The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:06 AM
MancerNecro
the reverse necromancer

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Stop, I take that spot. Now, can someone link me to a list of Digimons so that I can get my SU up? Also, I'm not very familiar with the source material (I used to watch it when I was young, but that was very long ago) so I hope you guys can help me out a little too.

EDIT: I just read the OP.

I reserve the Crest of Courage and will look at the list of Digimons linked to in the OP soon to create my SU. Expect it up tomorrow or something.

RPs:
12/21/12
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Roads of Light
Pokemon Survival Challenge v2

Last edited by MancerNecro; March 18th, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I won't take reservations for the last spot "per-se", because there are other people who want a shot at it, but, you can make an SU, and see if anyone else would make an SU. I'll be choosing the best SU out of the bunch, so... yeah.

You can see the list of digimon here: http://wikimon.net/List_of_Digimon

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
I AM HERE. I WILL MAKE MY SU NOW.

Or at least I really want to. I love SAO and I love Digimon. But I should really think about what I need right now and not what I want. Maybe in april if I have more time then, I'll come back and wish for a spot :3 But now it is impossible, so please withdraw my reservation for the Crest of Hope.

Toodles~!

Last edited by Doctor; March 19th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I AM HERE. I WILL MAKE MY SU NOW.

Or at least I really want to. I love SAO and I love Digimon. But I should really think about what I need right now and not what I want. Maybe in april if I have more time then, I'll come back and wish for a spot :3 But now it is impossible, so please withdraw my reservation for the Crest of Hope.

Toodles~!
Suuure no problem~! Thanks for the interest! <3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Sorry for the delay on my next post, I have a bit of writers block on it but I'll have it up shortly.
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:13 AM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

I guess I'm reserving the crest of Hope, if that is alright with you guys.

I'll make my own SU soon, ok?

Old March 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbymanga View Post
I guess I'm reserving the crest of Hope, if that is alright with you guys.

I'll make my own SU soon, ok?
Sure, but don't forget that people want to hold that spot as well, so, don't be surprised if you've got some competition.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:19 AM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

Spoiler:
[/REAL WORLD]

Name | Garrett Chan
Gender | boy
Location | New York City
Age | 17

Appearance |
Spoiler:

His haired is dyed pink

Personality | Garrett is a punk. He used to love Digimon more than anything, but nowadays he's much more interested in music and fashion. Garrett is a bit of a metrosexual, but deep down, he still loves Digimon and still keeps all of his treasures in his closet. Garrett still deeply loves Digimon, but he openly gets embarrassed and often blames his sister whenever he gets caught knowing a tad more than the common person would know about Digimon. Like any punk, he often fights to reject society's norms, which is why he dyed his hair pink.

History | When Garrett was a kid, he was the world's biggest Digimon fan. He collected all the cards, watched all the tv shows, and even owned a few plushies. He would talk about nothing but Digimon with his friends, that is, until he realized that nobody like Digimon as much as he did. In fact, his constant raving about Digimon soon made his friends annoyed with him and over time, they all stopped hanging with him. He was picked on and made fun of and his own mother told him that he was getting too old to like Digimon anymore.

Realizing that if he was going to have any friends, he was going to have to quit Digimon cold turkey, he took all of his stuff and crammed it all in his closet. He soon rejected everything about Digimon and began getting into music and fashion and punk. Sadly, before he abandoned the Digimon world, he had passed it on to his younger sister. She would constantly pester him for help with her games and ask about stuff that happened in the anime. It was tiresome. Then Garrett's mother reordered a new Digimon game that came out and had Garrett help his sister set the game up. He put in all the variables and even put together his sister's avatar according to her liking. But when he pressed enter on the keypad, there was a blinding flash of light and Garrett woke up in his sister's avatar, a girl no less. He was both freaked and angry as well as secretly overjoyed that he was in the Digital world.

[/DIGITAL WORLD]

YOUR AVATAR

Name | Charlotte (He goes as F so people don't make fun of him)
Gender | girl
Age | 13
Digivice Color | Black and Pink
Digimon-Modify Cards | Hyper Wing, Alias, Radiant Fate
Crest | Hope

Appearance |
Spoiler:

Often keeps the hat tucked down over "his" face so that he can have some secrecy.

DIGIMON

Species | (as Rookie, that is. you can look at this page to take a look at the list of digimon.)

