The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (04:48 AM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
I don't know about your first and third questions, but for the second one you need to set a flag (see karatekid's link for safe flags) in the script and then assign that same flag to the Person ID of the Person Event you want to hide in Advance Map.
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (04:57 AM). Edited March 27th, 2013 by robin22gongon.
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
I don't know about your first and third questions, but for the second one you need to set a flag (see karatekid's link for safe flags) in the script and then assign that same flag to the Person ID of the Person Event you want to hide in Advance Map.
I did set a flag, that's
Code:
hidepsrite 0x1
setflag 0x200
Are there any other errors in the script?

Also how do I assign that flag? If 0x200 is the flag, I put 0200 on the person ID number right?

Fixed it.

I hope someone can answer my other questions.

I've got questions left:

I have two questions:

1. What is the palette for this:

I have tried to find it using the VBA BG Map Palette Memory Technique but its palette is in the OBJ window.

2. How to make a script for a FireRed ROM installed with RTC that for example, I want a certain building open from 6:00 to 19:00 and closed from 19:01 to 5:99?
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (07:44 AM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
I have three questions:

1. What is the palette for this:

I have tried to find it using the VBA BG Map Palette Memory Technique but its palette is in the OBJ window.

2. This one:
Spoiler:
Code:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @monster 0x6
random 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @level1
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @level2
compare 0x800D 0x2
if 0x1 goto @level3
compare 0x800D 0x3
if 0x1 goto @level4
compare 0x800D 0x4
if 0x1 goto @level5
end

#org @monster
= Im'ma troll you!

#org @level1
wildbattle 0x1 0x1 0x1
random 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @WIN
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @LOSE
end

#org @level2
wildbattle 0x1 0x2 0x1
random 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @WIN
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @LOSE
end

#org @level3
wildbattle 0x1 0x3 0x1
random 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @WIN
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @LOSE
end

#org @level4
wildbattle 0x1 0x4 0x1
random 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @WIN
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @LOSE
end

#org @level5
wildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x1
random 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @WIN
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @LOSE
end

#org @WIN
giveitem 0x8B 0x1 0x1
hidesprite 0x1
setflag 0x200
end

#org @LOSE
hidesprite 0x1
setflag 0x200
end

Whenever I compile this, it works well except for the hidesprite section. When I finish the battle and it's supposed to hidesprite, it hides, but when I take 1 STEP, the sprite reappears. I don't know what has gone wrong.

BTW, I made that script myself so sorry if it looks lame.

3. How to make a script for a FireRed ROM installed with RTC that for example, I want a certain building open from 6:00 to 19:00 and closed from 19:01 to 5:99?
1) Find the pal in the OBJ view and make it in APE using the info given about each color. Then compress and insert into the rom and search for what you inserted. Basically, recreate the palette and search for the recreation which should be the same as the original.

2) You solved

3) DNS tells you where it writes the time to in the RAM. Using the comparefarbyte commands, you can read the time and manipulate it. I would suggest loading the hour into one var and the minutes into another and comparing them to values to calculate the time.

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (08:02 AM).
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
1) Find the pal in the OBJ view and make it in APE using the info given about each color. Then compress and insert into the rom and search for what you inserted. Basically, recreate the palette and search for the recreation which should be the same as the original.

2) You solved

3) DNS tells you where it writes the time to in the RAM. Using the comparefarbyte commands, you can read the time and manipulate it. I would suggest loading the hour into one var and the minutes into another and comparing them to values to calculate the time.
1. I tried doing that and its says "Palette not found." When I searched again it found 00000000 as the same and then when you play it, it crashes.

3. Would it be long? Because from what I know I will have to do a command for each hour, time or day. Is it really possible to do this and have a specific time e.g 19:59? I'll research on it.
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
1. I tried doing that and its says "Palette not found." When I searched again it found 00000000 as the same and then when you play it, it crashes.

3. Would it be long? Because from what I know I will have to do a command for each hour, time or day. Is it really possible to do this and have a specific time e.g 19:59? I'll research on it.
1) Are you searching for compressed palettes?

