The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (05:23 PM).
Forever
let it go

It's just the same as having two games and a third game honestly. Unova has had normal treatment, and if Unova were to be the new Kanto, it'd likely be in these games.
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (05:45 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
It's just the same as having two games and a third game honestly. Unova has had normal treatment, and if Unova were to be the new Kanto, it'd likely be in these games.
No, not at all. Unova got an entirely new storyline. It wasn't the same game with a few minor changes. Unova has received a totally different treatment, and I don't want to see it come back again. If we're travelling anywhere previous again I don't want Unova for the third time with a new storyline treatment.
Old Posted March 21st, 2013 (06:15 PM).
Antemortem
we're fantastic

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Aye, BW2 was not just a mere second coat of paint, it was an all new storyline with new characters, locations, etc. and everything. There was much more than the elements of a simple remaster or touch up! As for including or going back to another region, I'll jump on the Hoenn bandwagon, as seeing Hoenn again somewhere is long overdue. Of course, this would probably rule out a full RSE remake, so maybe it'd be best to stick to one region this go 'round... :s
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team
Old Posted March 31st, 2013 (08:12 PM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I don't see why not. Maybe we could visit an old region, or we may get two (or more) all-new regions. Europe is very diverse, and if the region we saw in the trailer was based on Paris, there's a good chance we could maybe even travel to other European-based regions. The 3DS cartridge certainly has the space for two regions, and if X and Y are all about "revolutionizing the Pokémon franchise," having the ability to travel to multiple regions would certainly help that.
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (06:21 AM).
glaceonnn
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I don't think they'll do anything related to any region really.. maybe a boat to an outter island near unova or something but nothing big enough for it to be called a region
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (11:49 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
So I was hoovering my house today, thinking about X and Y and also about if GF should make a R/S/G remake... then something struck me.

How about we include the Hoenn region in X and Y, just like GF did with Kanto and Johto? I haven't thought deep about this idea, but just wanted to put it out there. Yes, I would love a remake of one of the third-generation games but it would be interesting if one of the older regions were connected somehow with the plot in the region in X and Y. Just a thought.
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (01:11 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
The Hoenn region (and RSE in general) is my favorite generation, but the last thing I'd want to see in X and Y is the Hoenn region being included as a post-game location. I just feel like including another region takes away focus on the new region and it takes up space that could otherwise be used to build X and Y into an even better game that it may turn out to be.

On top of that, I think RSE deserves its own title remakes. It shouldn't have to be pinned on haphazardly into another game like Kanto in GSC or HG/SS.

Oh, and there's actually another thread to discuss this topic, so I'm just going to merge this there for you.
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (01:28 PM).
R.F.
Badass Overlord

I don't think, there will be more than one region. Including more regions would result in cutting the story in one region, at least that's what I'm thinking would be necessary. It's the same they didn't do in gen 2, I mean there wasn't much going on in Kanto, even in the remakes, so doing the same in X and Y would lead to another boring region. As for Hoenn there would be many empty dungeons and stuff since it's a little bit bigger than Kanto, too.

Also for the new region I hope, it's a little more open world than gen 5, but keeping the immense amount of story events and yeah, no more empty regions, even in post game.
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (03:14 PM).
Stormborn
Indecisive

No, I doubt they will.

GSC worked because it tied in with RBY, it looks like Pokemon XY have no ties to any other game.
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (06:20 PM).
SolarPhantom
O.o

Nature: Quiet
i wish their would be, and between all regions. just for one game atleast

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (07:18 PM).
KJPokemon

I don't think there will be generation to generation travel in this game or in any other game again. I think there will be characters from other gens featured like Cynthia and Crasher Wake in gen 5 or like the steel gym leader from gen 2 was in gen 4. Gen 2 was awesome with region to region travel and the ultimate game with every region would be cool but that's exactly why they won't give it to us.
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (09:50 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormborn View Post
No, I doubt they will.

GSC worked because it tied in with RBY, it looks like Pokemon XY have no ties to any other game.
But we don't know if X/Y does or doesn't, yet. X/Y is the first new region after Unova, so it technically ties into GSC/RBY a little imo.
Old Posted April 1st, 2013 (10:39 PM).
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I think RSE should have its own remake and, like Aerilyn stated, not just thrown in haphazardly just for the sake of it being there. It's uncreative. Besides, BW and B2W2 worked with just one region because it was so well developed and the story was indulging. If they can reproduce that in Gen VI, they won't need to add an extra region in.