Appearance |
Spoiler:

Personality | Dracmon is a serious prankster and pervert. He gets most of his joy from cruelly teasing Garrett during their journey. He is also very arrogant, believing that he and only he deserves to be the best, often using petty cheats to win when the fight turns from his favor. He doesn't believe in fair play, nor does he believe in honor. He also has a bit of a crush on Garrett's avatar, often sneaking to bathhouses to peep on "him"

Digivolution Chain
Baby: Petitmon
Spoiler:

In-Training: Frimon
Spoiler:

Rookie: Dracmon
Spoiler:

Champion: Duskmon
Spoiler:

Ultimate: Asuramon
Spoiler:

Mega: Beelzemon
Spoiler:

Extra | Unlike most who decided to create a society in the Digiworld, Garrett and Dracmon travel instead, building their combat strength so that they can win fights and so that Garrett can finally escape the game.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:
It had been a tough week for Rick these past few days since his dead beat brother had turned up beaten and dead. Not to mention hearing about how, just a few days after he had left to get over to Proffessor Birch, that the entirety of Rustboro had been demolished and turned to dust. This was hardly a recreational visit, considering the circumstances and the ruby gemstone sitting on the table between Rick and Birch. After what he has been through Rick could clearly say that his life was not ready to deal with anything else that was out of the ordinary. Not to say that that was going to happen though, as his home was gone, his brother dead, and the only thing connecting the two were a Terrorist Organization and a simple gemstone.

Needless to say, this wasn't Ricks best week and he was desperately hoping that he could just lie asleep and wake up to find out he has a test the next day. Thankfully he had been given the Slugma by Birch before he had left, as its fire-type attacks served a great help in destroying any of those pesky bug pokemon of Petalburg woods. There weren't that many trainers out in the woods when Rick was moving through this time, which served him greatly, since he didn't have any potions and/or antidotes on him either. He did happen to see a few shady-looking members of Team Gaia, but luckily for Rick, he was able to avoid them with proper stealth and misdirection. He was hoping to know if Norman, the gym leader of Petalburg could help him out, but the guy was out at the time and he needed to make haste or else he would risk getting to Birch too late.

"Please tell me that you have some inkling as to what this thing is and why my brother saw fit as to die to give me it."

"That's a Burst Heart — much more than a simple thing, but it looks empty. Similarly to a Pokéball, a Burst Heart is used to contain a Pokémon. Once they're out it's a different story, since if a Burst Heart breaks, the Pokémon is released. It requires perfect synchronization with a Pokémon to fuse with them and gain their abilities through a process known as Burst, and many people have been found dead trying. I can hardly recommend using it, as attempting Burst would almost undoubtedly be fatal without months, or even years of back-breaking training."

Hiei's back stiffened as he heard about how the gem could cause death to an unskilled user and he wondered just why his brother would give him something like this.

"Instead, I'd like you to keep Slugma, if not for your own protection. He seems to have taken a liking to you, too."

Rick pulled himself out of the chair and turned to leave, grabbing the Burst heart with him as he turned around, wanting to investigate more on why his brother would give him such a strange, valuable, and dangerous object. It was empty, so he wasn't even sure if he could do anything about it, much less see if there was anything worth investigating from this, but Rick was a man of thought rather than action, so he was going to need time to solve this mystery.

"You're taking it with you? I can't endorse this if you are planning on going through with it."

"Team Gaia went and killed my brother over this. I can't very well get you caught up in this on a clear conscience. I'll look further into this on my own time. If you find anything else, give me a call." Pausing a bit as he made his way, "By the way, You wouldn't happen to have a few empty Pokeballs on you, eh? Something tells me having just Slugma isn't going to keep me safe for long, especially in the wild."

Oak gestured his hand over to the top drawer of the the filing cabinet next to Rick. Opening it he found a set of ten Pokeballs inside, each unused and ready for capture. "You sure do keep yourself prepared for new Trainers, don't you?" Taking the ten balls, Rick waved goodbye to the gentle soul and made his way out, heading north to do combat with the dangers of the winter that laid between here and the two town ahead. It wasn't a straight journey from here to Petalburg, so it would take some time, but the adventure certainly would be good to help increase his experience. Birch did say that one would need plenty of experience if they were going to even attempt to use Burst, which meant he was going to be spending a while out here.

Making his way through the tall grass, Rick released his Slugma and prepared for whatever battles lied in wait for him. It didn't last long, as before he knew it, a Vanillite flew at him. Ducking from the charge, the Vanillite turned and began firing an Icicle Spear at them. "Slugma! use Ember on the Ice, melt it and then follow up with a second strike!" The first spit of fire went through, melting each barrage of ice, its heat being hotter than the cold of the Ice. The Vanillite as only fast enough to shoot two volleys, both of which were taken out by the first ember. The second ember, hidden behind the first, struck the Vanillite hard. Pokemon in this area were definitely of the weaker variety. With higher leveled Pokemon, even moves with a type advantage won't make a one-hit wonder, but being as weak as it was, its pure Ice type body couldn't handle the Fire.

