Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: MEGAMAN BN 7 Lost Dimesion BETA 1 RELEASED

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old December 13th, 2012 (10:54 PM).

hey i patch it on Shiny GOld and when i start i'm with lapras surfing but i can't go anywhere... i do on another rom it says "The Rom Image Has Crashed" i play it use NO$GBA
Old December 13th, 2012 (10:55 PM).

dude for all says "its still fire red" of course not megaman just play it,look into your Trainer Card and Tadaaa..!! its Megaman....!!!
Old December 14th, 2012 (01:08 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Infernapelovers:
hey i patch it on Shiny GOld and when i start i'm with lapras surfing but i can't go anywhere... i do on another rom it says "The Rom Image Has Crashed" i play it use NO$GBA
Because Shiny Gold is hack and not clear Fire Red ROM?
Not to mention use of No$GBA -.-

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 14th, 2012 (06:05 AM).

At lab's 7F, the doctor wearing glasses told you "Im watching you...".
Should be "I'm".

Tried this demo for a while. I've never played Megaman BN before. It would be nice if you give me more hint of direction. For example, the doctor told me to head home, but I didn't know where my home is. Also, Lan told me to register, but I didn't know where to go to do it. Just my personal opinion after trying.

This is great work. Looking forward to its completion.
Old December 16th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Loved the game! Mainly the OW Sprite! I guess that will be Megaman's team in the future:

Megaman (of couse)
Protoman
Roll
Gutsman
Glyde
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND.........................
COLONEL! Well I'm not 100% sure...but keep up the good work!

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old March 26th, 2013 (10:55 AM).
Pokemon Expert

Nature: Calm
Wow, I thought I wouldn't see the day! I love both Pokemon and MegaMan Battle Network! This combo just
made my day! I'm looking forward to this hack's completion! Oh, and good job on the OWs, item pictures, and introduction.
Old March 26th, 2013 (06:51 PM).

Location: I dont remember... Still trying to think about that!
Nature: Naughty
This game looks really cool. The minisprites look really nice!
Old March 26th, 2013 (08:19 PM).
Hacker

Nature: Serious
This look so cool. The overworld sprite is so well-done.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-oEFcKU0&list=UUppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Old March 27th, 2013 (05:16 AM).
scipter

Nature: Quiet
I like the idea of MEGAMAN-pokemon hack, i'm also a MEGAMAN fan too.
But some problem attack with me:

First: I'm really comfused by the map, after 15 minutes going around and around I cant go outside the lab or anywhere else! So I give up. There is also a lab, but it requires a card key .
I've seen some pictures above, and I know I can go further, but I just cant find the way.

Second: Some place in the lab looks like a wall, with black solid color, but I can still go through and find some items! Is it a bug?

Quick way to edit palettes, indexing sprites and insert tileset
Old March 27th, 2013 (05:33 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Cronozona, I'm afraid this thread was over a month old when you posted in it, breaking the revival limit rule. Just keep an eye on the dates of threads before you post in them ;)

DarkMidnightNova, if you have an update to post for this hack or something like that, just contact DrFuji or myself to have the thread reopened.

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old December 15th, 2014 (02:47 PM).
CS

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Thread re-opened as per the owner's request.
Old December 15th, 2014 (03:31 PM).
Unique Hacker

Nature: Brave
I'm still deciding what characters other than Megaman and Protoman to add to your final party.

If anyone would like to make any suggestions I'd love to hear which characters/Net Navis were your favorite if you've played the Megaman Battle Network games

I'm very likely to put them into the game and have some sort of side stories or battles for them.
Old December 15th, 2014 (05:04 PM).
pokemon revenge developer

Glad to see u back and the hack man. How about Bass?

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old December 16th, 2014 (03:49 AM).

Nature: Modest
Bass!!!! Serenade!!! Protoman!!! Megaman Hub style (saito style)!!! Beast out!!!

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Waiting For: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, Pokemon Version 6, GAIA
Old December 16th, 2014 (06:50 AM).

One wordrd...EPIC!Y'know, I planned myself to make a mm but it was of zero...kepp up the good work..I love megaman and would love to see this game done...You have my support.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 16th, 2014 (09:12 PM).
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Ooooh~ A Megaman hack based on Pokemon! Well, since you asked, I would like to see Gutsman and Colonel in the game. Oh, and I will also be keeping an eye on this. :P

DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.

Old December 16th, 2014 (09:57 PM).
Unique Hacker

I forgot to mention that even though this is a Megaman hack of Pokémon FireRed I will surely try to give it the essence of a Megaman game.

SOOOOooooooooo, just like in the battle network games, in my hack, when Megaman loses all his HP and faints (or once your whole party is defeated) it basically means GAME OVER. You'd have to restart the game the last place you saved from. You'll see what I mean in the game when Beta 1 is released.

Once you lose a battle, Megaman is essentially deleted, just like in the battle network games. This will make the game and the battles much more challenging and rewarding wouldn't you say?
Old December 18th, 2014 (07:22 PM).
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
An idea for adding extra navis to your team could be baised on short legendary type events like in pokemon, sort of like a challenge cup set up. you can have it so after a certain event, you talk to the net-op in the real world and ask to link their navi to your PET so you can use it and you have to find the navi on the net and defeat it with some sort of special stipulation. for something like bass, that would be a challenge in and of itself. its very challenging to try to keep the same difficulty of megaman in a pokemon game.
Old December 25th, 2014 (09:45 PM).
Unique Hacker

Megaman Battle Network 7 Lost Dimension BETA 1 has been released! Happy Holidays everyone! Enjoy
Old December 26th, 2014 (10:55 AM).

