The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
What kind of sprites? And what do you mean by "updated"?
Sprite as the sprite of Chaos rush, new sprite of new generation

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old March 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Sprite as the sprite of Chaos rush, new sprite of new generation
The most complete one is Jambo's 649 hack, which is not done yet. They are quite easy to insert, just a couple clicks for each one using Wichu's Advanced Series, so it wouldn't be too hard to do yourself. Remember, the project is far from done, only Gen IV is completely done; Gen I is 1/2 way there, same with Gen V, and Gens II and III are barely started.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 29th, 2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: i somehow always say Gen VI instead of Gen V, lol
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
I have this problem with some Ow's:

In NSE classic, the OW(Pokemon there) looks perfectly fine, and it looked some days ago ingame perfectly fine too.
Today though, or if I remember right, on the actual mapp there were only 2 other people OW's, and I added like 4 more, then it looked like this.

I doubt it is the fault of it though, I think the problem is that I gotta repoint it pobably into new free space.

But I just wanted to get sure before I waste some space there.
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:09 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
I have this problem with some Ow's:

In NSE classic, the OW(Pokemon there) looks perfectly fine, and it looked some days ago ingame perfectly fine too.
Today though, or if I remember right, on the actual mapp there were only 2 other people OW's, and I added like 4 more, then it looked like this.

I doubt it is the fault of it though, I think the problem is that I gotta repoint it pobably into new free space.

But I just wanted to get sure before I waste some space there.
That, orrr, I know that that there is a limited number of different OW palettes that can be shown on screen at once (this is why there were so few in the original game) so, if each one of your characters and OWs has its own palette, it could cause trouble.

By the way, that looks amazing (besides the bad palettes:p).

Paired with Simba
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:31 PM
HyperXhydra

Is it safe to hack Emerald with the newest Advance map version? would the sound corruption happen? or should I change the ini?
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle

How can i erase the old dan?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old March 29th, 2013, 05:16 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Well, I finally got the basement thingie I've been working on working...except for a few bugs. Here's what I did:
Gave the upstairs room (the one that can only place dolls and cushions) the Secret Base tilesets
Inserted floor, wall, and staircase tiles from the original room to the Secret Base tileset
Replaced Palette 7 with the same palette as the original room
Edited the Secret Base furniture tiles to replace the floors and walls

The end result is exactly what I wanted, a fully customizable room. However, it still has problems. When a decoration is about to be placed, it looks glitchy, but once it's placed, it looks fine. That's a bit of annoyance I'd like to fix but acceptable if it can't. The major problem is, when I leave the room and come back, the decorations are all gone. The game recognizes their existence since I can still put them away, but they're just...gone. Similar to when I attempted to place decorations in the non-compatible room.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:28 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
Is it safe to hack Emerald with the newest Advance map version? would the sound corruption happen? or should I change the ini?
Use A-map 1.92 and you should be fine. 1.95 is quite buggy on all versions of the advance gen due to it being a beta. If you can't stand drawing one tile at a time and you want the new tools from 1.95, make sure that that is all you do! Set up the map and do everything else but draw it in 1.92. Drawing in 1.95 is safe, not much else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
How can i erase the old dan?
Use the old DaN program which created it. I think you are in DNS but I am not sure. If DNS can't delete it, then switch back to DaN to delete it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Well, I finally got the basement thingie I've been working on working...except for a few bugs. Here's what I did:
Gave the upstairs room (the one that can only place dolls and cushions) the Secret Base tilesets
Inserted floor, wall, and staircase tiles from the original room to the Secret Base tileset
Replaced Palette 7 with the same palette as the original room
Edited the Secret Base furniture tiles to replace the floors and walls

The end result is exactly what I wanted, a fully customizable room. However, it still has problems. When a decoration is about to be placed, it looks glitchy, but once it's placed, it looks fine. That's a bit of annoyance I'd like to fix but acceptable if it can't. The major problem is, when I leave the room and come back, the decorations are all gone. The game recognizes their existence since I can still put them away, but they're just...gone. Similar to when I attempted to place decorations in the non-compatible room.
Secret bases have 4 map scripts associated with them. All of these scripts use vars and cmds which have very little to no documentation whatsoever. I think these might be your problem. One of the commands is cmdA6. The only things known about it is that it allows certain tile functions to happen, such as the ash grass near Fallabor Town. Try using these map scripts on your map, they will probably help. however, the third one will need to be rewritten as it is the script for "Do you want to make your secret base here?" So, you will need to change it for your purposes.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 29th, 2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:46 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Has there been a hack for FireRed/LeafGreen containing Secret Bases?
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:11 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
Has there been a hack for FireRed/LeafGreen containing Secret Bases?
Not that I know of.... I do know that shinyquagsire is attempting to make a remake of Ruby on FireRed, however he is nowhere near the point of adding in all of the little side features like Secret Bases.

