The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM
lycheechan
Unhatched Egg

I've made the mistake of posting it in the new users forum and I was told to post it here instead.

I just joined this community to express my ideas and, obviously, I love dating sims (otome games to be specific) and visual novels. I would love to hear people's feedback on this and, if it goes well, I might considering on posting what the story is about as an idea. Feel free to add your suggestions too
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Nauje
Oooooo...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
There's a line for things like this and linking them with a game like Pokemon. I thought having Yancy (or her male counterpart) in the game and the interaction with her was kinda weird, but a full blown dating sim? I mean, how would it even work, except with humans?

Maybe I haven't seen enough dating sims (I've only seen one aha) but wouldn't it be strange having something like that in.. Pokemon?
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
That does sound a bit strange imo. Dating Sims don't really...seem like the type of thing that belongs in a Pokemon game of any kind. New stuff can work out great and all, but this just...doesn't sound that good honestly. :/

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Hmmm, I'm not sure how a Pokemon dating sim would work. All the characters are spread out whereas with dating sims, most characters live/work/go to school in a very close proximity. So unless you make a bunch of OCs or somehow stick them all in the same place I can't see it working. Though I wouldn't really know too much about how it all works as I've only tried out one (Love Plus on DS, yes har har har). Just my two cents.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss

Nature: Quiet
As "interesting" as the thought may be I'd have to say no on the whole humans dating Pokemon bit. Even by my standards that's weird.
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mothman
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
That does sound a bit strange imo. Dating Sims don't really...seem like the type of thing that belongs in a Pokemon game of any kind. New stuff can work out great and all, but this just...doesn't sound that good honestly. :/
Not only that, but it also sounds creepy.
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Sounds exactly like the kind of thing Pokesho would jump on top of, if they haven't already. Like, the top 10-15 females (who are all underage, mind), all with a breast augmentation, and Gardevoir because why not?

Watch, it's gonna happen. Fans'll find a way to do anything, I just ride the wave.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:31 PM
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Nature: Quirky
If one hasn't been made I don't see why not... Especially if you got a Nidoqueen in there...
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
If such a game exists, then chances are, it'll only be a cast of Pokemon rather than human characters, since the latter aren't the main focus of the series.
Old March 26th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Kouzan
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
Dating sims don't really interest me and I don't care for them one bit so with that I'll say no. But also because it's just something that doesn't fit with a game like Pokemon. For one , I don't imagine anyone really wanting to date a Pokemon cause that's just too weird. And two ,while you in a away go on a date with Yancy/Curtis , it's just a side quest and not a full game. It would just seem stranger if it were a full game.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
If such a game exists, then chances are, it'll only be a cast of Pokemon rather than human characters, since the latter aren't the main focus of the series.
*shrugs* I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Wait. I don't even know what everyone's talking about anymore. Was this if an official dating sim were made? What? This is Nintendo and Game Freak, not Konami. Plus, I think GF would rather focus on the humans just for sanity's sake. The other idea isn't exactly child friendly, unless it's in the PMD universe, and even I'd cringe at that idea (unless played it entirely for laughs).

But for fan games? The sky's the limit on that one.

Also, why did everyone assume the Pokemon? I don't think the OP said anything about the monsters specifically.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old March 30th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Renemesis
Unhatched Egg

What do I think of this? I think everyone who thinks this is a good idea, needs to get an ACTUAL IRL date.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links