The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old March 31st, 2013 (06:53 AM).
Nick the Trainer

I've been having trouble recently finding a way to patch roms on a new Mac. On my old computer, I had no problem but the new Macs that run Lion can't run Power PC apps and almost all of the patchers out there are PPC. The only thing that I've been able to download that is an IPS patcher is MultiPatch, but for some reason that doesn't seem to work at all. Any help would be appreciated.
Old March 31st, 2013 (05:22 PM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
If it's .ips patching you're looking into, when I used a Mac I just used Wine to use Lunar IPS and thus was all was well. If you're using a different kind of patch though, I'm not entirely sure.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old March 31st, 2013 (06:09 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
On Mac (especially if Intel-only) the best one I've found is MultiPatch. But really, just run your Windows IPS patcher of choice through Wine. For me, I prefer WinIPS
Old April 1st, 2013 (12:14 PM).
Nick the Trainer

Figured it out. Used wine and winIPS. Never had ventured into that kind of programming stuff before, but very satisfying when i figured it out. Thanks guys!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links