Paired with Simba
Old March 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

I copied the four map scripts from a Secret Base to my map as suggested. (Thanks karatekid552) However, instead of getting a "Do you want to make your secret base here?" upon entering, it displayed glitchy text that looped endlessly. I deleted the third Secret Base script and successfully got rid of that. But my original problem of decorations disappearing and reappearing still occurred. If I need that third Secret Base map script to fix it, I can easily copy it back. I don't know why it gives me glitchy text instead of the normal prompt though I suspect it has something to do with not being able to modify certain map script offsets, only the second offset. When I opened that particular script in XSE, it looks like this:

#org 0x1A2EF8
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x0
special 0x12
setvar 0x4089 0x1
end

I don't know which variable sets up the prompt, so I don't know how I would edit it without screwing up it's purpose. That is, if these map scripts can fix my problem.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Sapphire.png‎ (2.4 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old March 29th, 2013, 05:43 PM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Scripting commands lightenroom and darkenroom (used in Brawly's Gym) don't work in FR.

Any way I could add them in?
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:19 PM
abhmul

Quick question about Gen II hacking. I'm a beginning hacker and making one of Pokemon Silver, but the one thing that really annoys me is that TR executives don't play the traditional TR battle theme. How would I go about changing that?
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:27 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
I have another three questions.

1) How did Liquid Crystal got rid of the help system?

2) Is there a way to make an animated bootscreen?

3) I'm making a hack where you start in one map, five oddly colored tiles. Each one can transport you to one village. Like if you want to start in Fire village, step on the red tile blah.. blah.. blah.. etc. When you get transferred, you're warped on one of the five players room. So basically there will be five house, okay? Then, when you choose one, I want the other four to lock up, forever. How do I do that?
Here's a pic:
Spoiler:

@karatekid552
About the Lookup thing, how do I do that?

It just says 03 03

EDIT: Fixed it. Turns out I should have used 0x3005542. That's what it says in WesleyFG's Tut.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260348

Last edited by robin22gongon; March 30th, 2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old March 30th, 2013, 03:36 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
I copied the four map scripts from a Secret Base to my map as suggested. (Thanks karatekid552) However, instead of getting a "Do you want to make your secret base here?" upon entering, it displayed glitchy text that looped endlessly. I deleted the third Secret Base script and successfully got rid of that. But my original problem of decorations disappearing and reappearing still occurred. If I need that third Secret Base map script to fix it, I can easily copy it back. I don't know why it gives me glitchy text instead of the normal prompt though I suspect it has something to do with not being able to modify certain map script offsets, only the second offset. When I opened that particular script in XSE, it looks like this:

#org 0x1A2EF8
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x0
special 0x12
setvar 0x4089 0x1
end

I don't know which variable sets up the prompt, so I don't know how I would edit it without screwing up it's purpose. That is, if these map scripts can fix my problem.
When I meant third, I meant third from 0, as in Map Script #2.... I think, lol, I don't have it open in front of me. Make sure you copy of all of the settings as best as you can and open every script. It will be plainly obvious which one has the text in it.

Also, if this still gives you problems, I just thought of something: the tile that you click on to create a Secret Base outside of the secret base itself. The little square in the wall. That might set some vars and such as well. Look up a behavior byte tutorial and find out where its script would be located and take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
I have another three questions.

1) How did Liquid Crystal got rid of the help system?

2) Is there a way to make an animated bootscreen?

3) I'm making a hack where you start in one map, five oddly colored tiles. Each one can transport you to one village. Like if you want to start in Fire village, step on the red tile blah.. blah.. blah.. etc. When you get transferred, you're warped on one of the five players room. So basically there will be five house, okay? Then, when you choose one, I want the other four to lock up, forever. How do I do that?
Here's a pic:
Spoiler:
1) No clue, though it was probably noping some commands.

