The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
...which one would it be? Why? Is your decision based off that Pokemon's aesthetics? Movepool? Competitive capabilities?

Discuss!
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Tyrael
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrael
Combee. Does evolve into a decent pokemon, but I really think Combee is an ugly pokemon XD

As long as these struggles are aimless, we will all be standing still.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Hmm to be quite honest, running the list of Sinnoh Pokemon through my head I can't see one that I'd like to get rid of, but if I had to make a decision it would definitely be Burmy. I can see Game Freak trying to think of something creative and it's concept was interesting but, it's design was rubbish. I think that's an unintentional pun right there but yeah to get to the point Burmy overall is absolutely awful. It's stats are awful, the overall design isn't particularly great and there's nothing much I personally like about it.

Also Combee is the cutest Pokemon in existence. :(
Old March 24th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Thursday
Now In Blue
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia
Also Combee is the cutest Pokemon in existence.
Combee? No, Cherrim is the cutest!

Anywho, I would get rid of infernape, just because it is a fire/fighting and I hate them

Username:
Thursday
Friend Safari:
Dark

Friend Code:
1006-0591-1577

Old March 25th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Ohohohoo. The list I have here. But, I'll just post one.

Bidoof: I understand that allot of people like this Pokemon for some reason, but he was never good on my team and his evolution looks pretty dumb... so does Bidoof itself... Actually, I think this of most early game normal types.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old March 25th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Can I erase Probopass from existence for looking absolutely ridiculous? It's actually a decent Pokemon, but I could never find myself using it just because of its design.

The only other Pokemon I think I might erase is Heatran. Gen IV really felt like it started to add more and more legendaries just for the sake of it, and Heatran is one of those in my eyes. I almost considered Regigigas, too, but at least it has some connection to other legendaries, unlike Heatran, who's just kind of there.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old March 25th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I would erase Burmy, its movepool is terrible and it evolves into terrible Pokemon as well.
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
If I could erase one shinnoh pokemon it would be Mime Jr. It has no point in the game as Mr.Mime REALLY did not need a pre-evolution. Plus it is Ugly.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Drakio
The next youngster Joey!

Nature: Relaxed
I could go on for days talking about all of the ones I would get rid of. But the top 5 ones i would get rid of is; 5 chingling, there is no real point to this pokemon, it's moves are terrible and the stats are bad to. 4, pachirisu, this pokemon is basically a copy of a pikachu, also it's moves aren't nearly as good as picaku's. We don't need another over rated pokemon that everyone loves so much. 3, the whole kricketot family, what bug has a handle bar mustache and the only good move that kricketune can learn is x-scissor. 2, mime jr. and bonsly. why must the sinnoh region add an evolution to EVERY pokemon, these are just terrible pre- evolution forms. 1, happiny, why is he even here. All that you have to do is level up happiny one with an oval stone and he evolves into a useful Chansey. 1.5, phione, he is just a copy of manaphy. He doesn't show up in any of the manga, and I though he was at least the pre- evolution to manaphy but no, he is a totally different pokemon.

I honestly don't hate the sinnoh region, I just think that they made a lot of pointless evolutions. Some of my favorite pokemon are from the sinnoh region, like lucario.
Old March 25th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I like most of the Sinnoh Pokémon. Only one I'd erase is Phione, because it's kinda pointless.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
omg can I only get rid of one? I have a few so too bad. If you love gen IV Pokemon, you can just skip my post lol. :P

Lickilicky
Just because of the name. I mean, how could this name pass? You can never talk about this Pokemon in public, because people will think you're talking about like...naughty things! I had someone on the bus ask me to trade him one and omg talk about awkward. ;___;

Grotle
It just looks...uncomfortable. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean look at it. It's all hunched over and just looks like it's in pain and omg its face blehhh.