Other than in RBY/GSC, where their storylines were related and shared the same bad guys and Elite Four location, having extra tag-on regions is pointless, arbitrary and dull. I also doubt that the bad guys in Gen VI will be a revamped Team Magma/Aqua, too, so again... It would just be random and to dully extend playtime for the sake of it.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old Posted April 2nd, 2013 (12:09 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Unova also worked because it kept half of it's territory for post game. Maybe they'll do that again to give the sense of a new land, while it still being the same region rather than adding in an old one. However I wouldn't mind if we had two new regions (one France, the post game is Britain) :3
Old Posted April 3rd, 2013 (10:49 PM).
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Possibly no, but I really want the new region to be connected with Unova just like Kanto and Johto. The new region should also be close to Unova
Old Posted April 4th, 2013 (06:55 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Possibly no, but I really want the new region to be connected with Unova just like Kanto and Johto. The new region should also be close to Unova
France and the United States are separated by the Atlantic Ocean.

That sums up that likelihood. Unless air flight is introduced between regions.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old Posted April 4th, 2013 (08:40 AM).
jellotime91

Highly doubt it. I really don't think they'll recreate any of the regions for this game.
Old Posted April 4th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
Community Supporter

If they were to have air travel maybe Skyla appears post game and sees the player has potential and invites her/him to go with her to Unova to challenge the Unova league...at the same time the Original Dragon can be unveiled as to not place it in a foreign region if they desire to actually show it.
Old Posted April 5th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
Forever
let it go

That would be disappointing if you'd only face the League there and not explore the rest of the region. I'd like to think that if we could return to Unova we'd see a lot of it in the games. :(
Old Posted April 5th, 2013 (04:56 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
That would be disappointing if you'd only face the League there and not explore the rest of the region. I'd like to think that if we could return to Unova we'd see a lot of it in the games.
I agree. If anything, we'd get to explore all of Unova without limitation (except maybe a bridge closed until you explore one section first and do something, kind of like Kanto).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old Posted April 5th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
The_Consumer

Nothing too daring, but I do think that previous characters will make cameo appearances as mentioned...I want to see a game with all regions included but I certainly doubt that will happen any time soon =P
Old Posted April 5th, 2013 (01:37 PM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

How about as DLC? Since, unlike on the DS, there's actual integral memory in the 3DS therefore maybe you could buy an extra region to be implanted in the game and that region has it's own mini-plot into it? I don't own a 3DS so I'm not sure if this is possible completely and I would love to see RSE have remakes but it's just an idea.
Old Posted April 5th, 2013 (02:33 PM).
LoveSnoopy
Jason

Send a message via Skype™ to LoveSnoopy
Honestly, I would LOVE if R/S/E were re-made in their own regions, but it'll also be cool to make Hoenn a place you can explore after getting all of the new regions' badges and beating the E4. It would also be cool, IMO, if they included the Sevii Islands in 3D form.
Old Posted April 5th, 2013 (02:45 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke View Post
How about as DLC? Since, unlike on the DS, there's actual integral memory in the 3DS therefore maybe you could buy an extra region to be implanted in the game and that region has it's own mini-plot into it? I don't own a 3DS so I'm not sure if this is possible completely and I would love to see RSE have remakes but it's just an idea.
I suggested the same. However, I think it's more likely they'll do a Hoenn remake first. If they do, DLC to add Sinnoh and other regions would be cool, but with them all being regular DS games, not likely.

It would certainly allow all Pokémon to be available in one game without others, however! Maybe the "catch 'em all" tagline could return!

Cyclone

Old Posted April 5th, 2013 (03:05 PM).
Community Supporter

By league I meant the gyms too, thus we're made to explore the region so that we can challenge the E4 and champion xD.

Xander raised an interesting point in the Mewtwo thread, that with all the mentioning of Kanto in the anime, and now Mewtwo's suppose new forme, joking about Kanto remakes. I thought back to the idea that Kanto may appear in these games...it has appeared in every generation except for that of it's clone (gen V). Could Kanto perhaps reappear in these games after all?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links