2) Well, anything is possible, the only problem is creating an ASM routine to run your animation. At one point, Darthatron created one for the titlescreen (which can be seen in Liquid Crystal) but I don't think a bootscreen one has been done.

3) Use a var. Choose a var and when the player warps set it to the house number (1-5) then create 5 similar scripts, one for each house, that only allow you to pass through the door if the var equals the number of the house. You could also have a checkflag before it to create a manual override so that all of the houses can become unlocked at some point in the game, if you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
Scripting commands lightenroom and darkenroom (used in Brawly's Gym) don't work in FR.

Any way I could add them in?
There are several commands which do absolutely nothing, as in just returning you to the script in which it was called. This could have happened to those commands since they weren't needed. Essentially, you would need to restore their old ASM routines if that is the case. I know nothing more.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 30th, 2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 30th, 2013, 03:58 AM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Use a var. Choose a var and when the player warps set it to the house number (1-5) then create 5 similar scripts, one for each house, that only allow you to pass through the door if the var equals the number of the house. You could also have a checkflag before it to create a manual override so that all of the houses can become unlocked at some point in the game, if you choose.
Sorry for the noobish question and being a disturbance, I haven't mastered vars yet and I'm more of like exam now lesson later type so...... Ummmm...... Sample?
Old March 30th, 2013, 04:18 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Sorry for the noobish question and being a disturbance, I haven't mastered vars yet and I'm more of like exam now lesson later type so...... Ummmm...... Sample?
All you will need is setvar and compare.

When you step on a tile, have this:

setvar 0x[Var: see var list for a good one] 0x[House number]

Then, put an invisible person or a tile in front of every house for which the script contains:

checkflag 0x[Override] 'in case you want on override flag
if 0x1 goto @this_house_is_unlocked
compare 0x[Var we picked earlier] 0x[House number of this house]
if 0x0 goto @this_house_is_locked

I think you can figure the rest out.

Paired with Simba
Old March 30th, 2013, 04:51 AM
robin22gongon

Quote:
All you will need is setvar and compare.

When you step on a tile, have this:

setvar 0x[Var: see var list for a good one] 0x[House number]

Then, put an invisible person or a tile in front of every house for which the script contains:

checkflag 0x[Override] 'in case you want on override flag
compare 0x[Var we picked earlier] 0x[House number of this house]
if 0x0 goto @this_house_is_locked

I think you can figure the rest out.
Okay, I'll figure the rest out.

Everyone! Anybody except karatekid552, does any of you have a var list? The one used in scripts!?
I can't find a var list in diegoisawesome and tajaros' scripting thread!

Also, what command in A-map do I use for a random weather?
Here's the script:
Spoiler:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x80008A
random 0xA
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x88000FC
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8800102
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x8800108
compare LASTRESULT 0x3
if 0x1 goto 0x880010E
compare LASTRESULT 0x4
if 0x1 goto 0x8800114
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x1 goto 0x880011A
compare LASTRESULT 0x6
if 0x1 goto 0x8800120
compare LASTRESULT 0x7
if 0x1 goto 0x8800126
compare LASTRESULT 0x8
if 0x1 goto 0x880012C
compare LASTRESULT 0x9
if 0x1 goto 0x8800132
'---------------
#org 0x8000FC
setweather 0x1
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800102
setweather 0x2
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800108
setweather 0x3
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x80010E
setweather 0x4
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800114
setweather 0x5
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x80011A
setweather 0x7
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800120
setweather 0xB
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800126
setweather 0xD
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x80012C
setweather 0x2
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800132
setweather 0xB
doweather
end

Last edited by robin22gongon; March 30th, 2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:56 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
When I meant third, I meant third from 0, as in Map Script #2.... I think, lol, I don't have it open in front of me. Make sure you copy of all of the settings as best as you can and open every script. It will be plainly obvious which one has the text in it.

Also, if this still gives you problems, I just thought of something: the tile that you click on to create a Secret Base outside of the secret base itself. The little square in the wall. That might set some vars and such as well. Look up a behavior byte tutorial and find out where its script would be located and take a look at it.
That's what I meant too. Map Script #2. (Or #4 in this case since the room map already started with 2 scripts.)

