• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
HotY 2012 Results

Introduction

Another year has passed and with it another batch of hacks and hackers have made their homes at PC. I'm sure that we have all been proud of something that we've accomplished in Emulation this year, whether it was putting all of your effort in to a project that took off, expanding your skill set, making a brand new discovery or even finding new friends there should be a reason to look back and smile. Personally, I was proud to join the staff team alongside giradialkia this year and help look after the section which I've enjoyed immensely since 2009. As like happens every year around these parts, we have the Hack of the Year competition with awards galore, so let's get in to it!

Please note that this thread is for posting congratulations only. Do not complain that your favourite hack didn't win, or be rude towards others in your posts.

Results:

The judges for 2012's Hack of the Year were giradialkia, Darthatron, destinedjagold and myself. It was without a doubt the closest contest with decisive results ever seen here, with first and third only being separated by two points. There is also a breakdown of how it all panned out along with each judge's score for the hacks:

5Vip5Yv.png

c5piqc5.png

BqJIndK.png

grid2_zps8e665fcc.png

In addition, these are the awards for the first round of voting. All hacks which were placed in the top three of each category have received an award to highlight their achievements in the popular vote.

Spoiler:

SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL, HOW DID WE FORGET?
Thanks to Spherical Ice for the great looking awards. He did us a huge favour and is awesome, just like the awards.​

Final Thoughts:

While we can gaze back on our experiences last year we mustn't forget about the future. With the commencement of a community-driven hack and another round of new members and hacks to the emulation scene, there's plenty to look forward to in 2013. I hope you enjoyed all of the hacks featured in HotY this year along with those which aren't as recognised or still starting out, so until next time, adios!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Congradulations to Wesley for winning and LaZ and Diego for being in third and second place respectively.
Oh my god...the scores, they were so close..

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Sort of the exact same votes I'd have given came true! Rationally, I think you guys did a great job picking up the best hacks. I think this isn't the first time LP is HotY?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So it has come to this...
LP finally won...
Somehow this feels really nostalgic... it's been too long since LP started being in HoTYs and still did not win... and now, it has come :D
Congratulations to Wesley, he deserved it for the hard work he did on it =)

(Heh, never expected DJG to be judge xD)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
(Heh, never expected DJG to be judge xD)

For sure. Me too. I posted again just to ask if all the misc awards are judged the same way? And also, WesleyFG should be the next year's judge if he came active more frequently...

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
So LP has finally won the HOTY...

Anyways, congrats to all the winners hope more interesting hacks come out this year... :)

Years
Wow, I think those awards are the most beautiful things I've ever seen ever. Damn, I'd like to shake the hand of whoever made them. Whoa.

Congrats on Light Platinum, I can't say I necessarily agree but at least it won't be spamming up future HOTYs.

marcc5m

what
Years
Congrats light platinum for finally not having to clog up the top 3 ever again!

Also I disagree with the final thoughts, if 2013 is anything like 2012 then hacking is screwed.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
(No pretty awards for the Best Storyline winners? D: )

Anyway, congrats to all the winners! (And you're all winners. :) ). I think that's the closest HotY voting I've yet seen. XD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm late to the party here. The thing that I found interesting is that graphics won the day, with a five point edge in that category alone.

Cyclone

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'm even later to the party, and I will now commence gloating. :)

Years
Wow, after all those years being 2nd no wonder it reached this year 1st.

haven't been on the forums for a long time, and the results are out but this was indeed the best game as I suspected...

congratulations well deserved..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back