The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Crykura
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Can you elaborate your question? What black? SS?
Well when I enter a warp that goes to a new warp that I set up the screen goes black but when i point the warp to one pre made it works.
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:03 AM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crykura View Post
Well when I enter a warp that goes to a new warp that I set up the screen goes black but when i point the warp to one pre made it works.
Have you checked if;
X and Y Positions are right?
Warp No. to warp to is right?

If you still have problems, PM me the file and tell me which maps error.
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM
Reygok
Beginning Hacker

Hello, I have e small problem regarding tiles. They are all default, I did not mess around with tile editing yet, I'm not a very good painter

I changed the weather in one of my maps to "Sunny with clouds in water". It does what it says, there are clouds in the water. BUT these clouds are also reflected by some other tiles, namely flowers, bushes , parts of houses and so on.

I checked the Block Editor, and it seems to have nothing to do with the behaviour byte, they all have different ones, and some are the same as grass, and grass does not reflect the colouds.

Anyone had this problem before?
Thanks for all answers,

Reygok

PS: I'm working with A-Map, in case someone did not notice.
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter Tier 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
Hello, I have e small problem regarding tiles. They are all default, I did not mess around with tile editing yet, I'm not a very good painter :P

I changed the weather in one of my maps to "Sunny with clouds in water". It does what it says, there are clouds in the water. BUT these clouds are also reflected by some other tiles, namely flowers, bushes , parts of houses and so on.

I checked the Block Editor, and it seems to have nothing to do with the behaviour byte, they all have different ones, and some are the same as grass, and grass does not reflect the colouds.

Anyone had this problem before?
Thanks for all answers,

Reygok

PS: I'm working with A-Map, in case someone did not notice.
It's just a glitchy weather type. It was leftover from RSE, and it wasn't fully implemented by Game Freak in FireRed/LeafGreen.
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:37 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Hrm. I phrased my questions wrong it seems, let me try again.

Where can I find the Team Aqua pre-battle logo that shows up? I can't find it in UNZL.GBA so I can assume it's in Tile Molester.

Professor Birch isn't in UNZL.GBA either, so where can I find him in Tile Molester?

Again, both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:46 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Warrior View Post
Hrm. I phrased my questions wrong it seems, let me try again.

Where can I find the Team Aqua pre-battle logo that shows up? I can't find it in UNZL.GBA so I can assume it's in Tile Molester.

Professor Birch isn't in UNZL.GBA either, so where can I find him in Tile Molester?

Again, both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.
I don't know about the Team Aqua Logo but you know NSE 2.X? If not Google it.
Prof. Birch Sprite in Ruby is 39DA00 just uncheck "LZ77 Compressed" checkbox in the NAVIGATE Section. I think it is the same with Sapphire but, why hack Sapphire? There are so lot of resources for Ruby and opposite for Sapphire.
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crykura View Post
There is a good chance you map is corrupted. Try inserting it into another map bank/slot and then try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
All right, here's the patch for my hack of Pokemon Sapphire, the one with the customizable basement. As you can see, I've also been busy with other (un)finished maps before I'm going to start scripting, so bear with the weirdness in the beginning. Just go with it 'till you're free to roam. You'll want to use the decoration cheats here: http://www.supercheats.com/gameboyad...ts-VBA-Cheats/
I was planning on just using my save file:p. Either way, I will try and give it a look right now.

Edit: So, I am playing with this and I have no idea what it wrong. My best guess, since no matter how much I play with the tiles, is that you forced a secret base open and you are missing the command which allows decorations that use tiles. What I mean, is when I changed the outside staircase, not the one in the basement, into the secret base hole thing that you use secret power on, and then I pack up the base, it doesn't close. I can still enter the base as if I made one, even after I packed it up. I believe it is the initial script which opens the base in the first place that is preventing the decorations from being placed properly.

Edit2: the script which opens a secret base in Sapphire is located at 0x1A2BE1. It uses a lot of specials which we have no clue what they do. Take a look at it.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 1st, 2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:56 PM
robin22gongon

Okay so I tried to do Jambo51's Overworld Rival Naming ASM Hack. It's about this paragraph he posted:
Quote:
Explanation: It's what it says on the tin, it lets you name your rival from the in game overworld, allowing for Silver like naming, or indeed, any other possibility you can come up with. The rivalname: .word 0x08FFFFFF is for if the player leaves the name box blank. It will fill it with a standard name instead. This standard name is up to you to create. Simply compile a name with XSE, and point that pointer to it.
Now here's the question, how do I compile the names? At what format?

