The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room

Notices

The Team Room Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Advertise here

Old March 10th, 2013, 04:55 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
HEY TEAM

We made some really great progress in the early goings of this week 7 even manage to get the thread up on the community. Not much got done near the end of the week so let's pick things back up starting tomorrow;

Shubunkus- This upcoming weekend you're heavily required to script pass the beginning script of the hack. We must move on now.

Jillsandwich93- You'll be inserting the music into the main Rom. Let me know which days you'll be available Mon-Fri.

Atif- You told me about your exams which is the most understandable reason of you not being able to map. However, you're holding the main Rom so please let me know if you'll have it done by early tomorrow(Monday). If not, I'll make a copy I have the main Rom now so others can work on it and I'll send it to you when you're done with exams. So if you won't be done with the map by tomorrow, Do Not map on the Rom you have until I send you another one.

Zekrom The Hedgehog- Good job on the Hologram sprites. Although most weren't the trainers I wanted, you explained why you couldn't do them and I appreciate it.

Aryan143- In addition to you re-spriting Yveltal to make it look a bit better, I'll be sending requests to your shop of a few more Pokemon sprites we'll be needing for the hack.

Leafgreen2itsmyidea- Nothing to test yet. If you're bored, you can explore other team availabilities until we're ready for you to beta test.

Pinkish Purple- We'll try to squeeze you in this week to add the titlescreen/text boxes. If not, you'll certainly have it next week.

Kinataki- In addition to you spriting Xerneas, I'll be sending requests to your shop of a few more Pokemon sprites we'll be needing for the hack.

Jbsundown- Good job on Benga & Nathan's OWs. This week, I'll be sending you a copy of the Rom which holds all of the pallete tables. You'll be required to make OWs for a few Pokemon this time.

If the schedule I mentioned above for anyone doesn't quite suit you well and gets in the way of your personal schedule, please let me know and I'll gladly change things around. Thanks Everyone! ^.^
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Zerkrom The Hedgehog
A Stocking Fanboy

Nature: Mild
[QUOTE=

Zekrom The Hedgehog- Good job on the Hologram sprites. Although most weren't the trainers I wanted, you explained why you couldn't do them and I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Just because I sent you the 12 and some sprites to you doesnt mean im done with spriting. I have a few Trainer Sprites we can try out and even some more Holos
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Shubunkus
I.R.

Nature: Bold
Hey everybody! I just want to apologize for my recent absence and the delay on the scripts. I have had a lot of things happen lately and haven't had much time to script. This is my first full-fledged ROM hacking team and I am very grateful to be on it but at the same time, it is quite overwhelming. I am starting to be encountered by more and more bugs within my scripts and I am trying very hard to fix everything. I just felt that this was a much-needed apology as I feel that I am holding back the team. Everyone seems to be very dedicated and I hope that I seem somewhat dedicated, also. Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll try to start to put my best efforts into this hack.
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:58 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubunkus View Post
Hey everybody! I just want to apologize for my recent absence and the delay on the scripts. I have had a lot of things happen lately and haven't had much time to script. This is my first full-fledged ROM hacking team and I am very grateful to be on it but at the same time, it is quite overwhelming. I am starting to be encountered by more and more bugs within my scripts and I am trying very hard to fix everything. I just felt that this was a much-needed apology as I feel that I am holding back the team. Everyone seems to be very dedicated and I hope that I seem somewhat dedicated, also. Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll try to start to put my best efforts into this hack.
Don't worry about it Shubunkus, take as much time as you need if you're encountering errors and such. We'll all get through it one step at a time and continue progress.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Zerkrom The Hedgehog
A Stocking Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Don't worry about it Shubunkus, take as much time as you need if you're encountering errors and such. We'll all get through it one step at a time and continue progress.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DR. ZERKS HAVE CREATED THE MOST POWERFUL AND NICE LOOKING HOLO TRAINER IN THE HISTORY OF HOLO TRAINERS
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:04 PM
foxz.

Skills(Mostly looking for Scripters, Mappers, Inserters): well, I'm spriter, I insert different types of graphs (back sprites, overworld sprites, back ground, ..) and I have a good level of mapper.
Proof of Work: http://foros.nhdex.com/T-Galeria-De-Sprites-Foxz
Availability: I log in every day for 2-4 hours.
Are you D.C.I.D.T.(Devoted, Consistent, Interested, Determined, a Team player): I guess so.

The only problem would be communication, because I speak Spanish, I do not speak English well and I use goggle translator.
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:27 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxz. View Post
Skills(Mostly looking for Scripters, Mappers, Inserters): well, I'm spriter, I insert different types of graphs (back sprites, overworld sprites, back ground, ..) and I have a good level of mapper.
Proof of Work: http://foros.nhdex.com/T-Galeria-De-Sprites-Foxz
Availability: I log in every day for 2-4 hours.
Are you D.C.I.D.T.(Devoted, Consistent, Interested, Determined, a Team player): I guess so.

