with how Black 2 & White 2's Move Tutors accepted shards of only one color but I hope they make you just pay some money this time around since money grinding is pretty easy these days. If they do stay with shards they should give them an easy way to obtain like with Black 2 & White 2 having them in dust clouds.

I know Platinum's Move Tutors were a little too specific with shards but HeartGold & SoulSilver was even worse with the fact that BP (Battle Points) were required to teach moves. I hope we don't see that again.
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I hope they just make it cost money. It'd make life a lot easier.

"Hey buddy, I need to trade you my Hydreigon so it can learn Dark Pulse. I'll teach yours Outrage, and we'll then trade back. Deal?"

No, no, please God no. Not a good idea.

Cyclone

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Forever
let it go

I actually like the idea :x GF likes to promote having both games, and you'd also get experience for that Pokemon (uh, like exp boost I think - if not, make it happen) so it'd make training easier :3
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links