The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 20th, 2013, 01:53 AM
MarinoKadame

It could look a bit like Digimon masters online if they follow you:
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...s_online_7.jpg
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4...0610234908.jpg

Also this game have some Digimons that can be mounted.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...oruGreymon.png
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:13 AM
PKMN Trainer S
Unhatched Egg

You guys know B/W 2 had the code inside and the sprites but they were left unused. Right?
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:41 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer S View Post
You guys know B/W 2 had the code inside and the sprites but they were left unused. Right?
I was not aware of that! Although the fact that it was unused makes me think that in both sets of games, the feature could return via special download, or 3DS app, or something along those lines. I mean if they did it for B2/W2 and from what we've seen of X/Y there's been no following, chances are the pre-installed code could reoccur and actually have purpose later on!

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
If that's the case, I do hope it makes some sort of return sooner or later, but I'm not really getting my hopes up. :(
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:46 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
With the move to 3D models I would absolutely love for it to return. Having fully rendered Pokémon following beside or behind you would be awesome to see. It'd be an awesome step forward, since I hated that they removed it after HGSS.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:15 AM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

I honestly hope they bring it back. Since they are creating complete and new models for the 3D battles, it wouldn't be a bad idea for a follow-me feature. But I would imagine there's already going to be OW Pokemon.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:31 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
I always liked that feature and I certainly hope it makes an appearance. Even if not in X and Y, at least somewhere along the line, It'd be a nice show-up if they do happen to remake the Hoenn games. Also,

Quote:
With the move to 3D models I would absolutely love for it to return.
Completely agree!

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:24 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I personally think the follow me feature is one of the most overrated things in the history of the Pokémon franchise... But! If done right, I'm fine with it.

By done right, I mean YOU choose the Pokémon that follows you, and it can be ANYONE of the six you're currently carrying, not the first. Because, if you're having a mon follow you, it's because it's your favorite one. So, even if fainted, the mon I choose should be the one that follows me, and not necessarily the first one in the party.

I mean, in Yellow, Pikachu followed you regardless of position in the party, I'm sure they could do something similar in future games, too. You assign a Pokémon the role of "follower", and it follows you whenever it's in the party, and even if fainted.

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
I mean, in Yellow, Pikachu followed you regardless of position in the party, I'm sure they could do something similar in future games, too. You assign a Pokémon the role of "follower", and it follows you whenever it's in the party, and even if fainted.
That's because they ONLY programmed Pikachu to follow (doesn't like being in its Pokéball), but I do get your point. However, if fainted, it should stay in its Pokéball. That is my only disagreement. Remember, Pikachu when fainted didn't follow either. And Zorua or Zoroark following, would it take on a disguise or be itself?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'd chuckle at a Zorua/Zoroark transforming into the people it sees as you walk along, or even occasionally into yourself. :D

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.

Last edited by CycloneGU; March 22nd, 2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Add.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
Probably needs to be stated, but having had three main series games showing up without it kinda shows that we're probably never having the feature ever again (outside of remakes).
Go away jake you're not my real dad!

Spoiler:
though you're right
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
That's because they ONLY programmed Pikachu to follow (doesn't like being in its Pokéball), but I do get your point. However, if fainted, it should stay in its Pokéball. That is my only disagreement. Remember, Pikachu when fainted didn't follow either. And Zorua or Zoroark following, would it take on a disguise or be itself?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'd chuckle at a Zorua/Zoroark transforming into the people it sees as you walk along, or even occasionally into yourself. :D

Cyclone
Actually I think you nailed it. Zorua and Zoroark are the reason why we won't see this feature in future Pokémon games.

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:07 PM
RoaringFlameCat
Unhatched Egg

Again with the wonderful things introduces in HG/SS and taken away later generations. GAH! This was such a cute concept and the fact that the pokemon cold pick up various items in various locations really added a new twist on getting items. BRING IT BACK! :D
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:31 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringFlameCat View Post
Again with the wonderful things introduces in HG/SS and taken away later generations. GAH! This was such a cute concept and the fact that the pokemon cold pick up various items in various locations really added a new twist on getting items. BRING IT BACK! :D
The only problem is those items were fashion accessories. Kinda boring since I never used those.

Cyclone

- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Old March 28th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Pinta77
Scatterbug Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Stantler! or maybe mewtwo
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:07 PM
LoveSnoopy
Jason

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to LoveSnoopy
I would like for my Blastoise and Dragonite to follow me if they feature was re-implemented into the games. I would mainly like my Blastoise to follow me, though.
Old March 29th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
The only problem is those items were fashion accessories. Kinda boring since I never used those.

Cyclone
Hmm maybe if they returned it'd be more like pickup and only just helpful items? I mean maybe the point of pickup might not even be... necessary!
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:30 PM
ShadowMirror
Ready for the Battle

Nature: Quirky
as much as i really want them to bring this feature back i dont thing they will, but maybe we will be able to see our pokemon use hms. Imagine any pokemon you teach surf or fly, you actually see them insted of just a shadow. also using cut or rock smash they would come out of their pokeballs and destroy the tree/rock actually in 3d.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:20 PM
DragonTamerME
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
I want my Shiny Kyurem follow me...

That would be great!
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:50 AM
Stormborn
Indecisive

Nature: Relaxed
Wailord.

Something about a supposed blue whale being tiny always amused me.
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:16 AM
Midnight-Umbreon

Nature: Timid
I WOULD LOVE THE FOLLOW ME FEATURE BACK!!! But doesnt look like its happening, be great though. My shiny umbreon woulf follow me around IN 3D

Music Is The Escape
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:10 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Wailord is the biggest Pokémon, but it was still allowed to follow you indoors. They didn't grant this to a few legendaries.

Old April 1st, 2013, 05:39 AM
PokemonTrainerC.White
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Calm
Do they follow the trainers? When it's in gameplay? RThat's what I want to find out. I want them to follow me.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
bookishangel

Nature: Gentle
I want my entire team to follow me!
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerC.White View Post
Do they follow the trainers? When it's in gameplay? RThat's what I want to find out. I want them to follow me.
Are you asking IF they follow you in 4th gen.? See for yourself. It's only in HG/SS, not in D/P/P.

But yes, a lot of people want this in the 6th gen. now, too.

Cyclone

Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
TheMaskedMeowth
No more pretty trains, Cilan!

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer S View Post
Yeah, it used the HGSS engine rather than the Platinum engine that BW1 used.

Another topic is... I'M TIRED OF SURFING ON MY FREAKIN' NON-EXISTENT WAILMER!! Plus, in Gen. V, it looks like your flying on a Pidove or some other non-specific bird. Seriously, if they're going to re-add walking Pokemon (or even if they aren't) they should make it so you're flying on the Pokemon your actually flying or surfing on. Wouldn't it be epic to blast off on Golurk or race away on an Yveltal or float on a Snorlax's belly? But it would also be cool if you could ride the Pokemon and get a speed boost depending on which one you're riding. For example, riding on a Arcanine's back would have to give you some sort of boost.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links