The only problem would be communication, because I speak Spanish, I do not speak English well and I use goggle translator.
You've been accepted but now this makes it Official lol. Welcome to the team!
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:41 AM
cheeseguy12
Just A Beast

Nature: Hasty
Hey DRG I Know You Already have a beta tester
But
Skill Beta Tester
Proof:All I really need to do is take pictures and play that ain't so hard

Avalible Pacific Time Zone
Mon-Fri school 3:00-11:00 pm
Sat-Sun Probaly
All day
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseguy12 View Post
Hey DRG I Know You Already have a beta tester
But
Skill Beta Tester
Proof:All I really need to do is take pictures and play that ain't so hard

Avalible Pacific Time Zone
Mon-Fri school 3:00-11:00 pm
Sat-Sun Probaly
All day
Hey Cheese, sorries but we're pretty stacked right now. You can be a substitute beta tester if we need another or if someone isn't able when it's time to beta test. So I'll keep you in mind. ^.^

WEEKLY ASSIGNMENTS

Hey everyone. Instead of writing everyone's name into the weekly assignments, I'll only post those of you who will be doing work this week. If your name isn't mentioned, you're free this week.

Pinkish Purple- You currently have the main Rom & expected to complete the title screen & textboxes if you can.

Shubunkus- I'm glad you're coming back Tuesday & you'll receive the main Rom when Pinkish Purple is Done inserting the title screen.

Kinataki- How's the special sprite request coming along? Also check your shop as I've sent a basic Pokemon request there as well.

Atif/Jbundown- Let me know when you guys are available again.

ALSO

If any of you have an idea of a Special Character to appear in the hack & want to see the specific person in it, please go to the DR2 Thread & read my Urgent Post there, then fill out the form. Thanks!
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:34 PM
cheeseguy12
Just A Beast

DRG Ok I already am in another team I just wanted to help
If you need me VM me
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:45 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Hey Everyone! It's been a slow week but we're slowly getting a lot of stuff installed in the hack. The title screen is now in the main Rom and a lot of Pokemon's information has been completed as well. The following people have assignments this week:

Aryan143: By the end of the week, you'll have the main Rom to insert the Hero/Heroine/Prof.Mercury's sprites in the intro.

JillSandwich93: Will you have either of the music tracks we talked about by Tuesday? I plan to post a big update on that day and showcasing new music would be a great addition to it.

Moety5: Since Atif is busy, you'll be mapping early next week in the main Rom.

ATTENTION SCRIPTERS

The current scripter on the team is very busy and will not be able to script the required events needed to continue on with the hack. I'm asking All EXPERT SCRIPTERS reading this that if you're interested in applying, now's the time to do so and your assistance will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

And that's all for now.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
moety5
Wolf Master

Send a message via Skype™ to moety5
Quote:
Moety5: Since Atif is busy, you'll be mapping early next week in the main Rom.
Okay! Can't wait to start!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 24th, 2013, 02:48 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Anyone have suggestions on which type of design the Pokemon Center or Mart will have? I'd love to see some. Also, if anyone knows how to insert them, that would be great as well. Remember we're still looking for a secondary scripter and a tile inserter so if anyone on the team knows someone who has a lot of free time & can fill these positions, let'em know to join us!

Another thing is the interior tiles for the Poke center and mart. We're going to have to find some really good ones to use. Or, if anyone wants to try and recolor the inside of the poke center or mart into something new and original, go give it a shot and show me a screenshot of how it came out.
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
For the PCs and Marts outerior design, I definitely like this one:

I have a few other options of PCs and Marts but for me, these are the best.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:25 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post

They look very nice & seem to be a good fit with the current tiles we have. If we don't receive anymore suggestions, I'll be looking into someone to insert them.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Jbsundown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post

I think that these are the ones we should go with. They definitely fit the style of the game that is being used currently! Or at least, they do in my opinion

Completed Challenges:
Legendary Trio: Crystal; Moltres, Lugia, Raikou
Username Challenge: FireRed
Old March 25th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Dialga255

Sorry to interupt you DRG but where are gone ours ideas for special charather? Does anyone won or it is selected ?
Old March 25th, 2013, 02:14 PM
moety5
Wolf Master

Send a message via Skype™ to moety5
Hmm, I really don't know... Maybe the one Aryan suggested is best

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:25 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga255 View Post
Sorry to interupt you DRG but where are gone ours ideas for special charather? Does anyone won or it is selected ?
The special character will be announced hopefully in sprite form tomorrow with the big update on the thread.
Old March 25th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Pokémon Master

Nature: Careful
I don't like the colors of the Pokémart and Center,
But, One thing is sure: The creator put time and effort in it and the design looks good.

But, When is my task going to begin?
I can map a little bit, if it interests you
Also :Basic Scripting
And a bit of Spriting ;-)
But, Beta testing is my main thing.

