The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Yup, it's the forest one. It looks incredible. Honestly I was feeling rather meh about the rest of the season, but after the trailers I can genuinely say I'm pumped up for it.
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Something also tells me we got a glimpse at some sort of Silent in the trailer, right at :32. I seriously can't wait for this to turn out to be the season of the silence, simply because I love what they mean for the series. Dalek and Cybermen? Eh the doctor is irked and super pissed off at them, but the Silence? Gives him a run for his money, and then some.

And indeed. The trailer does wonders. The series feels so much more grounded, but classic at the same time. Some of the stuff seen though, holy crap. Tardis on a 707? SOLD.
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I feel like the entire first half of season seven has just been very bland. Dinosaurs On A Spaceship was just...ugh. Angels Take Manhattan made me go from loving the Weeping Angels in Blink to hating them. It just gives me hope that Moffat is pulling his head out of his butt and giving us a great season 7.5. Not that the first half is all on him, he didn't write every episode, but as head writer he should be able to change the stuff that was just silly.
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Season 7 was alright for me, although some of the episodes were rather dull and painful to watch. Angels in Manhattan for me was a tragic but well-thought out episode, you would never expect the Doctor's companions to suddenly poof away, they're giving you the unexpected in my opinion. At least that's from my point of view, I was thinking any minute the Doctor would come in out of nowhere and whisk them to safety before trying to fight off the angels. But it's interesting though the outcome of that episode, because it's usually in most shows at least the good people or the protagonists win without anyone dying or disappearing rather than evil truimphing.

And I don't know Season 7 was good for me at least except for maybe Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, it wasn't particularly special. The only amusing or entertaining part for me was watching the man getting covered in dinosaur saliva and even that's only for a brief part of the episode. I'm hoping Season 7.5 will have a little more action along with interesting episode plots. :3
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Are you kidding? Season 7 was amazing! We had a new kickass Doctor and brilliant ginger scientist Liz Shaw and having the Brig around all the time was awesome!

Er but yeah series 7... not so great. I actually liked the Power of Three best, even though the actual villain was kind of poor. It had just the right amount of cheese and comedy that I like~ And Kate Stewart oh bby girl she has to come back please and thank you. And I'm really sad that we probably won't see Brian again. :( He was just extremely great.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Nothing from the first half of S7 stood out for me much. I guess I liked pretty much any scene with Brian because he's brilliant. The rest... I dunno, I found it really forgettable and if it wasn't forgettable, it's only because I didn't like it and ranted about it a little. So it's been kind of hard to get my hopes up for the latter half but I'm still hoping Clara will be great.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 30th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

This just in, David Tennant and Billie Piper will return for the 50th!
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:47 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Username: DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Favorite Doctor: Jon Pertwee

Favorite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

The only two episodes in Series 7 I haven't liked so far is The Ayslum of the Daleks (Perhaps the worst Nuwho episode to date.) and Angels in Mannhatten. It was amazing on it's first view (I was in tears, tbh.), but repeated views suddenly make the episode seem very forced. Although it did handle the Angels alot better than the 2 parter from Series 5.

Spoiler:
I hope that Moffet plans to tread carefully around the 50th. I really don't like the idea of Rose as the companion for the 10th...

Last edited by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher; March 31st, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I'm excited and also disappointed I was spoilt for the news almost as soon as it broke, haha... although I doubt I'd be able to pay even partial attention to the fandom and not know by the time the 50th Anniv special airs.

Spoiler:
I'm also a bit worried because I know Moffat as a writer never really liked Rose... the episodes he wrote during the Rose era often had her doing exceptionally dumb things or being really jealous/catty/whatever. :( I hope he avoids that in this because that's not what I'm interested in seeing.

(That said, maybe the news should be in spoilers? :P)