There were quite a few more Vanillite to grace them with their presence after that. The second Vanillite wasn't smart and tried the same move as the one before it did. It did manage to hit a volley of five this time though and the fifth one, having no shield went right through Slugma. Luckily for both of them, Slugma's body was heated and made mostly out of Magma. The collective heat being leached off of the Slugma was far superior than the -50 degrees that a Vanillite could muster. But its level was high enough that they did have to use two Embers to make it melt away.

The third and the forth of these guys were smarter, hoping to double team them, but neither was very smart. With Rick's superior brain power, he was able to corner both of them and get them in a line together, ready for Slugma to use Flame charge on them. His Magma body, coupled with the fire covering it completely to increase his speed was an edge. Its sudden burst of speed took them by surprise and neither was prepared for what happens when you get a face first of Magma.

Luckily, they were able to get out of the first set of woods and make it to Oldale Town and heal up. As they packed up and made their way through to route 102, they came across a much more dangerous threat: A Sneasel. The Sneasel was of a pretty rough caliber and was a lot faster than anything in here. Its speed was more than twice as fast as a normal Vanillite and five times as fast as Rick's Slugma. So they needed to strategize.

Unfortunately for the Sneasel, it wasn't experienced in fighting a Slugma, as most fire types weren't made entirely out of Magma. It lunged at them with its superior speed and tried to used Quick attack to catch them by surprise before using Scratch to deal the blow. Its claw went through the magma, a little blood dripped from its thin physical body, but there was hardly enough to call one anyway, and his blood was Magma as well, burning the Sneasel as its hand went right in. As it cringed in pain from the burn, Rick commanded the Slugma to se Smog to blind it before shooting it with Ember.

While the smog did catch its eyes, it wasn't slowed down enough to be taken by the hit. It leaped back and tried to gain some ground. Rick and Slugma pursued, trying to keep the momentum on their side. The Sneasel dropped to one knee, feigning weakness. Taking the chance, Rick commanded a Flame Charge. Leaping towards the Sneasel with his flame covered body, the Slugma was prepared to win, but the Sneasel was preparing a Faint Attack, leaping right at the Slugma. It prpared its fist to land right into whatever organs it thought it had, but it couldn't make it. The pain of the Burn and the Smog, plus the fire blcoking its way to Slugma's body, plus the very magma its body was made of, when the Sneasel finally struck the body, its body was hit with an Ember and was done for.

Rick, taking the chance, and knowing that he was going to need a striker on his team as well as a Tank, threw a Pokeball at the grounded Sneasel, hoping that the Pokeball would work.

Old March 20th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Sorry about the delay, but, you're accepted, deathbymanga!

Feel free to jump in the IC anytime!

BTW @ everyone: I'm going to introduce the boss level soon, so stay tuned!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Sure, getting another post in today and wrapping up this quest!
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:14 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I think I'm going to have to pull out of this RP. I'm really sorry but I just don't know the franchise well enough to give me a sense of being able to right well, which makes it really hard for me to write out anything of a decent quality. Again I'm very sorry I really liked this RP and the whole concept behind it. Please feel free to use my character as an NPC or what ever.

Last edited by gimmepie; March 20th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

[/REAL WORLD]
Here's my app for the courage crest.
Spoiler:

Name | Castor Garnet
Gender | Boy
Location | United States
Age | 14

Appearance |

Similar to his avatar. He has dark skin and a similar build and height; however he has black hair, brown eyes, and no marks on his face.
Personality |

Castor’s greatest trait is the fact that he can find motivation for any task that he sets his mind to. Nothing can deter him once he decides he is going to do something. Naturally Castor can be a bit annoying, as he doesn’t really give people space to block his endeavors, which means that you can’t stop him from doing something you might dislike.

Castor’s still a fun person to be around. He has a budding talent in parkour, so he can pull off some interest tricks when he needs to entertain. He’s also quite the talkative kid making him an easy person to go when needed. That said, he can be a bit of a loud mouth when he gets going.

Castor has no intentions in living an easy life inside the game. He wants to get out as soon as he can and right now that is his primary goal. Blissful ignorance of the harsh realities of the world isn’t something for him.

He’s quite fond of the digimon he’s been partnered with, despite their contrasting personalities. He finds Kotemon to be a really cool guy and is proud to be his ‘Master.’

