• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
Combee evolves into Vespiquen at Level 21
Riolu evolves into Lucario at Level 35
Electabuzz evolves into Electivire at Level 40
Magmar evovles into Magmortar at Level 40
Eevee evolves into Espeon and Umbreon through happiness at day or at night.
Misdreavus evolves into Mismagius at Level 40
Snorunt evolves into Froslass through in-game trade, like everything that normally needs trading.
Feebas evolves into Milotic via Water Stone
Dusclops evolves into Dusknoir at level 43
Murkrow evolves into Honchkrow at level 40

Rhyperior, Glaceon, Leafeon, Gallade, etc, are not in the game. There is a Pokedex on Wesley's site which says what is and isn't in the game. No more questions about how to evolve into things that aren't in the game, please? :)

Not sure if there are any others that people were asking about, I may have forgot some.

Thanxx!!! But There is no night time for Umbreon, or at least there hasnt been since the 5th gym. can't use the moonstone on it, you can't get an umbreon in this game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thanxx!!! But There is no night time for Umbreon, or at least there hasnt been since the 5th gym. can't use the moonstone on it, you can't get an umbreon in this game.
I'd like to know about Umbreon as well. I also find it disappointing there is no Ditto, and you only get the one Eevee Egg; if male, you can never get another Eeveelution. Being the catch-em-all type, I am debating adding Eevees to Lauren somewhere once I get over there.

Though since Kyurem is in that slot, has anyone ever tried mating with Kyurem?

Cyclone

Years
As much as I think that this game is pretty (I love the graphics, and that little spinning-logo for the market and pokecenter never stop to amuse me. Sometimes, it's the little stuff that sticks out the most), it also has some annoying things that I'm sure other people found out. Just to name a few:

1) I trained a Combee all the way up to a Vespiqueen, only to realize the can't get any of her moves, which... kinda makes her useless, I guess.

2) Starting this game is painful. There's no recovery at your mom's house, and even though a person there gives you a MAX POTION (overkill much?), you are expected to go through 3 trainers until you can reach a poke center. Die? "Oh, sorry bud, there goes half of your money. Hope you enjoyed the Defense Curl + Rollout combo!" Why not make the NPC give you 5 potions instead for an overkill item right at the start? And that's assuming you can't reprogram the character's mom to heal you.

3) The items in the shops are ridiculous at the start. You have pretty much everything you can buy... except normal potions or super potions. It can be argued you can just grind in the grass and you won't need the healing items, but it still seems kinda jarring to buy a Hyper Potion in a market, then walk three feet and find a potion laying on the ground.

4) I don't know if this is because of a language barrier or something, but... Some NPCs don't make no sense. At all. Sorry if I seem to be nitpicking, but it's kinda weird when a random guy that I never seen before looks at me and says "You look like a nice kid! Have a pokemon!". I mean, sure, there could be a couple guys like that one, but it just seems weird that someone would offer a pokemon like that.

I do also like that there's several pokemon for you to choose from, and you're given pokemon in towns like they are candy, so you have a chance to alter your team as you see fit. This could actually be a good excuse to give towns some NPCs that could say useful stuff, since the average player would have the "Gotta talk with everyone in the town, maybe they'll give me a pokemon!" mentality. Sadly, that never happens.

In the end, good game, but it needs some improvement, is all. :)
You know this game won Hack of the Year two times in a row. Also if you are complaining about that training process on first route you must be playing the older version because to help us guys SnakeByte has put a healing nurse in Home town

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
I'm new to this site and I need ua help guys.
I've completed fire red, lead green, platinum, diamond and pearl.
Currently playing pokemon light platinum and ruby.
In pokemon light platinum after catching celebi in darkdusk woods I am stuck.
I can't get out of it, fly cannot be used.
Your help is needed guys as soon as possible.
Playing it in gba.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Hi..

I actually dont have a problem with the beginning of the game ^^ >> loves a challenge..

and I would like to thank you for this awesome long game so far ( I'm in Ice Mt right now and all my pokemon r lvl 40-57 ).. I mean thats crazy for ur usual pokemon game ^^..

I just hope this game doesnt finish at the elite for ^^ Im have so much fun right now <: ..

now.. a few pointers I would like to talk about.. of course these r things that come purely from me..

1. The guyz who give u pokemon r too much imo.. I know its a lovely idea but com'n.. at one point I stopped taking those pokemon <: ..

2. I dont know if this is intended or something but in Ice Mt when I start battling the Team *** Grunts.. the EXP i get is too low.. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something.. But for a traded pokemon ( Phonton ) fighting a lvl 40 Kadabra i get only a BOOSTED 800 EXP (with lucky egg)? I dont know maybe im wrong..

3. putting the 1st 2 gyms in bug and grass rly lights up the choice of pokemon to train.. I mean i got my charizard close to the 3rd gym and my other pokemon are all around lvl 20 at that time..

4. too many wild trainers are bug pokemon users ^^.. i love the design of the girl bug trainer btw :>..

right now im battling the grunts but i will keep u updated.. and btw i dont like legendary pokemon thats much but i do very much like their events..

again this hack is fantastic! thank u for making it..

PS is there a sequel for this hack?

and this is another question on my mind.. Can a hack be made to visit all gyms from the generation I to V? meaning going for all the leagues?(this has nothing to do with this hack though)..