tumblrtwitter

Old March 31st, 2013, 08:46 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Spoiler:
I'm also a bit worried because I know Moffat as a writer never really liked Rose... the episodes he wrote during the Rose era often had her doing exceptionally dumb things or being really jealous/catty/whatever. I hope he avoids that in this because that's not what I'm interested in seeing.
Spoiler:
That's a very good point! I really think that Rose has already been done enough as a character, she's had her twist, and her ending. You bring her back into the 50th ungracefully, we'll be dealing with another retcon. I would of much rather have seen Donna, someone that we can't see really see again considering how she was written out of the show. I suppose that holds true to Rose as well, but it's much easier to say "oh we acually can get back into that mirror-verse" or "Rose and Handy managed to make it out of the verse" then "Oh, Donna, right well, timy wimy remembery doctor." That being said, it's totally viable that Current Martha nad Current Jack can make an apperence...
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher View Post
Spoiler:
That's a very good point! I really think that Rose has already been done enough as a character, she's had her twist, and her ending. You bring her back into the 50th ungracefully, we'll be dealing with another retcon. I would of much rather have seen Donna, someone that we can't see really see again considering how she was written out of the show. I suppose that holds true to Rose as well, but it's much easier to say "oh we acually can get back into that mirror-verse" or "Rose and Handy managed to make it out of the verse" then "Oh, Donna, right well, timy wimy remembery doctor." That being said, it's totally viable that Current Martha nad Current Jack can make an apperence...
Spoiler:
Well, anything can kind of be retconned by just saying it's part of the original adventure (of Docter [#] and [companion]" that simply wasn't shown on TV. The only problem with it when it concerns Rose is she did have a tendency to get jealous. :/ She got jealous of a FORMER companion... so you just know that if she saw a future companion--one that's, in essence, her replacement--she'd probably flip. I don't think she'd be very fun to reminisce with if she had a plot like that and if she didn't have a plot like that, I don't know if I'd find it as believable. Rose has always come off as selfish (and very human, because of it) so I worry what the dynamic of the episode will be simply because she's the companion there... whether it's "during" her original run with the Doctor or she shows up with Donna!Doctor from that alternate dimension. :s

If the companion were Martha or Donna instead, I don't think we'd have anything to worry about because I think they'd take it really well that the Doctor had a new companion. They were both a bit more level-headed about that sort of thing, I think. So I do kinda wish it was anyone but Rose, the more I think about it. :(

tumblrtwitter

Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Radio Rebel
Be heard! Be strong! Be proud!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Username: U_Flame
Favorite Doctor: David Tennant
Favorite Companion: Hmm, toughie. I'd say Amy and Rory. Or just Amy.
Are you me? Although I'd lean more towards Rory being my favorite than Amy. Though I guess I should do a proper application:

Username: Radio Rebel
Favorite Doctor: Tennant
Favorite Companion: Rory

YouTubeLast.fm ♦ Proud member of Geronimo! and The Rainbow Connection
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Username: コナンくん
Favorite Doctor: Tenth Doctor - David Tennant
Favorite Companion: Rose Tyler - Billie Piper

I recently got into this series. I feel in love with it from the start. I am on season 5 right now. Tenth Doctor is my favorite character, Rose is my second.
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:58 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

So does anyone have any remarks on the Series 7-2 Opener. I havn't had the chance to see it yet, but surly someone else here has?
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
What is doctor who?

Well I'll tell you who he is, and not what the show is. He's a Time traveler...

He is called 'The Doctor' not 'Doctor Who'. Neither is he called 'Dr. Who'.

Also technically he is not just a time traveller. He travels in space and time, technically if you really think about it he never exists in one place. He honestly can be everywhere at once, even in different incarnations. We're watching 11 right now, but remember, somewhere in space and time, all the others are still living and doing their work. An incarnation of the Doctor is never dead/gone.

Sweet Rassilon, please fix that. In fact, that whole intro... First off, the Doctor isn't even human, you just, ah, happen to not mention that. He looks human (or do humans look Time Lord?)

You know, the Regeneration thing, and two hearts, plus multiple other things.

Seriously, all and all, not the best intro, but if someone is planning on joining the club than they must already know the show in the first place so in theory it's probably not a big deal. You know unless a new person to the show comes along and wonders what it is or something. They might get a bit confused.

Anyways, I was a rather active member in the old thread before it died last season, so I might as well try again.

Username: Seriously? It's up there, see? The top of the post? Next to that picture?
Favorite Doctor: In order fav to least fav; 10, 5, 9, 4, 11, 8, 3, 2, 1, 7, 6.
Favorite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith

I am a true TARDIS blue Whovian.

Thoughts on series seven thus far... I am not impressed in the slightest. (Just like EternallyAnna if it's over two months old I'm not spoiler-ing it) Amy and Rory's leaving was... I felt it was rather half done and the episode moved far too quickly and the plot behind it all was sloppily written.

In fact this whole series has been sub par, and I really expected more of Moffat than this. I just hope this is a small hiccup. What I really hope is that whatever happens, the 50th Anniversary is going to be done well, and in a tasteful manner that won't be ripping out the stll beating hearts of die hard fans who have been watching this show for decades, and even for the new fans who have been watching it for nearly another decade in its reboot.

