The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:44 AM
steverut
Unhatched Egg

I have a Nidoqueen error card with no fossil logo. But the interesting part is the foil isn't attached to the cardboard part of the card. The card is in two pieces. I compared it to other cards and it doesn't appear to be fake. I haven't seen anything like it and was wondering if it is rare or worthless. If anyone knows how much it is worth let me know. Thanks!

I'm new so it wouldn't let me post any pictures of the card. If you pm me or give me your email I can send pics
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:42 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

From what you describe, it doesn't sound like it's an actual card, but could you please post pictures as attachments to your next post here?
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:40 AM
steverut
Unhatched Egg

Ok I posted 2 pics as attachments

nido1.jpg

nido2.jpg
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
If it's in two pieces like that it's probably fake. Might I ask where you acquired it? It appears to be based off of this card:
http://www.bbtoystore.com/mm5/pokemon/PK_J_h7.jpg
Old March 30th, 2013, 02:42 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Did you compare the feel of it to other cards? It appears legitimate on the surface, but I do have my doubts about its authenticity. If it's legitimate it's certainly not something that would be sought after by collectors, though, especially in the frayed condition it's in.

Which side of the card is that foil pattern on? Because that'd probably be our best tell right there.
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Rocket_Executive
SCIENCE

Nature: Sassy
I'm just wondering, how do you know the two pieces go together?
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:05 AM
steverut
Unhatched Egg

It's part of my old collection I found in the closet. Don't remember exactly where I got it. Pulled it out a sleeve to take a pic to sell it and it was in two pieces. Maybe I go a fake along the line and it just now came apart? If it is a fake it is a very good one because it looks and feels just like the other cards
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:57 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

It's a very unusual happenstance, but it's not going to be very valuable at all. Very, very few people want a card that's in 2 pieces.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links