SPOILER ALERT

another thing.. do wild electbuzz evlove or is it only the one at the hometown?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
another thing.. do wild electbuzz evlove or is it only the one at the hometown?
Electabuzz evolves into Electivire at Lv.40. Yes, wild ones too. I'm actually adding wild Magby to Mt. Shuem because they normally can't evolve until Lv.30 to Magmar, which are showing up at Lv.15ish or something.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You know this game won Hack of the Year two times in a row. Also if you are complaining about that training process on first route you must be playing the older version because to help us guys SnakeByte has put a healing nurse in Home town
No, it hasn't WON the hack of the year 2 times...
No hack can do that...

and I would like to thank you for this awesome long game so far ( I'm in Ice Mt right now and all my pokemon r lvl 40-57 ).. I mean thats crazy for ur usual pokemon game ^^..
Crazy? Play Dark Rising and you will have this before the 4th gym.

Anyways... no sequel and exp bug is known... Snake fixed everything he could.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
No, it hasn't WON the hack of the year 2 times...
No hack can do that...

Crazy? Play Dark Rising and you will have this before the 4th gym.

Anyways... no sequel and exp bug is known... Snake fixed everything he could.

actually im new to this hacking thing ^^..

I've only played the beta of shiny gold and this one is the one im currently playing..

I've downloaded Dark Rising and 3 other hacks and will play them later ^^..

Electabuzz evolves into Electivire at Lv.40. Yes, wild ones too. I'm actually adding wild Magby to Mt. Shuem because they normally can't evolve until Lv.30 to Magmar, which are showing up at Lv.15ish or something.

Cyclone

i dont care for magmortor that much since i alrdy have a charizard which is the best fire type imo

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
i dont care for magmortor that much since i alrdy have a charizard which is the best fire type imo
Yeah, I'm a Fire starter myself, though with the next two sets I chose Chikorita and Mudkip for variety (and the latter for Electric immunity, which is something I point out in the walkthrough). I haven't made my Snowce City selection yet and haven't come upon the fifth group yet. I may wait to do those since I have to go from Lv.10 to Lv. 50ish (not worth it ATM) and I already have the Ice types for the final Gym.

So yeah, changing those to Magby is just to give a little more choice for people. Though I'll keep a few early-evolved Magmar in there.

Cyclone

Years
I can't play it :(

I patched it with a Pokemon Ruby v1.0 but it only shows a WHITE SCREEN...

Can any body help me with this one?

I have patched many other ROMS and it works, bu I can't play this one...

I want to play it so badly...

I need help or just send the ROM file through e-mail

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks in advance...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I can't play it :(

I patched it with a Pokemon Ruby v1.0 but it only shows a WHITE SCREEN...

Can any body help me with this one?

I have patched many other ROMS and it works, bu I can't play this one...

I want to play it so badly...

I need help or just send the ROM file through e-mail

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks in advance...
You just need to find the right ROM.
Also... there might be something with VBA settings you have.
Try another ROM and open the patched ROM in VBA-M as it has better support.

Charzar

Fire Dragon
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Very good game, you should be proud :D

One of the cool things I found, was the sprites of the pokemon :D
Hacking ROM's has been so wonderful these past years

Last edited:
Years
I'm new to this site and I need ua help guys.
I've completed fire red, lead green, platinum, diamond and pearl.
Currently playing pokemon light platinum and ruby.
In pokemon light platinum after catching celebi in darkdusk woods I am stuck.
I can't get out of it, fly cannot be used.
Your help is needed guys as soon as possible.
Playing it in gba.
Keep going south and you will reach the end of the woods after you cross a bridge too inside the forest. I have to tell you the forest is very linear and easy to explore. There is no way you can get loss inside it

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It looks to me like a map connection has been removed. I know exactly which map that is, and I just looked at the Header info to find another problem: it's actually listed as "Underground", not as a "Route". That's why you can't Fly.

Download AdvanceMap and send me a message. I'll help you out of there. Not sure if there's an easy fix though since wallwalking might not even work.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023

Implying that I can't have an opinion just because it won awards. Right...

As far as the training at the start goes, you're right. I totally missed the nurse, so I'll eat my share of humble pie and admit I was wrong. Like it was said before, it's a decent game, but it HAS flaws, and it's by giving imput that we can try to make it better.

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Ugh, what have you done? o.O
That half cut tree is signalizing that something went reaaaaally wrong there o.O
Have you edited something or something like that?
No ash i just defeated both leagues and caught celebi and saved right in front of it.And now theres no exit.
This game is confusing me.
What can I do inthis situation.
Do you have bug free version?
If yes,then post the url or the site name.
Plz help.needed......

Can anyone tel me where can I get advance map?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No ash i just defeated both leagues and caught celebi and saved right in front of it.And now theres no exit.]/b]
This game is confusing me.
What can I do inthis situation.
Do you have bug free version?
If yes,then post the url or the site name.
Plz help.needed......

Can anyone tel me where can I get advance map?

Per the bolded section, there's your problem. This also happens if you save in certain Gyms with them being partially complete, then reload your save. Seanport and Serenity are two that come to mind. I'm sure many later ones do as well, and I'm certain Drakebreath is among them. However, here's an image of the map connection as shown in AdvanceMap:

dardusk.png

Based on this, enter the following code into your cheats (I've spoilered it) and then try walking into the tree at the map edge, which is the one in your screenshot. Bingo. You should be able to walk straight back out into the map. NOTE TO ASH AND ANYONE ELSE WHO HELPS SOLVE PROBLEMS: Due to this kind of stopper and the Gym problems, the spoilered code really is the best solution for most problems encountered.

Spoiler:

I linked to the AdvanceMap thread in my prior post. It's best to visit the links there if you wish to download it. I think on the site they always say link to the site, not direct to the file. I do one better by linking the thread.

Now to something more interesting. My Dardusk events have inexplicably reset; Solana is hanging around the woods, and Ash is having problems with his Bagon again. This despite me being at Snowce. Nice.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Back