Also, there are no words to express my rage at the end of season 6. None at all. It almost ruined the show for me. If Moffat can't pull his head out of his ass and fix it they will have lost a die hard fan and simply have gained someone that watches the show.
Old April 7th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Okay first and foremost, sorry for being inactive, trying to get back into the net. Second, I'll fix the intro, eventually. It was sloppy, and I admit it needs work. Third, welcome all new members. Your names will get on the member list, don't worry. Just need time on my part.
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Username - Nintendork15
Favorite Doctor - Matt Smith (11)

Even though not many people like Matt, they dislike him for the wrong reasons, Mainly because of Moffat's writing. But I do believe he's formed into a lovely persona for the Doctor. :I <3

Favorite Companion - Sarah Jane smith

Just. Sarah. <3
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Username - Nintendork15
Favorite Doctor - Matt Smith (11)

Even though not many people like Matt, they dislike him for the wrong reasons, Mainly because of Moffat's writing. But I do believe he's formed into a lovely persona for the Doctor. :I <3

Favorite Companion - Sarah Jane smith

Just. Sarah. <3
I agree with you entirely. Although I will always have my place in my heart for 10 and 3, 11 has really grown on me as a Doctor. It might not be until the end of his run until I go out and say. "You Know What?... Matt Smith was my favorite Doctor."
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher View Post
I agree with you entirely. Although I will always have my place in my heart for 10 and 3, 11 has really grown on me as a Doctor. It might not be until the end of his run until I go out and say. "You Know What?... Matt Smith was my favorite Doctor."
Well, my answer may change soon.
I've been watching the Classic Who's.
I've just finished 'The War Games' I liked the 2nd Doctor through and through. <3

Waiting for Season 7 to get here and I'll watching the 3rd Doctor. <3
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

How did I not know this was here before? I absolutely must join.

Username: Somniac

Favorite Doctor: Out of the original airings I would say Tom Baker [4th doctor] was my favorite, that was until the newer airings where I fell in love with David Tennant. I think Tennant bought an emotion to the doctor that we hadn't seen before, the 'angry / chaotic / in pain' doctor, seen in episodes like 'the runaway bride' or the 'family of blood' [He pushes Mother of Mine out of the TARDIS into the event horizon of a collapsing galaxy, wraps Father of Mine in unbreakable chains forged in the heart of a dwarf star, traps Sister of Mine in every mirror in existence, and suspends Son of Mine as a scarecrow.]

Favorite Companion: I enjoyed Amy as a companion, once Rory because more of an integral part. The two had a good chemistry and they seemed more actual friends to the doctor than companions at points.
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

I just finished watching Cold War! I loved it :3

So what are people's thoughts on Clara so far? Maybe it's just because of my love of Amy and Rory, but I'm just having a hard time getting excited or interested in her character. She was more interesting in her previous incarnations then she is now. Maybe that will develop with the season though...
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Clara's alright. I haven't seen Cold War yet (wow I should get on that; new episode is tomorrow), but I really liked her interaction with the little girl in the second episode of this half. I've never really liked the 11th Doctor's interactions with... anyone. He's always just been so awkward and inhuman which is absolutely fine, but something about Clara's genuine warmth with others is just refreshing. Aside from that, I don't really have any opinions on her so far. She's kind of generic as far as characters go. But I've only seen two episodes with this Clara so I don't feel like I can judge yet.

tumblrtwitter

Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

So does anyone else have any more thoughts on recent episodes?

I reallly enjoyed the last two episodes alot! I still think my favorite of the season is Cold War, but Hush and Journey to the Center of the Tardis were both great!

Still can't find a reason to enjoy Clara though...
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Asuna_Yuuki

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Asuna_Yuuki
Hello, everyone!

Username: Asuna_Yuuki
Favorite Doctor: Ten
Favorite Companion: Donna.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:30 AM
MelchiorFlyer
Flygon

Nature: Naive
Omg! Yes!

Username: Checkers_Albino_Umbreon
Favorite Doctor: David Tennant! XDXD
Favorite Companion: Martha Jones. :3

I LOVE this show so much! XD

P.S. Have a random picture! :3
Spoiler:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-T...youmymummy.png
HAHA! YOU HAVE TO USE THE LINK! XD

PM Me if you add me~!

Flygon is my bby~!

Last edited by MelchiorFlyer; May 12th, 2013 at 02:43 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links