Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:32 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♣Gawain♣ View Post
What really hits me most is what Snowdrop's mother. "Don't worry, you don't need your eyes to have a place in the world". It may not be exactly the phrase, but the lesson is clear. You think your weakness or infirmity obscure your abilities, but if we understand that behind all that we can really make a big difference in this world.

Anyway, the fan-made episode Double Rainboom has already been released at Momocon in Youtube.
Thanks for the heads up. :D
But I think I'll wait for a clearer video. :3
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Just finished intalling MLP for Cloudpad.

The items though are expensive though. But it's worth the effort hehe.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Hey, guys! The fanmade episode is coming out today. Who's watching it or who watched it?
She had gold hair the color of money and red eyes, the color of blood.
Oxidation--resident darkness angel. Pairs! Call me: Pala, Yuki or Melissa.
Ever Grande City! My Normal Twitter My OS-tan obsession Twitter!
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old March 31st, 2013, 05:43 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Double Rainboom?
Spoiler:
It was epic.

Although, the first part I felt like it was really moving slow, but it was still cool.
And the cross-over at the end was really unexpected.

It was fun, and made me feel weird, for it somehow reminded me of my childhood, sice I used to watch the Powerpuff Girls before.

Old March 31st, 2013, 06:44 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I should go find Double Rainboom on youtube before it inevitably gets pulled off by Hasbro.
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:38 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I should go find Double Rainboom on youtube before it inevitably gets pulled off by Hasbro.
Aperently the creator and his teem have agreed on things with hasbro's lawyers/marketing team about the obvious copyright issues. It seems they have hasbro's permission to release their film. So I guess hasbro might not take it down in youtube immediatly.

Old March 31st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Houndour2005

Looking forward to Sonic Rainbom.

And I loved Snowdrop.
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:29 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I forgot PC would always pull a weird joke this time of the year...

Finally watched DR. I was totally surprised by the cartoon network and hub characters(most of which are my favorites). But it's awesome, with the trololol in it.

Quote:
Besides, if they do ever pulled it off I already downloaded the video.

Last edited by ♣Gawain♣; April 1st, 2013 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:12 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegStein View Post
Aperently the creator and his teem have agreed on things with hasbro's lawyers/marketing team about the obvious copyright issues. It seems they have hasbro's permission to release their film. So I guess hasbro might not take it down in youtube immediatly.
Nah, Hasbro isn't taking it down at all. Flamingo and his team got full permission to keep the project up, declaring it non-profit and that is it a fan-project. With the permission granted, there should be no removal at all. If there is, then its trolls.

Old April 1st, 2013, 10:19 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
HAY GUYS THIS IS MEGAN (on a different account + under this anonymity lmao)

I'm back for good, and I have sooooo much to talk about in terms of ponies! I'm really glad this club is still up and not dead, I was afraid it would! Now, give me a good few hours to get everyone on the list, and I'll write a tl;dr about what I thought about the season finale + the two fanmade episodes! (I watched Snowdrop but not Double Rainboom yet, will soon!)

For those of you who joined while I was gone during lent gone during my absence, here's a late welcome aboard! <3
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:41 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
(In case the SeaGreen isn't obvious I'm Yuki's Sword...hi!)

I'm this close to watching Double Rainboom. I have it in my likes and I can't wait to watch it. Snowdrop is also high up on my lists for watching fanmade stuff. Can't wait!

One other thing,.. any news on Equestria Girls yet? EQD is overloaded with fake stuff today.
She had gold hair the color of money and red eyes, the color of blood.
Oxidation--resident darkness angel. Pairs! Call me: Pala, Yuki or Melissa.
Ever Grande City! My Normal Twitter My OS-tan obsession Twitter!
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 1st, 2013, 04:45 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

I keep hearing that the whole Equestria Girls thing is all a joke and it's never going to happen. I was reading a thread in MLP forums like..two weeks ago, The Hub released their upcoming show schedule and the network DID NOT include Equestria Girls, but they did include MLP season 4.

So, I was like...what the hell? My theory would be that Equestria Girls will premiere after MLP season 4 or it might be possible that the show will be on a different network (which I think is impossible).

I'll see if I can find that schedule later.

Also, poster above me, get a tissue box if you plan to watch Snowdrop. You will cry.
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:52 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
I keep hearing that the whole Equestria Girls thing is all a joke and it's never going to happen.
Yep, and we'll probably expecting this:
Spoiler:

Anyways, the Japanese MLP opening and ending are now on air. Plus the episode(hopefully there would be Russian translation on TV some time sooner, 'cause I've discovered a lot of fans and bronies here in my own country. I mean there's a lot of 'em roaming around youtube but the official)also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Also, poster above me, get a tissue box if you plan to watch Snowdrop. You will cry.
And it did made my frozen heart melt a little.

And check this out. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/0...axed-luna.html

I was like...
Spoiler:

when I read that.

Last edited by ♣Gawain♣; April 2nd, 2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:42 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

So is Snowdrop worth the trouble?(of watching it?) I just watched Double Rainboom... It was great in terms of animation etc. The only thing that was bit laking was the story. I didnt like the latter part of the episode for some reason...

Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:24 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegStein View Post
So is Snowdrop worth the trouble?(of watching it?) I just watched Double Rainboom... It was great in terms of animation etc. The only thing that was bit laking was the story. I didnt like the latter part of the episode for some reason...
Yep, we promise you that. It's very touching to the bone

Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:33 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♣Gawain♣ View Post
Yep, we promise you that. It's very touching to the bone
Okay... I guess Ill give it a chance. Although Im rarely touched by anything.
EDIT: Okay I just watched Snowdrop. It was a good episode. And with a beautiful message. I like how there was a bit more luna than in the official episodes. But did the episode touch me? Yes and no. I like the story but somehow I was not deeply moved by it. But I do understand why many end up tearing for it.

Last edited by KriegStein; April 2nd, 2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: update
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
DashieFactory
Vivacious Deviant

Nature: Sassy
I'd love to join! I actually have MLP playing on Netflix as we speak. My nickname, well I like to be called either Dash or Dashie, and obviously my favorite pony of the Mane Six is Rainbow Dash.

On a discussion-related note, I'm considering watching Snowdrop. I cried during My Little Dashie and I have a soft spot in my heart for fictional characters so I'll most likely cry...
Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
A few of my Skype contacts told me that the Brony community is liking the show for the wrong reasons, and they're saying it's because of the memes like standing Lyra and Trollestia. Is this really true? Have we been liking the show for all the wrong reasons? They also don't like how it's isolating the target demographics (little girls).
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Quote:
A few of my Skype contacts told me that the Brony community is liking the show for the wrong reasons, and they're saying it's because of the memes like standing Lyra and Trollestia. Is this really true? Have we been liking the show for all the wrong reasons? They also don't like how it's isolating the target demographics (little girls).
I only got into it due to the art style and the story. Not all bronies are unique to just memes and such, however some do like the memes and just enjoy it. So there are some who like it due to just... memes and such, others have their own reasons. Can't just judge a overall community fanbase like that, without personally questioning yourself.

Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashieFactory View Post
I'd love to join! I actually have MLP playing on Netflix as we speak. My nickname, well I like to be called either Dash or Dashie, and obviously my favorite pony of the Mane Six is Rainbow Dash.

On a discussion-related note, I'm considering watching Snowdrop. I cried during My Little Dashie and I have a soft spot in my heart for fictional characters so I'll most likely cry...
Welcome, Dashie! I was expecting your arrival <3

You really shoud watch Snowdrop. It's by far my favorite fanmade episode. I mean, it did made me cry at least, some people do have some "liquid pride" in them. xD

Quote:
I honestly don't see that as a problem. It's basically their opinion about how people reacted to the show as a whole. Like Yoshi mentioned, I also like the show because of the art style, and how the show is produced.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:59 AM
DashieFactory
Vivacious Deviant

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
I don't think we're liking the show for the wrong reasons. I do know there is a very small fraction of the community that call themselves Bronies and then just spread around obnoxious memes which doesn't exactly help us get liked or accepted. I will admit when my friend Claire told me we were going to watch MLP (this was my first time even hearing about the show, about a year ago) I laughed and said "Are you kidding me?" But then I sat down and watched it and now it's one of my favorite shows.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm part of the fandom for the show, music, animations, fanmade stories and art and, well, pretty much everything I can get my hands onto.

Quote:
Welcome, Dashie! I was expecting your arrival <3

You really shoud watch Snowdrop. It's by far my favorite fanmade episode. I mean, it did made me cry at least, some people do have some "liquid pride" in them. xD
Thank you! o//o You make me feel so at home here.

I know, you guys and my Skype friend has been telling me to watch Snowdrop, which I plan to do after school today.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Different pipz have different points of views, even if they like the same thing. :3

I like MLP, not because of those reasons.
Well, a few of them, but not entirely. :3
And besides, I believe human-obsessed Lyra and Trollestia were created just for the fun of it for other pipz to have a good laugh at. :3
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:31 PM
electro12
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Username: Electro
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Fluttershy
Additional Information: I choose Fluttershy because my personality is like hers....shy and timid. I speak softly like her. I am not exactly sure what got me into MLP, but I would say it was curiosity after a fallout with my former friends. The more I watched, the more I realized about friendship and friendship is a magical thing for my life. It has taught me about friendships and I need to make new friends.
Miss Doronjo is my mentor.

Totodile. Attacks: Scratch, Leer, Water Gun
Butterfree:

Butterfree. Attackstring Shot, Confusion, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, and Gust.

Rattata. Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, and Bite.

Pidgey. Attacks: Gust, Quick Attack, Whirlwind, and Twister.
Old April 4th, 2013, 01:13 PM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro12 View Post
Additional Information: I choose Fluttershy because my personality is like hers....shy and timid. I speak softly like her. I am not exactly sure what got me into MLP, but I would say it was curiosity after a fallout with my former friends. The more I watched, the more I realized about friendship and friendship is a magical thing for my life. It has taught me about friendships and I need to make new friends.
Hello there and welcome to the club, electro! :D

Old April 4th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro12 View Post
Welcome, Electro12! Glad to see a fellow Fluttershy fan here! Curiosity also got me into MLP too, as well as friends.

I do speak softly like Fluttershy as well, I have a soft voice irl, and that's only when I'm shy. When I'm all warmed up, I'm loud.

Anyways, how's everypony treating the off-season? Anyone doing pony-related things like watching the three seasons all over again or doing any creativity things like writing?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here