• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok, I rly want to hack this game :)

So tell me can this be done:

I got to the world championship and finished it in the first run. It was dissapointing, to say the least. I was hoping for a bigger challenge :/

So now what I want to do is make an event of my own.

I want to:
-Put several srsly strong trainers in the game(stronger than Ash)
-Make it so that I can fight them over and over like in the World Championship
-Make a location where the fights will take place(like the world championship arena).

Can this be done(at least the first two) and which tutorials should I look up?
This is NOT your hack, you don't have the privilege to edit it.
I know it's for your personal amusement but it's too drastic to be allowed.
As Cyclone said, you can pretty much start your own hack and do everything you want there.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
And I will do that :)
I have done some pokemon versions before 4th gen was out, using RPG makers.
How different can this be? :p

I have found tutorials, but none mention the programs for hacking :/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
And I will do that :)
I have done some pokemon versions before 4th gen was out, using RPG makers.
How different can this be? :p

I have found tutorials, but none mention the programs for hacking :/
Before you even do programs, you need to plan your story, the region, and a whole bunch of other stuff externally - like, on paper. Have everything documented that you want to do. This will not be a final design, but it's a good start.

(I've gone ahead and spoilered a chunk of what follows, and advise Ajduk to go to the proper forum to continue this discussion if needed.)

Spoiler:

To keep from being long-winded and continually off-topic, I will stop there. Back to your regularly scheduled hack thread. :) As for my walkthrough progress, I have taken a very brief break since beating the Snowce Gym, but I am returning to battle Routes 415 and 416 today. Steam HQ will likely be written during the evening (late evening as I have a hockey game to watch). That leaves me only Drakebreath City and other scripted activities before I can work on Victory Road and the Elite Four of Zhery.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
All hail Pokemon PLatinum! This hack is awesome! The game play and storyline are really attractive.

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Not sure if has been asked (sorry if I am re-asking). I just wanted to know if there is anyway to get the Hall of Fame screen that we usually get once we have beaten the Elite Four. Ive beaten both of the E4s and the screen just goes black. Will we be able to get this after the World Championships? I know its not that big of a deal I just like being able to do a screen capture of my team once Ive won

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Not sure if has been asked (sorry if I am re-asking). I just wanted to know if there is anyway to get the Hall of Fame screen that we usually get once we have beaten the Elite Four. Ive beaten both of the E4s and the screen just goes black. Will we be able to get this after the World Championships? I know its not that big of a deal I just like being able to do a screen capture of my team once Ive won
It was probably removed for a reason...
Adding all that would require some scripting that might glitch up the continuation...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Is it just me, or do Lucario and Chatot both have horrible movepools? Lucario still hasn't learned any decent Fighting moves beyond Reversal (which itself works best near death), and Chatot's only Flying move is Mirror Move. I know these are both Gen. IV imports, but really...they don't have much to work with for being imported. I still have Quick Attack (all right, somewhat OK), Foresight (...?), and Counter (groan) on Lucario. Not liking the idea that I might be FORCED to use TMs, would rather use another Fighting type (Scrafty has a good movepool by comparison).

EDIT: FINALLY learned Cross Chop at Lv.49. Only 5 PP however. Man, Lucario is not easy to train in this hack.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
You can capture the screen of your team by selecting them from the In game menu of Pokemon. You know when their stats are being shown. No, even after World Championships you cannot do the feature you are asking.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is it just me, or do Lucario and Chatot both have horrible movepools? Lucario still hasn't learned any decent Fighting moves beyond Reversal (which itself works best near death), and Chatot's only Flying move is Mirror Move. I know these are both Gen. IV imports, but really...they don't have much to work with for being imported. I still have Quick Attack (all right, somewhat OK), Foresight (...?), and Counter (groan) on Lucario. Not liking the idea that I might be FORCED to use TMs, would rather use another Fighting type (Scrafty has a good movepool by comparison).

EDIT: FINALLY learned Cross Chop at Lv.49. Only 5 PP however. Man, Lucario is not easy to train in this hack.