Burmy
Like everyone else said, this guy can go. The concept was interesting, but it came out ugly and just...idk it's gimmicky. However, I like Wormadam and Mothim. They're not fantastic, but I think it would have made more sense to skip Burmy and just have Wormadam and Mothim as completely unrelated Pokemon. Burmy doesn't even look like Mothim so...wtf? lol

Phione
Again, this one has already been mentioned as being pointless, and it really is. It was basically like GameFreak said "Quick, let's shove in one more legendary into this gen that already has a ton of them!" And with that, you get the most useless legendary in the whole series. I guess it's neat that it comes from Manaphy and Ditto breeding, but still, not worth the gimmick.

MALE Combee
Seriously, I don't see the point in making a Pokemon that has a low chance of being female...and the only Combee that evolve have to be...female. That's a kick in the face if I ever saw one. Why even have males? Just have them all female. I guess it's more logical to have many male Combee because that's similar to real bees, but let's not TRY to put logic in a game where ten year olds go off on adventures with wild beasts. I think Combee is adorable, but Lord, the males can just go. They're worthless. Really.

Ambipom
There are udders on its tails and that's all I'm going to say. That's all. Okay. Yup. Udders. Bye.

I think that's all I got for now. In making this list, I never realized how gimmicky a lot of the Pokemon are. Cherrim's ability is gimmicky too, which I like Cherrim so I don't want it to be gone, but yeah. I digress though.

paired to peeta
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
omg can I only get rid of one? I have a few so too bad. If you love gen IV Pokemon, you can just skip my post lol.
I won't! :D

Quote:
Lickilicky
Just because of the name. I mean, how could this name pass? You can never talk about this Pokemon in public, because people will think you're talking about like...naughty things! I had someone on the bus ask me to trade him one and omg talk about awkward. ;___;
Ask the Japanese. Its Japanese name is Beroberuto, and I think Lickilicky is probably the most accurate translation, so they picked it.

Quote:
Grotle
It just looks...uncomfortable. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean look at it. It's all hunched over and just looks like it's in pain and omg its face blehhh.
Torterra is boss, though.

Quote:
Burmy
Like everyone else said, this guy can go. The concept was interesting, but it came out ugly and just...idk it's gimmicky. However, I like Wormadam and Mothim. They're not fantastic, but I think it would have made more sense to skip Burmy and just have Wormadam and Mothim as completely unrelated Pokemon. Burmy doesn't even look like Mothim so...wtf? lol
A cloakless Burmy resembles Mothim more than Caterpie resembles Butterfree. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Phione
Again, this one has already been mentioned as being pointless, and it really is. It was basically like GameFreak said "Quick, let's shove in one more legendary into this gen that already has a ton of them!" And with that, you get the most useless legendary in the whole series. I guess it's neat that it comes from Manaphy and Ditto breeding, but still, not worth the gimmick.
It's not a legendary. It's banned from wifi because GF is silly, but, since it's not an unique Pokémon, it's not legendary.

Quote:
MALE Combee
Seriously, I don't see the point in making a Pokemon that has a low chance of being female...and the only Combee that evolve have to be...female. That's a kick in the face if I ever saw one. Why even have males? Just have them all female. I guess it's more logical to have many male Combee because that's similar to real bees, but let's not TRY to put logic in a game where ten year olds go off on adventures with wild beasts. I think Combee is adorable, but Lord, the males can just go. They're worthless. Really.
You do know queen bees are rare, right? There's like, one in a honeycomb. Combee is a honeybee, therefore Vespiquen (the queen) should be rare.

Quote:
Ambipom
There are udders on its tails and that's all I'm going to say. That's all. Okay. Yup. Udders. Bye.
Never cared about him.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:27 PM
GalacticGlameow
Galactic Grunt!

Nature: Careful
Bibarel! Bidoof is somewhat okay but Bibarel is just dumb-looking and his attacks are weak. I only have him on my team for the HMs like Cut, Strength, and Rock Smash.
Old March 30th, 2013, 02:56 AM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Burmy line for starters. They are largely forgettable and fairly useless, their gimmick is poor and the 'better' option of Mothim is... also poor and rather too close to already existing, superior options (butterfree? beautifly? uh...).

If I had to choose another then it'd be maybe one of the pre-evolutions/evolutions of previous gen Pokemon, as some didn't appear to me much in design nor prove to be a useful addition with battling prowess.

