The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:30 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Yeah

I think a happiness bar or some sort of rating can help figure out the happiness level.
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Well the bonding system might have something like that.Its been talked about by Masuda and Nintendo so I dunno, it might be the Happiness mechanic reworked in a way.
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Forever
let it go

Ya I wish the Jynx was real too :'( Although I do prefer Luke's evolution for Jynx, and think that'd be more suited...

not sure if meant to be secret but doubt it??
Old March 27th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Community Supporter

Let's hope that all this talk about a Jynx evolution even while speculation and fakemons now will become true this generation.
Also does anyone else see Sylveon as the mascot of this generation?
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Forever
let it go

I think the only sort of mascot it'd be is a gimmicky one. I think the Pikachu clone will kind of keep that role, because... that's what the Pikachu clone is usually for. XD;
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Except we have no idea (of course) of what the Pikachu mascot of this generation might be. Though let's hope it takes the Gen II route and becomes another type other than electric, as we've seen the past three generations or so. @_@
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Forever
let it go

Hmmm actually there might be more than one, kind of like how there was Emolga and Cinccinooooo.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Ok...so I got to chat with a Nintendo employee yesterday and we got into a big Pokemon discussion. I kept trying to get hints out to see if she knew anything.

Commented on Xerneas and Yveltal. She simply smiled...I know she caught on.

Ended talking about a more broad topic of starters. I ask I wonder how many times we'll get Fire/Fighting. She chuckled and said "Oh, you'll be surprised."

Talked about a bunch of other Pokemon and eventually made it to Eevee. We talked a bit about Sylveon and she was dead set on hoping it was Dragon to complete the Special Type theory. She just smiled oddly when she said it.

I dunno...Nintendo rep may have been dropping hints?
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Forever
let it go

She's bluffing imo. If that were me I'd just smile related to that and try to fool people. :x Plus Fire/Fighting AGAIN is unlikely...
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Community Supporter

She made it sound as if Fennekin will indeed be Fire/Fighting...oh well it's a good typing... just hope it be a special version of Infernape.

Slyveon being Dragon :3
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:42 AM
zoroarkrules25

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Ok...so I got to chat with a Nintendo employee yesterday and we got into a big Pokemon discussion. I kept trying to get hints out to see if she knew anything.

Commented on Xerneas and Yveltal. She simply smiled...I know she caught on.

Ended talking about a more broad topic of starters. I ask I wonder how many times we'll get Fire/Fighting. She chuckled and said "Oh, you'll be surprised."

Talked about a bunch of other Pokemon and eventually made it to Eevee. We talked a bit about Sylveon and she was dead set on hoping it was Dragon to complete the Special Type theory. She just smiled oddly when she said it.

I dunno...Nintendo rep may have been dropping hints?
Hm, that is a possibility. From what this person said it seems we won't be getting any more fire and fighting starters this gen anyway or he is another fire and fighting type which would be tiresome. She seems to have implied sylveon is dragon but i don't see how i that is possible but if nintendo says it then so be it. If she is telling the truth then that would be interesting info. Also where did you chat with a nintendo employee?
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Community Supporter

Well Syveon's color scheme does sort of match the old Dragon type tag much like the rest of the eeveelutions.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Forever
let it go

It matches the colours but there's got to be more to it. Even just smiling could get them into trouble I think?? idk any sort of hint, really. So I'd be not willingly jumping onto this bandwagon so quickly :x
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I honestly this this person was just messing with him. I dont think they'd be allowed to drop any real hints so Id take it all with a grain of salt tbh.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
If it can't be leaked back to the corporate office, then they can drop hints as they want. She's told me about various events that they were hosting a few weeks before we'd learn of them in the internet. Even when it was a guy he'd tell me when certain things would go on sale and even let me look through their company's tablet to see sales and promotional events.

I'm sure she was playing with me, but she loves speculating as much as we do so she could have mixed truth into it just to keep us guessing.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

Im just the kind of person that I wont believe it until I see it, so that's my reaction to this as of now. I really hope Fennekin is not Fire/Fighting, its been done to death already. Its time for something different.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
If it can't be leaked back to the corporate office, then they can drop hints as they want. She's told me about various events that they were hosting a few weeks before we'd learn of them in the internet. Even when it was a guy he'd tell me when certain things would go on sale and even let me look through their company's tablet to see sales and promotional events.

I'm sure she was playing with me, but she loves speculating as much as we do so she could have mixed truth into it just to keep us guessing.
Just by bringing it up, a crackdown might be on again to remind people not to drop information. Of course, if she was purposely giving false information...that might be their plan. In that case, Dragon is off of the Sylveon type possibilities.

And that's my second guess. I still think it's Ghost.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 27th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Community Supporter

Yeah I think it may be best to keep any info one gets on their own to themselves to avoid anyone getting in trouble...even if we are thirsty for information.

Anyways we got 19 (or is it 18 now for Japan?) days until Corocoro comes out. If it has any info the official website will likely update before, so let's just be patient (easier said than done).
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
It's kind of interesting how she says that she "hopes" it was a Dragon type. Maybe Nintendo could possibly play a role in this, as well? I kind of thought that they would kind of stay out of the production of X/Y, but it seems that they have more involvement than I thought they did.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Plus Fire/Fighting AGAIN is unlikely...
I wouldn't put it passed them to pull off another Fire/Fighting starter, but I have hope that with Fennekin things may turn out differently this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Anyways we got 19 (or is it 18 now for Japan?) days until Corocoro comes out. If it has any info the official website will likely update before, so let's just be patient (easier said than done).
Gosh, I hope there's something X and Y related in next month's issue. I think people are getting restless for some new information and are already tired of speculating the same things repeatedly.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I think this might possibly be another slow month and Im prepared for such. Id say do not expect a massive info dump any time soon. We literally got nothing last month, so Im not getting my hopes up. I do hope for something, Id like to know more about the region, see 1-2 Pokemon( I dont expect more honestly) and maybe some screenshots. It sounds kinda pessimistic but I dont want to expect much.
Old March 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I think the only sort of mascot it'd be is a gimmicky one. I think the Pikachu clone will kind of keep that role, because... that's what the Pikachu clone is usually for. XD;
I don't think recent Pikachu clones have been the mascots of the series. Didn't those roles go to Lucario and Zoroark?
Old March 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM
zoroarkrules25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I don't think recent Pikachu clones have been the mascots of the series. Didn't those roles go to Lucario and Zoroark?
yup, any next gen pokemon in a gen before it's gen movie always has the mascot example lucario is 4th gen but was the mascot for a movie in 3rd gen and then became the 4th gen's mascot.
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Community Supporter

That's how I've seen it, no
rodent has been a mascot of a generation or movie since Minun and Plusle in the Deoxys movie where they appeared a lot which was the end of the Hoenn centered movies...
I hope the roddent will be a fire rodent if they pull a Gen II on us...and that Minun,Plusle, Pachirisu, and/or Emoga get evolutions.
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Marill has never been the Gen 2 mascot; it was always Pichu. If Marill really was the Gen 2 mascot, then it wouldn't have been included in other regional dexes past Gen 2 (Plusle Minun never appeared in Sinnoh's dex, and Pachirisu never appeared in BW2's Unova dex neither).

Sponsored Links

Advertise here