Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:01 PM
dreyko
Isolated System.

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Simple, but interesting topic.
How do you deal with teams that abuse the sand?
are they hard to beat, or are they a walk in the park for you?
do you play sand teams?
what are the best checks & counters?
I may be bad, but i'm perfectly good at it.
3DS FC: 4012-3881-3445
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Best counters are... other weather teams =D
And also Skarmory.
That guy doesn't get Sandstorm damage and is immune to ground attacks.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:22 AM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

All you really need against most SS teams is a defense wall, some special-based Ice and/or Water-type moves, and some Fighting-type moves.

Good counters:
Skarmony
Gliscor
Ferrothorn
Heatran with Balloon (not the best, but not bad + covers Sunny Day teams)

this is all just imo.
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Skarmory is a very good counter to Sandstorm teams since he gets both Ground-type and sandstorm damage immunities. Also, most Water, Ice, Fighting, Fire and Grass attacks since most Sandstorm users are Rock, Ground or Steel-type.

Other weather teams are also handy for shutting off the sandstorm and then countering the team.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:37 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I play a Rain team. When I'm up against a Sand team, I try to keep Politoed alive as long as I can, bringing it in only on occasion. I also try to get Garchomp in to KO Tyranitar (or Rotom-W or Starmie for Hippowdon) before safely bringing in Politoed for the weather dominance.

Old March 30th, 2013, 08:37 PM
dreyko
Isolated System.

Nature: Careful
I agree that maintaining weather dominance is crucial when in a weather war. In these times status conditions and entry hazards can really take a toll on the Sand Stream, Drizzle, or Drought pokemon. So, having access to a rapid spinner can be very helpful in a lot of cases.

Also having a plan-B in the event your weather user gets KO'ed is well worth it.
Poison Heal Gliscor can be very annoying as can Gastrodon, a pokemon that works well on multiple weather teams ( rain & sand).

Also, is it just me or do Drought teams not see that much play?
I may be bad, but i'm perfectly good at it.
3DS FC: 4012-3881-3445
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:38 AM
Charzar
Fire Dragon

I start with a drizzle pokemon, but Tyranitar/Hippowdown has lower speed so they win the weather war. But i still have a type advantage...
You see, my lead is a Poliwhirl with Focus Blast that can take his Tyranitar because it's rock type.
Anyways, just study the meta-game, and aim for its weakness.
I have found a weakness that helps my team, and helps defeating my opponents
lol
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:20 PM
Stormborn
Indecisive

Nature: Relaxed
How you deal with everything in BW2.

Throw more weather at it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here