3)It will have to be fairly long, but you can make it shorter by using the if greater than and less than commands.

I would say load the hours into 800D, and the minutes into 8007 and then have series of compares for the time.

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (08:42 AM). Edited March 27th, 2013 by hanswurst1999.
hanswurst1999
The Slow Bro

Nature: Relaxed
Is there a resource of FR-styled OWs which contains the missing frames of the gym leaders (like blaine) & co?
(missing frames = the walking frames)
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (03:48 PM). Edited March 27th, 2013 by robin22gongon.
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanswurst1999 View Post
Is there a resource of FR-styled OWs which contains the missing frames of the gym leaders (like blaine) & co?
If I were you, I would try to do it myself. It will become perfect for your taste at the same time, improving your spriting abilities.

Quote:
1) Are you searching for compressed palettes?

3)It will have to be fairly long, but you can make it shorter by using the if greater than and less than commands.

I would say load the hours into 800D, and the minutes into 8007 and then have series of compares for the time.
1. Yes I was searching for both compressed and not.

3. I think it would be similar to the script I posted which does "Today is [DATE], [HOURS]:[MINUTES]" is that right?
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Well, I couldn't get the decorations to function, so I worked around it by editing the already-compatible room instead. So my question now is, how do I remove the restriction on the types of decorations that can be placed so anything can be placed instead of just plushies and mats?
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (04:17 PM). Edited March 27th, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanswurst1999 View Post
If you are unable to create them on your own, try hitting up one of the sprite shops in the Pixel Art sub forum. There is no resource that I am aware of, so give it your best shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Well, I couldn't get the decorations to function, so I worked around it by editing the already-compatible room instead. So my question now is, how do I remove the restriction on the types of decorations that can be placed so anything can be placed instead of just plushies and mats?
Could you expand on this? Are you looking to create more decorations?

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Could you expand on this? Are you looking to create more decorations?
No, sorry, I mean how do I remove the restriction that the player's room has that prevents anything but dolls and mats? (or was it cushions?) I'd like for the room to be able have any kind of decoration placed, like a Secret Base.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (04:35 PM). Edited March 27th, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552

Quote:
If I were you, I would try to do it myself. It will become perfect for your taste at the same time, improving your spriting abilities.

1. Yes I was searching for both compressed and not.

3. I think it would be similar to the script I posted which does "Today is [DATE], [HOURS]:[MINUTES]" is that right?
It would be similar, but much shorter because you are only checking for two times, you don't need the date, and you don't need to display the time. Basically:

Code:
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x[Hours] 0x[Time it opens (hours)]
if >= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

@opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[hours] 0x[time it closes (hours)]
if > jump @closed
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[min] 0x[min it opens, (only if you aren't opening right on the hour]
if < jump @closed
goto @opened2?
end

@opened2?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[min] 0x[min it closes]
if > jump @closed
goto @open
end

@open
msgbox @this_shop_is_open 0x2
end

@close
msgbox @this_store_is_closed 0x2
end
Obviously this isn't perfect syntax but it is a basis. What I did was first check to make sure it was late enough in the day (past opening), then I made sure it wasn't too late (past closing). Then, I made sure that the minutes were on incase you want the shop to open at half past or such (though, it is easiest not to) then a next check to make sure it wasn't past closing time in terms of minutes. I hope you understand this. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
No, sorry, I mean how do I remove the restriction that the player's room has that prevents anything but dolls and mats? (or was it cushions?) I'd like for the room to be able have any kind of decoration placed, like a Secret Base.
I have never attempted this, but a list of things that could make a difference:

-map type
-the computer (SBs have a different computer than your room, part of the tileset)
-the tileset (this is a definite as your room doesn't have the tiles for those extra items)
-the name of the map
-the map bank (every single SB is in the same bank)

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (04:46 PM). Edited March 27th, 2013 by robin22gongon.
robin22gongon

Quote:
It would be similar, but much shorter because you are only checking for two times, you don't need the date, and you don't need to display the time. Basically:

Code:
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x[Hours] 0x[Time it opens (hours)]
if >= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

@opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[hours] 0x[time it closes (hours)]
if > jump @closed
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[min] 0x[min it opens, (only if you aren't opening right on the hour]
if < jump @closed
goto @opened2?
end

@opened2?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[min] 0x[min it closes]
if > jump @closed
goto @open
end

@open
end

@close
end
Obviously this isn't perfect syntax but it is a basis. What I did was first check to make sure it was late enough in the day (past opening), then I made sure it wasn't too late (past closing). Then, I made sure that the minutes were on incase you want the shop to open at half past or such (though, it is easiest not to) then a next check to make sure it wasn't past closing time in terms of minutes. I hope you understand this. Good luck!

Thanks karatekid552! I will be able to create a script out of this. I'll vm you when I finish it.

BTW karatekid552, what do I put here?
Code:
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x[Hours]
It just says Hours.

@hanswurst1999

If you go to my sprite thread, you can go request there. I'll be willing to do it for ya if you ask formally there. Link's in my signature.
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (05:27 PM). Edited March 27th, 2013 by tobi1449.
tobi1449
Unhatched Egg

Is there any simple hack for emerald that just changes the trade evolution requirement (so without anything other like add all pokemon to be catchable somewhere)?
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (05:35 PM). Edited March 27th, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552

Quote:
Thanks karatekid552! I will be able to create a script out of this. I'll vm you when I finish it.

BTW karatekid552, what do I put here?
Code:
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x[Hours]
It just says hours.
Oh, sorry. Where I said [hours] and [min], I was refering to the RAM location where those are written: 02XXXXXX i believe, somewhere in there. The info is in DNS for the exact location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi1449 View Post
Is there any simple hack for emerald that just changes the trade evolution requirement (so without anything other like add all pokemon to be catchable somewhere)?
Probably not, however it is not very hard to make which is why I don't see one being in existence by itself. If you are not good with ASM, you will have to improvise (no Dawn stones and such for new pokemon) so, it ends up being the creators personal opinion which creates the alternate evolutions for link-trade pokemon and the like.

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (05:52 PM).
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi1449 View Post
Look in the Sideshow showcase.

@karatekid552

It compiled real great, I modified it so it warps you to rival's house when open, added it as signpost event but it is always closed.

When I compile your original script with little modifications, XSE gives me a message "Missing #define" at
Code:
if >= jump @opened?
if > jump @closed
if < jump @closed
if > jump @closed
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (06:11 PM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Look in the Sideshow showcase.

@karatekid552

It compiled real great, I modified it so it warps you to rival's house when open, added it as signpost event but it is always closed.

When I compile your original script with little modifications, XSE gives me a message "Missing #define" at
Code:
if >= jump @opened?
if > jump @closed
if < jump @closed
if > jump @closed
That just means that your XSE copy is missing the file which defines the >,<,= signs as acceptable. Here is a list of "manual" if commands:

[00] - Lower than (<)
[01] - Equal (=)
[02] - Higher (>)
[03] - Lower than or equal to (<=)
[04] - Higher than or equal to (>=)
[05] - Not equal (i= or <>)
---
Edit: Upon further review of my list of define commands in XSE, I realized I did that wrong (I usually use all hex numbers in my scripts, but typing it here I decided to use the defined symbols for less typing:/). If you put "B_" before each one of the conditional symbols (<,>,=,<=,>=) then XSE should accept it. So, "<" would become "B_<".

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 27th, 2013 (06:38 PM).
robin22gongon

Quote:
That just means that your XSE copy is missing the file which defines the >,<,= signs as acceptable. Here is a list of "manual" if commands:

[00] - Lower than (<)
[01] - Equal (=)
[02] - Higher (>)
[03] - Lower than or equal to (<=)
[04] - Higher than or equal to (>=)
[05] - Not equal (i= or <>)
---
Edit: Upon further review of my list of define commands in XSE, I realized I did that wrong (I usually use all hex numbers in my scripts, but typing it here I decided to use the defined symbols for less typing:/). If you put "B_" before each one of the conditional symbols (<,>,=,<=,>=) then XSE should accept it. So, "<" would become "B_<".
Okay I tried it, it compiled. But still doesn't work out well.