Cyclone
Lucario is perfect TM abuser =D He should go for Psychic, Shadow Ball, Ice Smash, Swords Dance which beside SD are TMs =D
His movepool was never that good anyways... Only Swords Dance works.
But yeah, there are people who change his movepool (like me) so we may do that...
Giving him elemental punches and Brick Break (Ice Smash) should improve his movepool a bit.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Lucario's movepool is better in Gen. V - I actually find myself using him there without difficulty (don't think I used any TMs there either). Problem is he learns a lot of Gen. IV-V moves, and thus they're not in the hack. I'd say any import should be looked at for possible moves, and I might grab the tool to take a look at some that I'm curious about, myself (besides, I have to jot down evolution info for my walkthrough eventually).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
Hey, I'm having some trouble here. I made it to Kosaka city after crossing the water and all of that, and I went to Sky Tower. It told me I wasn't allowed in, so I figured I'd have to talk to the gym leader. I went to the gym, Lucy exited, and said that she needed to do something at the Sky Tower because of bad men in white. I went back to the tower, and the guard is still sitting there telling me I can't go in. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening? I'm playing on GPSphone, and if I can't finish this hack I'm going to be super upset because it's amazing. The last time this happened was on Shiny Gold and I could never finish it past the Aggron you get from the boat wreck.

Anyway, can anybody PLEASE help me?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, I'm having some trouble here. I made it to Kosaka city after crossing the water and all of that, and I went to Sky Tower. It told me I wasn't allowed in, so I figured I'd have to talk to the gym leader. I went to the gym, Lucy exited, and said that she needed to do something at the Sky Tower because of bad men in white. I went back to the tower, and the guard is still sitting there telling me I can't go in. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening? I'm playing on GPSphone, and if I can't finish this hack I'm going to be super upset because it's amazing. The last time this happened was on Shiny Gold and I could never finish it past the Aggron you get from the boat wreck.

Anyway, can anybody PLEASE help me?
Yeah, that guard sometimes bugs players... you'd better move him out of entrance by using Advanced Map or just use walk through walls to enter.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Kosaka City? I'll see what happens when I get there. This will definitely need a walkthrough notation.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, that guard sometimes bugs players... you'd better move him out of entrance by using Advanced Map or just use walk through walls to enter.

Is there any way I can do that via GPSphone? Or am I just screwed? :/...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Is there any way I can do that via GPSphone? Or am I just screwed? :/...
Well...

1. Download IPS and ROM to computer; patch.
2. Download AdvanceMap.
3. Edit ROM (we can help you with this).
4. Put edited ROM on phone replacing other ROM.
5. Continue play. You may have to enter and exit a building if you reload in Kosaka City itself.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
As much as I think that this game is pretty (I love the graphics, and that little spinning-logo for the market and pokecenter never stop to amuse me. Sometimes, it's the little stuff that sticks out the most), it also has some annoying things that I'm sure other people found out. Just to name a few:

1) I trained a Combee all the way up to a Vespiqueen, only to realize the can't get any of her moves, which... kinda makes her useless, I guess.

2) Starting this game is painful. There's no recovery at your mom's house, and even though a person there gives you a MAX POTION (overkill much?), you are expected to go through 3 trainers until you can reach a poke center. Die? "Oh, sorry bud, there goes half of your money. Hope you enjoyed the Defense Curl + Rollout combo!" Why not make the NPC give you 5 potions instead for an overkill item right at the start? And that's assuming you can't reprogram the character's mom to heal you.

3) The items in the shops are ridiculous at the start. You have pretty much everything you can buy... except normal potions or super potions. It can be argued you can just grind in the grass and you won't need the healing items, but it still seems kinda jarring to buy a Hyper Potion in a market, then walk three feet and find a potion laying on the ground.

4) I don't know if this is because of a language barrier or something, but... Some NPCs don't make no sense. At all. Sorry if I seem to be nitpicking, but it's kinda weird when a random guy that I never seen before looks at me and says "You look like a nice kid! Have a pokemon!". I mean, sure, there could be a couple guys like that one, but it just seems weird that someone would offer a pokemon like that.