Anyways, those titles are accompanied by sign events made for Secret Bases, so I'm thinking I should relocate the map to the Secret Base header. Now, should I simply edit an existing map to recreate this map, giving it a different map number like 25.0, or should I replace a Secret Base map, keeping the map number as 1.1?

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Could someone list me all the DS hacks that were made on this site? You see I want to add DS hacks to my flash drive and I can't add GBA as it only support DS games. But it could take me hours even days to find all the hacks on here that are hacked from DS titles.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:57 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Okay, I'll figure the rest out.

Everyone! Anybody except karatekid552, does any of you have a var list? The one used in scripts!?
I can't find a var list in diegoisawesome and tajaros' scripting thread!

Also, what command in A-map do I use for a random weather?
Here's the script:
Spoiler:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x80008A
random 0xA
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x88000FC
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8800102
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x8800108
compare LASTRESULT 0x3
if 0x1 goto 0x880010E
compare LASTRESULT 0x4
if 0x1 goto 0x8800114
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x1 goto 0x880011A
compare LASTRESULT 0x6
if 0x1 goto 0x8800120
compare LASTRESULT 0x7
if 0x1 goto 0x8800126
compare LASTRESULT 0x8
if 0x1 goto 0x880012C
compare LASTRESULT 0x9
if 0x1 goto 0x8800132
'---------------
#org 0x8000FC
setweather 0x1
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800102
setweather 0x2
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800108
setweather 0x3
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x80010E
setweather 0x4
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800114
setweather 0x5
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x80011A
setweather 0x7
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800120
setweather 0xB
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800126
setweather 0xD
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x80012C
setweather 0x2
doweather
end

'---------------
#org 0x800132
setweather 0xB
doweather
end
I meant DavidJCobb's posts which listed the function of a every var.

And for your script, I would try 05 and if that doesn't work, 02.

Quote:
That's what I meant too. Map Script #2. (Or #4 in this case since the room map already started with 2 scripts.)

Anyways, those titles are accompanied by sign events made for Secret Bases, so I'm thinking I should relocate the map to the Secret Base header. Now, should I simply edit an existing map to recreate this map, giving it a different map number like 25.0, or should I replace a Secret Base map, keeping the map number as 1.1?
Yes, I would just replace a Secret Base and keep the map in the Secret Base header. That would work best.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 30th, 2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:24 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Yes, I would just replace a Secret Base and keep the map in the Secret Base header. That would work best.
It worked! I gave the staircase the tile effect of an open cliff Secret Base entrance while I was at it. Didn't even need a signpost event to go with it. Everything works EXACTLY as planned! No "Would you like to make your Secret Base here?" text, no " 's BASE" area text, no need to register the place as a base, the decorations still remain there when I leave and come back, even the pack up option simply puts away the decorations without losing ownership of the place!

Just one pestering little harmless glitch I'd still like fixed if possible. The decorations still look glitchy when in the middle of placing them. Still looks fine afterward though. That's the last thing wrong with the place. If that can be fixed, this decorator-able basement will be flawless and I can start editing the decorations into better furniture!

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
It worked! I gave the staircase the tile effect of an open cliff Secret Base entrance while I was at it. Didn't even need a signpost event to go with it. Everything works EXACTLY as planned! No "Would you like to make your Secret Base here?" text, no " 's BASE" area text, no need to register the place as a base, the decorations still remain there when I leave and come back, even the pack up option simply puts away the decorations without losing ownership of the place!

Just one pestering little harmless glitch I'd still like fixed if possible. The decorations still look glitchy when in the middle of placing them. Still looks fine afterward though. That's the last thing wrong with the place. If that can be fixed, this decorator-able basement will be flawless and I can start editing the decorations into better furniture!
That one perplexes me. I assume that the script which uses cmdA6 was inserted properly, right? Also, is it all decorations, or just the tile ones?

Paired with Simba
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:17 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
That one perplexes me. I assume that the script which uses cmdA6 was inserted properly, right? Also, is it all decorations, or just the tile ones?
Just the tile ones. Plushies and cushions work fine. I didn't mess with any scripts since the needed ones came with the the Secret Base map I edited.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:22 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Just the tile ones. Plushies and cushions work fine. I didn't mess with any scripts since the needed ones came with the the Secret Base map I edited.
That is what I thought. I believe it has something to do with cmdA6.... What happens when you remove that script? (Back-up please)

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here