Nature: Modest
Woot!!! How long is this beta??

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Waiting For: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, Pokemon Version 6, GAIA
Old December 26th, 2014 (12:21 PM).

I've been waiting for this beta, being as I am rather fond of the Battle Network series. I've seen this attempted before but they didn't get as far as releasing anything at all, so you're already winning on that front. Anyhoo, having played the beta, here are my thoughts:

First off, this is way better than I expected it to be. I can see you've put the effort into creating that MMBN feel, and the super-deformed FR-style sprites work really well (the reworking of the FR old man into Dr Wily stands out for me, although Dr Hikari maybe needs some work). The Net Navis don't look horribly out-of-place in the real world, it's all consistent while at the same time making the Net clearly different to the real world. The only thing that would really make things much more authentic is if you were somehow able to edit the circles you stand on in battle to look more like the grid squares from BN, but that's a minor quibble at best. Oh, and maybe Megaman's head should move a bit when he walks, the staticness of his head is a smidge weird.

As far as difficulty goes, I found that with the bare minimum of grinding, I found myself one or two levels above most enemies, and felt challenged rather than unfairly outclassed. Some earlier comment said the Mega Buster might be took weak. It's not, not with STAB anyway. Besides, it's supposed to be weak, it's the bleedin' Mega Buster. Just so long as it's not Constrict weak, we're good.

I arrived at the Mettaur2 before I learned Heat Gun and was still able to beat it with some effort and a few BusterUps, for example. Even without heal spots at the start of areas, the amount of meds you're given should see you through. That said, Protoman decided to just spam nothing but Swords Dance and Agility when I battled him. I imagine I'd be having a rather different reaction had he 2HKO'd me before I could do anything. Maybe lower Swords Dance to BusterUp for that battle? Also, I have a personal dislike of using evasion boosters to turn battles into luck-based rather than skill-based affairs, but got a laugh out of it being called Copy-Paste.

Oh, and you seem to have this thing about apostrophes, in that you've mastered the possessive but can't seem to use them as contractions eg. don't, can't, you've, won't. Might want to fix that. And by might I mean 'please do.'

Overall, this is a great first beta. I'll be keeping watch on this as it develops, because it's got real promise.
Old December 26th, 2014 (11:36 PM).

I really like this so far! It's new, original, and unexpectedly great! I really like the gameplay, and the only problem I can find in this is the lack of versatility in the moves. Maybe you can make TM's re-useable? That way, you can change your moves at any time, giving more of the feel of the Megaman games.
Anyways, I really like this. Keep up the great work! I am waiting for the complete version of this. I wish you the best of luck
Old December 27th, 2014 (07:24 PM).
Unique Hacker

Quote originally posted by Master Bryss:
I've been waiting for this beta, being as I am rather fond of the Battle Network series. I've seen this attempted before but they didn't get as far as releasing anything at all, so you're already winning on that front. Anyhoo, having played the beta, here are my thoughts:

First off, this is way better than I expected it to be. I can see you've put the effort into creating that MMBN feel, and the super-deformed FR-style sprites work really well (the reworking of the FR old man into Dr Wily stands out for me, although Dr Hikari maybe needs some work). The Net Navis don't look horribly out-of-place in the real world, it's all consistent while at the same time making the Net clearly different to the real world. The only thing that would really make things much more authentic is if you were somehow able to edit the circles you stand on in battle to look more like the grid squares from BN, but that's a minor quibble at best. Oh, and maybe Megaman's head should move a bit when he walks, the staticness of his head is a smidge weird.

As far as difficulty goes, I found that with the bare minimum of grinding, I found myself one or two levels above most enemies, and felt challenged rather than unfairly outclassed. Some earlier comment said the Mega Buster might be took weak. It's not, not with STAB anyway. Besides, it's supposed to be weak, it's the bleedin' Mega Buster. Just so long as it's not Constrict weak, we're good.

I arrived at the Mettaur2 before I learned Heat Gun and was still able to beat it with some effort and a few BusterUps, for example. Even without heal spots at the start of areas, the amount of meds you're given should see you through. That said, Protoman decided to just spam nothing but Swords Dance and Agility when I battled him. I imagine I'd be having a rather different reaction had he 2HKO'd me before I could do anything. Maybe lower Swords Dance to BusterUp for that battle? Also, I have a personal dislike of using evasion boosters to turn battles into luck-based rather than skill-based affairs, but got a laugh out of it being called Copy-Paste.

Oh, and you seem to have this thing about apostrophes, in that you've mastered the possessive but can't seem to use them as contractions eg. don't, can't, you've, won't. Might want to fix that. And by might I mean 'please do.'

Overall, this is a great first beta. I'll be keeping watch on this as it develops, because it's got real promise.
Why thank you for your evaluation and feedback I really really appreciate it Making a pokemon game feel like a Megaman game is tough haha. I agree some moves may need some improvement and certain moves are just renamed to be funny LOL ill use contractions
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links