The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:11 AM
IvanSky07
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Title says it all. What are your PokeMoments that stills and touches your heart everytime you reminisce them?
Here's mine.

I'm playing Heart gold and I was on the Ho-oh tower.. then I interacted with Ho-oh. Ho-oh made all my pokemon.. Despite my Pikachu that I obtained via AR code (Starter Modifier).. Ho-oh's HP was still almost half.. when I threw my last Pokeball in it.. Then DANG! It was caught.

It's so memorable for me.. Because knowing that Legendary pokemon like Ho-oh are only caught using high-powered balls. But then, I took him using only a Plain Pokeball.

How about you? Please share your moments with us. :D
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Chasing down the legendary dogs. I only was able to capture Suicune. I did weaken Raikou enough but never got to capture him. Entei I barely came across. Traveling on the S.S. Anne and S.S. Aqua were memorable times too. Beating all the trainers there is how I was able to level up alot of my Pokémon (along with the help of EXP Share).

Oh, the nostalgia. Take me back. Even in this point of my life, I want to relive it all and regain all I lost when my Crystal version died and erased everything.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:26 PM
IvanSky07
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
Chasing down the legendary dogs. I only was able to capture Suicune. I did weaken Raikou enough but never got to capture him. Entei I barely came across. Traveling on the S.S. Anne and S.S. Aqua were memorable times too. Beating all the trainers there is how I was able to level up alot of my Pokémon (along with the help of EXP Share).

Oh, the nostalgia. Take me back. Even in this point of my life, I want to relive it all and regain all I lost when my Crystal version died and erased everything.
Oh, you've been playing Crystal, too?
This is another from me.

In my Crystal game.. I remember the time when I had to complete the Johto Dex.. It was hard but it's also worth it. All my hard work bore a very sweet fruit.
Encountering Rival Silver was also very fun.. Because I enjoyed beating him HAHAHA :D
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Gonna put a memory that's not game-related so I can justify this staying here :P

One of my precious but kind of cruel memories is getting rare Pokemon from younger kids in the neighborhood. "Your favorite color is blue, right? Look, I'll give you TWENTY BLUE ENERGIES for that shiny Charizard!!!!"
PM
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Posting non-game things since...that'd technically belong elsewhere. :P

- Getting my first four cards from my cousin. Eevee, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu. I still have the former two. :) <3

- My dad buying me Blue Version before he went away for a while.

- My dad buying me a Togekiss plushie.

- My boyfriend giving me a Victini plushie, and later an Umbreon plushie.

- The fact that I forced myself into Pokemon because it's all my friends were talking about lol. And now I'm a walking Pokedex. :P Not bad for someone that forced themselves to like something, right?

- Buying this big Charizard plushie from Walmart with my birthday money!! They used to hang those big ones from the ceiling and I had been eyeing it for a while. :3c
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
When I got my old Pikachu plushie back when I was in my early days of fandom.

I no longer own him, but he still holds a place in my heart.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old February 27th, 2013, 11:19 PM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
It's really difficult to find my most precious moment, but if I had to pick then it had to be that moment during the Summer holiday of 1999 when my four-year old self was sitting on the ground, staring at the TV -- still with a big bulky tube -- and I watched the first ever episode airing in my country. I was enchanted by the show. God, that 13 and a half years from now, I am still into pokémon, and I am a member of a pokémon-centred forum I would have never have guessed. It pretty much altered the course of my childhood -- or my whole life -- from there.

One of my other most cherished moments I had with the pokémon fandom is probably my seventh birthday when I got my own pokémon silver game. Man, the hours and hours I played on that thing. Then finally getting into the most intense battle I've ever had on Mt. Silver against Red. Man, that was taleworthy.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I will always look back with a smile on my face and a pain in my heart on my time at the old Pokemon Trading Card Game League they held at my local Toys R Us. I made so many good friends during that time, and we all just sat around playing and talking about Pokemon. Those were the best two hours I spent every Saturday morning when it ran.

That was over ten years ago, and I still run into someone that I met there, and we're still friends.