History |

Castor was born in Manhattan and lives a decent life. He lived in a reasonable apartment with a family of four with his mother, father, and little sister.

When Castor was about ten years old, his family held a rooftop party as a commemoration to his father receiving a promotion. A fun time for all the people invited, but the party turned into a disaster when Castor’s younger sister, Clara, fell off the roof while playing with Castor. Fortunately she managed to grab onto a ledge and get picked up by their parents, but during the event, Castor was paralyzed with fear and missed his opportunity to help his beloved sister.

From then on Castor felt it was his fault his younger sister nearly died. The worst about it was the fact that Castor had the chance to do something but he was too scared to move. It was only by luck that the situation turned out well. Castor couldn’t accept relying on luck to get by with life. He wouldn’t let fear control him. From that point on Castor vowed to be able to be able to prevent anything bad from happening, no matter how hard. As a child this promise didn’t mean much, but it did ignite a fire in his heart that enabled him to be able to do things most people his age would be too cowardly to do.

Castor began to explore the city on his own after this. Gathering a group of friends, the child began by simply going to unfamiliar parts of the city, but this soon evolved into explore abandoned building and subway tunnels. This hardened the kids when it came to facing their fears and made them stronger people, but they were also fairly oblivious to the true dangers of their activity.
Four years into their after school hobby the kids were finally caught by authorities for trespassing. Their parents were told and the group ultimately had to disband. The activity yielded its profit in form of many skills for Castor as well as forging him into a fearless person, especially considering his age.

Now a freshman in high school, Castor still had an urge to go exploring, but as he knew that exploring the city was a bad idea at the moment, he figured he should probably find a safe substitute. It was then that he heard about the game. ‘[/TAMERS]’, a virtual reality game that had a heavy emphasis on exploring the unknown. He quickly pre-ordered the game and played it immediately when the servers opened. He intended on testing out the game and then inviting his friends to it if it turned out to reach his expectations. At least that was his intentions.

[/DIGITAL WORLD]

YOUR AVATAR

Name | Mattle
Gender | Boy
Age | 14
Digivice Color | Gold with red lining.
Digimon-Modify Cards |

Power | Alias! | Speed
Crest | Courage
Appearance |
Spoiler:
DIGIMON

Species | Kotemon

Appearance |
Spoiler:
Personality |
Kotemon is a very cool digimon. He doesn’t show off many emotions and generally doesn’t talk very much. His silence creates a tense aura during battle as it reflects his seriousness regarding the fight.

Similar to Castor, he has a great sense of courage and doesn’t back away from anything. However his approach is very different from his tamer, Kotemon does an action without any noise to block him. He simply does, without any fear of fail.

Kotemon commonly refers to Castor as Master, most likely as part of his species programming. He is very fond of Castor’s straight forwardness as it makes his way of doing actions a lot easier for him.

Kotemon only eats in his in-training form as he refuses to reveal his face as Kotemon.

Digivolution Chain
Baby: Botamon
Spoiler:

In-Training: Kapurimon
Spoiler:

Rookie: Kotemon
Spoiler:

Champion: Yansyamon
Spoiler:

Ultimate: Grademon
Spoiler:

Mega: Gaiomon
Spoiler:
Extra | N/A Might put a theme later.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:
It didn’t take long for Bacarra to make her way to the boss room. With a quick teleport to Kansas followed by a speedy warp up to Dovren . Following the flow of players coming with the same goal, it wasn’t long before Bacarra realized she was in the boss chamber facing the boss in person.

Salathar: the unholy fusion of a snake and a woman. What was once a great beauty has been corroded and changed into this ugly creature. Hunchback and grotesque she had the torso of a woman, but the waist of a snake. Her hair had transformed into a multitude of snakes, all seemingly sentient in their own right. There was a great sense of anger flowing from the unfortunate beast, an anger that in a way was completely warranted, however no matter how warranted this creatures feelings were, it wasn’t going to stop this group from trying to reach their goal. They all had their reason to fight as well.

It had been a while since the last time since she had fought in the front lines. Her first attempt was back on the 5th floor against Karack, something she decided to attempt due to the then recent promise she made for her guild. The floors since then managed to escape her grasp, but the end to this one was here and she was ready to fight.

The group circled around the beast and began their attack. Relentless, the players used all their skills to attack the beast, slowly dwindling its health down, however as the fight went on, Salathar showed newer tricks. She had created a space for herself by either sweeping players away with her tail or battering them into retreat by using the many snakes that had functioned as her hair. The rate that the group dwindled down the boss’s health slowed immensely as she showed off her new strategies.

