• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Personally I feel Starly and Pidove are the worst regional birds. I hope the regional bird for the 6th gen isn't fat and black/grey.

Taillow is my favourite regional bird. If the upcoming games don't have a regional bird of their own I hope they use Taillow/Swellow as the stand in.

Starly isn't all that bad throughout D/P/Pt, especially since it gets Close Combat as a Staraptor and learns some strong attacks.

I hope the new regional bird is useful throughout the game like Starly is.

Years
I want the regional bird to have an awesome typing. Such as Fighting/Flying (not a staraptor copy however) or maybe even Dark/Flying just to give it that cool look.

What types do you guys want the reg. bird to be? Besides just normal/flying.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Normal/flying is okay for me, but maybe ground/flying for the first bird? I guess it could be found near a cave or something :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That would mean that there'll be a cave early on, the earliest cave irc was in Sinnoh and even than that was after the first major city.

Speaking of cities I wonder if we'll get the gyms far apart like in Sinnoh, or close together like in Unova...I'll perfer if they were seperated by a town or two in between. Unova had it's gyms one after another, the only time that wasn't the case was in B2W2 with Alder's town being between the first and second gyms...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm maybe close together? It'd depend on how large the region is in my opinion. If it's crazy large then I'd say they'd be far a part, so... I guess we have to hope they're not close together :x

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It wouldn't necessarily need to be in or near a cave to be Ground/Flying.

Dirt does exist outside caves. :P

A cave would be more appropriate if it was Rock/Flying.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
True, and it could always evolve into part ground later.
I want another Bibarel style rodent which gains a type later, maybe fire...so Normal/Fire rat...wonder what that'll be.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Speaking of cities I wonder if we'll get the gyms far apart like in Sinnoh, or close together like in Unova...I'll perfer if they were seperated by a town or two in between. Unova had it's gyms one after another, the only time that wasn't the case was in B2W2 with Alder's town being between the first and second gyms...
I don't know, but in B2/W2 you went from Mistralton to Lacunosa, through a mountain, into Undella, north to Lacunosa (and finding Cobalion en route), and west (see Virizion on Route 11) into Opelucid. That's a pretty long stretch.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
I wouldn't mind a Normal/Ground rodent. It would make sense given the usual species that are most often used for the common Normal-type of the region.

In other news, I had my first X/Y dream the other night and I thought I'd share it with all of you. First off, the region wasn't your traditional region. Instead it was made up of multiple islands, an archipelago basically. The region name began with an "A" but it was too long to remember. Last two things I remember was that N was there and there was an underwater city.

It was all very colorful.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I wouldn't mind a Normal/Ground rodent. It would make sense given the usual species that are most often used for the common Normal-type of the region.

In other news, I had my first X/Y dream the other night and I thought I'd share it with all of you. First off, the region wasn't your traditional region. Instead it was made up of multiple islands, an archipelago basically. The region name began with an "A" but it was too long to remember. Last two things I remember was that N was there and there was an underwater city.

It was all very colorful.
Atlantis?

(And sometimes, the character limit ruins the impact of a short post...)

Cyclone

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Sounds like a cool region idea. Also anyone seen this:

Spoiler:

it is suppose to be froakie's final form. It surfaced in January temporarily but then disappeared and came back online today. What are your thoughts on this? Real or fake? I think it is a little ugly but i also like it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'd say it's fake. It reminds me too much of Emboar, like a sumo wrestler kinda thing.

Years
Sounds like a cool region idea. Also anyone seen this:

Spoiler:

it is suppose to be froakie's final form. It surfaced in January temporarily but then disappeared and came back online today. What are your thoughts on this? Real or fake? I think it is a little ugly but i also like it.

Nah, fake. Not to be too auto-dismissive about it, or anything :P It's someone showing off their art ability, by imitating the way the first form of the starters were shown.

I'm also saying this because I don't want Froakie's final form to be that big, I'd prefer more of an Infernape-build for it.

As for that region idea, I think it would be awesome to see N again. I always love when Pokémon games nod back to past games and characters, so it would be cool to see what GameFreak might do on that front. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were the only ones that had little to no references (particularly in the case of RS), but I think it can be said that this was "rectified" in the succeeding games. Fingers crossed this will remain the case in X and Y!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
Seen that pic as well a while back. I would assume it's fake. I actually do like the design though. Add some tiny horns like those on the horned lizards (which happen to be called horned toads as well lol) and I might just ditch Fennekin :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was thinking it would be pretty interesting if there was an ice type pokemon we could catch early in the game. Or at least a pokemon that evolves into an ice type. I don't usually have ice types on my team because by the time I come across them my team is already sorted.

Having an early ice gym would be interesting too.

I don't think that type has ever made an appearance early in the game. Aside from the obvious Dragon type. (imagine if the first gym was dragon type)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I remember the picture. Definite fake. I think we had one fake for each starter.

Cyclone

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I wouldn't want the first gym to be dragon typed. It would be cool to see a ice type early on though. As for the picture i like and agree it is big but most toads are huge in width. I also thought it looked like emboar but that wouldn't surprise me. I mean look at emogla, all they did was give parchirusu wings.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think an underwater area influenced by Atlantis would be a pretty cool idea for X and Y. It would give us a reason to use Dive and maybe catch Pokemon using Dive Balls in addition to it being an interesting area to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back