It always hurts a bit that TRU stopped running that league without warning, and I never got a chance to say good-bye to everyone I met there.

I'll never regret my time spent at that league.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I think that was when I pulled a Full art N card from my first pack of Nobel victories.

I was actually looking for Dark explorers pack because I wanted to see if I could pull that Darkrai FA ex.
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:53 PM
IvanSky07
Unhatched Egg

Here's another mine..

I remember the times when I have to trade my Giratina for a Pikachu.. But I loved that Giratina so much, so i Couldn't do it. But there a kind old man, also collecting TCG cards had 2 Pikachu's, and when I offered him my Girtatina, He refused to takek it but instead gave 1 of his pikachu's.

I'll be seeing that old man again someday. :D
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:35 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I used to own a pair of Pikachu slippers and they were really comfortable. They disappeared and for years afterwards I was still convinced that I had them somewhere but they were hidden even though we moved like three times and I packed the entire contents of my bedroom each time hoping to find them.

Also at the beginning of gen 5 I accidentally only selected 2 Pokemon - Scizor and Heracross - before a battle and I ended up winning with no casualties. And I was down to only my Murkrow in a battle while the opponent still had a Slowking and Dusclops and I won that too even though my Murkrow set is really weird.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:00 AM
Ghosteon
Unhatched Egg

I remember when I was a little kid and I just finished Pokemon Silver. When I beat the Elite 4 the credits rolled and everything. I was little, and I would get uh, really sad whenever I finished a game. I refused to believe that the game was over. I did the same thing in Pokemon Red, but I don't remember anything special happening afterwards. Then all of a sudden I was on the S.S. Anne and arrived in Vermilion City with new gym badges to collect and everything. The game wasn't over, and I was probably the happiest little kid in the world, even replaying that part in Soul Silver gives me chills.

Having Pokemon follow you around was pretty great too in Soul Silver. It reminded me of Yellow Version, and casually walking around with Lugia was pretty awesome haha.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:40 AM
IvanSky07
Unhatched Egg

I remember this sweet moment in White 2..

It was on Aspertia City and I just defeated Cheren. Then when I went out, and Bianca rushed into my side. Then Cheren went out of the Gym, and he talked to Bianca. I found that sweet, knowing that they had weird chemistry in white.
:D
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:33 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Going to the Pokemon Center in NYC back when it was still The Pokemon Center. I honestly feel bad for everyone who goes to the Nintendo Center, now. So not the same.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

For me it'd definitely be spending my childhood alongside my brother playing the games constantly as soon as they came out. Whenever a new game was released we'd spend the next 3 or 4 days just playing them non-stop, racing to see who could complete them first and with the coolest team. That died down a bit as we got older but there's still a general sense of competition as we're playing them and it makes the games so much more fun. Most memorable was Hoenn as we were both mystified by the new Pokémon and region, it was just incredible seeing everything so new and racing to explore the lands and catch the most exciting Pokémon possible. We'd work out puzzles together like the legendary golems and get excited by aspects like Shedinja's evolving or the old mysterious boat on the surfing route to Slateport, it was just such a fun time haha. Man I miss it D:
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:45 AM
IvanSky07
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
For me it'd definitely be spending my childhood alongside my brother playing the games constantly as soon as they came out. Whenever a new game was released we'd spend the next 3 or 4 days just playing them non-stop, racing to see who could complete them first and with the coolest team. That died down a bit as we got older but there's still a general sense of competition as we're playing them and it makes the games so much more fun. Most memorable was Hoenn as we were both mystified by the new Pokémon and region, it was just incredible seeing everything so new and racing to explore the lands and catch the most exciting Pokémon possible. We'd work out puzzles together like the legendary golems and get excited by aspects like Shedinja's evolving or the old mysterious boat on the surfing route to Slateport, it was just such a fun time haha. Man I miss it D:
Oh, sweet. :D
Here's other one from me..