The fight truly changed when Salathar showed off her deadliest of skills. The entirety of the group paused as Salathar locked eyes with a player. Entranced with the Lamia’s crimson eyes, the player drew his sword and with quick action, he began to stab himself, over and over again. Those close to the player tried to futile help him but were only rewarded the gift to watch as the man finished himself off with one final stab to the chest. Disappearing from existence, the player left a final reminder of his life, the a blood curling scream and a sense of complete helplessness for his friends and allies.

Bacarra stepped back at the sight. It was a first time in a long time that she has seen a player die. It was a very sad sight and brought sordid memories back into her head. She turned her head over to the ugly beast that caused this tragedy.

“I’m going to kill you. In the name of Azure, I will make sure you die. I don’t care if you’re virtual and don’t understand what I mean, why what you did was terrible or whatever else there is to say on the matter. What’s going to happen today is that you’re going to die and I’m going to make sure that happens. ”

The young girl growled at the creature, the flame inside her, the reason for her to fight flared brightly. She charged at the creature, her greatsword in hand. Azure followed at her side, with a quick glance at each other, Azure left a flash of light for the girl before soaring into the air, taking a stationary position in the airspace of the room. Bacarra speed doubled, easily avoiding attacks from the creature. Reaching Salathar, the girl attacked with an upward diagonal strike, cutting two of the snakes that adored the creatures head. She readied for an attack towards her head, but was easily swept away by the creatures tail.

The girl falls back and watched as others took their turn to try and attack the snake. It all ended similarly, pulling off small attacks, the players were pushed away before they could get a critical hit in. The current situation was hopeless. If things continued at the current pace the group will definitely lose. There had to be a means of pulling off a good hit on the creature. She thought for a moment, taking the time to restore the bit of health she lost through her passive regeneration. Then it finally hit her.

She called over Azure, with few words she requested for a buff for her bird. With a flash of light, she turned to the group and yelled out,

EVERYONE GET READY TO ATTACK!”

Her words were vague and left many players confused, however her next actions made everything very clear. Bacarra stared courageously into Salathar’s eyes, immediately falling under her spell. She pulled up her blade in a familiar fashion and began to stab herself in the chest. A curling scream comes from the girl’s thought as her health quickly dwindled.

While channeling its spell, Salathar was completely focused on Bacarra and this gave the other players an opportunity to attack. Picking up on her calls, players put all their strength into attacks on the creatures, pulling off powerful swords art and quickly depleting the monster’s health. Through the assault, the creature lost its focus on Bacarra, allowing her to gain control of herself, before one final stab.

Taking a large gasp, the girl fell to the ground and watched as her bar dwindled through colors. Green, to yellow, to the last little bit of red. She managed to survive. She let out a heavy sight as her second regeneration passive kicked in, bringing her back to yellow range within a few seconds and slowing down to its ordinary rate from there.

“What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger. This skill sure has come in handy.”

She sighed as she forced herself up.

“That was really scary. I don’t think I can do that again.”

He body trembled as she looked at her arms. She looked over to Azure, which was sitting near her. It was waiting for its cooldown to finish so it could use a heal on its master. It glared at her master as though to say that what she just did was really stupid. She could only respond with a grin. Her plan worked and Salathar took a good chunk from the assault and ultimately Bacarra was still alive. She caresses the birds head as though to show that.

She watched the battle before her. People were quick to catch on, whenever Salathar would try to take control of a player, the group would quickly come in to burst down the snake, preventing most of the damage from being done. What was once the creature’s greatest strength quickly became its greatest weakness.

The girl got on her feet and readied her sword. She’s restored enough HP at this point to continue fighting. She jumped back into the fray.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old March 20th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I think I'm going to have to pull out of this RP. I'm really sorry but I just don't know the franchise well enough to give me a sense of being able to right well, which makes it really hard for me to write out anything of a decent quality. Again I'm very sorry I really liked this RP and the whole concept behind it. Please feel free to use my character as an NPC or what ever.
That's okay; thanks for the interest!

@Kranic: I'll read your SU soon. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:37 PM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Sorry Shawn, I must also relinquish my position in [/TAMED], I unfortunately do no longer possess the time to have another RP on my hands.
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:24 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
Sorry Shawn, I must also relinquish my position in [/TAMED], I unfortunately do no longer possess the time to have another RP on my hands.
That's okay; I hope you'll have more time in the future~ ^^

@Kranic: Accepted! You can post at any time!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Garet
GhostFire

It took two-and-a-half weeks, but I finished my SU.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here