[/sig-reason]
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Hey DRG, if you use those tiles please credit Don Patch. Those tiles are his work.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 26th, 2013, 03:29 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Thanks for letting me know.

HEY EVERYONE

An update of the hack has been posted on the hack's thread in the progression hacks section. Be sure to check it out when you get the chance.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; March 26th, 2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:40 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

TEAM UPDATE

Hey Team! We've got 2 new members; thizzman & Patrick symus. Both are scripters and kinda new to the forums so if they ask for any assistance on learning anything, please be kind and help them out. ^.^
Now on to the Assignments:

thizzman/Patrick Symus: Both of you have been given the job to complete the first city event. However, it's up to you guys to decide who'll actually be doing it. Thizzman is much more experienced in scripting, however Patrick has already started the script since yesterday and is dedicated to learn scripting. So I don't really know which one of you to choose to finish it. So you two should PM each other and decide. Whoever doesn't take the job I have another easier script that needs to be done. It's a Trading Script & should be simple enough to complete.

Foxz- You're required to make brand new trainer sprites for the 2 characters I mentioned to you in a PM.

JbSundown- I'll be PM'ing you soon on an OW sprite request I'll need.

And that's it for the upcoming week's assignments. Hopefully with the addition of new scripters, we can make further gameplay progress.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM
Zerkrom The Hedgehog
A Stocking Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Anyone have suggestions on which type of design the Pokemon Center or Mart will have? I'd love to see some. Also, if anyone knows how to insert them, that would be great as well. Remember we're still looking for a secondary scripter and a tile inserter so if anyone on the team knows someone who has a lot of free time & can fill these positions, let'em know to join us!

Another thing is the interior tiles for the Poke center and mart. We're going to have to find some really good ones to use. Or, if anyone wants to try and recolor the inside of the poke center or mart into something new and original, go give it a shot and show me a screenshot of how it came out.
I had an idea, like put them into one building like one side is for the center and the other side for the PokeMart
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM
jbeeber95
Miracle Painting

Send a message via Skype™ to jbeeber95
You should really get some play testers on your team. The last game had a lot of errors on teams, moves, and things like that. If you didn't play through it fully several times with all three starters, you wouldn't catch it.

Get 3 play testers (one for each starter) that ONLY have the job of playtesting (so they don't focus specifically on maps or scripts or character plot or anything like that), and if possible, ask them to catch certain Pokemon that you, as a game designer, think are either broken or very weak. See if there are starters that make the game WAY harder, and see if there are some that make it easier. Starter selection was a very big weakness in the last game, with Dratini being a level 5 that had Wrap, having to fight against a Gible with rough skin and a 40 BP move along with Sand Attack. There were also things in general that just shouldn't be there that early in the game. Pokemon that could poison before you got antidotes? Nooo... Drought Vulpix when the gym gives you over heat (plus the gym itself being WAY too powerful... Heatmor with Solar beam and Fire Punch under sun? No thank you regardless of the fact that you start out with a dragon) is not a good idea, either. Zen Headbutt having a 100% chance of causing the flinch status was another problem. The level curve from the beginning to the first gym was also ridiculous in all regards. These are all things that could have been fixed completely with 3 play testers.

If you don't have 3 designated play testers that have access to programs like YAPE, some type of move editor, Advance Map, and other programs similar to the mentioned, then the (few) negatives from the last game will stand out. This will also fix any typo problems early instead of them being left untouched and then being left in the end product.

There is a reason why play testers are a legitimate thing in actual gaming companies, and there's a reason why the general public doesn't play test in most cases. MOST players are happy when they get a Vulpix that has drought, gets over heat early, and has a move that can cause 100% flinching... But for the people that like balanced games, that's not good at all, and it will push them away from this hack if it is anything like the first in this regard.

I'm not here to criticize, I'm here to state that I really want to play this version of your game because the last one was so hard to play through with these obvious flaws, and I don't want to have to play through that in this version. I really liked the plot details of your last hack, but the gameplay made it unbearable... Literally.

I'm not asking to be a play tester, either (although I wouldn't mind helping out )... I'm just asking that you get (at least) 3 people that are specifically there for play testing this hack WHILE you're creating it, not afterwards. Encourage them to find any flaws in the game's balancing. These issues are VERY small individually, but without play testers, these small issues add up and make the game play un enjoyable. If you get three play testers that will point out these flaws and make sure the game is balanced over all, It will make this hack TONS better, and it will probably be awarded for the efforts. Trust me. Good hacks have all good traits, from game play to story, and number 1 lacked in the game play department. Make the game play in this one WAY better by having play testers on your team playing with you WHILE you make the hack.

~Take a Melody; Simple as can be; Give it some words and; Sweet Harmony. Raise your voices; All day long now; Love grows strong now; Sing a melody of love; ooh love~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here