When I was 9 years old, I had a girlfriend. The first thing I gave her is a Charmander Plushie. When we broke up, she returned to me the Charmander Plusie I gave her, with a burn heal plushie tied on the tip of it's tail.
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:08 PM
PKMNMasterSonic
King Sonic

My most Precious Moment was when I finally caught Latias on Emerald while watching Pokemon Heroes. I really felt like Ash then when she agreed to come with me. Next day we worked hard to win her the Master Ranked Cute Contest. Nothing beats the combo of Water Sport and Refresh.
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
mistermewtwo
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hasty
My most memorable moment is when I first saw ash die in pokemon the movie. If your a true pokemon fan and you say you didn't cry when you first saw that, YOU ARE LYING!!! Does anyone else agree with me?
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Gameb0y
Pokemon Trainer Since '98

Nature: Relaxed
After beating the elite 4 and getting all 16 badges in Pokemon Gold, I went to the deepest part of Mt.Silver. Upon reaching the deepest part I saw a trainer, his sprite looked quite familiar, when I clicked on him I saw that the trainer I was about to engage in battle with was none other than the same trainer that I WAS back in the previous version. It was kind of an epic moment, me against the trainer I was playing as before. It doesn't sound that great when you think about it now but just understand that all this happened after the recent release of Gold and Silver
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

When I first meet Pichu in episode 181 (The Apple Corp)

And when Plusle and Minun appeared in episode 314 (A Different Kind Of Misty)

I know it sounds silly, but I am a fan of cute.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:00 AM
Midnight-Umbreon

Nature: Timid
When I was younger (probably about 5) I had a Gameboy Advance and Pokemon Yellow. I got at least to Lavender Town, maybe further I don't remember much. Then in a clear out it was acidently put with the things to go to the charity shop (along with my sisters gameboy and Mario game (she wasnt that bothered)) My younger cousin also likes pokemon, he had already giving me a Pikachu teddy and some pokemon cards. He was having problems on his pokemon black game, (I got mine on release and managed to beat the game in just over 6 months) and as I had beaten the game I could tranfer over pokemon. My cousin had a ton of strong legendary (most probably hacked with Action Replay) so I let him use my game to tranfer them over and trade to his game. As he hadnt caught enough pokemon I ended up with his Victini and he let me keep his shiny Lugia and Latias. I told him I had pokemon yellow but it got given away and as a thanks for transfering over his pokemon he gave me his copy. I still didnt have a gameboy so the cartridge sat in my game box hiding within a mass of wire from old chargers and spare conection cables for the wii. Then about a month ago in a desperate hunt for my DS lite charger to trade over some pokemon to my game I found the cartridge. I literally carried it around with me everywhere, hunted ebay for a good value gameboy, my mum noticed and a couple of weeks ago welcomed me home with a gameboy adbance SP she brought from cash converters. And I sat down with my pikachu teddy and played the game, I was actually tearing up at the title screen as childhood memories flooded back. No matter how silly it sounds I wont forget that moment, I loved pokemon as a child (mainly becuase of pikachu) Then I became a pokemkn obssed teenager, (the next pokemon game I played after yellow was Mystery dungeons explorers of time then heartgold) and it was sort of linking those pieces of my life. I'm dreading the moment the save battery dies.

Music Is The Escape
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Robotechnic
League Champion

My favorite moment was when my Charmeleon evolved for the first time and this was the first time I had ever played Pokemon.
I still remember that moment.
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:21 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
Oh man Christmas when pokemon red came out I remember not knowing what it was but getting hooked on playing it all day on my GB also remembered the game was intended for my sister but I just played with it all the time lol also the first pokemon I ever seen was an Eevee on a jpn pokemon card I remember not knowing its name till I got one in red
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
The only reason I had a snover in my elite team in Platinum is because of its ability, hail. I didn't intend to use her as a real fighter. But then my team got knocked out and she was last, with the fire elite 4 member's Pokemon only having a tiny speck of hp. Fortunately, right before I sent out Snover, hail knocked out the guy.

Pairs - -
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:40 PM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
Mine should be in Pokemon Sapphire,when me and my brother beat Wallace with our Swampert at the last gym,his Milotic kept Recovering itself!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here