Bidoof? Keep it! Maybe that encounter rate was a bit too high, but it was wonderful as a HM slave and with the right amount of derp to it too. Who needs a boring forgettable HM slave when you can use one with buck teeth and a vacant expression?
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Erase as in having never existed, or just erase it from current time so I'll never have to see it again :D

I'd say, if the Pokemon was to never have existed, I'd honestly choose Arceus. Like, I like it as a Pokemon and all, but I just feel like having an actual God Pokemon just seems a bit over the top, and has potentially ruined how superior any future legendaries can feel. I mean, for the longest time, Mewtwo was known as the strongest Pokemon alive (even if it wasn't), and all that was ruined when Arceus came along. And no Pokemon can ever really live up to the God of all Pokemon, even if it too was to be considered a God Pokemon. I just feel like it ruined the future of legendary Pokemon.
Old March 30th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
It's not a legendary. It's banned from wifi because GF is silly, but, since it's not an unique Pokémon, it's not legendary.
Actually yes it is a legendary. Gamefreak made it to be a Legendary Pokemon. Its classified as a Legendary Pokemon by Gamefreaks standards so it is a legendary.

Its possibly my only choice for removing, at least removing from the Manaphy relation if anything. I didn't see the point of finally allowing a Legendary to breed only to create a weaker legendary baby. Leave it as a weak stand alone, but I'd erase Phione's relation to Manaphy if not Phione itself.
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Bern

Nature: Relaxed
Definently Bidoof and chatot. i cannot stand either of them. Not to mention mime jr. aswell.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:02 AM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Skuntank. For aesthetics primarily. It's a giant skunk with its main feature being it's raunchy posterior and morbid smell that has a farting sound as its cry.

ಠ_ಠ
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:23 AM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archenoth View Post
Skuntank. For aesthetics primarily. It's a giant skunk with its main feature being it's raunchy posterior and morbid smell that has a farting sound as its cry.

ಠ_ಠ
I like Skunktank alot , though everyone has their opinion. Personally I think it's underrated and it's not bad of a Pokemon. That's just me though.

Anyway, it's hard for me to just pick one, there's a few I really want to get rid of. Like Burmy and Purugly. But if I have to pick just one, I would get rid of Heatran. It's pretty much pointless and doesn't fit with the Pokedex to me. It has no significance to the plot of DDPt and seems like one of those Pokemon that Gamefreak gave Legendary status just to add another Legendary. And I only catch it just cause it is a Legendary Pokemon and is rare.

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:48 AM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
I like Skunktank alot , though everyone has their opinion. Personally I think it's underrated and it's not bad of a Pokemon. That's just me though.
Oh definitely.

I think I just don't like it because I have a weird mental hangup with anything perceived to smell bad.
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:02 AM
Sonkitts

I like Heatran!

I always imagined that it started off as a weak Pokémon and the toughness of the mountain and the area made it tougher and tougher until it eventually became the most powerful there. Not to mention I love that part of the game for some reason. It always reminded me of Death Mountain from the Ocarina of Time.

As for Pokémon that I'd 'get' rid off, I'd have to agree with Burmy. Cool idea, poor executed.
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:18 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Either Burmy, who is pretty self-explanatory, or Porygon-Z, when Porygon2 was already decent to begin with.
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Infernape.

It's the only pokemon in the 4th gen that I can't stand. The 4th gen is my least favourite for pokemon but I can't say I have many dislikes from that gen....it's just a lot of "meh".
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Definitely purrgly (whatever the spelling is). It's ugly, oberpowered, stupid, and looks like an obese maid. I love glameow though. It's awesome.

Pairs - -
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:24 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Lesse.

Turtwig Line
Chimchar Line
Purugly
Skuntank (although quite a charismatic evil Poke)
Bronzor Line
Spiritomb
Croagunk Line
Carnivine

Because they either a) look horrible, or b) are useless.

DPPt had the worst starters of all generations, even compared to Hoenn with Treeko and Mudkip. Between both generations, the bird starters - Piplup and Torchic - were the only aesthetically-pleasing ones. Hoenn only beats DPPt because of the whole Mudkip meme.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links