Another question! Is there a way to make a force egg hatching script without glitches?

Last edited by robin22gongon; April 1st, 2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:36 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Okay so I tried to do Jambo51's Overworld Rival Naming ASM Hack. It's about this paragraph he posted:

Now here's the question, how do I compile the names? At what format?
What do you mean format?

Ok, first open XSE then load your rom. And make a script that would look something like this.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @1
= Gary

Compile it and take note of the offset and that should be the compiled string.
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:54 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
What do you mean format?

Ok, first open XSE then load your rom. And make a script that would look something like this.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @1
= Gary

Compile it and take note of the offset and that should be the compiled string.
Oh okay! What about this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon
Another question! Is there a way to make a force egg hatching script without glitches?
And another one, would it be possible to port the R/S/E Pokedex to FR? Just the appearance and functions not the main Pokedex content. I'm curious since I discovered that the Ruins of Alph was ported to FR so I thought it would be possible to do the same with a Pokedex.

Last edited by robin22gongon; April 1st, 2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:36 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter Tier 2

Quote:
Oh okay! What about this one?

And another one, would it be possible to port the R/S/E Pokedex to FR? Just the appearance and functions not the main Pokedex content. I'm curious since I discovered that the Ruins of Alph was ported to FR so I thought it would be possible to do the same with a Pokedex.
special 0xc2 hatches an egg in your party, and hatches it to the Pokémon in the slot defined by the variable 0x8004. This special affects non-eggs too: it will reset them to level 5, make them have no evs, and changes the met location.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:22 AM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
Hmm, it seems that no matter what map I use, giving any map the tilesets of 14(1), 45(2), and dimensions of 17 width and 9 height will always make that map crash. It isn't just May's house, it seems anything I try it with crashes.
Welp, just when I really got back into hacking, my computer breaks for good. Nothing is cancelled or lost, just on hiatus until I can put my backup somewhere. I'll probably be active around here via android for now.

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:38 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Hmm, it seems that no matter what map I use, giving any map the tilesets of 14(1), 45(2), and dimensions of 17 width and 9 height will always make that map crash. It isn't just May's house, it seems anything I try it with crashes.
That is strange... But any other dimension works fine? Just make the width one more and see what happens, as then you can just leave the extra space blank, but it shouldn't be happening anyway...

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:18 AM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
That is strange... But any other dimension works fine? Just make the width one more and see what happens, as then you can just leave the extra space blank, but it shouldn't be happening anyway...
Good point. I tested that tileset on a large map that I no longer use, and began to shrink it. It still worked with a dimension of 20 width and 10 height. Then it crashed when I tried to give it 17 width and 9 height. So I can still have a bigger map. As long as it looks the same, there won't be a difference. I'm just curious as to why that specific tileset crashes on certain dimensions. It's not even a size issue, it still works with larger dimensions! Anyone else tried this?
Welp, just when I really got back into hacking, my computer breaks for good. Nothing is cancelled or lost, just on hiatus until I can put my backup somewhere. I'll probably be active around here via android for now.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:21 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Good point. I tested that tileset on a large map that I no longer use, and began to shrink it. It still worked with a dimension of 20 width and 10 height. Then it crashed when I tried to give it 17 width and 9 height. So I can still have a bigger map. As long as it looks the same, there won't be a difference. I'm just curious as to why that specific tileset crashes on certain dimensions. It's not even a size issue, it still works with larger dimensions! Anyone else tried this?
All the ROM's I used I remember never crashed for May's Room and the like at the default dimension (assuming by default it is 17x9), so it could be the ROM I guess, or something you did. Though, it is strange...

