The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
Greetings,
I want to reserve a quadruped pokemon club
Just for any Pokémon that walks on four legs...? Seems a bit vague but I'd be interested to see how it works! Go right ahead, you have 'till the 9th :D
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

It's quite a niche club, but Emilia's Preserved (The Amber Fuji and Ambertwo club) was approved!
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Feraligatr13

Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to reserve a Fighting-type club, please.

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Wonderful, it's reserved for 7 days, have fun! :D
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
MIAU
Purr~

Nature: Quiet
Not sure if this would be accepted as a club or it should just be a thread in the fanfic (?) forum, but here goes. I was thinking about a club that posts weekly prompts for its members; entries can either be a picture or prose (or poem, haiku, calligram etc), and prompts can be something like a theme, e.g. choosing your starter, a picture, a specific Pokemon/type/move/place etc.

The reason I thought this would work as a club is because it would have a members list and leader board or rankings system, plus a regular update schedule. So before jumping in and creating the club, I wanted to ask first, would something like this be accepted?
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Olli

I'm not too keen on the whole poem thing being part of the main focus, since that's kinda what we have the FF&W section for, so if that's what you want to do, I'm sure you could figure something out with Astinus. If it's just a smaller part of it though, and only comes up as frequently as any of the other ideas you have, then I don't see a problem with it.

But about the club. While I love the idea, and though it'd something positively different from what we usually see, I don't know if it'll actually work. I reckon a club like that would need a good chunk of members to be active for all these prompts, and it'd need dedicated people to run it. And don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you're capable of running this, however, I've seen people come up with great ideas before, then giving up because it didn't work out exactly the way they wanted (that applies for both club-owners and in other cases), and with a club like this, that's kinda what it needs to do anyway. Unless you have a group of people who are willing to participate each week, there just won't be much fun to it.

Basically, with how activity is at the moment, I don't see the club living through its purpose, but that shouldn't stop you from trying it out anyways. If you present the club well, bring up some interesting and fun stuff, etc., then I'm sure it'll attract some people, and that may just end up reeling other people in.

So yeah, if you do want to make it, I say go for it. The idea is perfectly fine, as long as it all relates to Pokemon, and doesn't focus too much on things covered in other sections. However, you shouldn't feel too beat down if it doesn't make it far.
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
atmmachine11
Jumping portals since 1997.

I would like to reserve a generation V club if that's alright.

______________ __________________
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Olli

Unfortunately we don't allow fan clubs to be made on the generations themselves, since that's already covered by the other sections. You can however make a club specifically on the Pokemon of each generation, so a club solely discussing the Pokemon of generation V is perfectly fine, which I can see from the club that you submitted, might've been what you meant anyways. But that means you can discuss anything you want about those Pokemon, whether it'd be specific Pokemon belonging to specific trainers (like Marlon's Jellicent for example), but they need to be the fifth generation Pokemon exclusively.

You club has been approved, but I'd suggest adding a description telling what the club is about and reminding people not to talk about anything gen V related outside of the Pokemon. Of course discussion can branch into other stuff, but just try to steer it back on track :)

atmmachine11's Gen V Pokemon Fan Club was approved.
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

The Team Plasma club was revoked upon discussion due to being much more suited as a battle center group.
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Umbr30n
Laggity Laggity Flash Crash!

May I reserve a Fire-Type Fan Club again? Sorry if the question is annoying (Seeing as I asked to reserve it again, after asking for it to be closed), but I had to close my other Fire Type club because I was getting a bit inactive on the forums, and the Club IMO was getting rather spammy. If I am allowed to reserve it, I may need to recreate it as a new thread as it would be quite different to the last one.

With that, can my Rival Fan Club be closed?

Last edited by Umbr30n; March 14th, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Olli

Yeah, sure thing, however, try not to make it a common theme :) I know you're a capable and dedicated owner, which is why there isn't much of a problem doing this, however if you end up doing this repeadetly, it's not really gonna look good on you :/ But yeah, you have it reserved ^^

★ The Competitive Frenemies ★ Rival Fan Club! ★ was closed at request of the owner.

Last edited by Major Ziggs; March 14th, 2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: oops
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Patrick
Winter Love

Nature: Sassy
Here's a hypothetical for you:

I'm not saying I want to create this, least not now (who has the time?), but what if there was a club where people with their own personal Pokemon characters, mascots, or Pokesonas could get together and share that kind of stuff with each other, maybe give interesting feedback on others, help them out in developing one, post up artwork and whatever else? It wouldn't be solely an art club or a writing club, that's what those sub forums are for, but the thing is, it's sort of hard to find out who has what, so perhaps a collective arena might get everyone together.

Quite honestly, I joined the forum to see others' personal interpretations of their favorite Pokemon (humorously, but anything's good, really). It's fun to me to get to know more about other people's characters when they aren't mary sues.

