Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

View Poll Results: Who'd survive?
Mewtwo 10 76.92%
Sabrina of Saffron City 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Angelus Domini
Beginning Trainer

Sabrina has got to be the most powerful Psychic human even until the 5th generation. She has exhibited more power than even Sir Aaron and Riley combined, both Aura users. She can turn humans to dolls, shrink human sizes, teleport, make a manifestation of herself, destroy a house, bend almost anything metal, manipulate gravity, etc.

Mewtwo is virtually the most powerful Psychic Pokemon. Mewtwo exhibited a lot more skills than Mew or any other Psychic Pokemon ever had. He rebuilt New Island, can mind control, can teleport various Pokemons and even large pieces of land altogether, can erase memories, etc.

Now if these two were to fight to the death, with Sabrina having no intention to capture Mewtwo, who would survive?

Discuss. ;p

TAKE NOTE: Anime/Movie Generation 5 Sabrina and Mewtwo. Meaning, Sabrina and Mewtwo would be more powerful than they were in Anime/Movie Generation 1.

Last edited by Angelus Domini; March 18th, 2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old March 19th, 2011, 12:00 AM
MythologicalHAX
Psychic Nightmare

Nature: Calm
pretty sure mewtwo would just make her brain leak out her ears sabrinas got nothin
~Official Pokemon trainer since 1998~

Arcanine is a pokegod and is breathtakingly powerful. If you like Arcanine paste this in your sig. If you don't then I just don't like you.

Current Challenges:
Ultimate Lyric Challenge - W2: 0/8
TIME WARP BABY!- G : 8/16

Old March 19th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Angelus Domini
Beginning Trainer

Oh but Sabrina is arguably the most powerful Psychic human in the Pokemon World.
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:45 AM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Nature: Brave
Psychic human < psychic Pokemon.

Sabrina, although powerful, simply can't beat Mewtwo. Mewtwo can do nearly everything that Sabrina can do, except better. (He is a powered up version of Mew, which is already powerful to begin with. :\)
Game Over!
You failed to restore peace to the planet Algo.

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
-The Vending Machine (Click me please!)-
-Let's Play/Torture/Screw Around With: Pokémon Red Version!
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I guess if you want anime versions only... this goes in the Anime forum.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo and Sabrina's psychic abilities are on par with one another. I mean, they've done pretty much the impossible during their appearances.

Old March 19th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
Mewtwo obviously. Otherwise Giovanni would have tried to capture Sabrina! ;P

Old March 20th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
You don't really have to add that tag to all your posts, the thread is in the anime section anyway.

Anyway, I actually like this question it's pretty interesting.
I guess Sabrina is very strong, and she did learn how to control her powers. Geez, this is hard. Mewtwo has been shown to be very strong in the movies.

Can't she just catch it? I think it would obviously fit her very well. If there was some sort of show down I probably would just go for Sabrina. She could easily just turn Mewtwo into a doll and capture it with a pokeball. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayin View Post
Mewtwo obviously. Otherwise Giovanni would have tried to capture Sabrina! ;P
Well he wanted the most powerful Pokémon. I doubt he probably knew much about her psychic abilities either, but yeah - Giovanni trying to capture Sabrina wouldn't be a very good storyline, in my opinion. :P
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old March 20th, 2011, 06:59 AM
ShinyMeowth
Gone forever

Nature: Calm
I'm sure it would be Mewtwo. Sure Sabrina has some powerful psychic attacks, but what about her defense? She is still a human, and I'm sure one shadow ball could explode her into a million pieces.

Shiny ★ Meowth

Old March 20th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Angelus Domini
Beginning Trainer

Also, even if Mewtwo gets turned into a doll, I don't think that would affect his Psychic abilities. Mewtwo could still be a Psychic doll. XD
Old March 20th, 2011, 04:28 PM
♠Dawn Rayne♠
Best in the world at what I do

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to ♠Dawn Rayne♠
Sabrina would most definatley have to have something crazy planned for Mewtwo. She would know how powerful he is and have something up her sleeve. Perhaps she would be able to pull it off somehow, so I wouldn't doubt her winning.

Furthermore, they both have their soft sides as well so that would play a role in the battle as well if they knew how to get at each other on an emotional level.
If you ever need anything please don't
Hesitate to ask someone else first
I'm too busy acting like I'm not naive
I've seen it all, I was here first..

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
It depends on which version, as powers vary. However, I'll go with the anime, since both characters are the most powerful (Sabrina can convert people into dolls; Mewtwo can do mindwipes). In terms of will, both are probably even matched, so psychic power vs. psychic power would likely end up a statemate.

I think Mewtwo will ultimately win, as it can use Pokemon attacks. Human endurance aside, it is hard to compete with that. That said, her younger self persona might be a decent psychological tool, as she could remind Mewtwo of Amber-two or Ai-two. A slight pause, and it could turn the battle around.

Of course, I could be wrong, as I was never good at this. heh.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid

Ooh...uh...this would be quite tough, especially considering as it involves a human whose statistics aren't necessarily quantifiable by Pokemon standards. >.< The battle would be very close, likely resulting in a stalemate. And though Mewtwo can mimic several abilities of Sabrina, there are certain actions that he cannot perform in duplicity, such as turning humans into inanimate dolls, minimizing his size, and create manifestations of himself (if one does not count the illusory Double Team and the odd mechanic of Substitute. Then again, Mewtwo from Generation 3 can just use Mimic to copy Sabrina's techniques). She could also simply catch Mewtwo in a Master Ball, which Mewtwo has succumbed to time and time again in the games.

However, Mewtwo also has various elemental moves at his disposable, some of which Sabrina could only dream of matching, such as Thunder (and notably whipping up a storm just by waving his hands), Hyper Beam, and Earthquake. Moreover, Mewtwo has the capacity of setting up defensive wards such as Reflect, Guard Swap, and Safeguard, not to mention he can recover his HP when the battle takes a turn for the worse.

This battle is quite difficult to gauge the winner of, though Mewtwo may have a slight edge. I'd love to see something like this (Sabrina vs. Mewtwo) manifest one day in the Pokemon anime; maybe in another Pokemon Chronicles special?
[2011 HIATUS] Will be on PokeCommunity intermittently in 2012 2013 2014.
Visit the Crowning Remix of Awesome HERE and HERE
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Dragonslaya197
Unhatched Egg

It is a reasonable question, though I don't have much doubt that Mewtwo would likely come out on top. I mean, he can create "the biggest storm ever" with near, no effort.
Old March 25th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for over a month. Thanks.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links