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:40 AM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Actually, May's house has a default dimension of 11 width, 9 height. I expanded the room just as I had Brandan's then gave it the tileset of 14 and 45. Brendan's room didn't crash at expanding it, but then again I kept it's tileset of 14, 40. Like I said, I've tested this on different maps, so it seems the problem lies with the tileset, not the specific map.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:01 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Actually, May's house has a default dimension of 11 width, 9 height. I expanded the room just as I had Brandan's then gave it the tileset of 14 and 45. Brendan's room didn't crash at expanding it, but then again I kept it's tileset of 14, 40. Like I said, I've tested this on different maps, so it seems the problem lies with the tileset, not the specific map.
Interesting,I will try it on one of my ROM's and report back and see if it crashes.

EDIT: That is so interesting, I see exactly what you mean. I think the only course is to make the dimensions bigger and fill with blank space.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Last edited by Banjora Marxvile; April 2nd, 2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:59 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
Interesting,I will try it on one of my ROM's and report back and see if it crashes.

EDIT: That is so interesting, I see exactly what you mean. I think the only course is to make the dimensions bigger and fill with blank space.
I have run into these problems before with maps expanding and then crashing. Just take the map and insert it into another slot and change all of the warps. It should work then.

Paired with Simba
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I have run into these problems before with maps expanding and then crashing. Just take the map and insert it into another slot and change all of the warps. It should work then.
That's the weird part though. The problem isn't in just that map, it's in any of them. It isn't even about expanding, since the maps can work with bigger dimensions. As Banjora Marxvile pointed out, the unneeded space can be filled with the same tiles as the border, and it won't look any different. Thanks to that, it's not causing any problems. But it's certainly strange that it crashes with only certain dimensions, yet won't have a problem with bigger ones so the problem lies with that tileset, not expanding.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Mickey`
Unhatched Egg

Hello (I'm French and I'm only fifteen, so I'm sorry about my bad English ! :s)

I've got two questions.

First, is it possible to activate an ASM script just pressing a button (without use a XSE script) ?

And then, is it possible, with ASM, to appear pictures on the screen, such as our first Pokémon's sprite ?

Thanks a lot

Mickey`
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
That's the weird part though. The problem isn't in just that map, it's in any of them. It isn't even about expanding, since the maps can work with bigger dimensions. As Banjora Marxvile pointed out, the unneeded space can be filled with the same tiles as the border, and it won't look any different. Thanks to that, it's not causing any problems. But it's certainly strange that it crashes with only certain dimensions, yet won't have a problem with bigger ones so the problem lies with that tileset, not expanding.
Hmmmm, I really don't have anything to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey` View Post
Hello (I'm French and I'm only fifteen, so I'm sorry about my bad English ! :s)

I've got two questions.

First, is it possible to activate an ASM script just pressing a button (without use a XSE script) ?

And then, is it possible, with ASM, to appear pictures on the screen, such as our first Pokémon's sprite ?

Thanks a lot

Mickey`
1) I believe that JPAN's engine allows the running of a script based upon the press of a button, so it could run a script that just says, "callasm 0x[routine+1]".

2) You don't need ASM, there are scripting commands for that. Something like showpokepic and hidepokepic.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 2nd, 2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
TurrableTrevor
Unhatched Egg

I'm having some trouble in Advanced Pallet Editor (APE). I've been following Khaos Knight's tutorial on how to hack the emerald title screen, and everything was going smooth up until it was time to change the pallet. When I import my pallet, it says "Invalid Pallet" or something along those lines. When I try again it appears to load the pallet but says "Runtime Error 13" and then crashes. Any adive?
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

lol yes... it will always do that for a .pal

when you get the error message you should notice the palette is loaded in the boxes (below the error message)

simply screenshot that, or write down the values for each color.

then reopen the APE and manually type in each Value...

yes, time consuming and annoying... but it works.

~Completed Projects:

Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy
lol yes... it will always do that for a .pal

when you get the error message you should notice the palette is loaded in the boxes (below the error message)

simply screenshot that, or write down the values for each color.

then reopen the APE and manually type in each Value...

yes, time consuming and annoying... but it works.
Not if the .pal is 256 colors. You can index your image down to 16 colors, then increase the color depth to 256 and export. Then when you import the palette in APE it will load correctly. No need to do any manual copying
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:11 AM
robin22gongon

Hey guys! I tried putting the offsets I found here at the FontGFX and Font Width Part of the Pokeroms.ini of Fonted but it gives me "Run-time error '380': Invalid property value". Any idea on how to fix this?

Sponsored Links