The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga

Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Brendonwii
Gooby pls

Nature: Modest
What I'm trying to do whilst balancing my last year of school is:

Anime:
Fairy Tail
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
One Piece
Sword Art Online

Manga:
Death Note
Fairy Tail
Kekkaishi (Amazing)
Hunter X Hunter
Naruto
One Piece
Shaman King

I wouldn't mind getting back into Ranma 1/2.

However, cut me some slack.
I've only been watching anime/reading manga since this time last year.
(Started by watching all the episodes of One Piece)

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

The only anime I'm actively watching right now is Zetsuen no Tempest. I had quite a number of anime in my backlog, but as soon as I realized that Bones was making an anime this season, I had to start watching just this one. XD; I find it to be a brilliant series so far. I'm absolutely enchanted by the Bones studio quality animation. I love the characters, their individual motives and interests, yet they and the story's events are centered around this one intriguing character. The story can end in tragedy like Hamlet or have a happy ending like The Tempest. Yup, Shakespeare. So, I'm on the edge every week...

Old February 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
I'm still involved into the whole Hakuouki hype I got into last Nov/December. I recently rewatched the (main) anime and I still enjoy it. A lot has been said about this series, both positive and negative, but I liked it. Compared to the it's source, the game is obviously better, but still. :3

I'm also watching Chihaya Furu. Though I started watching it mainly for the general set-up of it being a Josei series(I didn't even know what "Karuta" was), I quickly found out it's one of the better (new) Anime series I've seen in a while.... which goes much farther than the (apparent) initial "1 girl and 2 boys" set-up. Definitally going to finish the first season and the second one.

I'm also watching Amnesia and Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun, but they're not really high on my priority list. I blame tumblr for making me watch these anime. |D

I don't read that much manga, but last weekend, I stumbled on "ICHI". Though classified as a Seinen (which I haven't read before) the story is quite interesting. I read 33 chapters in one go and I can't wait for more chapters. :3

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:49 PM
LHT
Time Devourer

Psycho Pass and Jojo Bizarre Adventure, I recommend them. :D
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
I am working my way through two things that everyone here probably seen and read.

I am currently on volume 10 of the Pokemon Adventures Manga. I'm loving it so far, and I notice it's actually much darker than the rest of the Pokemon canon out there.

I am currently watching Inuyasha, currently on episode 135. I'm quite curious to see where they go from here.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Started watching Kokoro Connect despite after stopping watching it like 2 months ago.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I accidentally downloaded the entirety of this manga called It's Not Like That, Darling and I'd have deleted it ASAP because the translation job is terrible but I don't want the poor share ratio to reflect on my BakaBT account.

Also tonight I'm either starting Angel Beats or Lyrical Nanoha depending on how serious I want to get.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Nanoha, watch that.

Watching Terra e... here. Already loving it.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Although I'm still following Zetsuen no Tempest, I started and completed Durarara in the mean time. I plan on watching Baccano next.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
I'm actually starting Battle Royale (manga). I really liked the book, though the movie was a letdown... So I'm seeing how the manga plays it out. I highly recommend it.
Old March 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
MegaKuriboh

I'm currently finishing Code Geass, and I plan to watch Soul Eater and Bakemonogatari next, I'm also making my way through Bleach and Naruto in the meantime.

As for manga, I'm currently reading through Rosario + Vampire, because a friend of mine recommended it to me, and also Higurashi: When They Cry, I loved the anime for that, and I heard the manga even better than it (which is usually the case).
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Xaldin
Big things come in Nice packages.

I'm currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka. All the faces that onizuka comes up with give me a good chuckle.
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Yukiyo Kayume
The Leviathan

Nature: Relaxed
nothing right now, looking for something good to watch with Romance/Action/Adventure/Fantasy with good characters/story. any suggestions? :D

last one I was watching was SAO, which kind of dropped the ball (sadly) so i stopped midway.

Friend Code: 2148-9230-3068
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I finished Baccano. I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and will start on Hyouka, Bokurano, and Tamako Market sooon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
I'm currently finishing Code Geass, and I plan to watch Soul Eater and Bakemonogatari next, I'm also making my way through Bleach and Naruto in the meantime.
All very good series to watch (though I've only watched a few episodes from Soul Eater). I hope you get a kick out of Bakemonogatari. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiyo Kayume View Post
nothing right now, looking for something good to watch with Romance/Action/Adventure/Fantasy with good characters/story. any suggestions? :D
I'd love to suggest some. Read up on any if you like. I've watched all of these and enjoyed them. Just listing the genres I think stand out, too.

