The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:07 PM
awipe1

Do you think you can be more specific? IS there a tutorial that can show me how?

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Draiz
Unhatched Egg

"ERROR: (ERepointError) No empty space of size 236 found. (Searching: $FF, between $E3CF64 and end of file)"

I always get this error while using a fresh and newly extended emerald rom.
any ideas how to prevent it? I am sure that from $E3CF64 till the end have $FF bytes.
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Hound of Justice

Nature: Naughty
Will you add a day n night pokemon feature for this hack so wild pokes can appear on different times of a day
Old December 12th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
If and when you come back, Lu-Ho, if you're still looking for suggestions, I think the ability to annotate maps next to their names would be endlessly useful.

For example:

Just an idea~
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
xxcandyvioletxx
Pink eevee <3

Nature: Docile
Hi all,
I really need help...
I was changing around tiles in the house that connects Route 2 to Viridian forest, and something went wrong.
First of all, for some reason in the left panel where it displays the maps, under Route 2 it replaced all of the maps with the house map that connects it. They are all the same now, and I can't find out how to fix it so that the other maps will show up again.

The second problem is, I can't get out of the house, because I saved the game on accident where the house is, and now my player is stuck, because for some reason, even after changing the movements to C where they should be, my player still can't get out of either door in the house.

Would there happen to be any way to restore all of Route 2 to it's default settings? I tried searching on google but I couldn't find any help for it.

Thanks.
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcandyvioletxx View Post
Hi all,
I really need help...
I was changing around tiles in the house that connects Route 2 to Viridian forest, and something went wrong.
First of all, for some reason in the left panel where it displays the maps, under Route 2 it replaced all of the maps with the house map that connects it. They are all the same now, and I can't find out how to fix it so that the other maps will show up again.

The second problem is, I can't get out of the house, because I saved the game on accident where the house is, and now my player is stuck, because for some reason, even after changing the movements to C where they should be, my player still can't get out of either door in the house.

Would there happen to be any way to restore all of Route 2 to it's default settings? I tried searching on google but I couldn't find any help for it.

Thanks.
1. Not 100% sure what caused that, could be something to do with the headers (details on each process you did would be helpful, but you may need to start again regardless)

2. You need to start your save again, as any change you do only applies if you leave the building and go back in, or at least get that bit off screen, which you can't. This is why you shouldn't save in the area you are changing.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old March 28th, 2013, 06:43 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Nature: Bold
Thanks for the release (:
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM
lowkey1202
Unofficial Game Tester

all i wanna know does it have all the 649 pokemon in it ;P
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:05 PM
dkp
Unhatched Egg

No. That takes a patch that's unrelated to this. It likely isn't supported either, though I don't know that personally. But if I recall correctly the program is hardcoded to refer only to the currently defined table (only Kanto through Hoenn or whatever you write over them with).
Hey! If you're a tool maker or you have a resource to contribute, but you're not up to trying to make a guide, I'll be happy to try and write one up for you if you want. All I need is a pm and the offsets.
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:08 PM
HyperXhydra

Is it safe to hack Emerald with this version? would the sound corruption happen? or should I change the ini?
Old March 29th, 2013, 05:04 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
The emerald sound corruption happens when you write aanything between 900000 and E00000.
Just find FFs and youll be ok

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:49 PM
HyperXhydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
The emerald sound corruption happens when you write aanything between 900000 and E00000.
Just find FFs and youll be ok
So I don't have to change the ini?
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:09 PM
christopher salutes
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Serious
I have downloaded am 1.95 a while ago and always got a message saying that it failed to set value for endnutzer english, so i tried to contact lu-ho but he never responded, and at the same time my am 1.92 stopped working. with am 1.92 it says it failed to create a kontext menu even though i used it before, so does anybody know how to solve either one of these problems? I have already redownloaded them multiple times and have ended up with the same problem. I am using windows xp. btw i'm hacking fire red.

Last edited by christopher salutes; April 12th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Corkers2
*enters comedic user title*

Nature: Quirky
Is it just me or is the download link down?

Last edited by Corkers2; April 13th, 2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:49 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Just you. It works for me...

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:26 AM
DoctorYuyi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
Just you. It works for me...
Really? It's not working for me either.
Old April 29th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
The download link is down, guys. Dx
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
The download link is down, guys. Dx
Actually... just click here and it's all yours. ;)

Just remember guys, since that DNS server has been down for quite a while, just remember to use the "http://luho.lvps83-169-42-20.dedicated.hosteurope.de/" Domain Name. As it pretty much says in the first post of this thread.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Actually... just click here and it's all yours. ;)

Just remember guys, since that DNS server has been down for quite a while, just remember to use the "http://luho.lvps83-169-42-20.dedicated.hosteurope.de/" Domain Name. As it pretty much says in the first post of this thread.
OH sweet thanks. :I

-proceeds to download-
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:39 PM
joexv
The True XV

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to joexv
Ok a few questions, one why are all the buttons on the toolbar pictures messed up? like one wil say its for something else and then go somewhere else. and why cant i edit the world map with amap anymore? it was always so helpfull...
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Last edited by DrFuji; June 16th, 2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire first post
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM
A Sunny Moo

Hello, I know that Lu-Ho is no longer active, but I have a question for all of you.

Whenever I save a map as a .map file on a un-edited FireRed save file, it says "Access violation" and then freezes. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am a total dork. I have version 1.0.5. No wonder it was way buggier than I remember it.

DOUBLE EDIT: Even in version 1.9.5 it says "Access Violation" but it hasn't frozen. I'll have to try with a new map file, though.

Last edited by A Sunny Moo; June 11th, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Why World Map Editor do not work in this Release?
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Synchronous
Hacking is moving to the cloud.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
Why World Map Editor do not work in this Release?
It's still a beta. That's why it is highly advised to use 1.92 along with 1.95.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:09 AM
vongerbys10

Send a message via Skype™ to vongerbys10
Old July 7th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Avshalom

Hi! I've only just started mapping, and I'm having some problems. My second map's just suddenly started coughing up this error:

ERROR: (EReadBehindEndOfFile) AdvanceMapError(2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file! Please contact [email protected]

(I haven't contacted Lu-Ho because apparently he's no longer active online?)

I'm using AdvanceMap1.9.5, but I tried opening the map in 1.9.2 and it elaborated a bit:

Access violation at address 004C3309B in module "AdvanceMap.exe". Read of address 00554004.

I looked around online and a few places said to overwrite the map with itself by inserting it into its own slot with the insert tool, but that didn't help; I just keep getting the same message. I duplicated it by inserting it in another blank spot, but the same error kept occurring and now I have two identical faulty maps.

None of the other maps are affected. The game loads and plays normally, but crashes when I get to the bugged map. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links