I do also like that there's several pokemon for you to choose from, and you're given pokemon in towns like they are candy, so you have a chance to alter your team as you see fit. This could actually be a good excuse to give towns some NPCs that could say useful stuff, since the average player would have the "Gotta talk with everyone in the town, maybe they'll give me a pokemon!" mentality. Sadly, that never happens.

In the end, good game, but it needs some improvement, is all. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
As much as I think that this game is pretty (I love the graphics, and that little spinning-logo for the market and pokecenter never stop to amuse me. Sometimes, it's the little stuff that sticks out the most), it also has some annoying things that I'm sure other people found out. Just to name a few:

1) I trained a Combee all the way up to a Vespiqueen, only to realize the can't get any of her moves, which... kinda makes her useless, I guess.
Lucario has a weak move pool, as well. It finally learned Cross Chop at Lv.49, but it only has 5 PP.

2) Starting this game is painful. There's no recovery at your mom's house, and even though a person there gives you a MAX POTION (overkill much?), you are expected to go through 3 trainers until you can reach a poke center. Die? "Oh, sorry bud, there goes half of your money. Hope you enjoyed the Defense Curl + Rollout combo!" Why not make the NPC give you 5 potions instead for an overkill item right at the start? And that's assuming you can't reprogram the character's mom to heal you.
You missed the nurse on the bench near the exit? Elekid also helps with the bugs held by the Trainers, or do what I did: train in the grass first.

3) The items in the shops are ridiculous at the start. You have pretty much everything you can buy... except normal potions or super potions. It can be argued you can just grind in the grass and you won't need the healing items, but it still seems kinda jarring to buy a Hyper Potion in a market, then walk three feet and find a potion laying on the ground.
Trust me, I complained about this. Especially with the Great Balls showing up later in eastern Zhery. Not sure it's ever going to change, and until you head towards Seanport you can always pick up the 20 HP Potions in Central City.

Also, if you use a Pickup Pokémon (stick it at the back and lust level it periodically), you can keep checking it for Nuggets and Super Potions. I have over 100,000 PD and I have sold a fortune in Nuggets, as well as some 40 Super Potions. Super Repels start showing up when you really need them (in Groment City). The only expensive item you should ever really have to buy is the Ultra Balls, and even those show up via Pickup; you can use Save State Abuse™ to also guarantee you only need one at a time. (Yes, I wish regular Pokéballs appeared at Central City.)

You may not even need to catch anything because there's a Safari Zone early; drop 2K of cash to visit each zone and collect every Pokémon in those zones, and you have a boxful. Moomoo Milk (100 HP!) can be bought later after you encounter the Snorlax on Route 405 (this is before the second Gym!); buy them back at Inhore City in the Combee area. You just have to be creative with how you use the money. Oh, and the Amulet Coin doubled Trainer intake; I'm opting not to use it to see what is possible.

4) I don't know if this is because of a language barrier or something, but... Some NPCs don't make no sense. At all. Sorry if I seem to be nitpicking, but it's kinda weird when a random guy that I never seen before looks at me and says "You look like a nice kid! Have a pokemon!". I mean, sure, there could be a couple guys like that one, but it just seems weird that someone would offer a pokemon like that.[/QUOTE]
"I can tell just by looking at you..."

Something about first impressions. I don't know.

I do also like that there's several pokemon for you to choose from, and you're given pokemon in towns like they are candy, so you have a chance to alter your team as you see fit. This could actually be a good excuse to give towns some NPCs that could say useful stuff, since the average player would have the "Gotta talk with everyone in the town, maybe they'll give me a pokemon!" mentality. Sadly, that never happens.

In the end, good game, but it needs some improvement, is all. :)
It's not perfect, but it's still a half-decent hack. And since Wesley is gone, we're making little improvements to it. But we're not changing the game completely.

Cyclone

Back