Now, I can see one potential issue being that it might start to spill out of the boundaries of the franchise, which could make its connection to Pokemon blurry. Another problem could be that it turns into one big circlej*rk, I suppose some of that's inevitable, but an effective leader could keep it from becoming a club full of positive reinforcement spam loop about "how great my character is". That can be managed with topics, and I can come up with plenty. :P

Topics would also keep it from turning into a thread full of arts and novels, as we could just easily link to our galleries for that. They'd be more in line with "what's the one personality quirk your character is known for" or something much more fun and silly like "what would your character do if it had one day to live". And then, there's "If your character is a wild Pokemon, would it behave differently if owned by a trainer" and vice versa.

Other rules would be to be respectful, no telling anyone their ideas suck or anything, and if a person's looking for constructive crits, flaming won't be allowed.

It has the potential to be amusing, anyway. Of course, I don't really know. Plus, members with characters would have to know the club exists to get anything out of it.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old March 14th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post

I'm not saying I want to create this, least not now (who has the time?), but what if there was a club where people with their own personal Pokemon characters, mascots, or Pokesonas could get together and share that kind of stuff with each other, maybe give interesting feedback on others, help them out in developing one, post up artwork and whatever else? It wouldn't be solely an art club or a writing club, that's what those sub forums are for, but the thing is, it's sort of hard to find out who has what, so perhaps a collective arena might get everyone together.

Quite honestly, I joined the forum to see others' personal interpretations of their favorite Pokemon (humorously, but anything's good, really). It's fun to me to get to know more about other people's characters when they aren't mary sues.

Now, I can see one potential issue being that it might start to spill out of the boundaries of the franchise, which could make its connection to Pokemon blurry. Another problem could be that it turns into one big circlej*rk, I suppose some of that's inevitable, but an effective leader could keep it from becoming a club full of positive reinforcement spam loop about "how great my character is". That can be managed with topics, and I can come up with plenty. :P

Topics would also keep it from turning into a thread full of arts and novels, as we could just easily link to our galleries for that. They'd be more in line with "what's the one personality quirk your character is known for" or something much more fun and silly like "what would your character do if it had one day to live". And then, there's "If your character is a wild Pokemon, would it behave differently if owned by a trainer" and vice versa.

Other rules would be to be respectful, no telling anyone their ideas suck or anything, and if a person's looking for constructive crits, flaming won't be allowed.

It has the potential to be amusing, anyway. Of course, I don't really know. Plus, members with characters would have to know the club exists to get anything out of it.
I really like this idea, it's certainly a new take on clubs but I think it's a big step in the right direction. I've wanted clubs like this to exist for a long time but I've never found a way to introduce them, so if this works out it'd be a great step. The only slight issue I'm wondering is whether the Pokémon personas would be based on pre-existing Pokémon or fan-made Pokémon? I'm sure we could make it work either way, but we don't generally allow clubs based on fakémon so we may have to look into it first.

The only real problem I can think of is gathering enough activity to make the club worthwhile as I haven't seen many people with these interests around the site, but I'm sure they're out there so with some good advertising it should be easy enough to get the numbers stable. Basically I'm all for it if you're wanting to make it :)
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Umbr30n's ★ The Blazing Inferno 2! ★ ~ Fire-Type Fan Club ~ was approved!
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post

Now, I can see one potential issue being that it might start to spill out of the boundaries of the franchise, which could make its connection to Pokemon blurry. Another problem could be that it turns into one big circlej*rk, I suppose some of that's inevitable, but an effective leader could keep it from becoming a club full of positive reinforcement spam loop about "how great my character is". That can be managed with topics, and I can come up with plenty.

I really like this idea, and you can expect me to join if you make it sometime.
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Cognition Clu -----The Club for Psychic Type Lovers was revoked for not having enough content to constitute a club.

Hoenn Region Club was revoked both for not having enough content to constitute a club, and for being made on an already existing topic.
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ View Post
Could I make a Electric Type Fan club?
Of course! Make sure to check out some other clubs first to see what they're like since it's your first time making one and feel free to contact me if you need any help at all or want to check anything :) Can't wait to see it!
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Olli

♡ Mystery Eggs [Baby Pokémon Club] ♡, ✫ Irregular Genetic [Eevee and Eeveelutions Club] ✬ and Pokémon Origins [Ancient Pokémon Club] were all closed at request of the owner.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:06 AM
Olli

No Future's Thunder Shocks "ϟ The Electrifying Fan Club ϟ" was approved.
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Olli

Pichu02's *Birch Winds* (Grass Type Fan Club) was approved.
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Olli

Update - April 8th

The Pokemon League Club! was revoked, due to lacking sufficient content, as well as covering too broad a topic.

Update - April 9th

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!, Dragon Pokémon Club and ♥The Cute Pokémon Club!♥ : The Redux! were all closed at request of the owner.
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Dibs on Cute Club! Bringing back my old baby :') (Reserve please etc do we still do that idek)
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Olli

Great, you'll have it reserved till the 16th! ;D Let's see if you can get it to be as active as your old one used to be :p
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Oh wow, and I joined that club just last night. D:

WELL to complete my rebound to this section, I would like to hand in my reservation to the Super Starter Pokemon Club. Please and thank you Ollibby! <3

Sponsored Links