• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What cellphone do you have??

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I have an iPhone 4. It's great, but when I get my upgrade in July I am debating whether or not to switch to a new platform phone or get the iPhone 5.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Eh, Samsung Galaxy S3. In my opinion the best phone out there, short of the S4 of course ;;

Handy phone, does practically everything, great processing speed and amazing display... etc all that rant :/

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have an iPhone 4. It's great, but when I get my upgrade in July I am debating whether or not to switch to a new platform phone or get the iPhone 5.

If you still want to go iPhone, wait until this fall when the next one gets announced.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 5, and it really is a great phone, albeit very similar to all the other iPhone models.

I like how the screen is a bit longer and the resolution a bit better than its 4 and 4S counterparts, but like Mac said above, if you currently have an iPhone 4 or 4S (and want to upgrade to the latest model), I suggest waiting till a newer model is released because you really won't be able to tell the difference between those and the 5th model.

Years
I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 5, and it really is a great phone, albeit very similar to all the other iPhone models.

I like how the screen is a bit longer and the resolution a bit better than its 4 and 4S counterparts, but like Mac said above, if you currently have an iPhone 4 or 4S (and want to upgrade to the latest model), I suggest waiting till a newer model is released because you really won't be able to tell the difference between those and the 5th model.

It's highly likely the next model will be much more than an improved iPhone 5. So whilst it's probably worth waiting by now, the changes won't be a whole lot more drastic than the 4S->5, which was a reasonable jump, IMO.

That's the thing with iPhones. They don't have to switch things up every generation, it's an incremental progression. Half of the selling point of iOS products is that they have a well-established, well-known platform. They don't have to keep changing things for the sake of change, which I don't deem a bad thing. As long as it doesn't stall progress dramatically. Bleeding edge is not necessary - this goes especially for quad+ core phones with ridiculously-sized screens. They are getting to the point of heavily diminishing returns, yet the elite outspoken consumers complain if they don't deem it enough of an upgrade.

Look at the Samsung GS4's recent announcement. Here's what most of the articles say:

"I know the screen is bigger and has a higher resolution, the processor is faster, there is more ram, the camera is better, the battery is bigger and the handset itself is slimmer and lighter compared the GS3, but it... it... looks like similar to the GS3 and I'm an over-entitled keyboard warrior who can't actually justify or even quantify what it is that I think would be enough, so I'll just complain incessantly that they let me down personally."

...and the same thing goes for most major phone releases, but especially the iPhones and Galaxies. As a result, the companies are forced to bump all the numbers up and change the appearance enough to keep the ravenous fanboys and media 'experts' from ridiculing them, rather than focusing on actually improving the phones as a product. Is this why we still pushing the screen size to silly levels and cramming as many cores as possible into a constantly slimming chassis, rather than extending the battery life or improving reception?

I had to get that off my chest - it's not directed at anyone here, I just needed to share my view on the situation.

Oh, I'll answer the question. iPhone 4 16GB Black. Need more space and it can get a little sluggish from time to time, but it's continuing to serve me well. Honestly, moving to a 32GB 4S would keep me happy for a another few years to come, but I'm not up for spending the money on a new phone for the time being.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I have Bell Mobility's LG Optimus Chic E720B w/Android 2.2, 5 MP Camera--HSDPA Mobile Network. Had for almost 2 years now, still good and works fine and still love it.

(Bell Mobility is a Carrier in Canada*)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I have a Samsung Galaxy Europa which seems to be on it's way out. I've had it for nearly 2 years and is a decent little thing, although you need a freaking microscope to see the screen although I just tether my phone's internet to my Nexus 7 tablet to use most of it's functions.

I'm saving up for a new phone, yet I have no idea what it could be. :/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I *still* have the Samsung Infuse 4G. It's a good phone, but it does have its flaws. I'm getting an upgrade at the end of the month, since the phone runs Froyo. I'm looking into either an iPhone 4S or an HTC One VX.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I have an iPhone 4S. I'm an Apple junkie, but it's my first iPhone and I love it. I got it on New Year's Eve Day, so I've only had it for a few months. I've had at least 13 other cell phones, though. :P

Clairvoyance_

Arcanine
Years
I have an iPhone 4 8 gig. I'm eligible for an upgrade in July, though. :D I'm hoping to get a 32 or 64 gig iPhone 5. It's a pain to not be able to fit all of your music on your phone. Especially when music really fuels your life. /: I only have 1,000 songs on my iPhone out of my 3,100 songs in my iTunes library! D:

Back