The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Those balls sound fun! Although I can't help that think they should've been in Gen 5 given that they introduced seasonals. ;_; But hey, who knows. Definitely a fun idea to take seasonals to the next level, tho!
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:57 AM
MeerFall
Strong, Competitive, Cool!

Nature: Brave
They might be adding a new type in, so it seems likely that they might add a pokeball relating to that type.
Otherwise I would like to see a pokeball that you could either
a) draw on the pokeball (not very likiely due to small screen and graphics)
b) change the colour or style off
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Meeklish
Sugarbby ::.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Meeklish
Season balls are pretty nice. x3

And yeah I also want the Apricorn balls back really. Can't we just say Kurt can mail the Pokeballs from Johto and have it arrive in Poke Centers? " Or a successor or something-- I just really want the Speed and Friend ball back. xD

Same with ball capsules, but I think that won't return anymore unless seals are in a black market or something. :3
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm not too hopeful on ball capsules or seals making a return. It seems that particular feature may be just another fourth gen exclusive.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing, although not all at once, are more Pokéballs suited for various types. We have the Dive Ball for Pokémon underwater and the Net Ball for Water / Bug Types. What about for other types though? Perhaps a "Feather Ball" for Flying types maybe.

I like the idea of Seasonal Pokéballs, but it does seem like something that would have been better off introduced in Black and White. Although, that's not to say that can't ever do it, so who knows really.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I'm not too hopeful on ball capsules or seals making a return. It seems that particular feature may be just another fourth gen exclusive.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing, although not all at once, are more Pokéballs suited for various types. We have the Dive Ball for Pokémon underwater and the Net Ball for Water / Bug Types. What about for other types though? Perhaps a "Feather Ball" for Flying types maybe.

I like the idea of Seasonal Pokéballs, but it does seem like something that would have been better off introduced in Black and White. Although, that's not to say that can't ever do it, so who knows really.
Feather ball would be good imo. I mean if Sylveon IS flying there would certainly be a reason to introduce that kind of ball. But yeah, I'd like to see outside of the small type ones we have now.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well when one thinks about it Dusk balls didn't come until generation IV, long after day and night were introduced. How about a Dawn ball for catching Pokémon early in the day?
Also a Magnetic ball that makes it more likely to catch steel and electric pokemon would be cool (it'll have a double effect on Magnemite line...that's if they allow the effect to double).

Also how about a Legendary Ball that makes it easier to catch legendary Pokémon, however we need to buy 99 Luxury Balls (or whatever the most expensive Pokeball is) to get it...
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Also a Magnetic ball that makes it more likely to catch steel and electric pokemon would be cool (it'll have a double effect on Magnemite line...that's if they allow the effect to double).
That's exactly something I'm hoping for. A Magnetic Ball for Steel and Electric types is a much better example than my Feather Ball.

Quote:
Also how about a Legendary Ball that makes it easier to catch legendary Pokémon, however we need to buy 99 Luxury Balls (or whatever the most expensive Pokeball is) to get it...
The name "Legendary Ball" sounds awesome, but I don't think that's something I'd personally like to see if only because I don't want catching legendaries to be get any easier. Sure it's annoying having to weaken a Legendary Pokémon and then chuck dozens of Pokéballs before finally landing one, but that's what it should be like. Legendary Pokémon are legends and they shouldn't be easy to catch in my opinion. So anything that eases the difficulty of that I think should be avoided. That's just my opinion on the subject though.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM
ISA56 2.0
The one and only!

Nature: Jolly
I think we're pretty well off with the Pokeballs we have now. Seriously, adding more at this point would be adding Pokeballs for the sake of adding Pokeballs, and we don't really want that? Although...I wouldn't mind seeing some older Pokeballs return, specifically the Apricot-based Balls.
Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Old March 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Forever
let it go

Hiiro your post makes me giggle :'(

But yeah, the steel/electric ball would be good, especially given that here's already a useful ability like Magnet Pull, so why not take the interest in electric/steel to the next level?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links