Romance/Mecha: Eureka Seven
Romance/Comedy/School: Toradora!
Action/Mecha/Romance: Code Geass
Action/Fantasy: Zetsuen no Tempest (Blast of Tempest)
Action/Supernatural: Durarara

Old March 31st, 2013, 08:19 AM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
I heard Accel World was good http://myanimelist.net/anime/11759/Accel_World

I haven't looked at it yet though. Waiting for someone.

Old March 31st, 2013, 09:59 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Right now I'm only watching Higurashi no naku Koro Ni Kai (this is the second season the first not having the "Kai" attached) and it is a show I highly recommend if you like having your head messed with and Naruto Shippuden, which is starting to get very interesting. I sometimes watch BW but I'm really far behind and I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as the series before it and I recently finished Orphen but I'm yet to be brave enough to watch Orphen: Revenge since it is supposedly nowhere near as good as the original.

I'm planning on watching several different anime such as Fairy Tail, Death Note, Bleach, Tenjou Tenge, Darker then Black and several others. I'm also considering re-watching Elfen Lied and/or Arcana Famiglia.

As for manga I don't really read it much to be honest but I'm thinking of reading the manga for Shadow Star (Narutaru) since it is supposed to be vastly superior to the anime.
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nothing at the moment, I tried getting into a few of them recently but I lost interest. (Sword Art online was one of them)

My favourite animes are like Shiki and Darker Than Black. Are there any current animes that are similar to these?

It seems like the majority of new animes have really boring concepts behind them. I'm looking for something creative with dynamic characters. Something that will get the brain whizzing.

(On another note, does anyone know of any anime websites or blogs that focus more on animes like Darker Than Black rather than Romance/slice of life animes?

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; April 1st, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:03 PM
Oshy
♩♫♩

KriegStein reccomended that I watch The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou. I am really surprised with this anime.

It really is eye candy. Everything you see is a texture; hair isn't just one color, it's an actual texture! Everything is just so real! Elaborate designs on teacups, and there's a flying saucer that is made out of some type of metal where you can actually see reflections in it. Everything visual is amazing. Here is a picture I snapped of a hobo dancing during Carnival:
Spoiler:

Can't you just see how colorful it is?

Oh, and the voice actors are just amazing. One character is very, somewhat, seductive. And her voice actor did a great portraying just that! Oh! And whoever plays the voice of The Count is simply amazing. It's all just so real.

The plot is really amazing, too. It really keeps you on the edge of your set and shows you the real bond between two friends. Besides, every episode literally is a cliff hanger!
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Xaldin
Big things come in Nice packages.

Now that I'm thinking of it,anyone recommend a horror anime to me?I've seen Elfen Lied and the first season of Higarashi,and that messed with my head a alot o-o.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Isamu Akai
The Chosen One

im currently watching kyou kara maou(Gods saves our King) and wooohhh this is really a amazing anime.....and Yuuri shibuya is very cute:3
and eventually finish the K project and waiting for its season 2 this year I cant wait for this.........
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Sabrewulf238

I just watched an anime short called Little Witch Academia on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99JMLCPJIQ

Go watch it, you won't regret it. First anime in a while that's really pulled me into it's world. The animation is superb.

I'm just sad that it's not going to be a series. It was so short lived.
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Pushing myself to finish Gurren Lagann, pretty close! I also started Sailor Moon and making myself watch that too. I got tired of everyone else having seen it but me. I also started Puella Magi Madoka and I'm about halfway through.

There's so much more anime I want to watch there's just so little time ;;
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:10 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

I'm an episode away from finishing Samerai Shamploo, whcih I've enjoyed very much. Otherwise I've been hacking away through D GrayMan and Kaze No Stigma.

I'm in love with D GrayMan, but a little upset that Netflix cuts it off after 1 season, and then the dub cuts off a season later. I don't mind watching things subbed, but I realllly dislike switching between the two.

I'm not really sure why I'm continuing Kaze No Stigma, I guess I just like the idea of a Wind Magic user. idk.

I might get back to catching up on Bleach...might.
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

I've been slowly making my way through all of Lyrical Nanoha. I kind of grew fond of magical girls after watching stuff with my daughter and my friend said that Nanoha is really good, and he was right. Currently I'm a quarter of the way through A's.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:31 PM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
I'm currently downloading the full series of Shippuden. Watched every episode up to it and just never watched Naruto again .-.
Heard its a great series doe~

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links