The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:55 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That's how I've seen it, no
rodent has been a mascot of a generation or movie since Minun and Plusle in the Deoxys movie where they appeared a lot which was the end of the Hoenn centered movies...
I hope the roddent will be a fire rodent if they pull a Gen II on us...and that Minun,Plusle, Pachirisu, and/or Emoga get evolutions.
I think that's because a main character has owned Pacharisu and Emolga, and it would get confusing.
Old March 27th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I think that's because a main character has owned Pacharisu and Emolga, and it would get confusing.
I'm late but I agree with this. You might see another of either in a Trainer or Gym battle in the series, or as a story element (or in rare cases as another occurrence in a later generation, such as the two different Bulbasaur and Ash brought his to meet May's before it went back to Oak's Lab).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 27th, 2013, 07:34 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Marill has never been the Gen 2 mascot; it was always Pichu. If Marill really was the Gen 2 mascot, then it wouldn't have been included in other regional dexes past Gen 2 (Plusle Minun never appeared in Sinnoh's dex, and Pachirisu never appeared in BW2's Unova dex neither).
Well Clefairy was originally the mascot of the series before Pichu's evolution stole it's spot...the Pika family are spotlight thieves. Also the pattern of not appearing the next generation was post generation 2, the fact that it was refered to as Pikablu pre release and that it got a pre evolution the next generation make it more of a Pikaclone than the rest...

Anyways a fire rodent (that isn't Cyndaquil...) will be cool and cute :3
Old March 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I wouldn't mind if we got another electric rodent. Some things are just tradition nowadays.
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Marill has never been the Gen 2 mascot; it was always Pichu. If Marill really was the Gen 2 mascot, then it wouldn't have been included in other regional dexes past Gen 2 (Plusle Minun never appeared in Sinnoh's dex, and Pachirisu never appeared in BW2's Unova dex neither).
Marill was the Gen 2 Pikachu clone. Them being available in the next series has little to do with it as well. Marill was owned by a Main Character (at some point all of the clones were owned by a Main character or were part of their story).

Pichu isn't a clone. Its the pre-evolution to Pikachu therefore is not a clone of Pikachu.

As for 6th Generation's Pikachu Clone....I kinda hope for a Grass type. While we are on the topic of clones, I wonder what the new regional rodent will be based off of, and what the regional bird will be.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
If we do have a pikachu clone I'd like to see one more like Marill in that it's not electric type.

A psychic or fighting type pikachu clone would be pretty neat.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Expro

I would like to see the 6th gen. rodent be based on an Alpine Marmot. They're common rodents found around Europe. Maybe start normal and evolve into a ground type.

I see the 6th gen. Bird being based off a Heron or Flamingo. Haha we haven't had a flamingo-based Pokemon yet, am I correct? That would be interesting. I really want to see Pokemon based on an albatross! The bird with the largest wing span among birds. That would be epic!!!
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Pichu isn't a clone. Its the pre-evolution to Pikachu therefore is not a clone of Pikachu.
TBH it could be seen as a clone for that generation, and tied to Pikachu in evolution to complete the line. Was there another Electric type like Pikachu that generation?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 28th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Community Supporter

Ohh an Albatross, or a white Heron would be awesome. If not then maybe a Robin, that fakemon we had earlier in the year made me want one even more.
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Expro

Quote:
Ohh an Albatross, or a white Heron would be awesome. If not then maybe a Robin, that fakemon we had earlier in the year made me want one even more.
Yeah, that fakemon looked sooo good! It would have been the Murkrow of the 6th gen. I was really hoping it was real, so that I can see the evolution
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Community Supporter

Me too, hopefully we'll get something even better than that...opposed to another Pidove, which, while still kind of cool, wasn't the best regional bird imo.

I'm fine with the common European rat though perhaps they'll use a lesser known rodent.
What about another Raccoon?
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expro View Post
I would like to see the 6th gen. rodent be based on an Alpine Marmot. They're common rodents found around Europe. Maybe start normal and evolve into a ground type.
Or you could go with the more obviously named groundhog. ;)

But chances are probably that they'll make another electric rodent. Maybe part electric and part something else, but probably electric nonetheless.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Community Supporter

We're talking about the regional rodent I beleive...if not then I'm confused lol, so many rodents. I think we could use more canines...a wolf pokemon is on the top of my wish list.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
But chances are probably that they'll make another electric rodent. Maybe part electric and part something else, but probably electric nonetheless.
So long as it isn't based off of another squirrel or share any resemblance to Pachirisu and Emolga.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Community Supporter

True, enough squirrels, now let's get that electric hamster that looks strangely a lot like those two squirrels from the last two generations, and the Hoenn rabbit twins, and Pikachu.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Expro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Or you could go with the more obviously named groundhog.

Haha of course x)
I want a platypus Pokemon!!! Do we have one? NO!
I also want a legit giraffe Pokemon with a really long neck. Not no Girafig... smh.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Community Supporter

I think they should just have Girafig evolve and explain it by saying how it evolved to reach it's favorite leaves whose trees had grown taller over time forcing them to evolve.

A Platypus would be awesome, Water/Poison I imagine. Thus far only to lines have that combo, and the last one has a single member, and was introduced back in generation II...
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
I think they should just have Girafig evolve and explain it by saying how it evolved to reach it's favorite leaves whose trees had grown taller over time forcing them to evolve.
By that logic, it would evolve shortly after birth if it can't have its first meal of leaves.

Cyclone

Old March 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
By that logic, it would evolve shortly after birth if it can't have its first meal of leaves.

Cyclone
Not necessarily, because for about the first four to six months baby giraffes drink milk from their mothers. I do think there would need to be a better reasoning for Girafarig to evolve though if it were to get an evolution this generation, because it's not exactly a solid way of evolution given there are loopholes to this concept. Plus, what's to stop it from eating grass?
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Community Supporter

Well perhaps it evolves by location. And once in this savanah like area it starts to desire to grow to reach the tasty looking leaves, almost like how Bagon wanted to fly.
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Me too, hopefully we'll get something even better than that...opposed to another Pidove, which, while still kind of cool, wasn't the best regional bird imo.

I'm fine with the common European rat though perhaps they'll use a lesser known rodent.
What about another Raccoon?
Personally I feel Starly and Pidove are the worst regional birds. I hope the regional bird for the 6th gen isn't fat and black/grey.

Taillow is my favourite regional bird. If the upcoming games don't have a regional bird of their own I hope they use Taillow/Swellow as the stand in.
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Personally I feel Starly and Pidove are the worst regional birds. I hope the regional bird for the 6th gen isn't fat and black/grey.

Taillow is my favourite regional bird. If the upcoming games don't have a regional bird of their own I hope they use Taillow/Swellow as the stand in.
Starly isn't all that bad throughout D/P/Pt, especially since it gets Close Combat as a Staraptor and learns some strong attacks.

I hope the new regional bird is useful throughout the game like Starly is.
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:47 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I want a regional bird that the fake one we saw earlier this year. That looked really cool.
Old March 29th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Expro

I want the regional bird to have an awesome typing. Such as Fighting/Flying (not a staraptor copy however) or maybe even Dark/Flying just to give it that cool look.

What types do you guys want the reg. bird to be? Besides just normal/flying.
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Forever
let it go

Normal/flying is okay for me, but maybe ground/flying for the first bird? I guess it could be found near a cave or something :3

Sponsored Links