Here's the script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C000 0x06
if B_>= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

#org @opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C000 0x19
if B_> jump @closed
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C001 0x00
if B_< jump @closed
goto @opened2?
end

#org @opened2?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C001 0x01
if B_> jump @closed
goto @open
end

#org @open
warp 0x4 0x2 0x1 0x4 0x8
end

#org @close
end

#org @this_shop_is_open
= Come in, we're open!

#org @this_store_is_closed
= Sorry we're closed!
Still says "Sorry we're closed!"
Old Posted March 28th, 2013 (02:47 AM). Edited March 28th, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552

Quote:
Okay I tried it, it compiled. But still doesn't work out well.

Here's the script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
if B_>= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

#org @opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C000 0x19
if B_> jump @closed
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C001 0x00
if B_< jump @closed
goto @opened2?
end

#org @opened2?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C001 0x01
if B_> jump @closed
goto @open
end

#org @open
warp 0x4 0x2 0x1 0x4 0x8
end

#org @close
end

#org @this_shop_is_open
= Come in, we're open!

= Sorry we're closed!
Still says "Sorry we're closed!"
Judging by your script, the only time your shop will be open is one minute after the hour. All others will be closed:p. Here:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
if B_>= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

#org @opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C000 0x14
if B_>= jump @closed
goto @open
end

#org @open
warp 0x4 0x2 0x1 0x4 0x8
waitstate
end

#org @close
end

#org @this_shop_is_open
= Come in, we're open!

= Sorry we're closed!
Because the shop opens at 6:00, we don't need to check for minutes, so I removed the first minutes check which is just wasted space.

Now, you said you wanted it to close at 19:59. Okay, so the clock will reset on the next minute to 20:00, if 7:59 is the very last minute it will be open, then you will just check to make sure it isn't 8 yet, and ergo, don't need to check the minutes on that one either.

Due to the way your shop runs, in this script it will open at 6:00 and the very last time you will be able to enter the store is 19:59, at 20:00, it will be closed.

Edit: if the front door of your shop is indeed a door (and not some type of warp pad:p) you should use warpwalk instead of warp. Most of the time, this will open the door for you and show the player walking forward.

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 28th, 2013 (02:54 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Just FYI, the time will never reach hour 0x20, as that would be 32:00. You need to watch out for those sorts of mistakes. It should be 0x14 (20 decimal).

There should also be a wait state after the warp. It'll work 99% of the time without it, but it's prone to crashes if you don't put it in.
Old Posted March 28th, 2013 (03:15 AM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Just FYI, the time will never reach hour 0x20, as that would be 32:00. You need to watch out for those sorts of mistakes. It should be 0x14 (20 decimal).

There should also be a wait state after the warp. It'll work 99% of the time without it, but it's prone to crashes if you don't put it in.
Yeah, I usually find those types of mistakes when it doesn't work and I begin to bang my head against the wall; I'll go adjust that script:D. Thanks Jambo.

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 28th, 2013 (04:04 AM).
robin22gongon

I really don't know what I'm missing here but it's always "Sorry we're closed!"
Old Posted March 28th, 2013 (05:53 AM).
karatekid552

Quote:
I really don't know what I'm missing here but it's always "Sorry we're closed!"
Open up the memory viewer in VBA, goto 203C000, and make sure that it is the hours.

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 28th, 2013 (06:40 AM).
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
There is a patch for Ruby that has sprite updated?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old Posted March 28th, 2013 (01:24 PM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
There is a patch for Ruby that has sprite updated?
What kind of sprites? And what do you mean by "updated"?

Paired with Simba
Old Posted March 28th, 2013 (02:05 PM).
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
What kind of sprites? And what do you mean by "updated"?
Sprite as the sprite of Chaos rush, new sprite of new generation

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links