Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill

Advertise here
Welcome to the signup thread for the group CYOA story!

What does that stand for? Challenge yellow oversized authors?

CYOA stands for Choose Your Own Adventure. What happens in a following part of the story is up to you, based on a list of choices. You can see how it is going in this thread.

How will it work?

Someone will start the story, and at the end of their contribution will provide a number of choices. The next writer will then choose one of those supplied choices and continue the story based on that choice. At the end they offer another choice, and so on and so forth.

Restrictions?

The limit for how much you can write for each part is a page to three pages (or as a rough guide, 500 - 1500 words). This is so there isn't too much you are expected to write, nor too little for there to be too little story added on.

You also have a time limit of four days to write your part. This is to ensure the story keeps moving at a regular pace! Of course, the sooner you are done the better.

All posting will go in a separate CYOA thread in the main section. (Link coming when it is actually made!)

Where do I sign!?

Well, here in this thread! Post if you are interested in joining in, and we'll go in order. If down the track it turns out you'll be too busy when your turn comes around, then just let us know and we'll shift you down. Within reason of course! You can join in multiple times too, but please let other people have a chance to sign up first too.

In addition, the person to start off can provide the opening scene as well, if they like. Which means they wouldn't have a set of choices to begin with but rather come up with the beginning sequence, but someone's gotta do it! Alternatively I could come up with something if the first writer doesn't want to start the story.

Last edited by bobandbill; April 12th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old March 17th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Hail collaborative fiction! Let us challenge those colossal jaundiced authors together. By which I mean I'm signing up. I'm also willing to create an opening scene, if need be - although if someone else has a burning desire to do it, by all means let them.

F.A.B.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old March 17th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm appalled at you both. Authors with liver problems need our support, not jokes at their expense.

But yes, I would like to join in too.
Whatever a spider can.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:03 AM
icomeanon6
It's "I Come Anon"

Continuing in my proud tradition of grossly overestimating how much free time I have, I would like to throw my hat in the ring!

My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier - 14 chapters, indefinite hiatus. Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure - 8 chapters, completed. Digimon Campaign - 7 chapters, ongoing

One-shots:
There's Always Tomorrow (SWC 2009), A Matter of Stubbornness (SWC 2010), Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place),
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It (2012), By What Right? (SWC 2013 1st place), Back in the Day (SWC 2014 1st place) (New!)

Family (kind of?): Strange person who calls me strange names

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:02 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I'll also throw my name in as I figure a week or so from now I will have more time for this.

I think we might as well get started, so if you are willing to have the ball rolling from your capable hands, Cutlerine, you can start it up!

As for the thread itself - should I make it now(ish) with the first post being a quick description and link to this, and the following posts the story itself? The alternative is I hijack the first post to include the such when it's made. Yay for ninja edit abilities!

Old March 20th, 2013, 03:09 PM
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Nature: Quirky
I'd also like to join, after some consideration.
Please join my RP, Five Trainers on a Search for an Exit
Please also see my interactive story, "The Undertaker"
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
I'll also throw my name in as I figure a week or so from now I will have more time for this.

I think we might as well get started, so if you are willing to have the ball rolling from your capable hands, Cutlerine, you can start it up!

As for the thread itself - should I make it now(ish) with the first post being a quick description and link to this, and the following posts the story itself? The alternative is I hijack the first post to include the such when it's made. Yay for ninja edit abilities!
OK. You make it now, and I'll have an introduction to put into the second post within a couple of days.

And now... onwards to my writing-desk*!

F.A.B.

*Disclaimer: May not actually be a writing desk. Terms and conditions apply. Obtain the bill-payer's permission first. All rights reserved.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:07 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Well, quick of you guys already as it's already icomeanon6's turn! Plenty of opportunity for more people to sign up as well. Cough.

By the by, I am taking suggestions for a better (and more fitting?) story title for the thread as well.

Last edited by bobandbill; March 23rd, 2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
I'd like to sign up for this. I should have enough free time without having to worry about classes next week because of Spring Break.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old March 31st, 2013, 05:37 PM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
Sacrificing free time for what is interesting is a natural part of human nature. Following that baseless logic, I will happily and proudly join, if you'll have me.
Fanfics:
An avid writer, willing to join any worthwhile creative writing effort. For the Gs: Google, Games, and Gallade!!!
Because if we can't protect the earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it. -Red, Pokemon Adventures
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:36 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Well, unless StinkomanFan wants to go now (as in within a day as it's been four days now since I last posted the next part of the story!) then it's your turn, roen52. And then you, silverexorcist. =) (Why are you exorcising silver D=)

Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
Midnight-Umbreon

Nature: Timid
k then lets just put my name in I dont have much to do Im on easter holidays well there is that history project I should do

Music Is The Escape
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

I'd like to join. This is the first story I'm taking part in.
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

You've got an additional day max, Midnight-Umbreon, before we'll have to move onto Kanea.

On that note, more writers are needed to keep it going!

Old April 12th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
You've got an additional day max, Midnight-Umbreon, before we'll have to move onto Kanea.

On that note, more writers are needed to keep it going!
Could somebody give me the link to the stary?
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

It's right here.

I'll pester bobandbill to include a link in his post.
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:55 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Link edited in! Now everything can continue to proceed without fear. =)

Old April 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Cutlerine

So, uh, I can't help but notice that we've stalled here, without an update to the story since the sixth. I'm willing to write another segment in the next couple of days to try and get it going again, if we're still interested in keeping this tale alive.

I mean, we can't leave our poor nameless hero without their imagination forever, can we?

F.A.B.

Old April 20th, 2013, 05:15 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Î had VM'd Kanea a few days back who had said that he didn't realise it had been his turn (Midnight-Umbreon did not respond here)... so he had an extension as nobody else was in line. That said the extension runs out today so you are free to continue it if nothing is finished by then - it's gone on for too long already. Unless someone else wants to join in now, but they must be able to post an update, no excuses.

Please guys, only sign up if you intend to keep on track with it and post to the story; we don't want this to fall over so early.

Old April 20th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

And if you're unable to post when it's your turn please inform the thread so the next person can know.
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:02 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Kanea posted, so it is currently your turn Cutlerine. =)

Old April 29th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Alright guys I won't be home for 1 month or so and thus I can't post.
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:42 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

That's alright...? Because you didn't put your name to write the next part anyway. =p (It's not a 'sign up to always contribute here' deal, it's 'sign up for each time you want to contribute').

On that note - join in people please! (Again).

After my Wednesday I may step in to do a quick part myself, but there's been nobody else willing for a good while now so I'm none too optimistic this will last long at this rate. =( Prove me wrong!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here